Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
No, not particularly

Or rather, not any worse than it was during the Red Scare
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 21, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
daintybiscuit said:
dunno but theres issues surrounding drinking really big sodas in NYC

lol

The terrorists have won
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
the US is turning into a cow state

Aug 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Mar 2013
Zeally said:

nigga its already turnt into a cow state

nom nom nom id like a big mac with a side of heart atk plz nom nom nom
Aug 21, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
i guess
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 22, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
The police used to protect the people. Now, they only protect the government. Black people are not the only victims. The government is targeting all of us. Here are a couple of examples:

Scott Olsen, a veteran of the US Marine Corps, can be seen in this video standing on the right side in green fatigues. He was shot in the head by a police officer. When people rushed to his aid, another police officer can be seen in the video throwing a grenade at the critically wounded man. It may have been a "Stinger" grenade, which, among other things, fires high-velocity rubber pellets in all directions. The shot fractured Scott Olsen's skull, and he will have to live the rest of his life with brain damage. None of the police officers were ever punished for their crimes.

In Tucson, Arizona, the local SWAT team can be seen in this video attacking the wrong house. A veteran named Jose Guerena jumped out of his bed to confront the intruders. The police officers shot him over sixty times. 60! Paramedics arrived shortly after the murder took place, but the police officers did not allow Jose Guerena to receive any medical attention until one hour after he was shot. Naturally, he died from his wounds. None of the police officers were ever punished for their crimes.

Stop the Pentagon program that militarizes U.S. police forces

"Americans have been stunned to see pictures of police driving armored vehicles through neighborhoods, brandishing weapons of war at unarmed citizens."

"But this is nothing new. In October 2013, Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicles (MRAPs) were regularly finding their way from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to the Main Streets of America. They were the latest acquisitions in a growing Pentagon practice that’s militarizing America’s municipal police forces."

"In that one month, police departments in Boise and Nampa, Idaho, each acquired an MRAP, as did the force in High Springs, Florida. The offer of war-ready machinery, at practically no cost, has proven hard to resist for local police departments. They look increasingly like soldiers equipped for battle."

"The growing similarity between our domestic police forces and the U.S. military is a result of the Pentagon’s 1033 Program. This allows the Defense Department to donate surplus military equipment and weapons to law enforcement agencies. In addition to the frightening presence of paramilitary weapons in American towns, the program has led to rampant fraud and abuse."
Tim_Aug 22, 2014 4:06 PM
Aug 22, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
DerpHole said:
Zeally said:

ey bro

you live my big mac outta this
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 22, 2014 4:20 PM
Feb 2014
Why is this thread still alive? From the title itself its bound to be a breeding ground for trolls, shitposters, and armchair experts.

OT: You make it seem as if "policing" is a bad thing. All America is simply doing is ensuring nothing crazy happens for the better. While they're not exactly perfect at it, they're at least trying, so credit can be given for their efforts.

Then again, I must be crazy for rationalizing my country's actions because clowns on an Internet forum will troll the hell out of me for thinking on my own.
Aug 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
I agree with you

Aug 22, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2012
Nicoreoz said:
OT: You make it seem as if "policing" is a bad thing. All America is simply doing is ensuring nothing crazy happens for the better. While they're not exactly perfect at it, they're at least trying, so credit can be given for their efforts.
wow, what an armchair expert
Aug 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
DerpHole said:
Zeally said:

Aug 22, 2014 5:28 PM
Jul 2014
Who snitched?

#fearcontrol #ilerminaty
Aug 22, 2014 6:49 PM

Jan 2013
I had the thought that those corrupt rich assholes must be more afraid of american citizens than terrorists since we have the nsa spying on us but failing to stop those who aim to cause chaos.

Once those bastards go too far I bet there will be another civil war.
Aug 22, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2014
***Long exasperated sigh***
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 22, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
The US has become more of a police state since 2001? I hold this truth to be self-evident.
CasperBat
Aug 22, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, the USA is already a police state, especially if you follow the things on 4chan's /pol/ board.
Aug 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Well..

"The U.S. military "is in 130 countries. We have 900 bases around the world." Ron Paul says U.S. has military personnel in 130 nations and 900 overseas bases."

