Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 24, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
So summer is coming to an end and those that have had vacation will soon be back to school or work (if they haven't already), so I hope you have watched alot of anime. So yeah, which one/s did you like the most of the ones you watched (aired or finished).

Three anime shows stood out for me: Gosick, Nagi No Asukara and Amagami SS.

I really love the intense moments in Gosick and it's a nice change to watch a detective anime. The ending songs are awesome, especially Resuciated Hope.

Anyone who have watched Nagi No Asukara should know why it's so good. Aside from the beautiful animation and stellar soundtrack, the story and character development in the show is great. It's hard to predict how it will end (or more like, who will end up with who).

As for Amagami SS, I loved it because it has romantic resolutions with the MC and the heroines due to its unique omnibus format. For one who is tired of harems, dense protagonist and no romantic resolution at all, this is a dream. Especially since I play alot of visual novels.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 24, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2014
As for shows I recently watched that have stood out, I'll go over 3.

Hanamonogatari:
Because I am quite the fan of the Monogatari series, I had high expectations for Hanamonogatari and they were definitely met. The series was constantly being delayed to my dismay, but the final product was on par with an anime film. (animated by SHAFT I might add)

Nisekoi:
At first I ignored this show because it seemed like another generic love triangle fan service romp, but then, being the SHAFT dick rider that I am, gave it a try once I saw who animated it.
I was impressed by the unique take on the genre, instead of a dense MC we got a guy who can actually tell when his love interest is being embarrassed, shy, etc.
I was also impressed by the fact that even though the show was mostly episodic, events still had impact later on in the show. If something strange or crazy happened in the previous episode, it didn't go unnoticed by our characters in the next episode.

Hitsugi No Chaika:
Definitely the most underrated anime that came out this year. I ignored it at first solely because of the character designs of the MC and Chaika (his haircut is fucking ridiculous and Chaika's eyebrows need a fix) but I enjoyed the entire ride without ever groaning to myself. It wasn't anything revolutionary, but it certainly deserves more praise than it got.
http://www.oocities.com/Tokyo/Lights/8305/

My Favorite Anime>Your Favorite Anime
Aug 24, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Of the ones that I started AND finished during the summer, I'd go with Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. Wish that I watched it sooner. I also started and am still slowly working my way through a ton of longer series. I started off strong in the beginning of summer, but then burned out a bit on my anime watching. Transitioned more into real life raging. We'll see if that commitment will stay strong in the fall.
Aug 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Nagi no Asukara, thought I'm not 100% sure if I watched it over the summer. (I believe I did?)

Good mix of great animation, music, and original story.
Aug 24, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
Akame ga Kill! for sure with Chaika - The Coffin Princess right behind.

Akame ga Kill just has everything I love in anime: badass women, awesome OST, protagonists willing to kill when the situation calls for it, and no censorship
Aug 24, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
Hanamonogatari was typical nothing special.

Best show airing this season is ZnT imo, although last episode it definitely lost points with me
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 24, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
I recently got around to watching Free! and found that I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It was a nice, semi-relaxing break from some of the other anime I've been watching, and my strange attraction to the shape of Rin's teeth wasn't too hurtful.

As of now, I'm watching No Game No Life, and find that I've been liking that one as well.

Edit - I almost forgot about Another. It was dark, and intense at times, and kept me entertained right up until the end of the last episode. I fell in love with Mei Misaki's character very easily, with her doll-like features, and watched all of it in one day.
Aug 24, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2013
Katanagatari easily - it's been long since I gave a 9 to an anime. Great story with a great ending. Great battles. Nice OST. Cool MCs.
AizixAug 24, 2014 1:23 PM
Aug 24, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
HunterTennouji said:
Three anime shows stood out for me: Gosick, Nagi No Asukara and Amagami SS.
fun fact: both gosick and nagiasu are written by mari okada
Aug 24, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome topic

Here's all the anime I completed this summer (I copied this from my profile where I'm keeping track of number and date of all anime I complete in 2014). I spent most of the summer playing Visual Novels so didn't complete too many anime :

Honestly I haven't watch any anime that have blown me away since last fall, when I watched Gurren Lagann, Death Note, and Great Teacher Onizuka. I would say that my favorite anime I completed this year would either be Ga Rei Zero or Madoka Magica in terms of series. Madoka Movie 2 was my highest rated anime this summer, which I gave 9/10 to I think.
Aug 24, 2014 3:54 PM
Dec 2013
Sidonia no Kishi.

