Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 25, 2009 3:50 AM

Apr 2009
"LenaleeMelodee" said:
Is it fanart or the actual manga?

It's a fanart. The manga has different plot and different style. But the art is extremely good as for a fanart :3

I hope Hei stops drinking.
Oct 25, 2009 5:09 AM

Mar 2009
This Suou girl is completely useless.. She failed to kill with that rifle of hers even one contractor, and she keeps crying and bitching all the time. I hope she doesn't slow Hei down and stop him from killing his enemies.

As far as i'm concerned, she makes it to my top 3 worst anime characters list, along with Raki from Claymore and Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night.

I hope she gets better cause it's sad to have such a crybaby useless character in a badass anime like Darker than Black
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Oct 25, 2009 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was good. Hooray for Mao's return. And he's a cuter critter at that. And really Hei needs to shave. So much for the "energetic youth" I was liking in Suou. At least her power's badass. *lolfanservice* And Nika... what a way to die. I was hoping there could be a chance between him and Tanya. Boohoo Tanya.
Oct 25, 2009 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
WTF ? Hei's powers >:
Oct 25, 2009 8:02 AM
Aug 2008
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Hey guys, I just thought about something..
Hei is still a contractor, because he was able to see the spector (sp?) which was fallowing them (unless he knew about it's presense when Suou asked him about it...) so I was thinking that his powers are still there, he just can't use them anymore...
I don't know if you get the idea..

But he didn't see it, the girl did and made a comment about it. Hei figured out what it was from what she said, but he didn't actually see it.

This season, while not bad, is starting to become a little too cliche.
Oct 25, 2009 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I don't hate Suou that much. Besides, I know that she's almost useless for now, but I also understand why se reacted like a crybaby...
Imagine that your dad gets killed (and the assassin is right infront of you), your brother suddenly disappears, that a close adult for you get also killed (Bella, or April to be exact) and that your friends don't remeber you and the one who remebers you want to kill you...
I don't blame her for acting like this, but I think that she'll stop her bitching now because she has a goal to achieve.
Although I really didn't like it when she started saying that Hei would kill his beloved one with no hesitation and I think that she deserved the slap..
Oct 25, 2009 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
I don't know about you guys, but I don't hate Suou that much. Besides, I know that she's almost useless for now, but I also understand why se reacted like a crybaby...
Imagine that your dad gets killed (and the assassin is right infront of you), your brother suddenly disappears, that a close adult for you get also killed (Bella, or April to be exact) and that your friends don't remeber you and the one who remebers you want to kill you...
I don't blame her for acting like this, but I think that she'll stop her bitching now because she has a goal to achieve.
Although I really didn't like it when she started saying that Hei would kill his beloved one with no hesitation and I think that she deserved the slap..

Agree with every word of your post ^^

She's actually a pretty strong girl. Any other girl would throw a fit. But she really went too far when she told Hei that. Hei's suffered a lot more than she did.

But I guess they kinda suit each other. Suou's like the total opposite of Hei. And I'm pretty sure Hei will change his appearance sooner or later, because creators surely don't want to lose fans xD
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 25, 2009 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
Darker than black season 2 is... not as good as I expected. First and second episodes were pretty good, but this one was a mess. That extra large weapon coming out of the cristal and pink petals... It reminded me of sailor moon transformation. Hei without his powers and sexiness makes things even worse. He was so cute and handsome in the first season that seeing him now like this is making me cry. His clothes were ugly in this episode. I still hope that someone will make him shave and cut his hair. Oh, and why the f*** is Mao that ugly flying rat? The black cat in first season is just what DARKER THAN BLACK needs. It suited perfectly! And now! I was waiting and wanting for this so much but it looks like I won't get what I want. I want the old Hei, some good story and at least GOOD graphic. Second season looks really messy for me. At least right now. And the preview didn't show anything good. It looks like next episode is going to be a crap again. I'll hope and pray for better episodes T_T
Oct 25, 2009 10:17 AM

Sep 2009
kodial said:
This Suou girl is completely useless.. She failed to kill with that rifle of hers even one contractor, and she keeps crying and bitching all the time. I hope she doesn't slow Hei down and stop him from killing his enemies.

As far as i'm concerned, she makes it to my top 3 worst anime characters list, along with Raki from Claymore and Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night.

I hope she gets better cause it's sad to have such a crybaby useless character in a badass anime like Darker than Black

Useless? Whether or not she killed them, she kept three of them at bay, which is saying something in itself, seeing as Hei was at such a standstill with only one of them when he had his powers.

That's far from useless now, in my opinion. Seeing as she was actually useless when she had no powers, she's made a bit of an improvement. I'm sure if Hei hadn't stopped her so they could flee, Tanya would be dead and so would that other contractor who Suou shot directly. The guy who covers himself in metal. Blame Hei for her "uselessness".

