3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.6
153 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2009 1:04 PM
Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Excellent anime Exciting and lovely story
Jan 17, 2010 3:38 AM
Jun 2009
So, anyone else that has a feeling that the story ends on a very ominous day (giving this anime a potentially very bittersweet ending)? Wouldn't had rated this as high as I did unless I had noticed this little twist.
Jan 26, 2010 1:37 PM

Apr 2008
The way I saw it the only reason the ending was bittersweet was because the ending sucked. No epic Karasu vs Noein. Karasu ends up vanishing...

Noein dies because Yuu didn't acknowledge him? WFT!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Feb 8, 2010 9:22 PM
Dec 2008
hillster said:
So, anyone else that has a feeling that the story ends on a very ominous day (giving this anime a potentially very bittersweet ending)? Wouldn't had rated this as high as I did unless I had noticed this little twist.

Its true though I also noticed it was a different season as from the memory, and although all future of parallel dimensions is 'approximate' Haruka should remember what is bound to happen and somehow prevent it?

regardless, fantastic show. :)
May 19, 2010 1:53 AM

Jan 2009
err no Karasu, Tobi, and Atori all of them goes back to there own dimension La'Cryma thats how i see it and thats how i choose there future and im posting in here to established that recognition of there existence lol

the future have endless possibilities/choices for us to recognized or choose from

very good anime i cant believe quantum mechanics can have a very good storyline
Jun 2, 2010 11:09 PM

Sep 2009
great anime and epic last episode :)

Jul 17, 2010 2:45 PM

Jul 2008
subemotion said:
hillster said:

Its true though I also noticed it was a different season as from the memory, and although all future of parallel dimensions is 'approximate' Haruka should remember what is bound to happen and somehow prevent it?

it is not bound to happen because it only happened in one of the futures. Noein's past might or might not be the path that they're going through.
Jul 27, 2010 9:35 PM

Feb 2009
Why did Atori have to die? ;__;

Overall a good animu, but I felt there was just something missing. :|
Aug 2, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
betsuni78 said:

Haruka observed her own death so she will die. This is explained in ep. 12.

For example: the timewarping telephone. Haruka's mother and father both heard her voice on the phone. Since the future cannot affect the past, Haruka had to answer the phone both times and say exactly those words. You could say that even though Haruka's mother and father observed this, it may have been from another timeline. If this were true, then that seperate timeline would be affecting the past. Therefore, both the called and the calling must take place on all timelines even though events surrounding it can change.

The only reasons La'cryma and Shangri-la could affect the past was because they were illusory timelines artificially created in order to lead to a convergence.
Sep 25, 2010 9:02 AM

Mar 2010
This is a very good anime indeed... but in my opinion, i think the ending was a bit too rush... hurmmmm =.=
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Oct 15, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
shootdatpancake said:
This is a very good anime indeed... but in my opinion, i think the ending was a bit too rush... hurmmmm =.=

It did feel a tiny bit rushed, but it was still quite epic.

Although the twist was "bittersweet" as someone else said, I thought it was pretty impressive how the directors paid attention to so many little details...

Really enjoyed watching this. :) Confusing at times, and I didn't get a lot of the physics explanations, but it was still a fun ride~ I liked the ending~~
Nov 17, 2010 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
Noein's a very good anime! Absolutely worth watching again :D
Jan 8, 2011 3:40 PM
Dec 2010
It's been rather intensive series, 9/10

Only few OVA/special eps wouldn't hurt just to show their life after Yuu's return from Tokyo or which future they chose :)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 22, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
i feel very bad for yuu. haruka clearly like karasu, not the yuu she knows. yuu just kinda lives with that fact that he's just a substitute for karasu.

very weak ending imo
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Dec 21, 2011 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
Noein is very close to being a masterpiece. I think I might review this thing if I can spare some time in the future.
Feb 3, 2012 8:21 AM

Aug 2011
I thought it was ok, but the anime itself has many flaws. mainly in the time lines and lack of explanation of Kara and others also left me confused.
but in the end it was an 7/10 for the story.
holyshuraFeb 3, 2012 8:25 AM
Feb 28, 2012 3:33 PM

Dec 2008
Probably the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life ._.
May 28, 2012 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
Very good series until the end.
But I really wished I could have seenthe scene of the future Haruka talking to phone to the present Haruka... :S
And I kind of feel bad for Yuu, Haruka seems to be more attracted to Karasu than himself. Well, it's a bit weird, Karasu is Yuu but Yuu isn't really Karasu to me.
Jun 23, 2012 9:22 PM

Nov 2011
They should of kissed, tsh.

