Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2014 10:04 AM
Aug 2014
Hello there, my name is Valerie and I look forward to working with you all who are interested. I'm looking for people who are interested in developing a non commercial visual novel game, the type of game where the ending depends on the choices. It will be made on the platform called Ren'py and will be posted as a work in progress on Lemmasoft.
Ren'Py: www.renpy.org/
Lemmasoft: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/index.php

Conditions&Etc:
-Must have Skype as means of communication.
-No specific deadlines but there will be weekend or random discussions through chatting on Skype.
-This is a non commercial game which means creating this game and developing everything is just for fun, not being paid but serious in actually completing it and sticking until the end even if it goes downhill.
-Be comfortable with speaking to strangers about ideas and ways to improve.
-I will not bother you everyday and will be understanding if you have something personal going on or won't be able to continue on.

Idea: I wanted to delve deep into the horror and mystery genre. The title being "The Ghostbusters". The main protagonist would be a rookie detective, one who doesn't believe in ghosts of the sort. As a new rookie and a person just starting out who may finally reach his/her dreams, the protagonist has to join the infamous and most ridiculed group named the Ghostbusters before becoming a real detective as some sort of trial. The Ghostbusters are are a group of people who specialize in the supernatural, unsolved cases that the average person wouldn't be able to solve.

About Me:
First of all, I have been writing for about two years and even joined a writing website with two self published novels and have been reading different types of books since I was in middle school. I usually write otome games of romance to fluffy romance, action, mystery and all kinds of genre but mostly romance. I'm generally open to anything. I've always wanted to try working with a group and expanding ideas and such to a higher level. I believe that my strong point has to be the description of scenes if you would read the Out For Blood sample. My flaw is branching stories since I am still fairly new to it. I'm very determined and hope to gain some more experience and develop a finished product in the future. Samples are https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxseojjs5k05ocd/Out%20For%20Blood.docx?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/vredqrpz9ecgfr7/Three%20Wishes.docx?dl=0

[Please private message me or comment here of little bit about yourself and your examples. Most will be under consideration.]
Positions Available:

-Sprite/CG Artist
There's no level of skill you need. All types of art is appreciated by me. As long as your work is neatly done and polished, send your examples to me. What you need to know is that I will respects your limits and conditions as well. Please indicate whether you would do both sprites and CGs. If not, something can be worked out.

-Background Artist
Though I don't expect to find a background artist easily, seeing as they are fairly complicated. I believe the background artist creates the visual essence of a visual novel and would be thrilled if anyone were to offer their services for this one. As I mentioned on the sprite artist recruitment, any type of background style will be thoroughly considered.
PrincessShengAug 29, 2014 11:55 AM
Aug 28, 2014 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
I know it's not a position you've advertised, but I'm a pretty good writer. I mostly focus on short stories and poems, and only my poems have been published before; but I've written a couple of novellas. If you needed an extra "wordy type" on your team, I think I'd fit the bill. I'm best at character development and dialogue.

I don't currently have skype, but it's free so if you were interested there's be nothing to stop me from getting it.

One way or another, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Acastus out.
"Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..." - Spike Spiegel
Aug 28, 2014 3:18 PM
Aug 2014
Acastus_Cor said:
I know it's not a position you've advertised, but I'm a pretty good writer. I mostly focus on short stories and poems, and only my poems have been published before; but I've written a couple of novellas. If you needed an extra "wordy type" on your team, I think I'd fit the bill. I'm best at character development and dialogue.

I don't currently have skype, but it's free so if you were interested there's be nothing to stop me from getting it.

One way or another, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Acastus out.

I was actually looking for a co writer too but have forgotten to put it up there. Yes please, do you think you could send me a private message of your best example(s)? Do you think you can make one? It would be much easier to reach you with the whole team.
Aug 28, 2014 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
I write a lot of plot outlines for stories, and I also draw. I've never really posted anything online though, so it's not like I'm particularly experienced. I've also never done digital artwork. All of my art is hand-drawn.

I like to think I'm pretty good with character designs though. Not only that, but I'm pretty good at brainstorming, and contributing to a team. My friend and I have wrote a screenplay for an episode of a show we wanted to make, so I have some experience with that.

Honestly, the most I can bring to your team is support, but I can bring it from the perspective of an artist, and a writer. Since this isn't something you're getting paid to do, I'd like to ask if there could be a position for me, so I can at least help in some way, and get some more experience with my writing and artwork. Being able to observe a team working on a project like this would also be beneficial.