And I think she has the right to gripe/be sad a bit. I mean, look at all the people close to her who's died. :L She's just an average middle schooler who just became a contractor and started going through all this.
Oct 25, 2009 10:36 AM
Oct 2009
maybe Hei's powers was assigned by Suo?((
Oct 25, 2009 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
Suou's gun is nice, lol. And well good that Hei is there that much. I hope it won't take too long for us to see Yin. Not sure if she's dead tho.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 25, 2009 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
Getting interesting
Oct 25, 2009 4:56 PM

Apr 2007
DAMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2009 6:54 PM

Mar 2009
I prefer Mao the cat more >_>

Oct 25, 2009 7:05 PM

Apr 2007
Well damn, I was hoping that Mao wouldn't end up being the squirrel.

Aside from that disappointment though, the rest of the episode was enjoyable.
Oct 25, 2009 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
*joins in on the Suou convo* I thought she was kind of useless as the crybaby. I mean, any one with brains would know that Tanya has changed into someone else by her erratic behavior. Yet, Suou kept mindlessly believing that her friend would never do something like that. Because of her stupidity, she got Nika killed. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be so quickly to judge contractor Suou. Though she did fail to kill the other contractors, keep in mind that killing contractors is very difficult, especially if you are a novice (Suou) and your opponents happen be very experienced contractors (well, they act like experience ones at least). It's pretty impressive to keep them at bay.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 25, 2009 8:23 PM

May 2008
im starting to hate suou more and more with each episode. I liked season 1 b/c there wasnt some annoying 13 year old with crying problems. Im liking season 2 less and less. Yin isnt here and we have a annoying girl to replace her.
Oct 26, 2009 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
Wow O_O why would Hei want to kill Yin? And Suou has become a contractor =O although a lot of characters were also revealed this time round like the twin doll sisters O_O and July joins Hei's team :3
Oct 26, 2009 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
KDJAL;JFD;LAJ MAAOOOOO~ <3
I was so happy to see him again.

I don't think Hei's "I will kill her" was referring to Yin.

Also, all these factions are confusing me. I can't really figure out which faction is doing what and who's allied with who. Kirihara bores me. The less there is of her, the better imo. Hopefully, her story won't take up too much in the later episodes.
amayadoriOct 26, 2009 2:34 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 26, 2009 12:33 PM

Apr 2008
Suou + Mahou Shoujo Transfo = BFG!!!
Oct 26, 2009 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode, Hei lost his powers, I did not get at first why he was using guns, until I remembered the start. Mao being naked and Hei on top of her was way off the radar for me, its almost as if Hei is potrayed as a Hentai in that bit. However nevertheless the episode was really good. I can't believe Nika (sp?) got killed by her, man that was sad. I was growing with that character, such poignancy felt with his death and reluctance to let his girlfriend go. Next episode hopefully more gets explained, especially with Yin.
Oct 26, 2009 4:55 PM
Jun 2008
Why many people need to die in this anime? Well, it's Darker than Black after all =P

About the episode: It was pretty enjoyable to watch it. Let me list some highlights:
- Hei & Shion ♥
- Nika dies >.<
- The DtB Fanbook showed in the preview of the next episode (Do want *-*)
Oct 26, 2009 6:57 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode again. Man, that was sad. Nika died. With no power, we got to see Hei using gun this time and wore different outfit than the usual white polo in S1 for casual dress. Another things, he's hot in ponytail. :3
Oct 26, 2009 11:14 PM

May 2009
That really sucks for Nika, what a way to go... Hope Hei gets his powers back soon but damn Suou becoming a contractor and pulling out the tank rifle and shooting wherever July told her to was an awesome scene!

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Oct 27, 2009 12:53 AM
Nov 2008
Another great episode ! Lots of confusing things though...

What does that pendant thingie have to do with Hei losing it's power and with Suou awakening?

What is the story with Yin ?

Well...definitely much more fan-service than before...but...hell..w00t..Hei naked !!! [ well almost..]
Oct 27, 2009 2:56 AM

Jun 2008
Homunkulas said:
Darker than black season 2 is... not as good as I expected. First and second episodes were pretty good, but this one was a mess. That extra large weapon coming out of the cristal and pink petals... It reminded me of sailor moon transformation. Hei without his powers and sexiness makes things even worse. He was so cute and handsome in the first season that seeing him now like this is making me cry. His clothes were ugly in this episode. I still hope that someone will make him shave and cut his hair. Oh, and why the f*** is Mao that ugly flying rat? The black cat in first season is just what DARKER THAN BLACK needs. It suited perfectly! And now! I was waiting and wanting for this so much but it looks like I won't get what I want. I want the old Hei, some good story and at least GOOD graphic. Second season looks really messy for me. At least right now. And the preview didn't show anything good. It looks like next episode is going to be a crap again. I'll hope and pray for better episodes T_T

