Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2009 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
Jigoku-n3ko said:
yay, Mao *is* alive! doesn't make up for taking away Yin but it's something...

i have to agree with the theory that Hei wants to kill some other woman and not Yin. In his flashback he doesn't seem angry when he reaches for her and--it pains me to say--it doesn't look like she's alive anymore. *snif*

anyhow, chances of Hei surviving this sequel are dropping radically.i just can't see any happy end when he's such a mess...

I keep my hopes for Yin. If Mao is back so will Yin be somehow. (I hope a lot about this).
DeathReaper said:
Woah! Hei lost his powers! Suou became a contractor! Mao is still alive! And Hei wants to kill Yin (at least thats what the BSS Subs said...)No wait the subs said ' Yin...I..., I will kill "her" '. I dont think by 'her' he means Yin, Hei probably means someone else!

AAAAAARGH cant wait to watch episode 4!

Yeah that is great! People can use as reference to clarify. The confusion. There is a woman who did something bad to Yin and all Yin fans will unite to get her when they know who. Wonder if it is that Madame Oreille (that means ear since I am French) who did it? She looks suspicious.
francismeunierOct 23, 2009 8:39 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
Woah! Hei lost his powers! Suou became a contractor! Mao is still alive! And Hei wants to kill Yin (at least thats what the BSS Subs said...)No wait the subs said ' Yin...I..., I will kill "her" '. I dont think by 'her' he means Yin, Hei probably means someone else!

AAAAAARGH cant wait to watch episode 4!
AozureOct 23, 2009 8:32 AM
Oct 23, 2009 8:32 AM
Feb 2009
MAO IS ALIVEEEE. :B Hurray for bringing back one of my favorite characters~

B-but Nika is deaaaaad. (Kinda was expecting him to die, but that was a HORRIBLE way to do it. D: )
Oct 23, 2009 8:38 AM

Apr 2009
Wth, moe points XD
Hei likes slapping girls, apparently.

And I was wrong about Mao being completely dead, I guess. But right about Suou getting contractor abilities and Hei losing his xD And lol, Hei looks like a caveman.

Nooo, Nika's probably dead D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 23, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
Not a bad episode,despite having no powers Hei is still able to save the day and yay for Mao being back and July joining the party.
R.I.P Nika,i liked your character but this time you really asked for it:you don't go after Tanya after being INSECTED twice.
Oct 23, 2009 8:59 AM

Oct 2009
I still can't believe Hei lost his power.. but hte way he just kept going was sweet barely made him flinch
"Once more unto the breach"
Shakespeare

"A cat will look down to a man. A dog will look up to a man. But a pig will look you straight in the eye and see his equal."
Winston Churchill
Oct 23, 2009 9:37 AM
Jun 2008
as hei is one of my favorite characters in anime..i really hope he gets back to normal..at least stop the drinking and SHAVE man.
Oct 23, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
No way! That look... didn't Suou kinda look like... Yin?O.o
Oh well I don't mind if I'm wrong, but it will give me some consolation until we get to know more xD...
Oh I see what they did there

OP's still great, but this show currently lacks som abingdon boys school, since that's kinda what defined this series by the first season xD
Oh well, maybe they make up for that with an awesome story instead : D

Never mind that, I realized the ED is by them... What I meant was that it lacks an OP made by them : D

Mao's back : D Cool

Awww Hei's power's gone D: That ought to have been quite a shocking surprise for him : o
So he's a regular hobo with a gun right now?x)
Oh well, as they mentioned on the phone, his star (or his sister's more specifically) disappeared and did not fall, so most likely he'll regain his (or his sister's more specifically) power later on.

Oh man, Nika ain't smart, really, tch fool.

So who were the twins? And the other one in the car?

Ehhh~?xD Lawl that's a funny new power Suou got there ain't it?xD

Anyhow, Kirihara's in trouble, yes/no?

