Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 28, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Three Way Deadlock huh..
Liked the beginning, Sasuke and Naruto working together. And Sakura healing the alliance
LOL Karin and Orochimaru.
Karin: "He tried to kill me... and it was irresistible" XD
Oh yes, Orochimaru is definitely the weirdest XD
Hm.. I don't remember that flashback being in the manga..
Aug 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2013
I still don't like how Karin's character has been handled by Kishi to be honest, Sasuke tried to kill you ffs, have some self-respect.

I personally think Tsunade should have died, her being alive honestly serves no purpose and it just cheapens the drama. Who knows, maybe Kishi has some plans for her in the future, but as of now it just seems like Kishi whimped out on killing her off.

Halo Jet was pretty cool, but Minato's naming sense is awful haha.

Oro was out of character when he threatened Suigetsu/Karin. Unlike Karin, I'm liking how Oro has been handled. Even where the manga currently is he is still a wildcard, I like the mysterious Oro a whole lot more than the usual "I want to become powerful and destroy shit" Oro.

Not a bad adaption of the chapters, but I just think it was held back because of the source material's faults.

Next episode looks like it has good animation, but its art style looks... different?

MinagatachiAug 28, 2014 4:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 4:55 AM
Nov 2009
Hiroyuki Yamashita's episode is up next week. Should be good considering he's most likely handling an action-packed episode.
Aug 28, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2011
They added that bit of flashback on the Sannin. Damn. I miss Jiraiya.

It was awesome to see a combination attack of Naruto and Sasuke...

But the highlight in this episode for me is Suigetsu and Karin bickering who is weirder. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
Karin gets disgusting each episode. Wtfs wrong with her? Sasuke tried to kill her several times, even called her an useless tool, which means that Sasuke doesn't even care for her existence.

I didn't like the flashback, but I sure liked the technique Iwa nins used, that was cool xD

Tsunade should've died, along with Raikage or Onoki. Manga readers should know, they have absolutely no plot relevance in the upcoming chapters, so all this is just pointless. On the contray, it just decerases this war's quality, if it can be called "war" anymore.

Can't wait for Obito vs Kakashi action next week and that's what I care.
Aug 28, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2014
Finally, an episode without plot holes. Then again, nothing happened at all.

Seriously, more fodder fights? Followed by fodder flashback?
I hope they're not planning on talk no Jutsuing Orochimaru. He's the only one left fit for a villain's role.

Bad episode overall, nothing interesting.

-Klad- said:
Karin gets disgusting each episode. Wtfs wrong with her? Sasuke tried to kill her several times, even called her an useless tool, which means that Sasuke doesn't even care for her existence.

I didn't like the flashback, but I sure liked the technique Iwa nins used, that was cool xD

Tsunade should've died, along with Raikage or Onoki. Manga readers should know, they have absolutely no plot relevance in the upcoming chapters, so all this is just pointless. On the contray, it just decerases this war's quality, if it can be called "war" anymore.

I don't remember, how bad were her injuries?

PS. Wow the Kage survived, that totally makes sense. Also helps make Madara feel like a real threat.
GrunbeldAug 28, 2014 6:18 AM
Aug 28, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
Grunbeld said:

-Klad- said:

PS. Wow the Kage survived, that totally makes sense. Also helps make Madara feel like a real threat.

Her body was cut in half.
Aug 28, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
Well it was pretty much fodder but the episodes have been better since Sasuke returned to the good side, at least for now.

But yeah I agree this needs more deaths, Not that I like them since Flashbacks are a sure thing to follow them but it makes the whole arc seem important like it should feel.
Aug 28, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
Orochimaru turned out to be a wimp.

Aug 28, 2014 7:23 AM
May 2014
Some notes:

1) I strongly dislike that the Kage will survive. I don't get it at all. Sure, I like the characters, but it severely weakens the drama. No...one... dies.. I mean come on, Neji?
2) Sasuke+Naruto+Sakura are awesome, woohooo.
3) I don't mind Karin, I think her character is ok. Totally in love with the guy.
Aug 28, 2014 7:30 AM

Jan 2014
"I can see the ending"

They will make every single bad guy change into a good one before anime ends(as usual)...Thinking that orochimaru may be forgiven so easily makes me sick,if(when) they win this war they will forget every bad thing Sasuke/Orochimaru/Obito did and welcome them...

Anyway,Good episode 5/5...I almost forgot about Tsunade...