Judge for yourself
Aug 22, 2014 10:13 PM

Sep 2011
Police state kinda sounds like it'd be a university, PSU.

DesuMaiden said:
Yes, the USA is already a police state, especially if you follow the things on 4chan's /pol/ board.

/pol/ is terrible, or at least it was whenever I went. Well, most of the time.

nick710 said:
there was even a guy that got convicted with a felony the police were beating the shit out him and the police broke his own hand from punching him so he 'assaulted' an officer.

That's actually kinda funny, in a very depressing sorta way.
Aug 23, 2014 3:15 AM

Oct 2009
More like a nanny-with-a-gun state.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 23, 2014 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
Bullshit, just because there is more exposure out there doesn't fucking mean, every single fucking cops out there are shooting people on sight.

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Aug 23, 2014 7:32 AM

Mar 2013
JackFisher said:
Bullshit, just because there is more exposure out there doesn't fucking mean, every single fucking cops out there are shooting people on sight.

shutup cop sympathizer. I bet they're paying you off in donuts to say those things
Aug 23, 2014 8:15 AM
Aug 2014
I believe it. It has appeared in the news an overwhelmingly amount of times. And that's not all of the cases either.......
~May The Force Be With You~
Aug 23, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
There are so many people in the USA and so many news stations they have time to Broadcast every little incident involving police. In some countries the things we complain about aren't even bothered to be shown on TV.
Aug 23, 2014 8:44 AM

Dec 2013
DerpHole said:
JackFisher said:

shutup cop sympathizer. I bet they're paying you off in donuts to say those things

Yeah. Trucks of bagels.

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Aug 23, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2014
It already is one.
Aug 23, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
Watch some Storm Clouds Gathering if you want to see how much of a police state the USA is becoming. Here's a link to one of the channel's recent Youtube videos..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_icVWKO4_o
Aug 23, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
Just fight back with donuts. We don't want your 'Murican crap here in Canada. The beavers already give us enough trouble.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Aug 23, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Just fight back with donuts. We don't want your 'Murican crap here in Canada. The beavers already give us enough trouble.

Canadians live a life style that is virtually identical to Americans though.
Aug 23, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
DesuMaiden said:
RedRoseFring said:

There's more mooses/meeses in Canada. That has to count for something.
Aug 23, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Not really.
Aug 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2014
DesuMaiden said:
RedRoseFring said:

When was the last time you had poutine? I thought so.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Aug 23, 2014 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
RedRoseFring said:
DesuMaiden said:

Oh my fucking god I've never had that before but after googling it I'm fucking salivating.

God damn I need to make me some of that.
Aug 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2014
DerpHole said:
RedRoseFring said:

Oh my fucking god I've never had that before but after googling it I'm fucking salivating.

God damn I need to make me some of that.

Just move to Canada. We have free healthcare.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Aug 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2014
The police officers used thermate grenades supplied by the military to commit the murder. They burn at 4,000 °F.

Police officers caught on video planning murder

"Burn that fucking house down!" (0:22)

"Fucking burn this motherfucker!" (0:40)

How Law Enforcement and Media Covered Up the Plan to Burn Christopher Dorner Alive

"'Burn that fucking house down!' shouted a deputy through a scanner transmission inadvertently broadcast on the Los Angeles local news channel, KCAL 9. 'Fucking burn this motherfucker!' another cop could be heard exclaiming."

"While live ammo exploded inside the cabin, the deputies pondered whether the basement would burn as well – they wanted to know if its ceiling was made of wood or concrete. They assumed Dorner was hiding there, and apparently wanted to ensure that he would be burned to a crisp. 'Because the fire is contained, I’m gonna let that heat burn through the basement,' a deputy declared."

"Around the same time, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department requested that all reporters and media organizations stop tweeting about the ongoing standoff with Dorner, claiming their journalism was 'hindering officer safety.' As the cabin sheltering Dorner burned, the local CBS affiliate was reportedly told by law enforcement to zoom its helicopter camera out to avoid showing the actions of sheriff’s deputies. By all accounts, the media acceded to police pressure for self-censorship."