OH I see! Now I get it, I was getting confused over people mentioning stuff about Hei having killed or wanting to kill Yin, since he said so, apparantly, but my thought on that sentence (according to BSS subs), he said "I. Yin. I will kill 'her.'", where "her" most likely refers to someone who Hei blames for what happened to Yin... Sounds quite reasonable if you ask me (I know, no one has asked me D: )
So now then... I want mah Yin, nao! D:
OosranOct 23, 2009 11:37 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 23, 2009 9:48 AM

Dec 2008
Awesome episode as always.

Hei is hot.
Oct 23, 2009 9:57 AM

Apr 2009
I'm particulary interested in thesecond season, since it's about Russia (and I'm Russian).

But damn, that would be an ideal world if Russians spoke Japanese instead of Russian xDD And CLOTHES! There's no way we'd wear such light clothes in winter! It's more like early autumn.

Um.. I've read some comments.. and does everyone find it normal that Hei's almost harassing Suou? xD First he touched her boob, then got her naked. Jeez, we have seen him barely touch anyone adult in the first season, and here he's abusing a little girl, pervert xD

(Makes me wonder maybe Suou'll fall in love with Hei or Kirihara will meet him, and there'll FINALLY be some romance D: A good detective/mystery story is not perfect without romance! xD)

I'm sorry about Nika.. he was nice... Actually, his type of a man is like one in a million in Russia. (Long story why)

I hope Hei cuts his hair T_T He's like an alcoholic who hasn't bathed in a long while.

July's a good boy to join them. And it's cool to see Mao again! And I wonder what happened to Yin...
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 23, 2009 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
LenaleeMelodee said:
But damn, that would be an ideal world if Russians spoke Japanese instead of Russian xDD

No offence but the Russian language sound like shite so personally I'm very glad the stick to Japanese ;)

Glad Mao's been confirmed, and the form of a flying squirrel none the less =P
Wonder how he feel about that one after being a cat for so long^^

I hope Hei gets his powers back soon, luckily for him he was kick ass before he became a contractor, so even without the abilities he got the strength and wit to take out all nameless goons and supporting bad guys :P

Not so sure about Suou's awakening though, first off that rifle is fugly and ridiculously large. Plus it doesn't seems to be any more powerful than the real thing, quite weak power imo.
Also don't this remind you very much of a certain vampire hunting sniper girl with a very similar looking gun?^^
Oct 23, 2009 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
LenaleeMelodee said:
then got her naked.

Well, thing is, he didn't, she did herself to dry her clothes, she also took of some of Hei's clothes to dry them. All of this while Hei was unconcious.

EternalDreamer said:
I hope Hei gets his powers back soon, luckily for him he was kick ass before he became a contractor, so even without the abilities he got the strength and wit to take out all nameless goons and supporting bad guys :P

He just has to get used to fighting without his power, after having used it for so long : p
OosranOct 23, 2009 10:22 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 23, 2009 10:21 AM

Jul 2009
Incredible Episode
Oct 23, 2009 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Is it just me, or are there far too many characters being introduced for a 12 episode series. Sadly, this series has resorted to using twins for whatever reason.

I hope that that "her" Hei is referring to is Kirihara, because that would make for an interesting plot.

It doesn't seem like Hei should have had any problem killing Tanya, even without his powers. He is the black reaper, just shoot or strangle her.

Mao was a squirrel as I predicted, but I still think the explanation of his memories is suspect.

Next weeks episode looks a little weird.
Oct 23, 2009 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
orangerevenge said:
Is it just me, or are there far too many characters being introduced for a 12 episode series.

Although they seem to be killing them off quite efficiently, so no problems detected there xD
Oct 23, 2009 10:30 AM

Mar 2009
Im REALLY curious who he means with " her" .