Oh well, this series was alright with me although not masterpiece level.
Jun 25, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2012
10/10 for me, masterpiece and so well worth watching
ending probably needed a bit more thought though, the setup was nice for it but the ending itself was rushed
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 5, 2012 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
Although the animation was mediocre, I really enjoyed the anime. 8.5/10

The ending though not rushed felt incomplete. We never find out what happens to Atori, future Ai/Lily, Toby, and other characters I'm too lazy to mention. I get that this was more story oriented than romance oriented but Yuu never even gets to first base with Haruka. I'm dying for an final episode showing them in 7 years.
Aug 12, 2012 12:48 AM
Apr 2012
great anime and fascinating history
Nov 26, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2012
Great anime.9/10(just needed more atori and karasu vs noein in end).
Can't believe most of the people don't even know and prefer Steins gate over this.
Feb 13, 2013 9:58 PM

May 2010
I gave this 5/10 because there was so much missing in the end.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 19, 2013 9:40 AM

May 2012
Interesting way how they've finished this anime! I do got mixed feelings on the way they combined the slice of life part and the sci fi part... as the way I found it there was a huge gap of interest between both...

In global a lovely anime nice concept and a nice ending! For me it could have been better but in general it was quite lovely! 7/10
Aug 15, 2013 12:55 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is great, can't believe it took me so long to finally watch this. The story was great, all the characters were likeable and the animation was great. Granted the fight scenes were too sloppy for my test. The soundtrack was great all around. All in all, i'll give this anime a 9.5. Wouldhave given this a 10 if it had a good ending that didn't felt rushed. I sure wished they had taken the steins gate route and made an epilogue ova.

I gave it a .5 because of the bloopers.
Oct 17, 2013 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
Wonderful end to the show. I thought at first the anime itself was boring with all the usual plot and characters but as i progress the episodes, i began to be hooked by it. Atori was badass with both being villainous and heroic at the same time.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Nov 9, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2011
Fantastic series, i loved how much detail and attention went to all the little details, this is deifnetly worth a second watch sometime down the line

I really enjoyed the characters, the future guys more than anyone, especially atori, i didnt expect to love that guy so much from how he acted in the start.

It was kind of sad to technically see karasu and the rest of the future guys all die but they were merging with the dimension of the main characters so they wont experience all the hardships from waring against noein so its not all sad.

It was a smart(albeit confusing as fuck) series but its well thought out, interesting, and satisfying, I give it a very strong 9

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2013 8:00 PM
Aug 2012
I'm really not sure what to think about this... I loved the drama and cross dimensional aspects of the series but the action/art style was WAY too over the top for my taste plus the ending left a lot to be desired.

I can't shake the feeling that Yuu kind of got screwed over as Haruka was in love with Karasu not him.

The only thing I know for certain is that I have to get that OST, I loved all of the piano pieces.
Mar 24, 2014 8:15 PM
Nov 2013
Worst anime qi.
NTR Tipico the guy in the future that can not salval your girl back to the past to steal the girl from MC.
Regrettably slutty Haruka falls for a guy from the future, I noticed all the anime she has no feelings for Yu so by that monster of the future
Mar 29, 2014 10:46 PM
Oct 2013
Ugh...The ending isn't that bad, but there are too many plot threads being left open. The idea of this anime is great and I love sci fi elements, but the execution made it mediocre. Overall 7/10.
Apr 4, 2015 5:59 AM

Jun 2008
I'm giving this last episode 6/10 and the anime 7,5/10

I really want to give this anime a higher score, but I can't help but shake the feeling off that there was so much more potential with the story than they had shown.

