Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 16, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
so its ended only tomaki survived?
and hiyori back i never know that she survived.
last part only tomaki an ikaros where others angeloids ?
Dec 20, 2015 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
This movie was quite a letdown. They started it with a huge problem to a whole planet without any hint.
I was thinking - ok they will explain it later with a long flashback or something... Unfortunately, I'm clueless after the end too.

There is zero explanation about what is happening and why.
Very confusing, bringing more questions and disappointment.
Dec 22, 2015 1:46 PM

May 2012
wtf was that ending...
Dec 24, 2015 12:24 AM
Dec 2015
I haven't read the manga but i will after this...

I've been trying to figure out how to explain this movie and it's ending but i keep coming to the same conclusion... Unless they make an ova or a movie about tomoki being god or the savior and defeating that guy and going to a different universe like Mirai Nikki or some crazy stuff like reality is fantasy or whatever... all the just anime watchers who watch this will have to travel into a different world where the manga reader's roam free to seek the ending that will undisappoint us and let us live are life in peace. 0_0

Unfortunately i had to travel but found what i was seeking. now i shall continue... (_-_)
Smirking_OracleDec 24, 2015 1:36 AM
"One day I'm going to die, when that day comes I hope to be alive" -Smirking_Oracle
Jan 3, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2011
CK5321 said:
Well i just finished watching the movie seemed very interesting. i feel like i litterally need to read the manga to understand what happend anyways, i gave it a 7 for me not reading its manga maybe i'll go read it sometime later. i'll probably raise it or lower it after I'm done with manga depending my diferent view to it.

Holy, I normally don't read manga's but after watching this I decided to read the last chapter, there's a lot more to the ending that happens after what you saw in the movie; go check it out because if they don't make another movie or season then they totally just ruined the anime series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
I definitely didn't understand this movie.. What the hell was that ending for the story?! If it should end when Ikaros should say her love for Tomoki, then it wasn't necessary that way of ending the entire story! They could made a new event and just tell that in the end. That could be nice too!

So but forgetting the begging and how it ends the movie, the rest of story it was very good. Unless, I must give a mark to this because of that. ;)
I'm happy then Ikaros finally revealed her emotions to her Master! They could be very happy living together with everyone else too! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 14, 2016 3:05 AM

Jan 2012
Does NOT do the rest of the series justice, was really expecting 'more'.
Feb 14, 2016 10:54 AM
Feb 2016
This is so bad nothing was like the manga. I haven't read the manga i was just watching the anime. So i felt so confused. I had read the manga to understand. But then i was more confused. Nothing in the movie was connected to the manga like there was no Chaos chopping bugs legs she was still thinking about what love is. There is no Oregano . Like wth was that movie it is the worst one i ever saw.0/5
Mar 11, 2016 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
what was the point of the plot if they aren't' gonna do anything with it.. no seriously they wasted the first 2 seasons with 95% shitty fan-service and 5% plot and couldn't get a 3rd season because of their terrible decisions and ended up with a 50 minute movie in which they still didn't get to the plot and a terrible ending.
Nov 6, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2012
After rewatching the series , I can confirm to say how the heck is this called a final. To me it seems like 2-3 episodes for the 40 minutes then a huge skip/gap then shows a random scene of Tomoki being thrown into synapse and ikarius dying which is sad. Lastly, three minutes of the ending. I really do hope this gets an remake of third season.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Overall the movie is good but the opening is confusing, there are many unexplained things going on. I heard the manga explains it all so I'll start reading the manga. Some of the users said to start reading it from chapter 45, but if your in a rush then start reading the last 2 chapters. But I don't think they'll release the final movie for the manga as it's no November 2016 now and it's been 2 years since this movie came out in 2014
Nov 26, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2009
iAmHydro said:
Overall the movie is good but the opening is confusing, there are many unexplained things going on. I heard the manga explains it all so I'll start reading the manga. Some of the users said to start reading it from chapter 45, but if your in a rush then start reading the last 2 chapters. But I don't think they'll release the final movie for the manga as it's no November 2016 now and it's been 2 years since this movie came out in 2014

I definitely urge you to read the manga instead and forget this movie ever existed. The finale in the manga blows this film out of the water.
Feb 20, 2017 4:41 AM
Dec 2013
Gaporigo said:
Guess i'll read the manga just because the rest of the series was good but this movie was the worst thing they could have done, i would have been okay with the anime ending with the last movie, at least that way i wouldn't have a ton of stuff that makes no sense thrown at my face...

