Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 23, 2009 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Strike Witches references was too obvious. btw, in the ending credits it says GONZO cooperates with DEEN for this show. Expect improvement now ^.^
K-On! was expectable, although the best way to reference it would be some Shimapan :P
That was a nice (eroge opening?), err no, promotional video
Oct 23, 2009 7:33 PM
Dec 2008
another gewd episode
Oct 24, 2009 3:41 AM

Jun 2008
from the start off just hilarious.
Sugisaki goes uke - did not expect that. But what is Yuki doing in this freaky three-way?
Strike Witches and K-On! reference was good because it was obvious.

Funny how the student council left the room, but the camera remained for them to return (i guess we won't be seeing much of the outside).

The promotional video was not necessarily an eroge opening, it just used every standard-shot you can think of.

next episode will be 'swimsuit-fanservice-episode' parody i guess..^^
Oct 24, 2009 9:08 PM
May 2008
not complaining or anything, but its been out for almost 2 days and no sub
Oct 25, 2009 2:38 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was more ecchi than others. I liked the comedy. The beginning I wondered what did they do to Aka-chan? Her personality was completely different but I think it was some anime reference. Great cute parts of Aka-chan with those censored mangas/books (what are they?). I did not get the reference of that battle of Sugisaki in red. What was that with Ken having that one red eye? Girls who see this episode must love the brother/Ken/Sugisaki sleeping with small boy with glasses and brother thing. I was a little repulsed because it is not my thing at all but Mafuyu was cute around that part and excited by this. Completely adored the Chizuru domination of Sugisaki. Never had a experience of that but it looked Ken liked being a slave to Chizuru. Chizuru comforting Ken was good. Best was Sugisaki's little dream world of Aka-chan censored in shower, Minatsu in apron with nothing under it, Chizuru in bikini wanting Ken to oil her (I swear I saw some breast impressive size) and Mafuyu being cute. Video of council was well done and showed the cute sides of all the girls. Best of Aka-chan and cutest so far is this:
Anyone else think so? Hard to beat this one scene of Aka-chan, it suits her.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 25, 2009 7:22 PM

Oct 2008
Cmon Eclipse! I can only understand so much from the raw!
Oct 25, 2009 7:23 PM
Aug 2009
Herdrocks said:
not complaining or anything, but its been out for almost 2 days and no sub

I checked gg's site and apparently they dropped it. Said "Friend group wanted to do it."

I am angered.
Oct 25, 2009 10:15 PM

Jun 2009
If anyone (esp. Singaporeans) listens to the mrbrown show way back in 2006, I swear, that bgmusic in 05:17mins is the opening theme song of his Persisently non-Political Podcast. So either mrbrown koped that music from somewhere else, or mrbrown is a little more popular than I expected him to be. hmm...
Oct 25, 2009 10:18 PM
Jun 2009
Where the fuck are my subs?
Oct 26, 2009 7:12 AM
Aug 2009
Hanyuu-hauu said:
Where the fuck are my subs?

This.
Oct 26, 2009 7:30 AM
Jun 2009
Oh they've subbed FMAB

But still no ichizon? It's been out for ages <_<
Oct 26, 2009 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
hopefully today
Oct 26, 2009 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
Not complaining or anything, but I wish they were a little faster. Usually they release this on sunday nights...
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 26, 2009 2:44 PM
May 2008
fifth day right? wow I already cant keep track of how long its been
Oct 26, 2009 4:32 PM
Jun 2009
wow wtf

Eclipse have dropped it?
Oct 26, 2009 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
It's a popular anime, so the only logical reason why any fansub group would actually drop it (and no other fansub group to pick it up) is because of the rebellion against moe anime that we've seen recently. I don't have solid proof on this, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the real reason no one wants to sub this show despite its popularity.

Anyways, if any of you guys have a little bit of knowledge in the Japanese language, try giving this episode RAW a shot. I kind of get it (but not what Kurimu was saying; she talks WAY too fast). They have some kind of project, but they can't decide on what they want to do. It starts off with Ken writing erotic yaoi plays, but Ken didn't like that, so he wrote a story on his beloved harem instead. Kurimu, of course, shoots his idea down. They then want on to try other things, for example Mafuyu suggested games. Then, of course, they tried forming a band (K-ON reference) but Kurimu doesn't actually know how to play an instrument.

In the end, they decided on a promotional video. The video was about as cheesy as you can possibly get, but the girls all agreed that it was the most touching thing they've ever seen in their life, so they go along with it. Kurimu wrote on the board (which I believe says) that if you want to change your life, you can do so anytime. They all agreed to act more productively from now on, but the very next day, the group sank back into unmotivated mood as always.

Anyways, that's what I got from my very limited knowledge of Japanese.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 27, 2009 12:42 AM
Oct 2009
So like... let me get this straight. There are currently no fansub groups currently working on this? What about gg's friend group that wanted to do it, or was that just an excuse?