The ending was dissapointing. I am not really an open ending person but I dont complain quickly either. However, this anime left me very critical. I still have so many questions.

What I loved about this anime:
- great atmosphere, kind of dark story for a group of kids
- usage of some serious scientific theories
- lots of twists
- character development
- unique drawing style (had to get used to it at first but it gives the anime an unique twist)
- battle animation (the sketchlines during some fights really reminded me of the TTGL animation)
- great ost (I also really loved the anime opening, it's easily one of my favorite openings)
- strong/likable female main character (sounds a bit contradicting as she screamed for Karasu/Yuu quite often, but at least she also tried to fight for them as well)

What I disliked about this anime:
- too many open plotlines
- lacking background stories (despite they fleshed out the characters, I would have loved to see more about La'Cryma, Atori's world (is he from another planet or what?), Tobi's world, Kosagi & Miho could definitely use some more background story
- too much 'Haruka!!' 'Karasuuu!'' ''Harukaaa!!'' ''Karasuuuu!!!''' or is it just me?
- too little focus on Yuu's jealousy (even though he got a lot of screen time, I do feel the writers have neglected him. all of a sudden in the ending he seemed to finally accept Karasu which I think is weird)
- I knew Noein was Karasu/Yuu right from the start as they used the same voice actor...

Also: who the hell were those other knight guys?! some of them barely got any coverage.. there was one guy who joined Atori and Tobi, we barely saw anything of him. why introduce him into the story anyway then? I don't even remember his effing name. also for that matter: who were those guys sitting at that table in La'Cryma? leaders no doubt. could have used some more story here.

I also really would have loved to see more La'Cryma and how their future could have looked like, or the past, for that matter. And as crazy as it might sound as we saw a lot of other dimensions, I would have loved to see the other future outcomes as well. And who is that old dude? Yuu as well? Why did they stop at that village in Shangri-La when the old dude warned Haruka that she should have a goal in mind (and not stop in the village, if I remember correctly).

I know not everything has to be explained but the ending left me kind of frustrated.
RespecticanApr 4, 2015 6:05 AM
May 11, 2015 12:26 AM

Nov 2013
This story is a classic case of John Wheeler's quantum mechanics, applied in one of its infinite possibilities. My only real gripe is that the author asserts Primacy of Consciousness over Primacy of Existence here, by the concept that people/places/dimensions only exist when there are observers to stabilize their existence in a particular dimension.

I must say that the first few episodes had me wondering if this was a waste of time. I only stumbled into this because of research on Eufonius' music, and saw an album cover with Haruka's picture on it. The rest is history. By episode 15, I realized this was some heavy scientific exploration going on. The portrayal of the visuals of many dimensions was effective in the medium of anime. And it did not go unnoticed, the fantastic 3D camera moves around Haruka's house that still looked like drawings and not CG. The technique is approaching perfection.

Some things remain unclear to me, such as where did Atori come from and why wasn't there a childhood existence of him in Haruka's timeline. Of course the elephant in the room is why do Lacry'ma's dimensional characters all have super powers? It's a strange twist of reality.

The characters were all over the place.. Haruka reminds me of Dora the Explorer (those eyes) and that maniacal scientist looked like a character out of Space Cruiser Yamato. There were a lot of strange-looking characters.

This is a series that needs multiple views to start to integrate all the puzzle pieces. It's a lot to ingest in one pass.
Sep 19, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2007
It's a mystery to me why haven't I watched it earlier, where was my mind until now?

Overall I loved the story, soundtrack, animation and most characters (Yuu was really annoying for the biggest part of the series but oh well). The ending could have been better (maybe 2 more episodes would have done the trick), but I'll live with that as well, as other things compensate for that.

