3It was OK
26.7%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
15 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2009 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I cried at the end...
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 15, 2010 3:30 PM
Feb 2008
It all started great, then went downhill from like episode 6 (Guu has started to be nice, albeit in her own way. A mistake nevertheless). Then every episode we saw attempts to reach that level and every attempt failed. We saw some moments that could provide a good laugh but the majority of the time was boring, sometimes cheesy, sometimes ridiculous. The so-called end didn't even conclude anything. To sum it up, this series feeds on the glory of the marvelous first few episodes.
Dec 18, 2010 9:28 AM

May 2010
I agree with you, Baphomet, except for two things: I never thought it was all that great to begin with, and I really liked the end. I heard from someone that this was the funniest show in the whole world, but it seems like I can't trust other people's senses of humor.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 27, 2011 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
Baphomet said:
It all started great, then went downhill from like episode 6 (Guu has started to be nice, albeit in her own way. A mistake nevertheless). Then every episode we saw attempts to reach that level and every attempt failed. We saw some moments that could provide a good laugh but the majority of the time was boring, sometimes cheesy, sometimes ridiculous. The so-called end didn't even conclude anything. To sum it up, this series feeds on the glory of the marvelous first few episodes.
Seabury said:
I agree with you, Baphomet, except for two things: I never thought it was all that great to begin with, and I really liked the end. I heard from someone that this was the funniest show in the whole world, but it seems like I can't trust other people's senses of humor.
You are both right!

Guu was the only character out of the bunch who had a real personality.
Aug 22, 2011 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't have any expectations for this series and I let the show's pacing take me where it will. I enjoyed the funny moments where I found them and moved on when I didn't get the humor. Overall it was very good by my book.

I teared up a bit near the ending since I haven't seen my own mother for some time now, made me feel like packing my bags and going home for a while.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 22, 2013 12:02 AM

Jul 2011
It was awesome show, I love Guu-sama! Last episode is good but abrupt. I search everywhere sub in my language, but i still can't find them :< I want to watch second series sooo much!
Aug 31, 2015 6:57 AM

Jun 2015
Not bad, but the story isn't concluded at all. Thank goodness there are more episodes after this, the many questions still left.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jan 18, 2017 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
Ta-da! Here we are, ladies and gentlemen! The end of Hare+Guu!

Well, to be frank, the majority of the characters really didn't click with me personally; they generally didn't matter and/or they failed to impact me in any way. The cast is quirky and fairly likable with nothing of note beyond that, the exceptions being Weda, Dr. Clive, and (of course) Guu.

As for Hare, the little shit has never failed to piss me off. The majority of his screen time is spent nagging others, noisily invading the personal space of other people, harboring a rather lethal Oedipus Complex (as Guu has stated on multiple occasions) and never maturing beyond that point. If there's one aspect of this series that people can easily criticize, they'll more than likely point to Hare.

In spite of that, Hare+Guu is among the most visually creative works I've ever seen; sure, it's entirely centered on one theme, that of the importance of familial bonds, but the show does commendably at doing so. And, at its best, Hare+Guu is one of the most consistently hilarious shows of all time.

It's still one hell of a show....... even if its finale is atrocious at settling loose ends.

7 out of 10
Mar 30, 2017 12:43 AM

Dec 2013
What a powerful narrative from beginning to end. I am at awe at how the author tied the imaginary to the real while bringing herself into the story... Then despite all the tsukommu jokes, maintaining that delicate handling... Ah, I'll have to come back to this time and time again. That simplicity, flow, and clarity of meaning through all of that wacko symbolism... Superb.

Stories like these just makes me want to come out of own shell, too. Out of all the themes and playful alterations of those themes, assurance was perhaps the greatest takeaway for me.
kawyuaMar 30, 2017 12:48 AM
Oct 14, 2022 10:16 AM

Feb 2010
Most of commenters are hardly older than Hale, it seems, and couldn't appreciate the mature themes here. I initially dropped the show thinking it was yet another absurd anime, nothing wrong with those, but I didn't want to bother. On a closer look it had proven to be a gem. Not often do I see an anime that walks a middle ground between fantasy, absurd-surreal and social-family, and most family anime or cartoons I saw somehow lacked the simplicity and charm this one has. This one is surreal, not taking itself seriously, yet consistently delivers on plot and character development. It's not so much in how they change, but how we see them, discovering more. The cast does much with what they have, and the style is charming. This anime has it's own unique character and I liked it through.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Episode 25 Discussion

crazyspinz - Mar 27, 2011

2 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 20, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Episode 24 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 14, 2009

6 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 16, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Episode 23 Discussion

Awesmoe - Nov 30, 2009

5 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Episode 4 Discussion

HikaruKaneko - Aug 6, 2009

10 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Episode 14 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 13, 2009

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
May 20, 2022 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.