Oh well, I'll hope for the best. Been really looking forward to more of this.
Oct 27, 2009 1:31 AM

Apr 2008
As far as I know, Eclipse releases Seitokai on Mondays. Maybe they were delayed this time.

Eclipse didn't have any record of dropping a single anime lol.

Oct 27, 2009 3:41 AM

Sep 2009
I checked the static subs website, and it doesn't say anything about dropping it. So hopefully they're just delayed... and SS-Eclipse don't usually drop anime do they?
My knowledge of Japanese is extremely limited, so watching a raw would be completely pointless for me...

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 27, 2009 3:57 AM

Dec 2008
EternalSnowXx said:
I checked the static subs website, and it doesn't say anything about dropping it. So hopefully they're just delayed... and SS-Eclipse don't usually drop anime do they?

Eclipse just released 4'th episode ^^.
Oct 27, 2009 4:22 AM

Apr 2008
Namu12 said:
EternalSnowXx said:

I'm downloading it right now ^^

See it's impossible for Eclipse to drop anything.

Oct 27, 2009 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
This episode was allover the place, maybe even a little rushed. It was OK, previews episodes where better.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 27, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
... and suddenly, Sakurai Takahiro. Out of nowhere. Does this mean Echo of Death should get his own character db entry? Being voiced by him and all (but then again he is a fictional character in a fictional story)

Strike Witches parody was wayyyy too in-your-face direct for my liking, but then again GONZO seemed to have lent a hand in this so I'm not surprised. I couldn't give a damn about that K-ON! reference too.

That aside, the remainder of the episode was freaking hillarious. Poor, poor Ken, being forced to write a BL story and later an S&M story involving himself. I could only imagine how he suffered as I laughed uncontrollably in front of my screen. That promo video had me laughing at how cheesy it was, the music especially. Love it.

CurseDestiny said:
This episode was allover the place, maybe even a little rushed. It was OK, previews episodes where better.
All over the place in what way? Is this based on comparing with the light novel? It seemed pretty direct. Prez wants a novel, everyone cashes in their ideas which of course varies greatly because of their individual personalities and it ends with an inspiring promo video and no progress whatsoever the next day.
KantarouOct 27, 2009 6:08 AM
Oct 27, 2009 6:05 AM

Oct 2009
Kantarou said:
... and suddenly, Sakurai Takahiro. Out of nowhere. Does this mean Echo of Death should get his own character db entry? Being voiced by him and all (but then again he is a fictional character in a fictional story)

Strike Witches parody was wayyyy too in-your-face direct for my liking, but then again GONZO seemed to have lent a hand in this so I'm not surprised. I couldn't give a damn about that K-ON! reference too.

That aside, the remainder of the episode was freaking hillarious. Poor, poor Ken, being forced to write a BL story and later an S&M story involving himself. I could only imagine how he suffered as I laughed uncontrollably in front of my screen. That promo video had me laughing at how cheesy it was, the music especially. Love it.

What about beautiful Aka-chan angel?
Sylpheed said:

I really hate Yaoi scene ><

Count me in this one. I had this reaction:

Kantarou said:
francismeunier said:
What about her? That shot does look nice, but I personally prefer Chizuru and Mafuyu =x

I knew it was nice! That is the reaction I wanted. I find it the best of Aka-chan but admit you wanted to oil Chizuru in bikini.
OftheFlesh said:
The only reference I got was To aru kagaku no Railgun

Where, where?
francismeunierOct 27, 2009 7:30 AM

Oct 27, 2009 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
Looks like it's less comedy and parody for this episode.

Notable quotes:
1. Echo of Death-nii-san (lolness)

I can't think of any... but K-ON reference was good.

I really hate Yaoi scene ><

Lol from novel to anime..that surely made Sugisaki shit brix

Sent with Mal Updater

Oct 27, 2009 6:10 AM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
What about her? That shot does look nice, but I personally prefer Chizuru and Mafuyu =x
Oct 27, 2009 6:21 AM

Sep 2009
Namu12 said:
EternalSnowXx said:

Finally!! :)

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 27, 2009 7:17 AM
Dec 2008
ugh, too much Yaoi for my tastes, just when I thought Mafuyu's version is about to end, she had to go moe-mode and persuade Sugisaki to continue >,< which totally broke the poor guy, then Chizuru went for the finishing move, but I don't really mind her version. Good thing at the end Sugisaki took over and showed us that LUL worthy writing of his XD

The only reference I got was To aru kagaku no Railgun and k-on. Guess this episode was ok, didn't really entertain me as much as the previous ones.
gnodabOct 27, 2009 7:41 AM
Oct 27, 2009 7:45 AM
Nov 2008
all in all another episode filled with parodies, if it keeps goin at this rate the anime may not be as interesting as i thought it would be, so im crossing my fingers and hoping for the best ( this is my opinion ).

