Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
This time we'll be watching, that's right, School Days. Have fun guys LOL.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2476/School_Days

You will have two weeks to watch the anime and give us a short reply with your thoughts on it, and your rating ?/10. Also, go ahead and feel free to discuss the anime in here as well.

Secondly, I will be supplying 3 suggestions for the next anime to watch, but I will allow you to throw suggestions my way, and I will promptly add them to the poll. If you like one of my suggestions or any of the ones I add later, go ahead and vote for that one.

Here's the options for the next DWT poll
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13161/Hagure_Yuusha_no_Estetica
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15377/Hyakka_Ryouran:_Samurai_Bride
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12549/Dakara_Boku_wa_H_ga_Dekinai.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12445/Tasogare_Otome_x_Amnesia
http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied
zdude18Aug 26, 2014 6:57 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
Hey... What the fuck? School Days? Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck didn't you choose Elfen Lied? I'm legitimately pissed right now. Elfen Lied was ahead and then they tied... GOD DAMMIT! Fuck this thread.
Aug 26, 2014 6:59 AM
Jan 2014
lol nope! made that mistake once and because i like to finish what i start i had to watch that shit to the end... so many braincells were lost that day
Aug 26, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
lol dunno why all the hate for school days, i mean, the only part people really bitch about is the ending, sure it was completely unexpected but the guy had something bad coming for him after all he did, besides an angry b*tch both in anime AND real life can do virtually anything. The anime shows that there are consequences for our actions, guess that's the part people really have trouble dealing with but that's the sad truth. I'll rewatch it, just for grins :D
Aug 26, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2013
I thought it was nice and it made me laugh at times, but the dude turned into a dick which is the only reason why i didn't like it at times. Plus I watched School Days by accident back then thinking I was watching Midori Days. I gave it an 8 I think?
Aug 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Well, going into School Days I had been spoiled on the ending, so I pretty much knew what to expect, or so I thought. It turns out this show is way more fucked up than I originally thought.

Love, sex, cheating, drama, and tragedy. That's what School Days is about. It starts out as a love triangle between Makoto, Kotonoha, and Sekai, but evolves into a monster you eventually start to hate. People love to call it a "harem deconstruction", and it's possible it has features that would point to that, but in my eyes, it's mostly realism that kicks in. Honestly, when is a real life girl going to be okay with some douchebag dragging her around while he's cheating on her and fucking every other girl he wants? They won't. The show even features girl to girl bullying, just because the victim is way prettier than them. It even shows a real life phenomenon when girls are dating or fucking a guy, all the other girls wonder if there's something about him that they could like too. All this said realism is taken away by parts of the ending, however some parts remain real like

The ending itself is overblown in the writing, but it's awesome to watch because you know

I did enjoy it though.

To be honest, I pretty much hated every character besides Kotonoha and Otome. They're all assholes or bitches (hey, just like real life), who do something or other to make the viewer hate them.
Makoto

Sekai

Kotonoha

Otome

Taisuke

Setsuna

The rest

The art and animation was decent for it's time, no better than similar looking shows like Akaneiro. Nothing real special here.

The music was decent. They had their handpicked tracks for dramatic moments, and they were the right picks. The opening starts to make less and less sense as you go further in the series. While the ED more and more fits the show.

The enjoyment level is mouth drop crazy. The melodrama is executed well, and the ending is none like any other.

7.0/10
Best Girl: Kotonoha Katsura

Aug 27, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2013
I just came to vote for Elfen Lied, I liked Hagure Yuusha (Overpowered bastard is overpowered.) and I would like to watch Amnesia but come on. It's Elfen Lied time, great anime which ending is better than the manga one, meaningful and lovely. Elfen Lied Age!

I would watch School Days but... I would rather pick the game where I can be a less douche Makoto and go for one of the 20 good endings out of 28. I hate anime or series where I hate the main characters (I'm looking at you Suzaku (For example)).
Aug 27, 2014 4:57 PM

May 2013
Review: School Days

So...Copy pasted from my review thread... If you hate shitty people being shitty people, illogical character decisions, or melodrama.. DO NOT watch School Days... For everyone else... Here is my really really long review. Love it or Hate it, this is happening whether you wanted it to or not!