The episode was awesome though , I liked the scene when she became a contractor and starts shooting everyone with her huge rifle.
Oct 23, 2009 10:39 AM

May 2009
Yay fo Souou! She is gonna be more interesting now! :D

And I really like that new look of Hei. xd

good ep.
Oct 23, 2009 10:56 AM

Sep 2007
And to think this is only 12 episodes. There's a lot of information circulating in this series. I'm assuming the stone increases her abilities to allow her to summon a rifle but her real ability being able to track down targets easily as shown in the episode when she was taking instructions from July. Lolzwut at Mao being in Pecha too.

lulz at slayer5... I mean francismeniur.
WasabiOct 23, 2009 11:03 AM
Oct 23, 2009 11:04 AM
Jul 2008
AWESOME episode! I loved it!
Oct 23, 2009 11:16 AM

May 2009
Another great episode. Lots of stuff happened in this one.
Oct 23, 2009 11:20 AM

Apr 2008
Badass episode. I don't know why but I'm resembling Hei to Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4) a lot, and with Suou's awakening the first thing that came to my mind was: Sniper Wolf now!

Anyway, I'm loving this. There was really a lot of movement in here and I just laughed at Mao's new body. Finally its confirmed he didnt died in the first season.

For now I wanna see how July will go with Hei's team and what happened between Hei and Yin T^T
Oct 23, 2009 11:32 AM

Sep 2009
HURAH MAO IS ALIVE! Mao was awsome. Im curious what happened to Yin even more now. Mmm they need to clarify Suo's power a bit more. Well its only been one episode with it out so I didnt expect an explanation right away anyways. Damn this is turning out to be awesome.
Oct 23, 2009 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
HAH!!! to all those who said Mao wasn't alive.
Oct 23, 2009 11:42 AM
Jul 2008
Idk if it was the subs I watched, or did anyone else notice that when Hei was first talking to Mao, Mao said something like he's "with her" ?
Oct 23, 2009 11:52 AM

Feb 2008
MAOOOO~ Glad to see he's back... But he's a flying squirrel now. Lol. If Mao comes back, hopefully Yin will too. What happened to heeeer? D:

And Nika's death was terrible. O_O
Oct 23, 2009 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
spiritwave said:
Idk if it was the subs I watched, or did anyone else notice that when Hei was first talking to Mao, Mao said something like he's "with her" ?

Mao was with Suou, yes.
Oct 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Mar 2008
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Suou!!!!!!!!!!!! ktkr!
Oct 23, 2009 12:19 PM

May 2009
It will be the worst show if he will not be with Yin or with Suou(when she grows up ofc just like in Phantom with that little girl after 2 years she was realy sexy :D )
But i saw that a sidestory is in production and will show us what happend to Yin :( i dont think that HeixYin will be possible in this anime :(
RacuOct 23, 2009 12:22 PM
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 23, 2009 12:28 PM

Dec 2008
MAO! <3
Glad to see he's back since he was my favourite character after Hei from last season. I LOL every time I see him talking out of the flying squirrel, though xD His black cat look was definitely more dignified.

I have to agree about the number of characters this series has so far o_o; It seems that every time I figure out who the hell someone is, they get killed off, which makes me forget about them in the end.

The fanservice is also a bit annoying so far, but it's still tolerable.

As for the episode itself, I liked it. Suou with the giant gun-thing was pretty cool, in combination with July, but I do miss seeing Hei kick ass with his electricity. I'm still a bit confused as to just who everyone is, what "side" everyone is on, what people's motivations are, etc. Again, it doesn't help that there are about a dozen different characters to keep track of so far. Oh well, I'll figure it out all later >.>
Oct 23, 2009 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
What have they done to my precious DTB ;_;
Hei the drunkard is cool, new contractors are interesting but ffs why there is any kind of maho shojo and magical sniper rifles?! Who needs Pinker than Pink? I want my Darker Than Black back!
Oct 23, 2009 12:31 PM
Jul 2008
Oosran said:
spiritwave said:

Mao was with Suou, yes.
I see, after rewatching it I noticed Hei looked toward Suou when it was said. The way Mao said he came to give hei new orders made me think it could be Amber for some reason or someone else, so that's what confused me.
Oct 23, 2009 12:52 PM

Oct 2009
I don't know about you guys ,but I really like Suoh/Hei in this. I miss Yin alot as well and I have a feeling that the blonde woman (Madame) has to do something with Yin...
I prefer old Hei, but I think that he's OK now, just need some time to get used to him though WITHOUT his power (must be a pain for him xD)
I'm really happy that Mao is back and I think that it's really funny how he's a squirrel now xD
I like Suoh's weapon now and I found that the July/Suho combo is EPIC ^^
It's kind of funny to see Hei with 2 kids & a squirrel around, plus he seems to be like a lolicon now xD (which I like , yup I'm weird :p)
Oct 23, 2009 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
People. You're focusing on the wrong part of the sniper rifle business.