"'We’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burner,' one sheriff’s deputy told another. 'Like we talked about.' Minutes later, another deputy’s voice crackled across the radio: 'The burner’s deployed and we have a fire.'"

"'Burners,' or military grade incendiary grenades, are very likely among the items passed down from the US army to local police outfits like the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department.The 'burner' of choice for the modern American soldier is the AN-M14 TH3. It is a hand held grenade comprised of a thermite mixture that rapidly converts to molten iron when it is thrown, burning at a temperature of 4000 degrees Fahrenheit, hot enough to burn through a half inch steel plate or bring an engine block to a boil. It can also produce enough heat to set off unloaded ammunition, which would explain why the ammo inside Dorner’s hideout was popping."

"By burning Dorner alive, then misleading and deceiving the public about the operation, the sheriffs may have validated the rogue ex-cop’s sharpest indictments of the culture of American law enforcement."

"Yet no element in the Dorner drama was more disturbing than the performance of mainstream media. At every point, major news outlets complied with law enforcement calls for self-censorship, and still demonstrate little interest in determining how and why a lethal fire started on a snow-covered mountain in the dead of winter. As a quintessentially American tragedy reaches its denouement, the truth remains buried beneath a smoldering pile of ashes."
Aug 23, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
Tim_ said:
The police officers used thermate grenades supplied by the military to commit the murder. They burn at 4,000 °F.

Police officers caught on video planning murder

"Burn that fucking house down!" (0:22)

"Fucking burn this motherfucker!" (0:40)

How Law Enforcement and Media Covered Up the Plan to Burn Christopher Dorner Alive

"'Burn that fucking house down!' shouted a deputy through a scanner transmission inadvertently broadcast on the Los Angeles local news channel, KCAL 9. 'Fucking burn this motherfucker!' another cop could be heard exclaiming."

"While live ammo exploded inside the cabin, the deputies pondered whether the basement would burn as well – they wanted to know if its ceiling was made of wood or concrete. They assumed Dorner was hiding there, and apparently wanted to ensure that he would be burned to a crisp. 'Because the fire is contained, I’m gonna let that heat burn through the basement,' a deputy declared."

"Around the same time, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department requested that all reporters and media organizations stop tweeting about the ongoing standoff with Dorner, claiming their journalism was 'hindering officer safety.' As the cabin sheltering Dorner burned, the local CBS affiliate was reportedly told by law enforcement to zoom its helicopter camera out to avoid showing the actions of sheriff’s deputies. By all accounts, the media acceded to police pressure for self-censorship."

"'We’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burner,' one sheriff’s deputy told another. 'Like we talked about.' Minutes later, another deputy’s voice crackled across the radio: 'The burner’s deployed and we have a fire.'"

"'Burners,' or military grade incendiary grenades, are very likely among the items passed down from the US army to local police outfits like the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department.The 'burner' of choice for the modern American soldier is the AN-M14 TH3. It is a hand held grenade comprised of a thermite mixture that rapidly converts to molten iron when it is thrown, burning at a temperature of 4000 degrees Fahrenheit, hot enough to burn through a half inch steel plate or bring an engine block to a boil. It can also produce enough heat to set off unloaded ammunition, which would explain why the ammo inside Dorner’s hideout was popping."

"By burning Dorner alive, then misleading and deceiving the public about the operation, the sheriffs may have validated the rogue ex-cop’s sharpest indictments of the culture of American law enforcement."

"Yet no element in the Dorner drama was more disturbing than the performance of mainstream media. At every point, major news outlets complied with law enforcement calls for self-censorship, and still demonstrate little interest in determining how and why a lethal fire started on a snow-covered mountain in the dead of winter. As a quintessentially American tragedy reaches its denouement, the truth remains buried beneath a smoldering pile of ashes."

Not surprising. Watch this Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_icVWKO4_o
Aug 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2014
Police officers never try to wound their victims. They always shoot to kill.

Local police ‘not supposed to be warriors’

"Former Texas Rep. Ron Paul said the Department of Defense program that transfers military equipment to local police should be disbanded and that local law enforcement officials are not 'warriors.'"

