Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
Well I believe now the kid is Captain Earth though and though.

Great episode!!!
Aug 24, 2014 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
I need a little explanation about how Teppi survived, but why quibble over the small details...

Once again in the cafe Moco shows that she is becoming a little more human as she exclaims over the effort that Ai puts into her music video...I still believe that in the end the major villain will not be the planetary gears but Puck, the ever-honest computer.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2014 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good episode compared to the last ones, nice.

rodac said:
I need a little explanation about how Teppi survived, but why quibble over the small details...

I guess it was his "singularity" but I'm not sure, they'll probably explain that in the next episode.
Aug 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
rodac said:

Once again in the cafe Moco shows that she is becoming a little more human as she exclaims over the effort that Ai puts into her music video...I still believe that in the end the major villain will not be the planetary gears but Puck, the ever-honest computer.
I do think they will end up humans.
Aug 25, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
I hate it when the villian is using something that prevents the use of one single, very specific move, and the good guys are dumbfounded "oh noes, we can't use x, there's nothing we can do to stop him".

How about shooting him, but not killing him? Like, use less power, aim for the foot or an arm, whatever. Or knocking him out when he's grabbing Hana. She could also easily have knocked him out at the end where he was standing behind Daichi. But she's just standing around.

Maybe he could even have shot that detonator, usually detonators do not prevent bombs from exploding, but send a signal to make them explode. No detonator, no signal. Bit risky, but they pull off stuff like that all the time.

Most people are also not prepared for the guy the are aiming at to grab the gun etc.

And that that guy turned..kinda stupid. They should have have beat him up in the process of disarming him and throw him into a cell together with Ai (though she unfortunately escaped), so he can begin to understand what they are up against and what amazing feat the Midsummer Knights achieved.

Funny also how the Ark faction suddenly has a backup ship the moment one of their own may be the one to destroy the one we know about. Especially that guy was blarting how it's the only chance and they can not sacrifice that ship..but the moment he gets asked how come he would sacrifice it? "Oh that ship..thats no problem, obviously we got another one".

The whole struggle by Salty Dog/Ark Faction against Daichi etc. was pointless with that line. They need a ship, Salty Dog doesn't care about the one on the space station, so just give it to them. Maybe they'll really get rid of the planetary gears, all the better, and if not, at least they are dead without you getting your hands dirty. On the contrary.
Aug 25, 2014 4:50 PM
Oct 2010
On another note, I see the gears losing their ship and ego blocks and just becoming humans and then living normal lives. The short pants girl and sonic will probably hook up to.

It's kinda odd how they intro'd the leader of the gears and yet she has done nothing. Now they only have 3 episodes to conclude this.
Aug 25, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
NwAurion said:
I hate it when the villian is using something that prevents the use of one single, very specific move, and the good guys are dumbfounded "oh noes, we can't use x, there's nothing we can do to stop him".

How about shooting him, but not killing him? Like, use less power, aim for the foot or an arm, whatever. Or knocking him out when he's grabbing Hana. She could also easily have knocked him out at the end where he was standing behind Daichi. But she's just standing around.

Maybe he could even have shot that detonator, usually detonators do not prevent bombs from exploding, but send a signal to make them explode. No detonator, no signal. Bit risky, but they pull off stuff like that all the time.

Most people are also not prepared for the guy the are aiming at to grab the gun etc.

And that that guy turned..kinda stupid. They should have have beat him up in the process of disarming him and throw him into a cell together with Ai (though she unfortunately escaped), so he can begin to understand what they are up against and what amazing feat the Midsummer Knights achieved.

Funny also how the Ark faction suddenly has a backup ship the moment one of their own may be the one to destroy the one we know about. Especially that guy was blarting how it's the only chance and they can not sacrifice that ship..but the moment he gets asked how come he would sacrifice it? "Oh that ship..thats no problem, obviously we got another one".

The whole struggle by Salty Dog/Ark Faction against Daichi etc. was pointless with that line. They need a ship, Salty Dog doesn't care about the one on the space station, so just give it to them. Maybe they'll really get rid of the planetary gears, all the better, and if not, at least they are dead without you getting your hands dirty. On the contrary.
You do realize that major bleeding can cause death right? Even if you shoot him at an arm or a leg if he bleeds it is the end, also he could detonate the ship manually by killing himself or activate the detonator somehow, no matter what, he had advantage.