Ignore the sparkles and how it gets there. IT PUNCHES HOLES IN STUFF. LIKE PEOPLE.
Oct 23, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2008
when i saw Nika being killed i was happy i thought he was just an annoyance anyways this was an awesome episode, i hope it keeps up this pace throughout the rest of the series.
Oct 23, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
JonathanDC said:
People. You're focusing on the wrong part of the sniper rifle business.

Ignore the sparkles and how it gets there. IT PUNCHES HOLES IN STUFF. LIKE PEOPLE.

QFT
Oct 23, 2009 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
OH MAO THE SQUIRREL THING!

Anyway, I'm diggin this. I do miss the old ways, but I am still enjoying pretty much everything they're giving. I like the red head a tad more now and awh little July is in the house! I hope Yin isn't dead, that will really bring me down here.
Oct 23, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
so suou is also a contractor, one who summons a giant rifle! but i wonder what exactly happened to hei's power?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 23, 2009 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so suou is also a contractor, one who summons a giant rifle! but i wonder what exactly happened to hei's power?

It got sucked up into the meteor core (although I dunno why), apparantly it works like a sponge : D
Oct 23, 2009 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
Anti-Tank rifle just killed me while watching the show... xD
Oct 23, 2009 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
No one else here happy for the change from the "two-episodic nature" season one had and over to this continuous story?
Oct 23, 2009 1:59 PM

Mar 2009
So far so good!
Still, I'm missing the good old Hei (Shaving, haircut, badass fighting style...)
Oct 23, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
Deathpal said:
Still, I'm missing the good old Hei (Shaving, haircut, badass fighting style...)

Yeah, gotta miss the old Hei...but I'm sure we'll be seeing him back in style sooner or later. That being said, an amazing episode I thought.
Oct 23, 2009 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
I don't think that he'll change his look in this season (maybe he does if he sees Yin or Misaki again xD), but maybe he'll be back in his old style in the OVAs...
Oct 23, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I have big gun, took it from my chest.

^sorry bout that
Oct 23, 2009 2:40 PM

Aug 2007
well Kirihara appears.. one of the better episodes so far
Oct 23, 2009 2:56 PM

Sep 2007
Veggen said:
No one else here happy for the change from the "two-episodic nature" season one had and over to this continuous story?

I'm totally digging the change. I didn't like the separate arcs style in the first season very much.
Oct 23, 2009 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
So Mao... is still alive. That was shocking. I thought he died in season one. Oh well, I guess I'm glad that he's still alive (sort of).

Anyways, this episode was good only because of the Kirihara part. Good to see her having more screen time :)

But I wasn't express with Suou being such a brainless idiot. It took her that long to realize that she was in a life or death situation? This isn't the DTB that I know.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 23, 2009 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
The little girl is getting really irritating. I wish she'd just stay in her unconscious form. It was just awesome with that rifle. July being the only remnant of November, I hope he doesn't die. Then Hei's back to his original Reaper form.
Oct 23, 2009 3:30 PM

Apr 2007
So now August really is dead. How disappointing...
Idk this was kind of a lousy episode imo, I just didn't enjoy it. Too much was going on and now all of a sudden July will be traveling with Hei? I'm perfectly fine with the latter, but it was just too random. Oh well at least Genma's group is very amusing.
Oct 23, 2009 3:46 PM

Jan 2009
So, apparently Hei hates Yin now.......I;m sure we'll see why pretty soon. And anyone notice all the bodies in the background with Yin? Looked like a pretty big fight.

So far, I;m liking the new season, but I miss the old Hei, hopefully he'll be back and Mao will go back to being a cat, I don't really like the Sugar Glider or Flying Squirrel he is.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.