Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
I think it's the best title of this season but also i think it's not a best time for this title. Now ppl love series like Akame ga Kill or Tokyo Ghoul whitch are not so great. They are just ok. And that's couild be a reson why Zankyou no Terror is not gonna be as popular as it should be, as it deserves. What do you think about that?
Aug 28, 2014 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
it's better ranked tho...
Tokyo Ghoul - 8.14 - #348
Akame ga Kill - 8.19 - #292
Zankyou no Terror - 8.47 - #106
Aug 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
It happens in most summer season, in 2012 it was Psycho Pass, in 2013 it was Sunday Without God. There's always a series that doesn't get as much attention because one is bigger than the other.
Aug 28, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
Simar said:
it's better ranked tho...
Tokyo Ghoul - 8.14 - #348
Akame ga Kill - 8.19 - #292
Zankyou no Terror - 8.47 - #106

Yeah. Rate is better, but number of ppl who rated this title it's not bigger.
Aug 28, 2014 11:09 PM

May 2007
Zankyou no Terror is great but I do not think it's superior to either the Tokyo Ghoul or Akame ga Kill anime, which have been doing a good job at adapting their respective manga counterparts. The Tokyo Ghoul adaptation isn't as great though because of the series being a 1-cour and they seem to be racing through the story.

I would however compare Zankyou no Terror to the following 3 which are Monster, Psycho-Pass and Death Note and in those terms Zankyou is a little disappointing but honestly though who cares, I'm just glad there is an anime out there trying to be intelligent.
Aug 29, 2014 1:16 AM
Oct 2012
It is a bad time thanks to the blatant adaption of edgy anime or wanting a whiny main character coming to life and utterly becomes a badass in seconds, forgetting the development or half assed writing.

Here's my issue. I don't like Anime like I did. I need something cutting, off the records, unique, or outright amazing to keep my interest. I hate cliches, I hate seeing things going down a route I'm expecting. I don't mind cliched personalities long as they don't fall in cliche backstories.

This anime, a breath of fresh air. Humans, real life humans and needing wit. I prefer this far more than some pumped up badass or senseless fighting. The atmosphere and environment added by the phenomenal director who's expressing an all time high in skills screams perfection.

And unless this anime starting on 9/11, I don't think that any other timing be best, considering that the ninth episode starts on 9/11 and 9/12 in Japan. A perfect placed time thanks to Shinichiro.

People are rating these other shows and loving it because they get mass appeal to crunchyroll and a run of the mill shounen. However, America does not want to touch on a subject regarding Terrorism in the perspective of the terrorist. No thank you, they don't want lawsuits or dangers.

TLDR; Yes, a bad time when an anime getting done right is shown but no outlet or popularity aspects. Like Crunchyroll!

Oh, and it'll only lower your rankings when you compare it to another show when it isn't remotely done int he same fashion or style.
Aug 29, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think this is a bad time for Zankyou to air. When all the other animes airing are either mediocre or bad, you need an anime which is at least good. It doesn't matter if it gains popularity or not. As long as the anime is good it shouldn't be a problem. If people aren't watching it its their fault. It's not like people are being stopped from watching a good anime like this. For me, there should be at least one brilliant or great anime each season and this season there are two so it's good.
Aug 29, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 2014
The question is does it matter?

The fact alone, that an anime like Zankyou No Terror is released is more the sufficient. I certainly enjoy it and I guess you do it too. The popularity does not matter, at least for now. ZnT is bound to become popular, it might be suppressed as of now due to overflowing anime but the fact remains that Znt is a very good anime recommendation.
Aug 29, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2012
The difference isn't that big though:

Akame ga Kill - Ranked: #299; Popularity: 251
Tokyo Ghoul - Ranked: #348; Popularity: 203
Zankyou no Terror - Ranked: #106; Popularity: 280

TG and AgK are adaptions from popular manga, which made people know about them faster. I discovered ZnT a bit later, hearing people saying it is similar to Death Note. I feel like this happened/will happen to many others. And since it's ranked high compared to other summer season anime, more people will get curious & watch it.
Aug 29, 2014 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
JCDRANZER said:

I would however compare Zankyou no Terror to the following 3 which are Monster, Psycho-Pass and Death Note and in those terms Zankyou is a little disappointing but honestly though who cares, I'm just glad there is an anime out there trying to be intelligent.

Big fat this.

Zankyou's got very little on those 3 shows, but I whole-heartedly agree about the last bit. I'm nearly bored to death with moral-driven conflicted main characters... Just thinking about Tokyo Ghoul's Kaneki makes me want to quit anime soon.

I really wish more writers aimed to create more intelligent characters than wimpy boys and girls. We have MORE than enough of this. Create intelligent character to inspire young watchers to want to be like them instead of exposing them to yet another spineless folk.
Aug 30, 2014 2:56 AM

May 2012
Surprised no one mentioned SAO 2. The biggest show of the season and even AgK and TG aren't close to its hype/popularity.

Anyways, It'd be the same story if it was any other season. I mean last season we had blockbuster shows like NGNL and Black Bullet and it'd be much worst had it aired in the Fall as that season is always packed. Fate Stay Night, Log Horizon, heck even Psycho Pass is returning.
Aug 30, 2014 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
I think there will always be anime that are kind of overshadowed by others that receive more hype, and there are tons of anime out there that are both way too underrated or overrated.

I don't watch Tokyo Ghoul and I could never really get into Akame ga Kill, but I can say that Zankyou no Terror is honestly well done, and I hope that in the end it'll get the attention it deserves.

While it isn't exactly on par with some of the other more "revered" psychological thrillers, it definitely is one of better anime I've seen in a while :)

And hey, we have something to look forward to every Thursday, anybody else is just missing out :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.