Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only about 50 minutes in total.

All the characters return in this including Chaos who even comes to Tomoki's house. Is it just me or does she look quite adorable in this? Delta's rage was delicious though. There wasn't much action but there sure were a lot of delusional moments. The ending was somewhat emotional I guess. It almost had the same feeling as the previous movie. Tears all around.

Mikako, you and your little inventions LOL
Stark700Aug 29, 2014 3:24 PM
Aug 29, 2014 2:27 PM
Aug 2011
DAFUQ I JUST WATCHED. They ruined the megaepic final arc from manga into god knows what. In the end we got only 5 minutes from it. The rest 45 is kinda not related stuff.

Well, in spite of that the movie is pretty decent, i'd give it 10/10
Aug 29, 2014 7:14 PM
Jul 2014
I am fine with the main bulk of it, just remove the first and the last part, it totally screwed the the final best arc of the manga.

SPOILERS:
There's more to what happen after Ikaros gets completely burnt, it's not the end...
Aug 29, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2010
Artego32rus said:
DAFUQ I JUST WATCHED. They ruined the megaepic final arc from manga into god knows what. In the end we got only 5 minutes from it. The rest 45 is kinda not related stuff.

some viewer claim that only those who finish the manga know what is happening in the movie
Signature Removed
Aug 29, 2014 10:30 PM
Aug 2011
groundfish said:
Artego32rus said:

some viewer claim that only those who finish the manga know what is happening in the movie

that's true, because they skipped damn a lot of material. And final at the movie is not the final at all. There's lot more to happen after Ikaros dies
Artego32rusAug 29, 2014 10:33 PM
Sep 1, 2014 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
There really is mixed feelings after I watched this movie. There was nice emotional scene, but actually we don't get much by watching the movie. And this movie didn't give a proper conclusion at all.

Well, I better read the manga soon.
Sep 1, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
I read the manga. They skipped a lot of materials and some very epic moments in this movie. They also changed the plot too much! I found this was pretty frustrated.

The movie was way too rushed. It will be pretty confusing for those who did not read the manga. The ending was pretty emotional. That kiss scene between Ikaros x Tomoki was decent. Too bad, they have to end it like that there.
removed-userSep 2, 2014 8:52 AM
Sep 1, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2008
They really need to get the stuff on a TV series to get it animated properly... this is frustrating for manga fans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
Wow. That was honestly really bad...

They might've got 20% of the remaining manga adapted into this..
the only plus of this was chaos. I loved her ... psychotic innocence

Sep 1, 2014 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Christ this was rushed, left out way too much material.. Oh well, at least the manga had a proper ending.
Sep 1, 2014 9:16 PM

May 2013
Yep there was definitely a lot of material that was left off. And it sucks that it ended that way since there was more to it.
Sep 1, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
No no no no no! This can't be all! So many people who watch only the show will misunderstand the ending! Looks like they're gonna have to read the manga to find out what really happens.
My life would be complete if they just made one more thing for SnO, but since the title does say "final" I guess I have no choice but to accept this.

Overall - 7.8/10
Was very enjoyable, but had potential to be something much better!
Sep 1, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
Was really looking forward to this and only to see that it was 50 mins long that was meant to fill the void of season 3 which didn't happen. The ending was a bit disappointing leaving with that cliffhanger but was still enjoyable to watch.
Sep 1, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
So many plot holes, no explanation of Daedalus, why the world was being destroyed, all of that stuff. It's hugely disappointing... I wish they'd give this another chance to properly conclude and explain everything. A season 3 prequel to the movie would be great. Explaining all the bits they rushed through, Kazane's return, etc. because this felt like they took assorted scenes from the scrapped season 3 and then jumbled them together.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 1, 2014 11:26 PM

May 2010
what...did...i...watch....

im so confused, i dont read the manga so i rly hated the movie, wth was going on gawd its so bad i wanna unsee it, few of my friends waiting to see it aswell, i will be a hero and tell them not too.

ugh how can a movie be so bad.
Sep 1, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Was really looking forward to this and only to see that it was 50 mins long that was meant to fill the void of season 3 which didn't happen. The ending was a bit disappointing leaving with that cliffhanger but was still enjoyable to watch.