AAA!!! The depths of the teenage female mind. Second season is not good because Hei doesn't look sexy enough.
Oct 27, 2009 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
WTH was that weapon ? So long and heavy doesnt suits for a little girl. She better use double pistol hmm maybe double pink desert eagle. LoL

I like Hei's hairstyle but he really should shave his beard... Wondering what happened to Yin...
Oct 27, 2009 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
Another great episode ! Love it!!!
Oct 28, 2009 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Hey guys, I just thought about something..
Hei is still a contractor, because he was able to see the spector (sp?) which was fallowing them (unless he knew about it's presense when Suou asked him about it...) so I was thinking that his powers are still there, he just can't use them anymore...
I don't know if you get the idea..

Basically it's strange because if I remember correctly his star disappeared, which is why kirihara was all sad, because she thought he could be dead. I'm thinking like others that Suō's real ability is going to be stealing other contractors powers and returning them to being just human again. She's going to be something of a super contractor it appears so far. Can't wait to see who dies next. (Still hoping it's Kirihara, at Hei's hands after he sleeps with her of course. Maybe during orgasm he could accedently get his powers back and electrocute her. That would be epic.
Oct 28, 2009 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
Another great episode. Suou just went up a few points. What a kick-ass power she's got now O_o Hei looks really badass with his ponytail and scruffy look. Probably one of the better anime this season if things go right.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 29, 2009 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
Sami092 said:
Great episode, Hei lost his powers, I did not get at first why he was using guns, until I remembered the start. Mao Suou being naked and Hei on top of her was way off the radar for me, its almost as if Hei is potrayed as a Hentai in that bit. However nevertheless the episode was really good. I can't believe Nika (sp?) got killed by her, man that was sad. I was growing with that character, such poignancy felt with his death and reluctance to let his girlfriend go. Next episode hopefully more gets explained, especially with Yin.
Fixed. And yep, that scene had me wtf for a while. But Hei's good, no harm done.
Oct 29, 2009 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
Why is everybody talking about Hei's Power? I think i saw him using his electricity in episode 3. Can someone explain it to me? Can't he use them at all, or just a little bit, or did he totally lose them?
huznmeOct 29, 2009 2:01 AM
Oct 29, 2009 6:06 AM

Jun 2008
huznme said:
Why is everybody talking about Hei's Power? I think i saw him using his electricity in episode 3. Can someone explain it to me? Can't he use them at all, or just a little bit, or did he totally lose them?

No he didn't use electricity. He can't use his powers at all. Now if he completely lost them or he just can't make them come out, is still a mystery. Although it does seem like he lost them.
Oct 29, 2009 9:37 AM

Oct 2009
rainji1234 said:
Oosran said:

Huh.. Oh well, sure, welcome to the community, I guess?
And.. I dunno really, I just somehow find it funny, can't put it into words, it just is..
And holy ! you actually read all those previous posts from the first 2 episodes? O.O

Yes, I do. I like this show so much that I want to know what others think about it.

don't worry, I do the same :p we newbs have to stick together, eh?

on topic:

I actually finished watching the first season, and Hei most of the time uses his electricity as a finishing move, so the shameless performance on the train station was absolutely unnessecary =(
Oct 29, 2009 4:03 PM

Oct 2009
jus makin it clear yin aint dead yet hei said he wants to kill her.
but still how comes ppl are saying hei dosnt have his powers when he electricuted april.. didnt he??? and how did he get out of that field, was it the meteor shard??
im getting the idea now that its the shard that makes people contractors which is why it is so important right??? so many questions lol.... any answers
Reccomend me an anime =P
Oct 29, 2009 4:06 PM

Jan 2009
Shifty_08 said:
but still how comes ppl are saying hei dosnt have his powers when he electricuted april.. didnt he??? and how did he get out of that field, was it the meteor shard??
im getting the idea now that its the shard that makes people contractors which is why it is so important right??? so many questions lol.... any answers

No really, you're way off.
Hei wants to kill "someone" for what happened to Yin, but we don't know what happened yet.
He had his powers when April died.. He "lost" them in the force field, due to an unknown reason which isn't really explained either, and yes the meteor shard most likely had something to do with getting out of the field.
And I don't know really about the shard and it's purpose : > I'm too tired to think back about it right now xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 29, 2009 6:31 PM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
I actually finished watching the first season, and Hei most of the time uses his electricity as a finishing move, so the shameless performance on the train station was absolutely unnessecary =(

Hei still has an excuse for doing poorly that episode; he lacked his coat and mask of badassery. That alone consists of half his power. :P

In all seriousness, his lack of being bulletproof like usual kind of impeded his killing the dozens of automatic-toting Ruskies.