I gave it 9/10 for the detailed story with few lacks and it gets bonus points as the action takes place in Hakodate, Hokkaido where I will study for one year and I thought it was a great coincidence and opportunity to see Hakodate in such a wonderful anime just couple of days before going to Japan! :)
Sep 19, 2015 6:05 PM
Aug 2012
I wonder why I've been delaying watching this moving perfect anime for so long? Yeah I agree that the place where events took part in has a special charm- remote place that is far away and full of science and its own atmosphere in everything, which reflects local people unique way of thinking and their hearts.Poor Atori((( Still have no regrets watching this!
Nov 6, 2015 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatched)

Yuu refuses to become Noein, meaning Noein loses his basis to exist. Not sure what the deal is with those horse things... they seemed to all be Yuu from other dimensions.

Score remains 7/10 (good). I really like this kind of sci-fi, but it could have been much better with a more aggressive/mature style.
May 9, 2016 1:14 AM

Jul 2013
basspig said:
Of course the elephant in the room is why do Lacry'ma's dimensional characters all have super powers? It's a strange twist of reality.

It's because of the nature of their existence. The show doesn't directly talk about why they have their powers but you can take it from the dialogue about their world.
May 9, 2016 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
Personally i don't really know what to think of this. I think the show gave mixed messages and the ending was bit too abrupt. How some of the characters acted at times seemed out of character and people in the show are taking all the crazy shit way too calmly. It's annoying that there is zero emotional aftermath. You wouldn't just go living normally after experience like this.

The show also dilly dallies too much and could have benefited from being more focused or shorter.
Jul 19, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
Liked the ending. Sad to see all the future guys go,though, they were all awesome. :( I can easily say this series managed to completely surprise me. I never expected something like this when I began watching it, only having read the genre tags, lol. Could recommend to people looking for something different and unique.

8/10
Jan 14, 2017 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
Underrated seies 10/10 _O_
Apr 17, 2017 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty strong overall, but that ending is kind of fucked. Haruka's attitude to Karasu left a bad taste in my mouth with Yuu basically living in the shadow of his older self from another dimension. I also think the (meta)physics of this story can be read either literally or metaphorically, metaphorically it's more interesting and the message is clearer Literally, the message is muddled. Also, for all the daily-life scenes and character development we get between the children, it'd have been nice to see an episode-length epilogue
syncrogazerApr 17, 2017 7:43 AM
Apr 30, 2017 10:39 PM

Apr 2017
Such a frustrating ending...

Atari shouting, "I won't let the future happen!" ... Good luck with that bro!

Noein shouldn't really have disappeared at the end. Noein's self-recognition should be enough to "establish" him (see Decartes). Also, Yuu and Karasu were very narrow-minded to reject Noein as one of them. In an infinitely dividing system of dimensions, there should be an infinite number of distinct futures. Among these futures, there will be ones in which Yuu does forget about Haruka, ones in which Yuu also dies, ones in which Yuu remembers Haruka, ones in which he becomes like Noein, and ones in which he becomes like Karasu. Yuu will go on to become ALL possible future Yuus, not just the ones he wants to. That is what an increasing multiverse implies. That is part of the fundamental premise of this series. I have little sympathy for characters who are deluded by their emotions.

Also, falling out of a car during an accident is MUCH more dangerous than staying in the car during an accident. That is one of the main reasons we wear seatbelts.
May 14, 2017 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
The ending was kind iffy,the way all the timelines were prevented from becoming Shangri-La and Noein disappearing due to Yuu refusing to become him felt too easy/simple imo.

The first half was great,the second half dropped in quality a little bit due to some lacking episodes but it eventually picked back up,the ending didn't really satisfy me honestly so keeping this at a 7.5 instead of a 8/10.
May 27, 2017 3:48 AM
Feb 2016
Will from what i saw the story is very good
And the ending was reasonable since there is nothing can be done by anyone except yuu and haruka ... But what happen in lakrema and the past time line ... What they did ... How did they helped haruka .. that is iam confused from ....
A very good show i think i'll watch again if i could spare some time in the future

I give it 9/10 for the story
Jul 20, 2017 4:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I feel like I am the 1% that didn't enjoy the anime in this thread. xD...

There were things here and there that bothered me and it all added up to something mediocre. Did anyone not feel creeped out by Yuu's mom's sudden change in personality? That made me cringe. The quantum mumbo jumbo confused me even more.