"'It should be gotten rid of,' Mr. Paul said Monday on MSNBC of the Pentagon’s 1033 program. 'Police are supposed to be local people and they’re supposed to be peace officers. They’re not supposed to be warriors.'"

"Mr. Paul said he 'strongly opposed' the program in Congress in the 1990s, in part because the military-grade equipment 'encourages the police to overreact and it’s very, very dangerous.'"
Aug 23, 2014 9:50 PM

Jul 2014
Police officer caught on video threatening to murder unarmed people

ACLU Demands Removal Of Officer Who Told Protestor: 'I Will Fucking Kill You'

"'I will fucking kill you,' the officer says. 'Get back.'"

"'You're going to kill him?' the videographer asks. 'What's your name, sir?'"

"'Go fuck yourself,' the officer says. He is soon guided away from the confrontation by another uniformed officer."

Aug 23, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
lupadim said:
I don't think that some corrupt police officers in Brazil will affect the US.

For your information, OP, the US is not the only country with police forces. What is your point?

Also, America is the land of freedom. Cops have the freedom to deprive other people from their freedom, it's only fair.

lup, didn't anyone imply the US is the only country with police forces? i have no issue with your post, but why are you always so defensive?

don't dodge the question with weird ideology, why are you so defensive?
Aug 24, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
None of the police officers were ever punished for their crimes.

HOMICIDE: Medical examiner says NYPD [New York Police Department] chokehold killed Staten Island dad Eric Garner

"Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday."

"The autopsy also found that compressions to the chest and 'prone positioning during physical restraint by police' killed Garner. The manner of death, according to the medical examiner, was homicide."

"The announcement from the medical examiner’s office was the latest development in a case that sparked national outrage after The News obtained a sickening cell phone video. It showed Officer Daniel Pantaleo using the banned chokehold on the father of six."

Tim_Aug 24, 2014 4:16 PM
Aug 24, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
The Police Officer Who Pepper Sprayed Peaceful Students Will Receive an Additional $38,056 for Emotional Suffering

"The cop who mercilessly doused peaceful, seated protesters with pepper spray recently claimed he has psychological injuries from the incident and demanded workman’s compensation. And California is granting it to him. The University of California, Davis — a tax funded college — will pay the fired assailant $38,056 to ease his emotional suffering."

"Lt. John Pike, as well as another officer, used pepper spray canisters the size of fire-extinguishers to drench the peaceful protesters in OC pepper spray."

"'Our line that they pepper-sprayed was... one-person-deep. One of the officers began to remove us physically without the use of weapons. And Lieutenant John Pike ordered them to stop, raising his pepper can and saying... ‘Leave them. I want to spray these kids,'' said an eyewitness named William, according to Davis Wiki."

"Pike ceased to be a UCD employee in July 2012. Pike, whose annual salary was $121,680, collected full pay during the painfully dragged-out 8-month investigation, while he remained on leave. He was effectively given a paid vacation after an unprovoked attack on students. And somehow it took 8 months to determine what was obvious to most people within seconds of watching the video."

"He remains entitled to retirement credit for his years of service, a UCD spokesperson said at the time, according to the Davis Enterprise. On October 16th, 2013, Administrative Law Judge Joel Harter ordered the University of California Regents to pay Pike $264.50 per week to reach the total payout, minus $5,700 in legal fees for Pike’s Sacramento attorney."

Aug 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
The government is corrupt, so the police are corrupt.

Barack Obama is a homosexual, and it looks like the jews have chosen Hillary Clinton to be the next president. When "Bill" Clinton was still in office, a Secret Service agent found Hillary Clinton in bed with another woman. Hillary was so angry that she hit the agent in the forehead with an ashtray. After that incident, a new rule was made forbidding Secret Service agents from entering the bedrooms on the second floor of the White House. The popular joke at the time was that Hillary Clinton had more women in her bed than "Bill" Clinton.

Barack Obama -- Larry Sinclair Press conference Pt 1

"Larry Sinclair stated to the press that he and Barak Obama had gay sex while Obama smoked crack, not once but twice. Once in a limo and the next day in a hotel room. Sinclair stated that the murdered Donald Young, Obama's churches gay choir master told him, by phone, he also had sex with Barack Obama, before Young was murdered."

