Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2014 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
So, hm, correct me if I'm wrong. (If there is no comment, I will guess I am completely right.)
Since it's too long to put in in words and I'm not a native english speaker, I made a quick drawing to explain it. Is this how it is?

http://bidipdp.webcindario.com/patemaex.jpg

Imo, Sakasama is a masterpiece,It has been long since the last time a film made me suffer from vertigo and think as deeply as this one at the same time.
P.S.: I know the scheme sucks, I don't draw but edit.
DeadWitnessAug 28, 2014 2:23 AM
Aug 28, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2014
Yeah I would say this is how it is :D
But I think i didn't grasp the whole mechanic of this anti-gravity accident. Is the gravity on the hole surface of the planet inverted and only this particular place wtih the crashed buildings ("real surface") was spared? Maybe you understood it.
Aug 28, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
The incident divides the matter in nomal matter and 'inverted matter', probably in a random distribution. All the inverted matter on the surface floats to the sky, except for what the humans manage to save.
In the Aigan underworld only inverted matter and inverted humans exist, so they think original matter is inverted matter. How they brought all that inverted matter and created the underworld is something we can not know but considering they managed to send half of the surface out of the earth, they sure HAD an incredible technollogy.

Another point some people seem not to understand is why age and Patema sometimes float and other times fall. Actually, they always fall the Aigan (inverted) way because Age's inverted weight is slightly higher than Patemas original weight. Still, the difference is so small their weight probably is less than 5 INVERTED kilos. That means Age's physical force is enough to make them fly like a stone you just throw away (with a much higher air resistance). However, there is one time Patema has some ORIGINAL weight attached to her, so they fall the original way (they float according to the inverted).

I think I understand everything now. 0: Wow.
Aug 28, 2014 12:27 PM
Jun 2014
ah okay, now I understand, thank you :)
They definitly had an incedible technolgy, considering that they researched antigravity, something we can't even imagine with our current science.

ah don't worry, I complety got that part, but thanks :D
Sep 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, thanks for that drawing, it makes much more sense to me now! :D
Sep 15, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2013
I totally spoiled whole movie by seeing 1 image http://i.imgur.com/Jqzp24U.jpg , but still it was good anime, of curse most interesting thing experiment was not explained, but well i guess it would be too hard to create explanation something what could be possible in our world.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakasama no Patema Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takanakaiyo - Oct 12, 2013

245 by ZER0PT »»
Feb 21, 1:24 PM

» So what exactly is good about this movie?

Nyron - Dec 28, 2014

34 by maximovich »»
Jan 17, 5:35 PM

» Is Sakasama no Patema a romance?

Hosny - Jul 20, 2017

5 by waalex11 »»
Jan 10, 9:23 AM

» Children? Spoiler

PirateMadryk - Apr 30, 2017

7 by Seiya0890 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:11 PM

» can someone explain the end to me (spoilers)

Scootboi - May 22, 2014

22 by Scootboi »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.