Oh wait, this summer... I don't have one and nearly all of the airing ones are nothing special imo.
Aug 24, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
tokyo ghoul was suppose to be. everything i watched has been pretty average and znt doesn't seem like my cup of tea
Aug 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
Right now it's between ZnT and 90s HxH.

ZnT is definitely my favorite of the bunch of the season due to it's epic OST and I love thriller shows. I guess it's because of the tension and the build up the series gives.

I decided to watch 90s HxH since the 2011 series is getting ready to end and so far is enjoying as much the 2011 version. It gives a whole a new feeling the series and even though it has filler it feels natural.

Aug 24, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
Shinsekai Yori
Aug 24, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2012
ZnT, Haikyuu and TG. But the one that really does a number on me in every single episode is Barakamon! I love that anime! <33
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2010
The best thing I've watched this summer was Usagi Drop. Spaced out the episodes and watched it over the course of a week. It was fantastic.

Also, the biggest surprises I've had this summer was Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Upotte. The former for having an extremely great "battle" towards the end of the series, and the latter for, despite appearances, actually teaching me a few things about firearms.
Aug 24, 2014 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
Although I got to watch plenty of solid titles this summer, the one that got to me the most was Bokura ga Ita.

It has some of the most natural romance and organic characters that I've seen in anime. Not only that, but it really spoke to me and resonated with my life. It's probably the first time I'd been shaken that hard since After Story in 2010 (not to discredit the impact other anime have had though). It's one of 3-4 anime that has made me shed tears for multiple emotions. The sweet moments, the heartbreaking moments, and the inspiring moments.
Aug 24, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
clannad after story and im really enjoying toaru kagaku no railgun

Aug 24, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
My re-watch of NGE + End of Evangelion.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 24, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2014
Ping Pong
Aug 24, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
Hunter X Hunter (2011)

I cant't stop watching this show
Aug 24, 2014 7:12 PM

Feb 2013
OriginANIME said:
Nagi no Asukara, thought I'm not 100% sure if I watched it over the summer. (I believe I did?)

Good mix of great animation, music, and original story.

And Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou too!! -y-
Aug 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
Yowamushi Pedal was one of the best Anime I finished this Summer.

Aug 24, 2014 10:46 PM
Aug 2014
Kuroko no basket both season 1 and season 2 and date a live (coz at least in date a live the romance between the main character and tohka actually progress rather than the typical harem tropes)
Aug 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
Right now, a tossup between Zankyou no Terror and Zeta Gundam.
Aug 24, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
Although it's winter here, I'd go with Mushishi. Bundled up in bed on a cold night, this was such an enjoyable and refreshing watch.
Aug 24, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2013
Table Tennis The Motion Picture
Aug 24, 2014 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
Barakamon and Haikyuu
Aug 24, 2014 11:20 PM

May 2014
Clannad, Higurashi, Durarara, and Shin Sekai Yori. These are now in my top 10 anime series list.
Aug 25, 2014 8:05 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Locked
Please refrain from creating listing topics as they do not create discussion between users.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 2024 Challenge Help

d_lynne - Apr 21

5 by Jaycer »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 6 hours ago

28 by Firwik_Howlo »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

76 by Ende_uraa »»
4 minutes ago

» Request for AI fanarts portals for already existing anime characters

_untitled - Jan 1

35 by GilbertEaton »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

38 by APolygons2 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.