And knock him how? She is not exactly physically strong is she? As for Hirosue, he may have mixed bluffs with truth, though as a matter of a fact and seeing how Kube had his personal satellite it is possible that the Kivotos is not the only ship but pretty much the best available.

At least I liked how Hirosue changed.

skudoops said:
On another note, I see the gears losing their ship and ego blocks and just becoming humans and then living normal lives. The short pants girl and sonic will probably hook up to.

It's kinda odd how they intro'd the leader of the gears and yet she has done nothing. Now they only have 3 episodes to conclude this.
Pretty much. Well she mostly serves as a voice of reason character, even Amara can't argue back. Also he always struck me more as leader, at least he is the vanguard of the group and a full supremacist.
Aug 25, 2014 7:22 PM

May 2014
Music: Ok
Animation: More than Ok, plain awesome actually.
Story: crap, tastless shit, over abundance of cliches, its like a cliché party.

Seriously, I'm still watching captain earth cuz of respect to bones and their awesome animators who still draw mecha and all by hand, yet, their sure are unlucky... they got stuck with some pretty bad writers. For example: the turn-around of the salty-dog dude that kidnapped Hana, the Machine Godfellow who just talks with clichés.
The deus-ex-machina saving Teppei.
The sudden shed of tears by all of the Tenkaidou crew-woman who have shared a few moments with Teppei on the screen. It's like, crying out of manners, not because they actually feel that way. The writers sure aren't doing their best when thinking of ways to relate to the public the feelings of their characters.

I'll finish this show, even if it kills me. Just so I can rant about it with due knowledge.
Aug 26, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
lablackmamba said:
Music: Ok
Animation: More than Ok, plain awesome actually.
Story: crap, tastless shit, over abundance of cliches, its like a cliché party.

Seriously, I'm still watching captain earth cuz of respect to bones and their awesome animators who still draw mecha and all by hand, yet, their sure are unlucky... they got stuck with some pretty bad writers. For example: the turn-around of the salty-dog dude that kidnapped Hana, the Machine Godfellow who just talks with clichés.
The deus-ex-machina saving Teppei.
The sudden shed of tears by all of the Tenkaidou crew-woman who have shared a few moments with Teppei on the screen. It's like, crying out of manners, not because they actually feel that way. The writers sure aren't doing their best when thinking of ways to relate to the public the feelings of their characters.

I'll finish this show, even if it kills me. Just so I can rant about it with due knowledge.

I don't even know how Gurren Laggan is in your favorites, suffering from the same problems (OST was incredible, though) lol
I guess this show just lacks in "ginga bishounen epicness" then :v
Sep 1, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2011
"so u gonna kill your friend? then please also save humanity"

the weird part is how did Hana get taken in front of them? there are ways to disable Hirose without killing him...
Nov 9, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2011
I never though they'd pull a stunt like that to save Teppei.
Dec 9, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
holy shit that Salty Dog guy actually showing signs of having common sense.
Feb 24, 2015 11:48 AM

Mar 2014
Good episode, that last minute was quite intense with the music and all....
Mar 4, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
What the fuck! What the hell kind of story is this? The turn that took the story, it makes me unhappy, because I have seen too many stupid things in the course of action regarding the situations to be faced by the characters.
Leaving out the drawings and animations always excellent, what you do not want in any way to work well, it is the interpretation by the protagonists.
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
So even after Daichi showed he's perfectly capable both in terms of strength and will, his ability is still doubted. Is this just the cynicism and spite that comes with aging or is something else going on.
Why would you go that far just to prove your point.
I'm glad Teppei survived, it'd be sad if after the previous episode he'd just go like that. I do think however that once the ego blocks are destroyed, Hana and possibly Teppei (despite having destroyed his own) might have to say goodbye to Daichi and Akari. Or perhaps Daichi and Akari will go with them. Who knows. Either way they should get on with the plot instead of this silly side stuff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.