I'm gonna hope and pray that there's enough fan outcry/demand for them to at least release some OVAs to fill in the gaps that this movie left unfilled.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 1, 2014 11:30 PM

Feb 2013
I would never recommend this to someone who hasn't read the manga yet, the beginning and end are such extrem spoilers.
I don't know how I should feel about this movie... just like the previous seasons it was a more or less good adaption of the manga with some adjustments (besides the AO End of Forte), but since this is the 'Final' adaption of SnO and I had my hopes high that they would adapt the final arc of the manga with that promotion poster...
But seriously, those 5 minutes of spoilers were totally pointless, they're just confusing people who haven't read the manga.
Hopefully this will get a third season after all.
-Bakemono-Sep 1, 2014 11:43 PM

Sep 1, 2014 11:31 PM
Mar 2012
I understand that this ''ending'' is meant to be understood only by those who read the manga, but for someone who didn't like me, it was frustrating and pointless to have those first five and last five minutes of this ''movie''.

They just
Even If it was meant for manga reader, they totally rushed that and made a dumb 50 minute OAV that do not please any of the readers (From the comments I saw at least.).. Then what was the point?

I do not plan to read the manga, since I never read any, so can someone tell me the big line of what was ''supposed'' to be showed in this movie? (Under spoiler tag) That would be appreciated.
Sep 1, 2014 11:37 PM
Apr 2013
I have read all of the manga for this, and was excited to watch the movie, well now i'm truly disappointed and a bit pissed off with how the did it. worst part of it in my opinion was the ending , it felt more like a kill everyone off and the end "viewers reaction" wtf is this s**t . that cant be it, please tell me that isn't it.
Sep 1, 2014 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
No. Just no.

You can't change one of the most epic ending arc I've read in the past few years into a dumb movie.

I mean. To all viewer only...
Read the last part of the manga. It's totally worth it.
Sep 1, 2014 11:58 PM

Feb 2013
Dante04 said:
I understand that this ''ending'' is meant to be understood only by those who read the manga, but for someone who didn't like me, it was frustrating and pointless to have those first five and last five minutes of this ''movie''.

They just
Even If it was meant for manga reader, they totally rushed that and made a dumb 50 minute OAV that do not please any of the readers (From the comments I saw at least.).. Then what was the point?

I do not plan to read the manga, since I never read any, so can someone tell me the big line of what was ''supposed'' to be showed in this movie? (Under spoiler tag) That would be appreciated.

To make it short while no spoiler tags are needed: This movie was the adaption of the manga around chapter 45, while 5 minutes (the beginning and the end) were from the last chapter (chapter 77).

Sep 2, 2014 12:39 AM
Mar 2012
BeatOfRebirth96 said:
To make it short while no spoiler tags are needed: This movie was the adaption of the manga around chapter 45, while 5 minutes (the beginning and the end) were from the last chapter (chapter 77).

Yeah I realized that much. I just read the final chapter, just because I was pissed and now i'm just asking myself.. why they didn't made the entire chapter into the movie? At least that way even if you haven't read it you could still be happy with the ending and say that all end well. You wouldn't understand what lead up to this, but at least you would have the feel of a true ending.

Anyway, i'm happy that I at least got to read the last chapter, now I can forget that ''movie'' and take the manga ending.
Sep 2, 2014 2:16 AM

May 2012
WTF WHY DIDN'T THEY FINISH THE ENDING!? WHY THEY WANT TO LEAVE HORRIBLE BAD TASTE IN NON MANGA READERS MOUTHS
Sep 2, 2014 4:09 AM
Aug 2012
did they change kazanes hair to blueish lol
Sep 2, 2014 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
No just no. They should have just not bothered making this. Read the manga
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 2, 2014 4:27 AM

Dec 2010
Ah ah ah aha ha ha, really what is this shit? Why they "adapt" the last 10 tonkobons in this way? The original author is really ok with this?

I laught for not cry. They ruined a whole saga after 2 tv seasons, oavs and a decent movie.

