Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of the current moderation and rules?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 22, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
I think the moderation is brilliant.
Aug 22, 2014 5:14 AM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
I'd rather waste my time on making these type of threads. IRC already makes me puke in my mouth sometimes, I don't need to be more thin than I currently am, so I don't need CC's help.
That's funny when you're trying to duplicate CC here. Oh well.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 22, 2014 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
katsucats said:
Immahnoob said:
I'd rather waste my time on making these type of threads. IRC already makes me puke in my mouth sometimes, I don't need to be more thin than I currently am, so I don't need CC's help.

Topic wise, not necessarily community wise.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 22, 2014 5:33 AM

Feb 2013
Immahnoob said:
katsucats said:

Fuck you missed the point so so so very badly OP.
Aug 22, 2014 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
Objective said:
Immahnoob said:

Fuck you missed the point so so so very badly OP.

How so?

Autocrat said:
Aug 22, 2014 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
I guess I have nothing to complain about.
Aug 22, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
ITT users who have never met real autistic people.

@ Topic - I think it's fairly mild and easy going on MAL in comparison to other forums I've been to. The rule breakers are fairly tame and I haven't seen any serious case of power abuse by the mods. The rules are pretty flexible and grant more freedom than I see on other boards I've been part of. I can't find any reason to become an outright troll on MAL, it's a nice place and I want to settle down here. Have a family and raise my children to watch anime and adore lolis.
Aug 22, 2014 6:02 AM

Aug 2013
The mods are good people, and they're just doing their job. I think my gripe is more aimed at the rules than it is the mods.
I totally agree with Moog- about the listing rule. Those threads do create discussion often times, and they encourage threads to be locked before they've even begin, which like Moog-, I personally think is wrong.
I suppose I can see the listing rule being a good one under the Anime Discussion subforum, but I don't see why it needs to be enforced in casual discussion.

I also see a problem with this: Part of rule #4 says "pointless threads will be removed".. <- Unless they've defined "pointless" somewhere, that's purely opinionated which gives mods the freedom to delete any thread they feel. There could be a thread with very insightful, intelligent debate that the mod deletes or locks because they personally feel it's "pointless" and the mod would be backed up by rule #4. (Not that I'm saying that's ever happened, it's just an example)

Like I said above though, the mods are doing a fine job. My thing is with some of the rules rather than the actual mods themselves. They're just doing what they're told to do which I see no problem with.
Aug 22, 2014 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
DerpHole said:
The only problem I have are their ninja deletions.

There's no way to tell them how good/bad they're doing when there's no trace left of what they've done. Since there's no trace they're essentially accountable to no one and can do whatever they want and there'd be no way to tell which mod even did it.
Aug 22, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
have used many anime forums, quality of posts are really bad here..
its cause of poor moderation
Aug 22, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
I don't have a problem with it really. Of course like with everything, there are some things that can be improved. Don't really know what those things are off the bat but it seems like some people have problems with which and how threads are closed. I would also like more lax rules on listing threads.
Aug 22, 2014 8:37 AM
Jul 2014
You people are still arguing over this?
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 22, 2014 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
AnarchicSloth said:
You people are still arguing over this?
why not?
Aug 22, 2014 9:44 PM
Nov 2008
lol, i think the moderation on a forum does matter - even if they're not paid. the simple fact is that individuals volunteered for the role knowing full well they make no money from doing it. these people dictate what we can and can't say or show, and have the ability to abuse censorship.

i was just in a figure thread that was deleted for no apparent reason. it didn't even break any rules, and had actual discussion questions. but nope some mod deemed to value for discussion and it was just gone. you people are ok with that? lol

Immahnoob said:
Heredity said:
i have damning evidence to show that moderators here literally make up rules and enforce them here on mal, likely to appease people who report users for non-rule breaking things.
I think we all do...
no, i mean i actually have active evidence on record - not just some hearsay or vague description of something that i 'swear happened'.
Aug 24, 2014 2:25 AM

Jul 2014
I do think the mods are way too anal and should stop locking so many threads. The no listing thread rule is plain stupid, it needs to go.

Also they should simply accept than CD is populated by perverts and than sex related threads will keep on popping up.
Aug 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2012
Heredity said:
no, i mean i actually have active evidence on record - not just some hearsay or vague description of something that i 'swear happened'.
Yes, why, did you think otherwise when I said that?

Anyway, for the rest, I find pretty obvious reasons for why most people are okay with this and are saying so on my thread.