Seeing Jiraiya again was good(sad)...I expected a trio-combo from Sasuke-Sakura-Naruto after that cool entrance...But seems like Sakura will stay as support as usual...
Aug 28, 2014 7:39 AM
Oct 2013
i dont give a shit bout sakura or filler flashbacks just give me sasuke & naruto anddd madaraaaaaaaaaa fuck sakura
Aug 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
Orochimaru turned out to be a pretty cool guy, you just can't hate the guy he's awesome.
Aug 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Dat three way deadlock.

Bit of a slow episode but that hand sign that Jiraya showed told a story. Sugitesu's reactions in this episode to those "slugs" were freaking priceless.
Aug 28, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode, I love how Team 7 represent the Legendary Sannin A LOT!
Aug 28, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
I still don't like how Karin's character has been handled, Sasuke tried to kill you ffs, have some self-respect.

Agreed. It was pretty tasteless.
Aug 28, 2014 8:39 AM

Jan 2014
DarkMorpher said:
im pretty sure the second thing they told was "hentai",dont know why they translated it as "abnormal"

tsudecimo said:
Minagatachi said:
I still don't like how Karin's character has been handled, Sasuke tried to kill you ffs, have some self-respect.

Agreed. It was pretty tasteless.
Add Sakura into the equation...
Aug 28, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2013
It was ok episodes, I know whats going to happen in the up coming episodes because I've read the manga. But hopefully they will be no filler episodes coming up.

xD
Aug 28, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2013
Orochimaru turnin' up.
Aug 28, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao Orchimaru wildin' on them.
Aug 28, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
How did Minato come up with the name Rasengan?

-Klad- said:
Karin gets disgusting each episode. Wtfs wrong with her? Sasuke tried to kill her several times, even called her an useless tool, which means that Sasuke doesn't even care for her existence..

Masochism? Considering the bite marks, I wouldn't put it past her.
Aug 28, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
How did Minato come up with the name Rasengan?

Kanji: 螺旋丸
Rōmaji: Rasengan
Literal English: Spiralling Sphere
Aug 28, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
Was Orochimaru trying to be funny?
Aug 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Okashi--chan said:

Oro is always funny.
Aug 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
This anime is quite lacking when it comes to action but so far I think all the dramatic parts has been handled well. I really like the addition of sannin flashback that wasn't present in the manga as it gave more insight towards their relationship and made the impact of Tsunade remembering Jiraiya and Oro's proclamation that Jiraiya might have changed too even more powerful. As a huge fan of Jiraiya I'm just glad to see him again even if it's just a little while. It's unfair how he's the only dead one among the sannin, especially considering how Oro has been revived countless times.
Aug 28, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
-Klad- said:
Grunbeld said:

Her body was cut in half.

Holy shit, you're right. What the hell Kishi?

Make that 6 consecutive holes in 5 episodes.

exLightning said:
Well it was pretty much fodder but the episodes have been better since Sasuke returned to the good side, at least for now.

But yeah I agree this needs more deaths, Not that I like them since Flashbacks are a sure thing to follow them but it makes the whole arc seem important like it should feel.

The ship has sailed I just wish half team 11 gets wiped before the end.
And for Orochimaru not to be a wimp. I mean I just don't see Zombie Madara as a final villain, nor Tobi.
Aug 28, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Next time: Kakashi vs Obito AGAIN

seriously it's been the 100th time that they're fighting
Recommend me an anime
Aug 28, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
renzbiohazard said:
Next time: Kakashi vs Obito AGAIN

seriously it's been the 100th time that they're fighting

Still more interesting than everyone vs zetsu fodder or ten tails fodder, I mean just look at their designs.
Aug 28, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2014
True, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when those Ten-tail "transmission" beings showed up. Basically seemed like a waste of time since we've had that happen already with the zetsu's.

Though I hope Kakashi and Obito actually get through to each other and something of significance happens. I'd hate for the episode to end with nothing happening except more back and forth dialogue.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Aug 28, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
SandyBoi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Three Way Deadlock huh..
Liked the beginning, Sasuke and Naruto working together. And Sakura healing the alliance
LOL Karin and Orochimaru.
Karin: "He tried to kill me... and it was irresistible" XD
Oh yes, Orochimaru is definitely the weirdest XD
Hm.. I don't remember that flashback being in the manga..

What an interesting episode, the first half was supper awesome with the TRIO. The second half was slower, but interesting as well. I'm glad Lady Tsunade survived. I don't know why people want her dead. haters? If you want someone to die, then let's kill ur fav chara? no? ok...