Joan Rivers’ Shocking Comments About Barack and Michelle

"Do you think the United States will see the first gay president or the first woman president?"

"The answer to that question posed to Joan Rivers by a cameraman on the streets of New York has the 81-year-old comic in hot water."

"We already have it with Obama, so let’s just calm down."

"As Rivers continued walking past, she turned her head and added, 'You know Michelle is a tranny.'"

"The cameraman responded, 'I’m sorry, she’s a what?'"

"'A transgender. We all know,' Rivers said as she walked toward a building."
Aug 26, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2014
Company With Ties to the Federal Gov’t Designs Unsettling Targets for Law Enforcement Community

"'What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks?' Reason’s Mike Riggs asks."

"For less than 99 cents per target, police officers can now shoot at real-life images 'designed to give [them] the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training,' according to Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.’s website."

"The company calls it the 'No More Hesitation' series... ."

"'Considering that the company has landed $5.5 million worth of contracts with the federal government,' Riggs notes, 'it might also be interesting to know if these targets are being used by federal law enforcement agents.'"

Aug 26, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
kokkoderrisch said:
Oppression from every corner.
Oppression? How exactly? The USA is not perfect, but it's still one of the most free places on the planet.
Aug 26, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
What citizens are scared of cops exactly? Because the cops here are dumb pussies.
Aug 27, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
U.S. Army drills in Texas City, La Marque (February 13, 2013)

"'This is an Army exercise to test their equipment,' La Marque Police Chief Randall Aragon said. 'The area resembles a theater of operation they might be using. We want the community to understand that if they see a helicopter flying over their rooftops in this area, to not be alarmed.'"

"Army spokesman Larry Jackson said the operation would not disrupt the day-to-day activities of residents."

"'We pose no threat to the public,' Jackson said. 'Let me be clear that this isn't urban assault training. We are a small group of folks, doing some activities.'"

"Jackson declined to say what type of training would be involved in the operation."

Army drill scares residents on Houston's south side (January 28, 2013)

"The sight of Army helicopters and the sound of gunfire created a lot of concern Monday afternoon in one Houston neighborhood."

"The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds."

"I felt like I was in a warzone.' Jerrals said. 'It was nonstop. I was terrified.'"

KTRK-TV in Houston, Texas

Raw Footage

Don’t mind the helicopters, it’s just practice, Miami-Dade police say (January 21, 2013)

"Miami-Dade police sent out a warning Monday that multiple police agencies would be providing support for a joint military training exercise somewhere over Miami and elsewhere in the county. The exercise will include the use of military helicopters."

WSVN-TV in Miami, Florida

Raw Footage

WSVN-TV in Coconut Grove, FL (May 8, 2012)

"A joint drill between military and police in South Florida involving troops storming a building in the middle of the night was characterized by local media coverage not as a frightening example of how Americans are being acclimatized to accept a state of martial law but as a 'cool tourist story'."

"Panic-stricken residents in Coconut Grove were awoken at 1am to the sound of simulated gunfire and explosions as military helicopters hovered over buildings and dispatched troops to the ground."

Footage

Secret military maneuvers OK'd by Little Rock, Arkansas mayor (November 20, 2011)

"Kathy—-the military exercise last night was a training exercise for the same military unit that captured and killed Osama Bin Laden. These type of missions are critical which is why we agreed to participate at the military's request. The owner of the old VA hospital also agreed."

"Navy Seal operations over the old VA hospital on Roosevelt Road? I don't know if this included activities beyond hovering, such as dropping down by ropes to objectives on the ground. Anybody who spotted this is invited to report. Is it unreasonable to think that military operations over populated neighborhoods — even by top-secret military units — might cause a little concern to a populace not informed such was underway? When last we checked, the old VA was owned by a controversial evangelist Bill Gothard, who ran the Institute for Basic Life Principles there. It was described as a prison training program."

Memorandum for Little Rock, AK Police Department

Military Training Exercises to Take Place In and Around Boston (July 25, 2011)

"Joint federal military training exercises will take place within and around the Boston area between July 26th and August 5th."

