Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 30, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
Nika's death was just brutal.

Hei lost his powers, and Suou gained some. So Mao is now in the squirrel, but that was kitty Mao that was killed....kitty violence is terrible.

And WTF happened to Yin?
Jun 21, 2016 9:29 PM

Feb 2016
It's been sad when the tanya killed the blond boy who was in love with her.
Jul 5, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2015

Yes! Mao is alive! Woohooo! I'll miss the black cat body but, he's alive!
So, Suou contract is a big ass sniper rifle, wow wow... that's new.
I assume Hei's powers got captured inside of the fragment meteor since his star did fade away instead of falling. But now, really, what happened with Yin? Not Even Mao knows and Hei saying he will kill her... Dude, stop drinking your problems away! >_<

This episode had a lot of violence and deaths! A lot of free violence I must say.
Amazing episode in any case.

cartoonartist said:
It's been sad when the tanya killed the blond boy who was in love with her.

Darker than Black once again making us feel sad over people dying because a contract... =(
Jul 14, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2010
Whoooa, did Nika seriously got eaten alive by some insects?! God worst death ever confirmed T^T But why was he even following Tanya after what she's done to him, normal guy would be scared away, sigh.

So glad that Mao is back, even if not in his cat form! Plus, July is a new teammate, that's unexpected huh. Why was he even in the first series again?

Magical weapon was kind of weeeird, but oh welp. I wonder if Suo's personality's gonna change now as well?
Dec 2, 2017 6:23 AM
Apr 2014
whaaat? Hei wants to kill Yin? maybe I actually should watch the OVA. That aside I'm kinda sad he lost his powers :( He had the best one after all. Hope he gets it back but I suppose that won't happen at all or at least not until they realize what the stone is Suou has.
Jan 2, 2021 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
That was a bit rough. I will say watching the OVAs before the Gemini was the good move for me when it came to understanding and taking Hei's character change a lot better compared to how I felt before, but the way Suou awakened her Contractor Powers felt comically out of place compared to the nature of the show and its tone, for a sec I thought this was a Shounen Jump anime. The episode as a whole felt pretty boring for me but now that they're going to Japan, let's see what the show has in store. Good music for the episode although I'm still not a fan of how the seasons changed the identity and styles of the music completely from jazz to techno.

Plus, don't like how the show just shows the same flashback frame of Yin over and over and over again to try and be suspenful and ambiguous, kind of gets annoying after some time.
Jan 4, 2021 1:29 PM
Apr 2016
She's a bit annoying with all her screaming. Her getting that gun also seemed silly to me. Contractors are bound to kill, making Hei not do it is only going to exacerbate the situation.
Feb 11, 2021 10:08 AM
Oct 2019
Just when I thought the twin girl couldn't get any worse, she pulls a damn gun out of her necklace thingy and starts shooting people

oy vey. this show isn't very good

i guess the doll died. that's sad
Apr 11, 2021 1:32 AM

May 2020
Being able to materialize weapons is pretty badass, depending on how it's used. Origami is a pretty small price to pay, relative to the power.

July joins Hei and Co, which is pretty cool. Misaki looks as fine as ever and is was demoted from her previous position. Looks like she'll be joining Section 3 to try and get closer to Hei.
Jul 5, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2020
Hei wants to kill Yin, eh? Bet it's a lie....
Aug 17, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2019
OMG WAIT, so many things happened.
Nika died, sadly Tanya didn't die, Suou became a contractor? Don't tell me all her emotions are gone as well, I hate this. Also MAOOOO. Don't know how to feel about that and what happened between Yin and Hei?!?! Can't wait to watch those 4 episodes. Now, to see where this season will go.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 5, 2021 7:01 PM

Aug 2018
Ooooh she became a contractor!

Still waiting on Misaki and Hei seeing eachother again... should be interesting...

Mar 3, 2023 5:01 PM

Dec 2022
Damn, this episode. Mao is alive, you love to see it. Hei might've turned angsty after whatever happened with/to Yin. And who's the MC, Hei or Suou? Hei now partnering up with the MI6 kid (July)? Kirihara still being a stalker?

Really interesting. It gets you hooked.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 26, 2023 10:26 PM
Jul 2021
Nailed!!!! I said this Pav something chick would become a contractor!!! Sh!t I'm becoming way too good at this sh!t (detecting things before hand!).

Also insert compulsory ped0 reference. Yeah that "comment" made by that contractor that can control steel/concrete, forgot his name. The comment about he falling "for that Prince" The Pav something chick brother, he's still believe she's a boy. 

And now one of the most mysterious characters of the first show, that creepy af little boy July will also be part of the team?! Well at least for a while.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 4, 2023 1:23 PM
Jul 2023
I was pleasently surprised that they played the power switch plot so wells
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Dawizz
Nailed!!!! I said this Pav something chick would become a contractor!!! Sh!t I'm becoming way too good at this sh!t (detecting things before hand!).

Also insert compulsory ped0 reference. Yeah that "comment" made by that contractor that can control steel/concrete, forgot his name. The comment about he falling "for that Prince" The Pav something chick brother, he's still believe she's a boy. 

And now one of the most mysterious characters of the first show, that creepy af little boy July will also be part of the team?! Well at least for a while.
@Dawizz
I meet your compulsory with impulsory - Loli daisuki heheh... Those goth twins man, oof, I am having flashbacks to Black Lagoon's twins (scary af but still hnnnggg)...

MAO IS ALIVE! Had me going man... I am glad he's okay.

Anybody notice the SS badge on Tonya's sleeve? When she was across the street from Nika I saw it and wondered if it was a direct reference or just a different meaning.

Edit: almost forgot! The girl's ridiculous screaming reminded me of the beginning of ET 2 by Filthy Frank lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OsRPWRJ7PY
GearheadOtakuNov 9, 2023 9:35 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.