Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2014 11:54 PM

Mar 2014
http://www.smh.com.au/world/ukraine-president-petro-poroshenko-says-russian-forces-have-entered-the-country-20140828-109rr8.html#ixzz3BhUjCXQ5

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Thursday that Russian forces had entered his country and the conflict was worsening.

He said he was cancelling a trip to Turkey "as Russian troops have actually been brought into Ukraine".

Ukraine's ambassador to the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe accused Russia of a "direct invasion".

I am reading all the media coming out of there with equal skepticism.

we cant know what the big two bastards are playing, but I have an inkling what they are playing at in the meta end game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 28, 2014 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Welp, I guess I'm 25% Russian now.
Aug 28, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2014
World War III, anyone?
Aug 28, 2014 11:58 PM

Mar 2014
Nanet said:
World War III, anyone?
The USA doesn't have the balls to get involved in a war with Vlad. Them and NATO will ramp up the pressure on Putin to save face. But the odds are that Vlad will get what he wants. The consequences of a direct USA/USSR conflict are too big a risk to worry about Ukraine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 11:59 PM

Mar 2014
BarryManilow said:
Nanet said:
World War III, anyone?
The USA doesn't have the balls to get involved in a war with Vlad. Them and NATO will ramp up the pressure on Putin to save face. But the odds are that Vlad will get what he wants. The consequences of a direct USA/USSR conflict are too big a risk to worry about Ukraine.
Putin's been getting a lot of political wins lately.
Aug 29, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2013
Kiev have been screaming and lying about this for months now.

I seem to recall a certain saying that involves a wolf.
NewhopesAug 29, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 29, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
looks like the economic sanctions for russia are not enough
Aug 29, 2014 1:45 AM

Mar 2012
Russia knows that USA really doesn't want to start WW3. So they know they can get away with shit and play hard ball, while the USA and the rest of the West pussy foots around the whole crisis.
Aug 29, 2014 3:27 AM

Mar 2014
ElPysCongroo said:
Russia knows that USA really doesn't want to start WW3. So they know they can get away with shit and play hard ball, while the USA and the rest of the West pussy foots around the whole crisis.
"Peace in our time" - Neville Chamberlain

The parallels are interesting, an ideologically opposed superpower that after a long period of aggressive foreign policy suffered economic collapse, and have now become aggressively expansionist once again with the whole world too scared of really waking up the drowsy bear.
(While Putin has his numerous flaws, I'm not comparing him to Hitler or Russia to Nazi Germany in anything other than the geo-political climates.)
BarryManilowAug 29, 2014 3:32 AM
Aug 29, 2014 3:51 AM

Jan 2011
Haven't checked in a while, are the rebels winning or something? Ukraine seems to want help that will never come.

And lol at sensationalist titles pictured below: Russia marauding across Ukraine.

Not pictured: what is actually happening.
Aug 29, 2014 6:11 AM

Mar 2012
I think the rebels have actually have been losing quite a bit of ground but its far from over.

Aug 29, 2014 9:30 AM

Jan 2014
The rebels have been losing ground for some time, but it looks like Mother Russia is coming to the rescue.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 29, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 2012
Nanet said:
World War III, anyone?

We Italians have an inborn ability to be able to adapt to new overlords, so this is rather easy for us.

*a-hem*

"All Hail his Imperial Majesty, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, Emperor and Autocrat of All Europas!
God bless the Tsar, long may he reign!"

Aug 30, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
nucleon said:
Well the rebels had warned of 'new forces' earlier. Someone actually posted false news (the 1.5km length of military vehicles) earlier but was discarded soon. Also the convoy confused Ukraine and the west.

Mariupol has many people who are against the war. Taking it is not easy.
But the situation may force Ukraine to declare a full-scale war and start drafting. (It has been defined as anti-terrorist operation by Kiev only)

Here's the rebel side of crime disclosed recently

Faces of the two leaders can tell the story

Russia will smile, even if it cannot get Ukraine, Ukraine is damaged severely with a little investment of it's own men only.

Detaining in depraved and disgusting conditions is common during war. I think it would be common for prisoners to be treated poorly, especially when one is under siege.

Human Rights Watch pointed this out, as well as they pointed the Ukrainian government's indiscriminate artillery firing.
I stand with Freedom, no matter the cost, no matter the price.

Aug 30, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
So...in the preservation of West Ukrainian "fascist freedom" you are to stamp on true freedom in the East?

It is not until tank and artillery shells destroy your home, not until they kill your family, not until you lose something close to you that you will realize then, what you are fighting for, as do some relatives of mine.

Americans cannot put themselves in our shoes. They don't understand the pain, the suffering. But perhaps we understand now, the American forefathers, the framers who fought so hard in their rebellion against the unjust and corrupt government of Britain..

Davai Svoboda!

-Jay

P.s. We who enjoy freedom take for-granted our freedom until we are forced to fight for it ourselves.
JayexAug 30, 2014 9:31 PM
I stand with Freedom, no matter the cost, no matter the price.

Sep 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
GO PUTIN!
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Sep 1, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2012
I don't care about it - it isn't happening anywhere near where I live
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Sep 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
BarryManilow said:
Nanet said:
World War III, anyone?
Obama bends over backwards to avoid ticking off Putin.

No, wait, let me rephrase that. Obama bends over a table for Putin.
Sep 2, 2014 1:36 AM

May 2012
I do think that Russia is helping the separatists, on the other hand, Separatist forces are about 80%, the rest are Chechens, Cossacks and Russians, so I would say it still is a "civil" war.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Sep 2, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
Chances of them been T72B3 are pretty much zero, they only entered service end of last year.

And the 2 stripes on the frist picture is what the Ukraine forces use to identify thier tanks.

Sep 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
I see nothing there that shows they're T72B3.
NewhopesSep 2, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2, 2014 5:34 PM

May 2012
"a guy".. awesome source.

I am not saying it's true, just that you have to view every source critically.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Sep 3, 2014 1:46 AM

Dec 2011
Ukraine agrees 'permanent truce' with rebels in east
Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko says he has agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin by phone on a "permanent ceasefire" with rebels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29042561
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 3, 2014 2:36 AM

Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Ukraine agrees 'permanent truce' with rebels in east
Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko says he has agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin by phone on a "permanent ceasefire" with rebels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29042561
Why "permanent ceasefire" and not "peace"?
Sep 3, 2014 4:14 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like the rebels are going to get what they wanted.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.