Anyway, ahh I'm so proud like Tsunade, of sakura. Progressing so much. I wonder what Sai meant when he said what were Sasuke's real intentions. If he really just wants to help and become hokage, then by all means. welcome. Although I know that when the war ends (if it does), he's going to be questioned at least. I mean he was a rogue ninja, pretty much his companions all are..

I just realized, they never reanimated jiraiya?

Well cool ep! was excited for it. XD 9/10
Aug 28, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Okashi--chan said:

Oro is always funny.
I must have been watching the wrong show then
Aug 28, 2014 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Okashi--chan said:
tsudecimo said:

Oro is always funny.
I must have been watching the wrong show then

Yeah you must have.
Aug 28, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
MoonxArtemis said:
I'm pretty sure he couldn't be reanimated because he was stuck at the bottom of ocean. I believe something about the water depth or pressure made it impossible to retrieve a part him to complete the technique. Seems like everyone should give Naruto characters a burial at sea so no one can reanimate anyone ever again.

Moon           Lovers
                  

Aug 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
YumeKagami said:
True, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when those Ten-tail "transmission" beings showed up. Basically seemed like a waste of time since we've had that happen already with the zetsu's.

Though I hope Kakashi and Obito actually get through to each other and something of significance happens. I'd hate for the episode to end with nothing happening except more back and forth dialogue.

I want Obito to just die :/

YumeKagami said:
MoonxArtemis said:
I'm pretty sure he couldn't be reanimated because he was stuck at the bottom of ocean. I believe something about the water depth or pressure made it impossible to retrieve a part him to complete the technique. Seems like everyone should give Naruto characters a burial at sea so no one can reanimate anyone ever again.

They coukd get everyone's dna but not his? Not that I mind, I'm not a fan of the jutsu anyway, but there's gotta be some way they could find his DNA,
especially since Kabuto lived Konoha, Orochimaru was really close to him once, and Jiraiya was particularly very.... Perverted.
Aug 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
Oh Karin... why must thee be so stupid? Even though I've already seen this scene of Orochimaru being funny in the manga, I'm still surprised to see him do so xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Aug 28, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2008
Cool episode. Orochimaru gives off this enlightened feel lol.
Aug 28, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
Awesome! Since the last 2 episodes I have seen much fight, memories from the team 7 and sannis one's in middle of a war! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 28, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
I like this episode. Not love.

Minato is so funny. He was like hmm we need to give that jutsu a name. Sorry I couldn't find the anime picture of him naming sasuke and Naruto jutsu so I use the manga picture instead.

Finally we get to know what happen to the rest of the kage. I was wondering for very long what happened to them.

and weird , tsunade body is being cut into half and it can be stitch back again?!?!

and yeah , this episode let me see another side of orochimaru saving tsunade and his humor.

and I miss jiraiya when I see the flashback :(

SERIOUSLY NEXT EPISODE OBITO VS KAKASHI AGAIN?!? LIKE AGAIN?!?!
Aug 28, 2014 1:43 PM
Mar 2014
illmadz said:
I like this episode. Not love.

Minato is so funny. He was like hmm we need to give that jutsu a name. Sorry I couldn't find the anime picture of him naming sasuke and Naruto jutsu so I use the manga picture instead.

Finally we get to know what happen to the rest of the kage. I was wondering for very long what happened to them.

and weird , tsunade body is being cut into half and it can be stitch back again?!?!

and yeah , this episode let me see another side of orochimaru saving tsunade and his humor.

and I miss jiraiya when I see the flashback :(

SERIOUSLY NEXT EPISODE OBITO VS KAKASHI AGAIN?!? LIKE AGAIN?!?!

yeah jiraiya i miss him too :'( i totaly love the fact that team7 is together again it gives such a nostalgic feel.
Aug 28, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2012
Gotta love this awesomeness =)

Orochimaru is such a cool character xD
b1GZZAug 28, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 28, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
K. That Duo attack was cool.. for its 10 second endurance. Everything was dead boring. Next to zero animation, everyone was literally just standing around.

Then Sasuke's former travel companions make that scene stupid. Like really, the slight "comedy" in Naruto is no longer funny at all.

oo so Tsunade was bisected all this time. Wouldve loved to have seen that gore if this were a seinin lol.
Aug 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
DarkMorpher said:
Tsunade's body was cut in half and she survives. This f*cking show...
With her healing jutsu, I'm not surprised she could survive. Her healing jutsu has always been insane, and in the Naruto universe it has only been, what, like an hour? Remember, this is the same girl that was getting impaled and walking it off not too long ago.

