Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
This summer season offered few good dark anime:
Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, Akame ga Kill!.
I liked them all from 1st episode watched, and now trying to catch up to newest episode then when watch all at same time, because all have dark bloody motives and adds up to perfect Dark summer evening atmosphere.

How many of you are also watching them and do you add some other dark horror psychological anime or better watch some comedy to change the mood?
MystikasAug 27, 2014 10:12 AM
Aug 27, 2014 5:56 AM
Jul 2014
I would remove the "!" from the akame ga kill link if you wanted it to work
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 27, 2014 5:57 AM

Feb 2010
Akame ga Kill is so much less good than the other two, I recommend viewing it seperately so it doesn't taint the experience.

As for me, I watch them irreuglarly whenever I feel like it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 27, 2014 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Akame ga Kill is so much less good than the other two, I recommend viewing it seperately so it doesn't taint the experience.

you forgot to put "in my opinion" in your post
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 27, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
Sorry, my summers aren't dark. In winter though it's pitch black 16 hours straight
Aug 27, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
jayss said:
Sorry, my summers aren't dark. In winter though it's pitch black 16 hours straight
Aug 27, 2014 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

you forgot to put "in my opinion" in your post

I put in the effort of not writing 'much worse' but 'less good' instead, but that's the limit of how far I'll compromise the truth for the public.
And it was just a recommendation, so relax.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 27, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Pretty sure "much less good" isn't proper English. MAL prides itself on not having people who tok lik dis yuno.
Aug 28, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Akamane ga kill and tokyo ghoul have traditionals shojo shonen MC with some similarities and i king of don't like them both, but don't think if any of them are better than other.
Still trying to find time to start watching some older horror anime, its really annoying to watch something then its still airing might wait few months, but we will see how it goes.

(such a mistake i always mix them up)
MystikasOct 18, 2014 3:41 PM
Aug 29, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
Tokyo Ghoul is indeed "dark" with all those censors.
Aug 30, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
Yo, Yami Shibai is much darker than all three of them. I only watch that when I'm prepared to cover my eyes.

I'm also watching light hearted ones like Barakamon and Gekkan Shoujo, so I always have something to recover.

Mystikas said:
Akamane ga kill and tokyo ghoul have traditional shojo MC with some similarities

excuse me but what?
Aug 30, 2014 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
I agree, this summer has been entertaining

Aug 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
Yo, Yami Shibai is much darker than all three of them. I only watch that when I'm prepared to cover my eyes.

I'm also watching light hearted ones like Barakamon and Gekkan Shoujo, so I always have something to recover.

Mystikas said:
Akamane ga kill and tokyo ghoul have traditional shojo MC with some similarities

excuse me but what?

Sigh, the anime adaptation literally soiled the godly manga. It's so hard to keep my lips sealed when I know that Tokyo Ghoul is no where near shounen, it's a disgrace calling it shounen if anything.
"Hi!"
Sep 4, 2014 12:24 AM

Sep 2014
Akame ga Kill isn't so dark though

I haven't started to watch Zankyou No Terror I'm just waiting for some more episodes to be aired..
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Sep 4, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2012
Akame ga Kill - edgy childish nonsense. Terribly contrived writing, annoying characters, etc.
Tokyo Ghoul - the manga is good, but the anime is garbage, especially with all the censoring.
Zankyou no Terror - started out great, turned to shit once Five was introduced.

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 5 hours ago

22 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

17 by APolygons2 »»
13 minutes ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 28 minutes ago

1 by W3TFT »»
21 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 6 hours ago

10 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by FZREMAKE »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.