I did have a Skype, but I feel like for some reason Skype is one of those things that deactivates if you don't use it for a long time, so I may have to make another one, but that wouldn't be an issue.

Tl;dr, I write and draw, but I mostly want to be a part of this for the sake of being a part of a team project, and for experience. I can do character designs, but the artwork featured in the ACTUAL game would ideally be done by someone else.

I hope you consider me as a potential member of your team.
Aug 28, 2014 3:48 PM
Aug 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I write a lot of plot outlines for stories, and I also draw. I've never really posted anything online though, so it's not like I'm particularly experienced. I've also never done digital artwork. All of my art is hand-drawn.

I like to think I'm pretty good with character designs though. Not only that, but I'm pretty good at brainstorming, and contributing to a team. My friend and I have wrote a screenplay for an episode of a show we wanted to make, so I have some experience with that.

Honestly, the most I can bring to your team is support, but I can bring it from the perspective of an artist, and a writer. Since this isn't something you're getting paid to do, I'd like to ask if there could be a position for me, so I can at least help in some way, and get some more experience with my writing and artwork. Being able to observe a team working on a project like this would also be beneficial.

I did have a Skype, but I feel like for some reason Skype is one of those things that deactivates if you don't use it for a long time, so I may have to make another one, but that wouldn't be an issue.

Tl;dr, I write and draw, but I mostly want to be a part of this for the sake of being a part of a team project, and for experience. I can do character designs, but the artwork featured in the ACTUAL game would ideally be done by someone else.

Hello there, I was very intrigued by your written post and also am doing this purely for experience as well. I guess if you don't have any writing examples or digital, it is alright. If you do have a writing sample, please do send it to me :) I am also offering that you could be an active idea bouncer when we have discussions through Skype with the team about the plot and characters. You may not do much but provide ideas or criticisms. I don't know if you would like that but if you do please contact me on Skype at vall3rie so I can discuss more with you!

-Valerie
Aug 28, 2014 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
I would love to help but my art is lacking.
Aug 28, 2014 3:52 PM
Aug 2014
Supercolin said:

No one is discriminated here for art since all of them will be appreciated ^ ^ Don't hesitate to apply!
Aug 28, 2014 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
PrincessSheng said:
Mashiro-Yuki said:

Hello there, I was very intrigued by your written post and also am doing this purely for experience as well. I guess if you don't have any writing examples or digital, it is alright. If you do have a writing sample, please do send it to me :) I am also offering that you could be an active idea bouncer when we have discussions through Skype with the team about the plot and characters. You may not do much but provide ideas or criticisms. I don't know if you would like that but if you do please contact me on Skype at vall3rie so I can discuss more with you!

-Valerie

Since I don't have much to offer you that seems like a very generous offer on your part, haha. I would be very interested though, and I'll check on the Skype situation and get back to you.
Aug 28, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
PrincessSheng said:
Supercolin said:

No one is discriminated here for art since all of them will be appreciated ^ ^ Don't hesitate to apply!

I noticed some visual novels use real photographs I could take some photos for the backgrounds if you like?
Aug 28, 2014 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
I don't suppose you're from Brazil, are you? That's the only contact I'm seeing on Skype when I search your name.
Aug 28, 2014 4:10 PM
Aug 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I don't suppose you're from Brazil, are you? That's the only contact I'm seeing on Skype when I search your name.

Nope, that's strange. Could you give me your contact?
Aug 28, 2014 4:11 PM
Aug 2014
Supercolin said:

I noticed some visual novels use real photographs I could take some photos for the backgrounds if you like?

Thank you but I would like for them to be customized and there are already some people I have in mind though thanks for suggesting it ^ ^
Aug 29, 2014 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
I'm hyped about this. I'd like to try the co-author positon. That means I should show you my writing sample, right? Can it be short story?
Where can I give you my writing sample? By email, perhaps?
Tatakai~
Aug 29, 2014 11:55 AM
Aug 2014
zenkumi said:
I'm hyped about this. I'd like to try the co-author positon. That means I should show you my writing sample, right? Can it be short story?
Where can I give you my writing sample? By email, perhaps?

Thank you so much for your interest, but I have already found a co-writer. And I love the psp translation work you are doing so good luck and I hope Amnesia comes through :)
Aug 29, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
>Ghostbusters

lol

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 6 hours ago

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
6 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
7 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
7 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.