The world is ending. Ok, why?
Nymph killed Zeus and died (?). Ok, who is Zeus? why was Nymph fighting Zeus?
Sugata is probably dead. Ok, who killed him/hurt him?
Hiyori is back. Why?????
Mikako, Astrea and Sohara are not there. Are they already dead? where are they???
Mikako reprograms Ikaros. why/how can she do that????
Parallel universes/timelines mentioned by Hiyori. where is that place she was at? Why is Tomoki only in this timeline/universe?

Im sure i can get a lot more questions they never answered, this movie was just disappointing and confusing as fuck.

I'm all agree of this comment! The movie doesn't give all of these question clearly. And since I can't like to find out manga, I just wish there is not really a "Final".

Give more interesting closing in this anime series please. It's so dissapointing for such good series must be ended like this.... ^^
Jun 4, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2012
It's sad when your favorite anime has a horrible ending to laziness for a good adaptation.
The whole series was great and the first film too, but this left many holes in the history of the anime and fucked with everything.
Jul 21, 2017 6:08 PM
May 2017
Please someone tell my how HOW CAN YOU MESS THIS UP THAT BADLY with everything being awesome amazing story so far an awesome movie how can this be the end (i haven't read the manga) why?!

This movie felt like a huge slap to all of the fans what was the point of it i'd rather had 10 more seasons getting to the ending then just some bs no good "end" i have no words all i can say is rn i am very upset and angry and sad. i am guessing they arent making anything anymore no new season or movie please if i am wrong tell me i would love to know WTH is going on.

Edit: Idk if cursing was alowed here so i din't
Sep 24, 2017 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Originally a third season but turned into a film, that's where the issue is.
They decided to put everything left to tell in 50 minute film, not even a full length film.

Animation is suddenly different, characters look different and we get a scene at the start that didn't explain what was going on throughout the entire film, allthough we can assume from some of the scenes what eventually was happening.

So the only real "world" is where Tomoki is, the one world that didn't get destroyed by the Synapse
Apparently Mikako was an Angeloid aswell / still is, Zeus has died, was that the guy who was in "charge" of the Synapse, Nymph's / Astrea's master?

Huge letdown for it's supposed "Final" ...
I guess I'll have to read the final chapters of the manga to get my satisfaction.

** Well then, just read the final 2 chapters of the manga and things make WAY more sense and I felt way more interested in the story right away.
What a great ending ... if only this film could've done the same or just make it a full season, such a shame.
Hell, this might even be a Deadman Wonderland case where I'll just read the entire manga, I feel like I missed quite a bit of stuff they left out.
PrOxAntoSep 24, 2017 10:24 AM
Feb 22, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
wow now this... idk what to even say

season 1 was good, season 2 was even better and then the first movie was amazing

and then this? it was like they was trying to put so much shit into such a short amount of time .... which imo is a really odd decision the fact that they even decided to make this the final i mean first making it a movie, then giving it not even an hr and then on top of that they don't even give us a ending smh

i really wonder why they didn't just make this a full 12 to 24 ep season instead of doing some bs like this..