Also got annoyed with this repetitive story of one soldier going down to kick Karasu's butt. Each of those soldiers keep saying "Oh this world is an illusion, Haruka is an illusion!"
Then Karasu would reply with "I gotta protect Haruka!"
And then Karasu would win and they would all become friends and they either die or stay in this world like nothing happened.

And I didn't feel anything with Yuu's love for Haruka, despite it being the main influence in this anime. Most of the time he was either depressed with his grades or hating on his future self. I saw barely any compassion or care towards her. I'm pretty sure someone has a sadder story than he does. That person could have been a better Noein.
Apr 21, 2018 11:36 AM

Nov 2009
The story/idea is amazing but the execution is very lacking. The ending was pretty abrupt and unsatisfying.

Disappointing because with such a strong start I thought this series would be one of my all-time faves...but alas.
May 6, 2018 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
'Twas a fun story with quite a few twists, but I feel that the show could have been fleshed out a lot more. Noein felt underwhelming, despite being a show about the fate of the multiverse. The scale of the conflict is unimaginably immense, but the most that was shown was Earth, the alternate future of Earth, and Shangri La. I felt like there was an opportunity to really go universal scale, or to somehow visually show what infinite dimensions look like, but as is it felt like a relatively middling show with a lot of big ideas. The fight scenes are fluid and dynamic, even despite of the drops in art detail during those scenes. The ideas are fun to bounce around and ponder about, especially since the character of Yu was presented as both hero and villain in multiple forms. There were the pieces here for something really, really mind bending, but I think it fell short not by doing anything wrong, but by not doing enough. Really wanted to see this show push itself further.
May 14, 2018 6:00 AM

Dec 2015
Episode: ?

5/5

Overall:
A poignant friendship story untertwined with a grandiose sci-fi plot about parallele worlds and time-travel. This offers an interesting and effective mix of grand and personal scales.
The design is pretty and the animation good even if you considere some flaws in certain episodes. The battle scenes are very stylish and impressives despite the extensive use of CGI during them.
Direction-wise, it is pretty good and has a certain style too (a double edge quality:you'll notice a questionable extensive usage of "whirlwind camera" shots for example).

Score: 9/10
I waited for a long time to watch it (saw the announcement trailer back in the days then had to wait 3 years for external reasons) but it was more than worth it.
Feb 21, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2008
After rewatching I have to say I don't like this anime as much as I used to, I find more problems than i did when first seeing it a decade ago. Character development was lacking really beyond Haruka and Yuu with too much whining all around. L'Cryma (sp?) was very underdeveloped and I think that the scientists could have been cut completely, found them to be a waste of time. Even Haruka's father wasn't given much to do despite the hype he was given.

I suppose I'll give a 7 though, drop from the original 8, was decent enough if nothing spectacular. Won't need to see again though.
Mar 1, 2019 10:37 PM
Oct 2017
Honestly, while I really liked this anime a few things bothered me about it. Towards the end of the series and even in this episode, a few things don't properly get wrapped up or answered like if Haruka's Mother and Father have that final call or if Haruka sees Karasu like they said they would see each other in 15 years. Not to mention when everyone is going back to the future Kosagi just doesn't get a scene when disappearing, and Atori's way of going out kinda cheeses me too because I would like to see his big brother relationship further expand with present or future Miho. To add onto that, Yuu has a father in this series but he's never shown and from my knowledge only mentioned twice. From Yuu's family life it would make sense if his father was more involved with his school choices and how his mother acts, but I guess not.

Also hearing the characters say quantum in almost every other sentence gets a little draining and confusing, maybe it was only the subs that had this. I would have to watch the dub to find out.

I do love the characters, however. The reason I gave this a higher rating than what I would have is mostly because they're really interesting and likable, I found I got attached to them easily.

This show is worth watching in my opinion despite the few loose strings, they're only a few details that I am getting high strung over.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 11 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

12 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 6, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 7 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Mar 14, 2009

9 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 4 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

11 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 4, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 12 Discussion

Drkness19 - Apr 15, 2009

10 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 8 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.