Autocrat said:
Aug 24, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:

Should there be new rules or changes to the rules?

it should be less strict. I hope someday our rules will be less strict and more liberal and tollerant.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Aug 25, 2014 12:04 AM
Nov 2008
Immahnoob said:
Heredity said:
Yes, why, did you think otherwise when I said that?
it was the 'all' inclusive, actually.

Anyway, for the rest, I find pretty obvious reasons for why most people are okay with this and are saying so on my thread.
a) spite, and b) buddy-buddy moderators. that's my guess.
Aug 25, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
That part was an exaggeration indeed.

Autocrat said:
Aug 25, 2014 4:38 AM

Apr 2013
Considering i can count on 2 hands the amount of time I've posted on mal this summer, yeah its pretty bad.

Inb4 ban
Aug 25, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
Sourire said:
Considering i can count on 2 hands the amount of time I've posted on mal this summer, yeah its pretty bad.

Inb4 ban
Sounds like a good thing to me.
Aug 25, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2013
Previously banned members complaining about rules and hating on mods ay? Why am I not surprised -.-

No need to bring personal feelings into this, Noob. We get it - you're upset, but this isn't the right thing to do. As Touma would say -

How about atoning for your sins instead?
Aug 25, 2014 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
IntroverTurtle said:
Sourire said:

Inb4 ban
Sounds like a good thing to me.
dat burn
Aug 25, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
Just a few random things...

-While the function of the system of rules in MAL is to keep and grow a community, I don't believe that it has to be completely bound to the criteria of the community, specially if they are very variable. Some consistancy is necessary or otherwise we would be changing the rules each week... That is, the users have to assume a level of responsibility to be part of the community. This doesn't mean that the staff shouldn't be open to suggestions but they also have to make clear in which direction they want the forums to develop.

-I said it some months ago in a thread in the Suggestions board, but the policy of bans in MAL is unnecessarily secretive, to the point it is a burden for user interaction. There is no reason to hide that a user is banned. For example in the case it's due to a forum-related offense, how can I know that a certain user whom I talk with regularly through profile comments has been banned? On the other hand if it's true that you need to ask in IRC to know the reasons and conditions behind your ban (never been banned so I don't know), then this is really an issue that should be solved immediately. You can't rely on external sources to give relevant information that concerns this page alone, it would be much better if people were told via this site or, at least, through the mail accounts they register.

-On the topic of locking threads... I have seen many threads reasonably locked but I have seen as well other threads where the reasons were vague and arbitrary. The problem with the current rule against listing threads, for instance, is that many of them can be driven towards discussion. Showing a list of favorites is not bad by itself, it helps us to know each other and our tastes better, and very often these choices can be argued and confronted. Just because the OP chose to not elaborate and/or discuss their choices doesn't mean that the rest of the users are going to do so. I'm not asking exactly for rewriting that rule, but rather, for a reinterpretation by the moderators that implies a more active role, trying to keep the stuff that is interesting or reinforces discussion even if it belongs to a thread that was specifically designed to list.
Aug 28, 2014 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't call them random, your response is one of the few that are relevant to what I'm asking.

Instead we have these type of illogical responses most of the times:
Dark_Chaos said:
Previously banned members complaining about rules and hating on mods ay? Why am I not surprised -.-

No need to bring personal feelings into this, Noob. We get it - you're upset, but this isn't the right thing to do. As Touma would say -

How about atoning for your sins instead?

Ironic, it's just what I was telling a mod sometime ago, because of my reputation I can't seem to be able to suggest anything that would actually help the community.

Basically, Tu Quoque. Yes, I've been banned a lot of times, but that was during the times when the community was "better" than this, you could say I was the abnormal one then. The problem is that I haven't been banned for quite a long time (bans that were actually legit and weren't lifted a few minutes after I stormed the IRC).

And I wouldn't go out of my way to attack someone like this if I were you Dark_Chaos, especially the one that made you lose about every argument you've made part of, considering how ardently you wouldn't let go of any of them too, hehe.

Anyway, I will ask for this thread to be locked, I want it to die while being locked.

Autocrat said:
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you have a skin care routine? ( 1 2 3 )

456371000 - May 14, 2020

113 by Darkvert »»
6 minutes ago

» how dark is your personality? ( 1 2 )

GrimAtrament - Mar 27, 2018

64 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

19 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 39 minutes ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
24 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

20 by DesuMaiden »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.