Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 22, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
looks like Polnareff got himself in deep shit again
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 22, 2014 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, Polnareffland would be absolutely marvellous!

Just change the name of this series to Polnareff's Bizzare Adventures already. He's become the MC as it is anyway.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
4 episodes left? *cries*
Aug 22, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2013
b1GZZ said:
4 episodes left? *cries*

Don't worry it's only a 3 month break.
Aug 22, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Marzan said:
LOL, Polnareffland would be absolutely marvellous!

In Polnareffland there are many wonderful attractions: Ghost houses featuring zombies and dead, mutilated animals; a merry-go-round where you sit in giant toilet bowls and so much more!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 22, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2014
While reading the manga I didn't picture this fight at night, but it works
Aug 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the DUMBEST STAND BATTLE EVER.

I anxiously await the arguing in the forum that will commence when the second half hits.
Aug 22, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
Lindle said:

I anxiously await the arguing in the forum that will commence when the second half hits.

Yeah, it's a low point but it still gave us this AMV so I am willing to forgive Araki this slip.
In any case, after Judgement we should be done with the meh battles.
Aug 22, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2008
Polnareff, you idiot!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 22, 2014 3:07 PM
Dec 2013
Lindle said:

Dumb or not, the execution of this episode was pretty great. I guess DP is going all out in order to distract greenhorns for the upcoming bullshit.
Aug 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was well handled, I really love how they played up the drama of Polnareff's "wishes" being turned against him. I'm convinced that there is no way they could've adapted this bit better.

However because of how good this episode was, it does make me wonder if this will make the reception of the second half of Judgement worse. We'll have to wait till next week to find out.

Also sign me up for PolnareffLand as well :D. Free Stands for all whom attend (the manga readers will get a chuckle out of this).
Aug 22, 2014 3:33 PM

Apr 2010
Kinda a darker episode imo
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 22, 2014 3:47 PM
May 2014
The sister thing was a bit of a tear jerker, but I can't say I didn't expect it!

The 'genie' was obviously a stand but at least it does what it's told! Polnareff should just cling to the fact that he's rich, thoguh I bet he'll leave without the gold ^_^
Aug 22, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly? This episode was even better than the manga. The execution was splendid, utterly amazing. DP did bring back the design of 2012' version for Sherry, or it seems so ..?

I liked how they added some filler scenes of Sherry and Polnareff, they really made their reunion a lot more touching. Poor Polnareff, I feel bad for him.
Also, I think I've heard one or two soundtracks that I didn't hear in the latest album, looking forward to hear them in the future then, I kinda had Caesar's episode vibes.

HAIL TO YOU was hilarious and the animations were outstanding as always.

Expecting a lot of movement in the next episode's thread.
Aug 22, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2014
Very nice episode. The tone shift was handled nicely. Polnareff is a very soft person in the inside, which is his weakness. Cameo took his time to exploit that.

I always have a laugh when hearing about Polnareff's fantasies.

Got a bit sad when he started wishing to bring Sherry back to life.
The OST captured the emotional state of Polnareff very well, props to Kanno Yugo.

Can't wait for the next one.
Aug 22, 2014 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this episode was great. Had both hilarious and sad moments
Aug 22, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
Gosh that episode dragged on considering the very small amount of content it delivered. Really depressing stuff though :(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 22, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
It's starting to look like that the anime version will be better than the manga version, DP is really doing an amazing job.
Aug 22, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
great episode, wasn't expecting a Stand like that
Aug 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Polnareff, you're a great guy and all but you're not Rohan okay! You never will be so just back off man!

Anyway I heard that this was like a low point in part 3, but I dig it. I like how one second we're on a super serious mission to tell a man that his son died, and next Polnareff just finds a stand lamp and wacky shit happens.

Well this is just the first part, I'll reserve my full JUDGEMENT after it's over.

Aug 22, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2011
I agree that this was much better than expected. I don't hate Judgement from the manga, but it didn't exactly stick out. I see it as a transition point, and it's not really a terrible one. I was fine with the next 2 eps being mellow (after Death 13). But this episode made it seem like a beat hasn't been skipped and we're rolling right along though. Amazing stuff.
Aug 22, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
After not so good last episode, this episode was awsome. Polnareff focus episode is always the best in jojo part 3! Her sister revived turn into zombie & that stand is freaking OP but who is the user???? Avdol dad? Or some random dude....
Aug 22, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
me love those color changes and that bitch is a zombie!
Aug 23, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Kinda hoping Polnareff dies. He's way to gullible and stupid this episode and last episode definitely proved that to me.
Aug 23, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode,I really liked the color changes damn I missed them some much (and the posing).
Aug 23, 2014 8:00 AM
Dec 2013
Haytin said:
Kinda hoping Polnareff dies. He's way to gullible and stupid this episode and last episode definitely proved that to me.

Why would you wish for Part 3's protagonist to be killed?
Aug 23, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2009
Haytin said:

Get out. Polpol is perfection. Best crusader, easily.

Besides, while he may be an idiot, he's also managed a lot more successes than most of the other characters.
Aug 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
Lindle said:
Haytin said:

Besides, while he may be an idiot, he's also managed a lot more successes than most of the other characters.