If you haven't read the manga this abortion seems a slideshow of random events, even if you read it and understand some scenes, all is beyond any logic and coherence, not only they change some chapters, they add fillers too, yes fillers.
The ending is the best part, there is none. Without the final fight, the reboot and the resolution is like switch off the power while you are watching a movie.

Horrendous and unbelievable, it leave me depressed and spechless.

1/5, i think is the first time i'm so angry and i give an 1 to an anime, i'm a open minded anime fan and accept adaptions that differ from the original source but this is by far the worst thing i ever watched.
They ruin everything, there is no excuses or words, nothing can be saved at this point, fuck you from the deep of my heart you stupid and retard producer.
Fn76Sep 2, 2014 4:42 AM
Sep 2, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Reading all the reviews put me off from watching this. So manga readers, which chapter should I read from? (I've watched both seasons and the first movie).

I'd like to read it first before watching this movie.
Sep 2, 2014 5:45 AM
Oct 2011
It was nice seeing the important parts of the manga animated (Tomoki freeing Ikaros, the kiss scene) but the approaching Synapse stuff should not have been in the movie at all if 90% of it was just a point that has nothing to do with it.

I'm not even going to get into the stuff that wasn't explained properly (why Sugata was dying, why the world is being destroyed, Kazane's and Chaos' return, etc.)

If you didn't read the manga yet but like SnO, I say at least read the manga starting at around chapter 45. You'll be so much less confused after watching the movie. If you don't want to invest the time, than the final 2 chapters are a MUST.
zXReMXzSep 2, 2014 6:19 AM
Sep 2, 2014 6:26 AM
Oct 2011
MoeGod said:
Reading all the reviews put me off from watching this. So manga readers, which chapter should I read from? (I've watched both seasons and the first movie).

Most of the movie is an adaptation of chapter 45 but the beginning and ending scenes are taken from the final chapter which is 77.
Sep 2, 2014 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
I'm getting confused here...is Mikako an angeloid...? it's seems in this movie she's the one who made Ikaros malfunction...
DeadZeroSourceSep 2, 2014 7:23 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 2, 2014 7:09 AM

Sep 2011
I will have to read the manga to understand this, isn't it...
Sep 2, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Dante04 said:

They just

this movie. is bullshit.

but 2 things i loved - ost , and chaos.
Sep 2, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
If you have read the manga
you understud the movie BUT
If you didn't read the manga
you will hate the movie because it makes no scene at all

I have read the manga and I really dissapointed from that movie
everything is new in there

the look
some voice actors
and the fact that its just 50min long
Sep 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2014
I dont remeber mikako being an angel in the manga why fuck did they add that to the movie? Just to add to the list of questions unanswered by this movie?

This movie is hinting that mikako might be an angel that is sleeping in the synapse dome. Its possible since it looks like ikaros attacked the synapse b4 most of the angles went to sleep. Idk just a theory i guess.

-sigh- i actually dont want them to continue this series. They are continually fucking up my favorite series. My exepctations were already low for this but they still managed to baffle me on how badly they fucked this up
Sep 2, 2014 9:27 AM

Feb 2014
Wth is this...? Just cut the nonsensical start/end and call it an OVA.

I've never read manga before, perhaps I should try it. 100 pages in a chapter sounds discouraging though, at least with loading between each page. Is there any webpage that merges all the pages into one continuous one or something similar?
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 2, 2014 10:05 AM
Feb 2013
I guess Ikaros is dead.
Sep 2, 2014 10:32 AM
Mar 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
I'm getting confused here...is Mikako an angeloid...? it's seems in this movie she's the one who made Ikaros malfunction...

She is not an angeloid. The manga didn't really explained her well, so most assume her as like another "God" since it seem like she knew everything from the started.

zXReMXz said:
It was nice seeing the important parts of the manga animated (Tomoki freeing Ikaros, the kiss scene) but the approaching Synapse stuff should not have been in the movie at all if 90% of it was just a point that has nothing to do with it.

I'm not even going to get into the stuff that wasn't explained properly (why Sugata was dying, why the world is being destroyed, Kazane's and Chaos' return, etc.)

If you didn't read the manga yet but like SnO, I say at least read the manga starting at around chapter 45. You'll be so much less confused after watching the movie. If you don't want to invest the time, than the final 2 chapters are a MUST.