Episode Impressions & Reactions

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Episode 7:

Episode 8:

Episode 9:

Episode 10:

Episode 11:

Episode 12:

Spoiler Free Review

Animation- - - 4.5
This show cut so many fucking corners when animating that I swear I was watching a cut scene in a visual novel at times. They literally abuse still frames, most of the back ground characters are just out lines or are always facing the other direction so they don't have to make out their facial features, and over all it just doesn't look all that good.

Music - - - 9
The great music in this show is very out of place to be honest. The OP is catchy and fun, the ED is pretty rad too. It's also weird that the background music is like a multiplier to the shows dramatic scenes. Even if something retarded is happening, the good music sells you on what ever it is for sure.

Character & Character Design- - - 5
All the character designs were good and all the girls are very cute but the characters themselves are an unlikable bunch of ass hats. They are going to frustrate any viewer without a doubt.

Story and Character Development- - - 5
LOL, what story? It's like someone put the view behind someone who was incredibly horny and was button mashing their way through a visual novel. The characters develop in the show proper however... Even if it is in a quite negative way... The cast does begrudgingly change as people while the show progresses. The MC is also a special kinda stupid than could only be summed up with song.

Over All Enjoyment- - - 9
Is this show bad? Hell yeah!... But that is where the fun I had lies. At times I was laughing so hard I almost shot coke out of my nose. At other times I was so livid I was literally flipping furniture in my home... But you know. I was never once bored while watching School Days... Even if half the fun was just how unrealistic and insane this show is.

This review is all based on my bias opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
Verdict: Final Score = 6.50

[b]Best Girl = Otome Kato
Worst Girl = Setsuna Kiyoura
Best Knife Fighter: Kotonoha Katsura
[/b]
Aug 27, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2014
There are dramas that make people cry like a baby... and then there's school days.
Seriously, this anime made me not want to have a girlfriend. Once I saw thiis, my vision for my future relationship totally disappeared.

But despite its dark and serious atmosphere, it's actually pretty clever. This anime focuses not on the cause, but the effect. Unlike other dramas out there, school days emphasizes on what happens after a relationship rather than what happens during a relationship. which brings us to this topic: choice.

There were lots of bad events that were caused by bad choices, like sleeping with sekai even though she had katsura, keeping katsura in the dark instead of just admitting it before it got worse, etc. It's kinda like in the VN: if you make a bad choice, you'll get a bad ending. I guess they emphasized more on the bad endings rather than the good end, and that is NOT something that happens in a usual drama, which kinda confused the viewers a little.

It's a good anime, but the plot... not so much. I'm giving it a 7/10.
VaennyAug 28, 2014 11:33 PM
Aug 28, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
Have not finished the whole series but I know it will be a 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2013
BStarted watching a few days ago. This was one of the animes I've been planning to watch, but didnt because people kept bitchin about the ending. It's not actually that bad. We all know about the ultimate douchebag of a main character Makoto. All of this shit could've been avoided easily.
Sep 18, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2013
Well took me a while to finish it since i was watching other series, also it has already ended but i'm gonna comment too.

I liked School Days, liked more the VN.

Everyone was fucking crazy.

Well it was fun to watch, the animation was good enough for me, the story wasn't the best of all the possible ones and the characters not good in this version (they are better in some story lines in the VN).

So I'll give it a 7/10
(probably 7.4 but gonna round it to 7)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sci-Fi Character Battle: Pearl Diamond vs Yumeko Suzukiri

Werewolverine4 - Apr 16

1 by CLYDESDALE »»
Apr 17, 3:44 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Battle: Catgirl Edition!

XSkii - Apr 8

8 by XSkii »»
Apr 17, 2:45 PM

Sticky: » CLIT RAPE!!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

CLYDESDALE - May 15, 2016

200 by XSkii »»
Apr 8, 4:01 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Gushing Over Magical Girls character battle: Magia Azure vs Sister Gigant

Punkero - Mar 25

3 by Vaenny »»
Mar 26, 7:54 PM

Poll: » [CLOSED] Battle: Girlfriend Edition

XSkii - Mar 17

7 by XSkii »»
Mar 26, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.