No matter, new episode tomorrow if BSS keeps up the pattern of releases. *can't wait* Want to see what happens badly. XD
JonathanDCOct 29, 2009 6:36 PM
Oct 30, 2009 1:09 AM

Oct 2009
Is it me who only thinks that Yin is still trapped somewhere in Hell's Gate diminsions, and Hei wants to get the Meteor Core to bring her back in someway..?
Cuz i dont remember actually seeing Yin die. He was screeming "yiin" and stuff and caught her hand in the last episode. They were there in the real world after the dream, and in the last minutes she just disappeared.
Oct 30, 2009 6:46 AM

Jun 2008
JonathanDC said:
Monad said:

Hei still has an excuse for doing poorly that episode; he lacked his coat and mask of badassery. That alone consists of half his power. :P

In all seriousness, his lack of being bulletproof like usual kind of impeded his killing the dozens of automatic-toting Ruskies.

No matter, new episode tomorrow if BSS keeps up the pattern of releases. *can't wait* Want to see what happens badly. XD

WTF!!!!?????? I never said such a thing!! Where did you found that and how does my name got in frond of it?
I finished the first season a long time ago and i certainly don't remember if it was a finishing move or not.

This is what i really said about the matter.

Monad said:

Hei isn't that badass with out his powers but i believe, the fact that he didn't knew he lost them had a part in it. If he knew he would have been better prepared and would have kicked ass a lot better.

JonathanDC what have you been smoking?
Nov 1, 2009 7:08 AM

Oct 2009
Good stuff. I thought Episode 1 was awesome but Episode 2 was going in the wrong direction... but I think things are back on track now with Epsiode 3.

It would indeed be a shame to see if he loses his powers for too long.. we'll have to wait and see, and on that note I need to go get Episode 4 ^____^
Nov 2, 2009 5:16 AM

May 2008
lol for the magical girl transformation
Nov 2, 2009 11:35 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Shifty_08 said:

No really, you're way off.
Hei wants to kill "someone" for what happened to Yin, but we don't know what happened yet.
He had his powers when April died.. He "lost" them in the force field, due to an unknown reason which isn't really explained either, and yes the meteor shard most likely had something to do with getting out of the field.
And I don't know really about the shard and it's purpose : > I'm too tired to think back about it right now xD

Ohh i see know thanks Oozran
Reccomend me an anime =P
Nov 2, 2009 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
JonathanDC said:
Monad said:

WTF!!!!?????? I never said such a thing!! Where did you found that and how does my name got in frond of it?
I finished the first season a long time ago and i certainly don't remember if it was a finishing move or not.

This is what i really said about the matter.

Monad said:

Hei isn't that badass with out his powers but i believe, the fact that he didn't knew he lost them had a part in it. If he knew he would have been better prepared and would have kicked ass a lot better.

JonathanDC what have you been smoking?

XDD Syene said that, I believe.

behold the power of my evil 666th post
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 3, 2009 6:03 AM

Dec 2007
That episode was certainly interesting with Hei losing his powers and Suou becoming a contractor, also Kirihara is finally getting involved too. I'm still curious as to what actually happened to Yin, well I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.....hopefully.
Nov 4, 2009 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
I loved the music in this episode. Especially that reused beat that they used for the OP in episode 1.
Nov 6, 2009 11:51 AM
Apr 2009
Jigoku-n3ko said:

anyhow, chances of Hei surviving this sequel are dropping radically.i just can't see any happy end when he's such a mess...

I agree, I get the feeling that Hei's last stand will be at the end of this sequel ;_; ...
Nov 10, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
How 'bout dickgirls at DTB?
Nov 16, 2009 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Is it normal to be able to see those observation things from dolls when she wasn't a contractor yet? Anyways, I'm sure Suou must have more up her sleeve. I'm glad this show isn't turning out like my worst fears, of a super happy girl with a nice life meeting up with Hei and still being perfectly normal. Yay for supernatural drama. Superior to real life drama.

Nov 16, 2009 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
Nov 30, 2009 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
Hei losing his power is just too much. The whole point of the ending of the first season was how Hei could be both human and contractor. I wonder why this had to happen. T_T

I don't really get how Mao can be back, after his lifeline was disconnected at the end of the first season. How the heck did he end up as the squirrel?

And is Nika really dead? If yes that's so ridiculously sad. He was such a nice boy. This second season just loves killing people.
At least Hei stopped Suou from killing Tanya. But why did he give no explanation for killing Suou's father? There has to be some reason.

Ugh, I don't like Hei being emo! I want an explanation of what happened with him and Yin. Can't the plot stop for just two minutes to explain what the heck is going on with anything. -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.