Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2009 9:32 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's somewhat amusing that Sumire had a crush on Madoka and not Kyosuke. It's not amusing how much of a bitch Sumire was, and the incredibly underhanding things she did to drive a wedge between the two. The funny thing is that I think it actually served to make the two become closer. LOL at Sumire chasing down Hikaru at the end.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 5, 2012 11:01 AM
Dec 2010
That was unpleasent happening.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 15, 2012 6:18 PM

May 2010
From the title of the episode, I actually thought they might be honest with one another.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 23, 2014 2:06 PM
Sep 2014
Did they actually manage to clear the misunderstanding up at the end? The dialogue suggests so, but it doesn't really look like it. I thought they were going to make Sumire confess with everyone watching.
Apr 10, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
That Sumire is crazy! Thankfully, Madoka and Hikaru believed Kyosuke in the end.

Jun 6, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
Hikaru: Hentai, Hentai! I mean... Taihen, Taihen (Terrible)! LOL
Oct 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Just cut Hikaru out of the show, honestly she's only in the story to be used as a prolonging of Madoka en Kyosuke getting together plus creating misunderstandings and guilt for some drama.

I like her as a character but the author is obviously just using her as an annoying device to drive a wedge between Madoka en Kyosuke.
Dec 2, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 2015
A good episode after, like, a whole cour.
Sep 5, 2018 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
Fuck that Sumire bitch.
Nov 25, 2018 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
This was a seriously damning predicament Kyosuke was put into. Not only was he framed for attempted rape in front of two girls who are very precious to him, but then Komatsu and Hatta take pictures and spread them across the school, potentially ruining his life. That was seriously low even for Komatsu and Hatta. If I were Kyosuke, I'd disassociate from them after this.
Fortunately for Kyosuke, the entire thing was solved without any harm done... which is unfortunate for us, the viewers, because it was very anti-climactic. I have no idea how Kyosuke got himself out of that one.

Honestly though, this episode was pretty intense, if it wasn't all played for laughs at the end. Kyosuke realizes that not only does he have competition for Madoka's love against men, but also against other girls. Getting your girl stolen by another girl would really sting. And not only is the girl a lesbian, but she's a manipulative, psychotic lesbian who isn't afraid to frame you as a rapist - nor is she afraid to threaten suicide with a kitchen knife in order to get her way.
Sumire was an OG yandere, for sure.
Apr 3, 2020 5:12 PM

Nov 2016
Komatsu and Hatta taking pictures and spreading the word that Kyousuke attempted rape, best friends right there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2016
Wow they dragged me this far and without getting bored that much.

FMmatron said:
Komatsu and Hatta taking pictures and spreading the word that Kyousuke attempted rape, best friends right there.
No wonder he calls them Bozos xD
Jul 13, 2020 5:24 PM
Dec 2018
Komatsu and Hatta again show themselves to be the actual villains of this show.

Jul 29, 2020 2:13 PM
Sep 2019
This episode is very interesting. It's commonly claimed that the first Yandere was from Diamond is Unbreakable, but apparently it's from Kimagure Orange Road.
Aug 6, 2020 5:30 AM
Apr 2018
Kiss gonna happen soon. :)

KASUGA was gonna say... "My True Feelings... for AYUKAWA are..."
MADOKA , pretty as always.
Jul 29, 2021 5:07 AM
Jan 2018
I feel this episode had a lot of interesting ideas: a female underclassmen, who has a bit of a screw loose, showcases feelings for Madoka, who then leads Kasuga into getting slandered for sexual misconduct.
If I'm not mistaken, a series from the 80's presenting such topics is quite ahead of it's time, and I was very much interested in seeing how it would tackle said issues.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel as though properly executed any of these ideas, resulting in another fairly meh episode of Orange Road.

I would've liked to see Sumire's mental sate explored more and the reasons for her extreme behaviours better defined. It felt like the show was hinting at some sort of self hate when she's going on about her existence being a burden, but who knows?
Does she have such feelings of worthlessness because of problems at home? or ongoing bullying? possibly/likely related to her openness on being a lesbian?

The false claims were also quite a heavy topic that was portrayed no where near as realistically as things would've gone down in real life - Kasuga'd be getting his teeth kicked in.
However, the world of Orange Road is a more more light-hearted and forgiving version of the real world and whatnot. Still, I feel it could've been done better.

I think what bothered me about this episode as well was the fact that the last few episodes have been a bit of a bore, and then this one finally presents some interesting ideas, only to, ya know, not.
But then again, this is Orange Road. Whatever.
Just another tale of Kasuga's penis acting like a broken compass and animal abuse. (poor Jingoro)

Perhaps the manga goes about things differently.
quinndoxNov 28, 2021 1:20 PM
Jul 30, 2021 1:41 PM

Sep 2020
I really thought they had kissed on this one, but once again, Hikaru strikes back.

Very good episode tho, and, btw, fuck Sumire, all my homies hate Sumire.
Jan 19, 2022 12:11 AM

Jan 2018
This was probably the most annoying episode thanks to the most annoying bitch Hoshi Sumire (yes, more annoying than Hikaru). No matter what era they're from I'll always hate yandere bitches.

I don't hate episodic formulas. But I'm kinda tired of it by now. I want some interesting developments to happen already. The last anime I watched had consistent development and I kinda expected the same from this anime. That was probably a mistake on my part. Judging by the amount of response the next episode forum has I bet something crazy will happen. Hopefully not Kyosuke kissing Hikaru.
May 2, 2022 7:19 AM

May 2019
When will that shitty Kyosuke ever have the guts to settle things between him, Hikaru and Madoka? It seems like they keep making shitty episodes to introduce more annoying characters to drag down the show. It's really impressive how this show could keep me annoyed episode by episode.

Apr 10, 10:58 PM

Jul 2023
Kyousuke's friends turned for the worse. They became paparazzis. What were they doing in Madoka's house in the first place?

That girl Sumire reminds me of a mix of Hikaru plus Devil Hunter Yohko.

Tsk regarding a false rape accusation.

Is this inspired from Rose of Versaille?

If you haven't watched the OVA episode of Kasuga's lesbian cousin, this could be either the first or second time you see another girl getting attracted to Madoka.

Did you see some girls that resemble Kasuga's friends? Are they sisters of the two?

People rushing to the factory are ridiculous.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.