Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 7:21 AM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a bad episode but definitely one of my least favorite. A major reason why I didn't like it was because Shauna gave us a 5min+ exposition on Pokemon performances.

Seriously, they could've introduced performances in a more interesting way than how it is done here. In any case, I guess Serena will focus on becoming a top Pokemon performer.

I don't like the idea of these performances too much. They are extremely similar to Pokemon contests except without the battles which makes it less exciting.

I did enjoy the little Serena and Ash moments though. It was cute how Ash inspired Serena through his relationship with Pikachu
Aug 25, 2014 12:07 AM
Jun 2011
oh my god next episode the legendary pokemon xerneas will appear i cant wait for see him
Aug 25, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
Seems fucking legit.

Aug 25, 2014 8:25 AM
Mar 2013
I remember reading some trivia somewhere about Wailord.

It said if you compare Wailord's weight to length ratio it is less denser than air. Which means it should literally be floating. And plus the pokedex entry classifies Wailord as a float whale pokemon so... the above picture is actually quite legit xD
Aug 25, 2014 4:15 PM
Jun 2011
emeraldrosary said:
I remember reading some trivia somewhere about Wailord.

It said if you compare Wailord's weight to length ratio it is less denser than air. Which means it should literally be floating. And plus the pokedex entry classifies Wailord as a float whale pokemon so... the above picture is actually quite legit xD
it will be intresting to see the legendary pokemon xerneas next episode since it going to show in the movie
Aug 25, 2014 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
This episode was not that great ... It was done just to fill a space between two important episodes. However, we finally found Serena's dream: Be a Pokémon performer! This will be crucial to the plot of the anime as a whole. Obviously, the next episode will be much better!
Sep 1, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
A bit disappointing that there won't be battles involved for Serena's goal.
Sep 5, 2014 10:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Most boring episode imo.

Nice to see Serena x Ash moments, but for the most part the episode felt stale. Ash/Serena fall down the cliff and they can't get up. I personally would carry a Pokemon that can help me get up the cliff like an Onix, or a flying type. Other than that not much to comment.

Sep 5, 2014 12:43 PM
Mar 2013
SweetKotomi said:
Most boring episode imo.

Nice to see Serena x Ash moments, but for the most part the episode felt stale. Ash/Serena fall down the cliff and they can't get up. I personally would carry a Pokemon that can help me get up the cliff like an Onix, or a flying type. Other than that not much to comment.
I also found the episode the most boring one so far. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Pokemon performances though. Do you think they are better than contests or just a watered-down version of them?
Sep 5, 2014 4:49 PM
Jun 2011
emeraldrosary said:
SweetKotomi said:
Most boring episode imo.

I also found the episode the most boring one so far. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Pokemon performances though. Do you think they are better than contests or just a watered-down version of them?
well i dont think they better then contest with battles but from what i seen in the game the preformer contests are pretty enjoyable
Sep 15, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2011
D'aww we got another Serena and Satoshi moment. Although it did not last long. Xerneas next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
Man, they always stick the girls with the performance role/dream in life. And now they've actually prevented any guys from competing (what with the winner's title being "Kalos Queen").

Just one of these times, I'd like to see a guy companion given the performance role/dream in life, or have a girl who hears about the performance and isn't interested in competing.
Mar 6, 2015 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode and didn't hear Serena say she wanted to be a Pokemon performer, just that she wanted to see it.

I thought it was a good episode, I enjoyed it.

The Serena and Ash moments were sweet especially down the ravine. Awww <3

I think Team Squirtle's PokeVision was the most boring, glad they didn't place in the top 3 - it was uninspired, and the two seconds seen of those who placed second and third were much better and inspired and Serena's was very cute and nice. Glad they won.
Nov 7, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
Hyack said:
Seems fucking legit.

Lol at this XD XD

Anyway.. a poke vision video become relevant again.. not really in my liking but i guess the episode is okay.. There's some nice sweet Ash x Serena moment which is nice..

I'm a little bit disappointed about how pokemon performer work since it's just like a carbon copy of pokemon contest except without the battle.. well, i won't judge yet so i'll just wait until i see the episode focus on pokemon performer..

Overall an okay episode.. Not good enough if we compare to some previous episodes though.. looking forward to see the next ones.. 3/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 2, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2012
Satoshi sprained his ankle? WTF! It took almost 2 decades for that to happen.

Of course Satoshi's team won.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 27, 2022 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
so OLM found the replacement for contest - pokemon performance. well, i'm not that impressed lol. it's going to be AD and DP again with those performance episodes instead of filler. (though in DP they were good as the rest of the episodes). why the girl character cannot have normal trainer dream? lol

ash and serena moments are too obvious lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.