What annoys me about it is how she got saved when there was no point of doing so (like I said before, she might be important in the future but from this point in the anime to where the manga is she is completely irrelevant, it totally cheapens the drama aspect).
MinagatachiAug 28, 2014 2:51 PM
Aug 28, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Then Sasuke's former travel companions make that scene stupid. Like really, the slight "comedy" in Naruto is no longer funny at all.

Talk about yourself mate. I think the little comedic parts of the war arc have been quite funny.
Aug 28, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
tsudecimo said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Talk about yourself mate. I think the little comedic parts of the war arc have been quite funny.
Not that I dislike Karin or suigetsu but I didn't like the part where they were goofing off either. It felt out of place this time and I found the episode much more interesting when it delved back into the backstory of Orochi and Tsunade.

I do love the comedy in Naruto most of the time though especially when it is centered around Konoha village and around certain individuals with funny interactions. For example in the Madara/Hashirama flashback a few episodes ago.

Moon           Lovers
                  

Aug 28, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
DarkMorpher said:
Tsunade's body was cut in half and she survives. This f*cking show...

Since your so focused on the flaws in the show. Tsunade's Creation Rebirth was a technique that makes use of the massive amounts of chakra stored in her "Strength of a Hundred Seal" to continuously create new cells in her body, healing any wound and even growing back missing organs, this for sure contributed to her survival when she was bisected.

Mod Edit: Removed Insults
TyrelAug 29, 2014 11:08 PM

Aug 28, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
I believe when someone is cut in half, they get at least... Paralyzed?.... If not.. You know dead?

The only thing stupid is the plot hole itself. No need to harass people for mentioning it.

Also I know some people will use the "fiction" card, but if body anatomy was eatablished as more or less the same minus the eyes, and aura then the rest still follows world logic to some extent.
Aug 28, 2014 3:09 PM

Dec 2012
YumeKagami said:
tsudecimo said:

Not that I dislike Karin or suigetsu but I didn't like the part where they were goofing off either. It felt out of place this time and I found the episode much more interesting when it delved back into the backstory of Orochi and Tsunade.

I do love the comedy in Naruto most of the time though especially when it is centered around Konoha village and around certain individuals with funny interactions. For example in the Madara/Hashirama flashback a few episodes ago.

I actually really liked, I always like the interactions of these two characters in particular. Well there wasn't any serious stuff going on, during those comedic scenes, so I didn't really think it was out of place. But fair enough, I can understand and relate to getting annoyed by comedic scenes in a serious anime.

I think the amount of comedy in Naruto is almost perfect, because there is never comedy in the most serious moments, and there is a good mix and tone.

Yeah I liked those too.
Aug 28, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2007
Grunbeld said:
I believe when someone is cut in half, they get at least... Paralyzed?.... If not.. You know dead?

The only thing stupid is the plot hole itself. No need to harass people for mentioning it.

Also I know some people will use the "fiction" card, but if body anatomy was eatablished as more or less the same minus the eyes, and aura then the rest still follows world logic to some extent.

There is no use trying use real world logic in a series like naruto. Maybe in the "Original series" to some extent, but definitely not shippuuden.

Aug 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
Grunbeld said:

She got impaled by Madara's Susano and regenerated in about two seconds without even using Katsuya to aid her, I'm not surprised that she was able to survive for 1-2 hours using the same jutsu as well as having Katsuya help her.

If anything, the thing I call bs on is the fact that Tsunade had enough chakra to heal all the fatally wounded Kage and herself, especially after she was just destroyed by Madara. Imo even the chakra Dan gave her shouldn't have been enough.
Aug 28, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2014
this episode felt cool :3

Minagatachi said:
Grunbeld said:

She got impaled by Madara's Susano and regenerated in about two seconds without even using Katsuya to aid her, I'm not surprised that she was able to survive for 1-2 hours using the same jutsu as well as having Katsuya help her.

If anything, the thing I call bs on is the fact that Tsunade had enough chakra to heal all the fatally wounded Kage and herself, especially after she was just destroyed by Madara. Imo even the chakra Dan gave her shouldn't have been enough.

not really, i mean, if it's just generating cells, i think Tsunade's chakra reserves would be enough. she was already healed herself.

and the slugs were there too.

you also have to remember that we don't exactly know how the condition was at the time. the other kages had full slugs too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.