Military buzzes Boston buildings (August 4, 2011)

"Military helicopters flying low over the city last night were part of an ongoing training exercise, officials said. The choppers were taking part in Special Operations Command training when they buzzed between building tops with lights out around the Financial District between 9 p.m. and 11:10 p.m., said military public affairs officer Kim Tiscione."

Raw Footage (August 3, 2011)

Military helicopter exercise startles downtown Brickell residents (April 20, 2011)

"Residents in the neighborhood saw and heard several military-style, 'pitch-black' helicopters flying around and hovering on top of Brickell buildings Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning. Turns out that it was a training exercise by Miami-Dade police's SE Regional Domestic Security Task Force. In other words, a Homeland Security operation, that few other authorities apparently knew about, including the U.S. Coast Guard."

"It all began about 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, when at least three large Black Hawk-like choppers landed in a parking lot of the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts on Biscayne Boulevard and 14th Street. The choppers then charged over the Brickell and Miami river area. Men who appeared to be SWAT team members were also seen taking part in the exercise."

"A Miami police spokesman said the helicopters were conducting an 'operational' training drill. He was not allowed to comment on details of the drill."

Raw Footage
Aug 28, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2014
The US government deals drugs. It uses the so-called "War on Drugs" to artificially inflate its profits.

The US government invaded Afghanistan in October 2001. The planting season began in November.

The US government restored the world's opium supply.

"On July 28, 2000, Taliban leader Mullah Omar issued a ban on the cultivation and trafficking of opium and repeated this ban in October, ordering the Taliban to plow up fields planted to poppy" (Source).

"Pakistan's Foreign Secretary Inam-ul Haq's claim to have eliminated all opium plantations in Taliban controlled territories — reported by Agence France-Presse — seems to have been confirmed by a U.N. survey" (March 1, 2001).

"U.N. drug control officers said the Taliban religious militia has virtually wiped out opium production in Afghanistan - once the world's largest producer - since banning poppy cultivation in July" (February 16, 2001).

"A 12-member team from the U.N. Drug Control Program spent two weeks searching most of the nation's largest opium-producing areas and found so few poppies that they do not expect any opium to come out of Afghanistan this year. 'We are not just guessing. We have seen the proof in the fields,' said Bernard Frahi, regional director for the U.N. program in Afghanistan and Pakistan" (February 16, 2001).

"Last year, 75 percent of the world's opium crop was grown in Afghanistan... . But something astonishing has become evident with this spring's harvest. Behind the narrow dikes of packed earth, the fields are empty of their most profitable plant. Poor farmers, scythes in hand, stoop among brown stems. Mile after mile, there is only a dry stubble of wheat to cut from the lumpy soil" (May 24, 2001).

"Last July, the ruling Taliban banned the growing of poppies as a sin against the teachings of Islam. Almost every farmer complied, some grudgingly, some not. 'Even if it means my children die, I will obey my amir,' said Nur Ali, sitting in his fields, sipping tea" (May 24, 2001).

"But American narcotics officials who visited the country confirmed earlier United Nations reports that the Taliban had, in one growing season, managed a rare triumph in the long and losing war on drugs" (May 24, 2001).
Aug 28, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2012
kokkoderrisch said:
Afshar said:
police live in other places too, not just usa
mclovinballz said:
No, the USA is a country, not a state.

No trolling please, this is a very serious topic.

That's assuming you're not the one trolling yourself.
If, however, you are actually serious and think the oh so scary US is a police state you might want to get out and see what a real police state looks like because your definition of a police state is sounding a bit sheltered.
Aug 28, 2014 6:53 PM

Apr 2012
Tim_ said:
The US government deals drugs. It uses the so-called "War on Drugs" to artificially inflate its profits.

The US government invaded Afghanistan in October 2001. The planting season began in November.

The US government restored the world's opium supply.

You're right the war obviously had absolutely NOTHING to do with the attacks that took place in September. Clearly drugs were the only thing on America's agenda.
LittleCaesarsAug 28, 2014 7:35 PM
Aug 28, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2014
If you don't like police brutality, you better stay away from the glass ceiling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
I think this depends in certain places in the US.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
20 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
20 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
39 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.