Forum Settings
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 26, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2014
As you may have noticed, three days ago the dreaded news of Mysterious Girlfriend X's unwarned ending is drawing closer as we head towards September 25, 2014. Now here's my question, is there some reason it's coming to an end so suddenly? There are still many plot holes, unanswered questions and events that have to be dealt with that is simply too large to fit into a span of only a single chapter.
Did Ueshiba get bored of writing the story any just want to finish it? Or are the publishers canceling it because it isn't getting enough sales or something? What's the deal? Since this news is so recent, there isn't much about it anywhere, does anyone have a clue?
Sep 1, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2013
I fell like it would take 10 more chapters for it to end.
Sep 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
I really like this manga but there were many chapters that I found to be kinda boring. Those boring chapters probably caused some people to lose interest and that lost interest probably caused a quicker end to the series.
Sep 4, 2014 2:49 PM
Apr 2014
While I've really enjoyed this I've also felt that calling it a 'story' lately is too much. It's a collection of some interesting characters just doing things. There's no actual story moving forward anymore. It's not even a 'will they? or won't they?' situation anymore.

I imagine the situation will just end up with the sister bringing Urabe home and saying that she knows they're dating. That he's in good hands and she (the sister) can live her life now. There might be a final scene of a kiss. But then thats it. The End. No reaction to the kiss (which would probably kill him with direct saliva contact). No aftermath. No letting the best friends in on the secret that has been kept.
Sep 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
Well, to me, particularly, this manga was drawing to a close for a long time now, there aren't really that many loose ends which need resolution. With Suwano, Urabe's long time rival, getting a boyfriend herself, and Urabe opening up a lot more to Akira as of lately, there isn't really that much that can be done to move the story forward to anything but the obvious conclussion.

Yeah, it can be seen as a kind of a rushed ending seeing how Ueno still doesn't know about their relationship, even suggesting Akira to start going out with Urabe after the double date in chapter 90, but even that could've been an ironical joke by the author knowing the ending was actually drawing near, and Oka totally knows about it, so...
GnkSep 9, 2014 6:00 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Chapter 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

101 by GeoRush »»
Apr 5, 3:33 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo x what chapter should I continue to, after the anime?

keragamming - Mar 10, 2014

5 by LowGa1n »»
Nov 29, 2023 11:21 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo X

Greencher - Jan 29, 2018

2 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:37 PM

» Mysterious Girlfriend X and One Punch Man?

264354287 - Aug 6, 2016

4 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:34 PM

» What's your opinion on this manga?

danklolihunter - May 11, 2019

2 by Areworm »»
Feb 3, 2022 7:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.