Anywayz i didnt get the echo of death parody anyone mind enlightening me where it came from?
Oct 27, 2009 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
Average episode, not as good as the first ones. It's getting boring, especially the last two episodes...
Oct 27, 2009 11:21 AM

Nov 2008
Actually I liked this episode better than the former ones, maybe I judged the show to soon? Oh well, never say..
Anyway, I must have missed the Railgun reference? Someone care to enlighten me? Oh wait, it's probably something about electricity..

drakonnan said:
Anywayz i didnt get the echo of death parody anyone mind enlightening me where it came from?
I might be wrong, but it could be Darker than BLACK?
Oct 27, 2009 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
god ep, but didn't like the yaoi crap,
Oct 27, 2009 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Seriously...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 27, 2009 12:23 PM

Feb 2009
I loved their faces when Sugisaki said to go outside. They were all like "Outside? There is some outside?!" xD But I wasn't quite surprised they didn't show it. Also, kinda glad, because it might have ended as Suzumiya ;x
A little bit too much yaoi for a "normal" anime, but I don't mind that much... I loved Echo of Death. I wanna fave him.
Oct 27, 2009 12:27 PM

May 2009
Loled at Junjio Romantica reference Echo alias Zombie Loan as well Ouran High was funny too
i wonder if im a ordinary means Gakuen Heaven reference too but should be males O-o
this epi was really good ^_^

Oct 27, 2009 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
funny episode got to love this anime k-on ref just made me laugh so hard

just to remind you all its a fansub not professionals these people do this on their own time and have a life and other things to do so rushing them or saying things about them being slow isnt really appreciated you should be thankful they are doing it in a timely manner and distributing it out for free >.>

(shit happends things delay danm people learn to slow down your pace if you want it so fast go learn japanese and keep watching your raws)
Oct 27, 2009 1:16 PM
Apr 2009
Echo of Death nii-san! haha >_<!!!
Oct 27, 2009 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
Ummm...Didn't they already show the 1st half of this episode in ep 2 or something? I smell a certain Endless Fail going on and hope that won't be true...

See that Suzaku? That's how you're supposed to do your "YES YO HIGHNESS!!!" and be the capitalism pig that you are so good at being....

And thank GDO they didn't decide to sing that melancholic song of a certain someone...<_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 27, 2009 1:55 PM

Oct 2009
I spotted: K-On, Strike Witches, and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

For those of you wondering where it was, it was along the lines of "electricity powers in a high school" mentioned by Sakurano.

The K-On gag was pretty forced; but the comment from Sugisaki about "where's the amazing live performance?" when they bust out the CD player to play the opening was hilarious and spot on about the highly disappointing K-On Episode 6.

This episode managed a few good chuckles for me; so I'm pretty content for this one.
Oct 27, 2009 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
Haha yeah the yaoi part wasn't my thing so probably suffered like Sugisaki did while writing it. Of course for fans of it I'm sure they had fun with it like Mafuyu. She was just mean manipulating the guy to keep writing.

Still Chizuru proved why she owns the student council. I mean the phone messages which hit Ken hard, followed by comforting him, then the mind control to write the S&M bit, and finishing it off with snapping him out and drawing him in. Can't blame the reactions by Mafuyu and Minatsu.

Pretty fun episode with some pretty obvious references like Strike Witches which was right in your face.
Oct 27, 2009 4:05 PM

Nov 2007
the bromance was a bit much but the various fantasies were fun for the most part especially Ken's.
Oct 27, 2009 4:17 PM

Sep 2007
Had a total WTF moment when I heard a BGM from an MMO I'm playing crop up from 5:06 - 5:16 xD

Strike Witches ref was fun. + of course Mafuyu's take on what should be in the novel. ^^

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Oct 27, 2009 4:46 PM

Oct 2008
KingPin - well, which MMO is that?
I first heard that melody as allies BGM in Talonsoft's "Western Front" WW II turn-based strategy game, (more than 8 years ago) (now under name "John Tiller's Campaign Series"). But I'm pretty sure that's not the original source.
Oct 27, 2009 5:20 PM

Jul 2008
so many references, and some, ideas good, and some bad- BL= no!!!!!
but the video was a success for a couple of hours
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 27, 2009 5:23 PM

Oct 2009
Antanaru said:
Seriously...

Yeah that made me laugh.
BitchMaster said:

Who is that?

Oct 27, 2009 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
RubyRedRabbit said:
Echo of Death nii-san! haha >_<!!!

I had the same laugh XD

Where's railgun?

Oct 27, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa, quite a shonen-ai scene there. Also, Sky Girls parody.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 27, 2009 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
And here i thought i won't see shonen-ai scene from this anime XD
Oct 27, 2009 7:23 PM
Feb 2009

o dang

o.O wish she would actually do tht for him

;)

and l0l0l
Oct 27, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2009
I actually thought this episode was pretty funny. Can't believe I missed a Railgun reference...but I don't really feel like going back to look for it.

...I guess they are never going to show extensive scenes outside.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A question regarding ken !

bezardo - Dec 1, 2023

1 by Efan »»
Dec 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 16, 2009

135 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 18, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 18, 2009

191 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Oct 9, 2009

143 by JeremiahOrange »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 2, 2009

253 by JeremiahOrange »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.