If I ever get a pet turtle, I know what i'm going to name it.
Aug 23, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
Lindle said:
Haytin said:

Shame that those so called successes involved falling for them at first. Plus getting made to lick toilets and the list goes on. He's far from the most successful. If anything Kakyoin has that title
Aug 23, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
ThisNameBlows said:
Lindle said:

If I ever get a pet turtle, I know what i'm going to name it.

i c wut u did thar u lil shit

Darklight0303 said:
Lindle said:

Shame that those so called successes involved falling for them at first. Plus getting made to lick toilets and the list goes on. He's far from the most successful. If anything Kakyoin has that title

Kakyoin? The worst crusader, who won all of two fights in the whole series, and CONSTANTLY forgot what his superpower was? Like, if he used Heirophant Green for anything other than bursts of Emerald Splash, he could have been so much more useful.

Plus, I'm not going to go into detail about events that haven't been adapted yet, but I will say this: things do not go well for Kakyoin. If anything he gets fucked over MORE than Polnareff in the upcoming battles.

Hell, there can be no debate over who the most successful Crusader is, anyway. It's obviously Jotaro.
Aug 23, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 2013
seriously Polnareff after all the troubles you have got yourself into, you should have learned it is better to notify the team instead of going on solo without thinking x_x
Aug 23, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Lindle said:

But he won the fights didn't he? The toilet scenes are obviously only for a comedic purpose, I don't feel like that matters in being sucessful.
Also, don't really want to spoil but yeah, I agree with Lindle on this. Polnareff is so simple minded yet he is so genuine and feels like a bro. He's the child in every one of us but when the time comes he can be badass.

This topic reminds me of those who were hating on Speedwagon, geez how can you ...
Aug 23, 2014 11:55 PM

Dec 2010
Polnareffland should be a thing!

This was a very suspenseful episode, and one I found to be quite compelling. I'm looking forward to seeing how this is resolved.

Plus Polnareff is my favorite Crusader, so its nice to see him get the spotlight more!
Aug 24, 2014 12:53 AM
Mar 2011
I'm really disappointed with the spoilers. I think I'll completely stop reading the "Series Discussion" subforum because I already know what will happen for most ongoing series: I know what will happen in the next episode of Jojo, of Kuroshitsuji, of Hunter x Hunter, in one of the next arcs of Detective Conan... So there's nothing I can do. Of course I sometimes enjoyed reading discussions but they are almost never spoilerless.
Aug 24, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2009
naens said:
I'm really disappointed with the spoilers. I think I'll completely stop reading the "Series Discussion" subforum because I already know what will happen for most ongoing series: I know what will happen in the next episode of Jojo, of Kuroshitsuji, of Hunter x Hunter, in one of the next arcs of Detective Conan... So there's nothing I can do. Of course I sometimes enjoyed reading discussions but they are almost never spoilerless.

Well, Jojo and HxH are series that run for several decades. it's liek going into a game of Thrones discussion and not expecting spoilers. And at least I try to spoiler it whenever possible...
Aug 24, 2014 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Lindle said:
Kakyoin? The worst crusader

I'll fite you

Great episode as usual.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
migohunter said:
Lindle said:
Kakyoin? The worst crusader

I'll fite you

u will lose
Aug 24, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Are we sure Polnareff isn't really the main character?
Aug 24, 2014 4:21 PM
Jun 2014
Oh god. DP really went out of their way to make this episode as emotional as possible. Which makes me wonder how they will do the next episode and the general reaction to it.

Also, I still can't believe there will be a 3 month break, just as we get to the good part.
Aug 24, 2014 11:35 PM

Apr 2013
Lindle said:
migohunter said:

I'll fite you

u will lose

You underestimate the power of the rero
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 25, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2009
migohunter said:
Lindle said:

u will lose

a catchphrase does not a good character make
Aug 26, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2010
Lindle said:
migohunter said:

a catchphrase does not a good character make

Didn't realise we were talking about Jotaro all of a sudden. Yare Yare Daze is still a cool catchphrase however.

Note: I don't hate Jotaro, but he might be my least favourite crusader despite all of his badass moments.
WandererReduxAug 26, 2014 1:40 AM
Aug 26, 2014 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
It will be time for zombie Advol! But can Polnareff defeat his own inner demon? I also wonder why Advol father do this. I doubt he would be be Dio servant.

It was damn hilarious when Polnareff wished to be a mangaka and there was just a big silence. Same for when he asked for a girlfriend xD

Zombie imouto was creepy :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 28, 2014 4:12 AM
Apr 2014
This stand basically prays on the insecurities and weaknesses of human heart. I doubt this would work on Jotaro…

*Cameo appears out of genie`s lamp*
Jotaro : ( What the hell? This must be an enemy stand…)
Cameo : Hail 2 U!! In return for getting me out of this lamp I shall grant you ...
Jotaro : Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora !!!!!!
Aug 29, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2014
Cameo makes an appearance....let that sink in for a second.

He shoulda just stuck with Polnareffland.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 4, 2014 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
With JoJo's stand help you can create your own manga studio Polnareff.

Btw i wonder about the toilets in Polnareffland.

So i am confused about the state of his sister. If she eats lots of animal and flesh etc she would become normal?
Sep 4, 2014 10:05 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
This episode was so beautifully animated. Awesome. I really enjoyed this one.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Sep 6, 2014 8:37 AM

Mar 2014
Making Polnareff face reality of his losses? Sounds like a good set up. Hail 2 U!
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Sep 7, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2011
I'm one of the people who read the manga before the anime, and I did not really enjoy this episode, just kind of boring for me personally, but I'm glad a lot of others enjoyed it. meh/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 1:29 PM

May 2012
Great episode, quite interesting and very tragic! Let's see what's next!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.