They never kissed at the end of the manga, she just said that

xytech said:
Wth is this...? Just cut the nonsensical start/end and call it an OVA.

I've never read manga before, perhaps I should try it. 100 pages in a chapter sounds discouraging though, at least with loading between each page. Is there any webpage that merges all the pages into one continuous one or something similar?

If you're going to read the manga, I recommend you start over from chapter 1. Sure the anime cover most details, but they also fucked up a shit load of them.
NoLongerUse4413Sep 2, 2014 10:44 AM
Sep 2, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
My only hope is now that in the coming years we'll see NGE style rebuild etc. OVAs which better explain the story instead of the bullcrap we had to endure here.
Sep 2, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2012
MoeGod said:

hm

i started from 43

really worth the read, the final arc was so good. and get rdy for the feelz
Sep 2, 2014 10:45 AM
Mar 2014
gregory31 said:
MoeGod said:

hm

i started from 43

really worth the read, the final arc was so good. and get rdy for the feelz

It'd be better off from chapter 1 imo, I finished the manga in a day. Then I tried to watch the anime series and just, jesus fuck.
Sep 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
Is this really the last movie??? The story doesn't end here!
Sep 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
First, I feel like I'm missing something.
And second, this ending! Are you freaking kidding me?! And you call this movie "Final" while ending it like this???

Should have just made a proper season 3. I love this series, and you had to go on and ruin it like this for me...
Sep 2, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
What a let down.. maybe I just expected too much ._.

Welp
Sep 2, 2014 1:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
the hell was that -.-

the manga ending was so beautiful but this was just ugh -.-
Sep 2, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2010
Trash ... blasphemous trash.
they should have just done it like oreimo and made the series a trilogy.
after watching this there's no way I'd want to read the manga (even though i've already read it).
isn't the plan to attract viewers to read the original material, not drive them away by wasting 50 minutes of their lives.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 2, 2014 2:11 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
How in the fuck did they even decide to fuck with the adaptation? I'm guessing they had financial troubles for a third season or the manga's end was a factor but this was just so lazy of them to do.

It was average at best, if it was just the middle part, it would be solid 6.
Sep 2, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
Well, disappointing. I'm not familiar with the manga so I don't know what was skipped.

The middle part between the two scenes of Tomoki flying to synapse, was good. The comedy wasn't as good as the first season though but was enjoyable.

The starting where Tomoki was left unexplained. Why was he going towards synapse? Why was the world being destroyed? What on earth was going on? The movie should've answered these questions but didn't. I do know that Tomoki made some order, but things didn't add up. They showed some flashbacks but it didn't explain the end of the world. This is what dissappointed me. The rest was good but this wasn't.

I really liked both seasons and was looking forward to this movie but it didn't meet my expectations. It wasn't a fitting end.
Sep 2, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2010
Haven't watched it yet, but I read that apparently there is a special of 20 something minutes that finishes the story.

Does anyone know anything about it?
"El Psy Congroo"
Sep 2, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2011
I will be sorely disappointed if this is how my favorite ecchi anime ends!
Sep 2, 2014 5:19 PM
Jun 2014
Well i just finished watching the movie seemed very interesting. i feel like i litterally need to read the manga to understand what happend anyways, i gave it a 7 for me not reading its manga maybe i'll go read it sometime later. i'll probably raise it or lower it after I'm done with manga depending my diferent view to it.
Frej5321Sep 2, 2014 5:28 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The most annoying character in Sora no Otoshimono is..?

Asteris - Jun 22, 2013

44 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:05 PM

» Explanation

tirafesi - Sep 3, 2014

23 by falko92 »»
Dec 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » The movie should have higher ratings...

Renaultclio101 - Oct 10, 2014

7 by KungYii1994 »»
Jan 27, 2018 4:51 PM

» What was the true ending of Sora No Otoshimono?

Wincest77 - Sep 9, 2017

6 by Wincest77 »»
Sep 10, 2017 12:02 AM

» Manga happy ending

Kainemvhzc - Jan 25, 2017

1 by Yudistira »»
Feb 17, 2017 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.