with that said i loved everything else of the anime except this final movie

now just time to read the manga and like a lot have said to forget this was even a thing cause my god was this just terrible

will just read from the start like i do with most series cause some how anime versions always cuts things or mess up things so yeah but still i cant believe they did some shit like this with this final
DazeFireFeb 22, 2019 12:18 PM
"one step at a time"
Mar 12, 2019 8:18 AM
Feb 2017
should i go for the manga or just watch this movie?
someone plz help as i dont like bad and shor endings
Apr 10, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
I waited four or five years for a dub and it never happened. So I said screw it watched the subbed version. I can see why Funimation didn't license it.Its okay but the ending is seriously disappointing considering the the series.Maybe if they left out the beginning and the ending then it would have been a lot better as a 30 something minute movie/ova instead of a 50 minute movie.
Jan 7, 2021 6:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Too bad it was short... but well I just see it has a bonus for the main TV series so I don't really care, it was fine.
Jun 18, 2021 9:36 AM
Jun 2021
read the manga final chapter (77) it will cure your heart
Aug 13, 2021 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
Tomo's peak... that scene was really nice. I had to rub one out after seeing that. lmao

Man, it's a shame they didn't make this into a full season. It's rushed and incomplete. 6/10
Jan 18, 2022 4:08 AM

Dec 2008
I forgot about or never knew there was this finale...and this is what I got? The whole series went downhil quick from where it was at the beginning, but wtf was that at the end though? The comedy felt off but was ok, its just...to thell with that ending...4 outta 10 just for that nice end theme...ugh
Mar 2, 2022 7:12 PM

Sep 2018
Lmao, what the hell was that? Convoluted and rushed, Alpha's heartfelt outburst was moving at least. So unsatisfying, 5/10, only thanks to some comedy moments and Alpha showing her feelings.
Apr 29, 2022 11:56 PM
May 2021
I am so fucking disappointed with this movie. No conclusion, no explaination about stuff happening. Pure shit. Need to read it the manga now. I am giving it 4/10 cause I loved it's both seasons and that movie. otherwise I would have given this 1/10
Jul 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2008
How is this getting a 6 rating? I can't remember the last time I watched something this bad. They literally split the first few pages of the last chapter of the manga in half and sandwiched 2 condensed TV filler episodes in between. It feels like they went out of their way to make something to intentionally piss off fans who kept bugging them for more Sora no Otoshimono. I honestly can't think of any other reason for this to exist. It's stuff like this why I've almost completely abandoned animé for manga. Unlike the first movie, which I rated a 2/10, I can't justify giving this steaming pile of dog dung anything more than a 1/10. This was brutal.
Jun 19, 2023 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
things just happened.
Sep 15, 2023 11:08 PM

Dec 2022
Not entirely sure what happened in this movie, or what the context behind anything is. That said, I appreciate that it didn't waste times with recaps. The humour was still fine, and Ikaros's voice acting was exceptional near the end. This results in an okay movie overall, but I absolutely would've preferred a third season if this was supposed to supplant it.

I'll probably read the manga at some point, because this is confounding.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 16, 9:41 PM
Aug 2023
Not going to lie it felt like everything that happened between season 1 and 2 including the ova and the first part of the movies doesn't matter because she died in the last movie but if you think about it from both perspectives they both died and are together forever as we don't know if tomoki died after the kiss and goes into the black void so 8/10 I enjoyed it for what it was and this makes no sense why they end one of the best relationships in anime history for it being Android angel and human this one was actually pretty good but the ending really gives you a unfinished story and blank closure
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The most annoying character in Sora no Otoshimono is..?

Asteris - Jun 22, 2013

44 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:05 PM

» Explanation

tirafesi - Sep 3, 2014

23 by falko92 »»
Dec 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » The movie should have higher ratings...

Renaultclio101 - Oct 10, 2014

7 by KungYii1994 »»
Jan 27, 2018 4:51 PM

» What was the true ending of Sora No Otoshimono?

Wincest77 - Sep 9, 2017

6 by Wincest77 »»
Sep 10, 2017 12:02 AM

» Manga happy ending

Kainemvhzc - Jan 25, 2017

1 by Yudistira »»
Feb 17, 2017 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.