Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 21, 2014 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, flashbacks ruined it for me. Too long. Fitting, but long.
Though each of the teams trying to show each other up was good lol.
Lol Shino's moment. Punches one of the mini juubi and waits for that bug to enter its body. And Kiba's one clone xD Good stuff there.
Glad to see all three using the Summoning Jutsu right at the end there. That was awesome. Really reminds you of the three Sannin; Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru.
SandyBoiAug 21, 2014 4:38 AM
Aug 21, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2007
FCK YEAH. Omg how i have been waiting for this shit to be animated and the studio did a fantastic job. Yeah there was a few flashbacks but it all was relevent and added to the emotion of the show. This is the naruto we all know and love. Man so much nostalgia with the use of the old sound tracks and all of the team 7, 8 and 10 fighting together.

LOL at kiba, that guy seriously needs to stop trying to compete with naruto. Still i find his competitiveness hilarious. You are NEVER EVER GOING to reach naruto's level. Just give up.

Words can't described how much i enjoyed this episode. I think this is probably my favorite episode in the entire series or at least one of my favorites next to the madara Vs hokages.

Also those flash backs were very fitting for the scenes that took place.

and dat cliff hanger!! The main 3 heroes, sasuske, sakura, naruto all using there summons, reminiscence of the time when the 3 legendary sannins fought.

These upcoming episodes are going to just be awesome.
ArtimesGamerAug 21, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 21, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2011
You know that s*** about to go down when they use Summoning Jutsu. Every time, it always pumps me up.

Can't wait for more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 4:42 AM

Jul 2013
I predict lots of Sakura rants in this discussion, maybe a Sakura vs Hinata argument if we're lucky.

Skipped the flashbacks, so I only got about 10 minutes of the episode =(

The triple summoning jutsu scene was pretty good. I still don't understand why Gamakichi has grown so big in a few months when he barely grew between the three year time skip. I'll just go with it, feel like a bit of logic was sacrificed for symbolism there but whatever.

"I've finally reached them" - Yeah, you keep telling yourself that Sakura.

Finally get to see human yoyo animated.

Halo Hurricane Jet next episode.

MinagatachiAug 21, 2014 5:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 4:46 AM
Jan 2014
I don't understand the whole sakura leveling up thing... and how she was able to reach that level.
I don't follow the manga but I was always wondering when sakura will have that forehead sign and I have to say it caught me by surprise here. Good stuff.
the rest was okayish..
Aug 21, 2014 5:01 AM

May 2014
Yeah that whole flashback was unnecessary, one thing that irritates me about Naruto: shippuuden is the damn same old flashbacks, like we get it already.

the summoning gave chill down my spine and seeing every team getting a piece of action was good too, that is until they killed it for Sai.

Idk it may just be me but doesn't it seem that lately the animation has been kind of lazy, I know naruto art style isn't the best but it seems to be slacking a bit, idk maybe just me.
Aug 21, 2014 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
"I've finally caught up with these two", lol. She defeats one enemy and thinks she's on Naruto and Sasuke's level. At that point Kishi really didn't know how to make her seem relatively useful.
Aug 21, 2014 5:24 AM

Mar 2014
Barrier is tough !!
Sakura's resolve !!
Showdown of power !!
The new legends has been reborn !!
Pretty good episode !!!
Aug 21, 2014 5:30 AM

Jan 2014
now we'll see some action with the summoning jutsu :D
Aug 21, 2014 5:57 AM

Mar 2012
"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" *faint*
My body can't handle the awesomeness
Aug 21, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Putting the flashbacks aside, this was a pretty damn good episode. We got something decent from most of the characters that have been sidelined since forever. Hinata's and Sai's showings were a little underwhelming though.

The yo-yo jutsu was pretty awesome, even if the idea was "borrowed" from Togashi, again.
Aug 21, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
ha ha ha ha the face Naruto made when sakura showed her powers was just so funny, saying he was never going to reply to sakura again otherwise she will beat him to death, that face was just too priceless...still cracking up man....
Aug 21, 2014 6:56 AM
Mar 2013
Apart from the excruciating flashback this was a good episode. It was a bit cheesy but still nice to see the other Konoha 11 members get some action. I must admit I don't like the idea of these "transmission beings" though.

I love how Hashirama ignored Madara last episode and now Madara is returning the favor xD

I'm still confused as to why Madara isn't trying to stop them from attacking the 10-tails! Even if he thinks there's no need to worry one would hardly expect him to sit down and enjoy the scenery ^^
Aug 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2014
idk, Felt boring to me. 3/5
Aug 21, 2014 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
Core1019 said:
Putting the flashbacks aside, this was a pretty damn good episode. We got something decent from most of the characters that have been sidelined since forever. Hinata's and Sai's showings were a little underwhelming though.

I agree with this guy. Pretty good episode 4/5 The flashbacks are the reason why I took off 1 and the fact Sai and Hinata were super useless.
Aug 21, 2014 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
A new voice actor for Sakura?
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Aug 21, 2014 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
good episodes.

the new legendary ninja
Aug 21, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
I had to skip some of the flashbacks this episode. I kinda knew they might of played it since team 7 is back again. The fight was alright. I like how they used one of my favorite OST in the series again which extended for quite a bit of time in the second half. Anyways, it's like the first hokage said. A new generation is here.

Oh and this face tells a story:
Aug 21, 2014 7:47 AM

Apr 2014
I feel like I'm watching Power Rangers for some reason... I'm not liking these past few episodes at all XD
Aug 21, 2014 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
The best part of this episode for me was the calm voice with which Madara denied Hashirama's clone a fight.
He just wants to fight Hashirama with no limitations, all out. I can't wait to see the two of them get it on.
Not a bad episode, maybe a little bit too many flashbacks. But good episode nonetheless.
Aug 21, 2014 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
Ohhhh Madara... these past 3 episodes have really made me laugh.

Get out of the spotlight Sakura no one fucking cares about your sorrow and pity. Youre still pathetic.

ehhhh and why do things have to turn like really gay when the other Konoha chounin think they have to show off?
Aug 21, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2014
Wow,i totally forgot Sai :I...

I Loved the Human-Yoyo...best technique ever...

Still,first hal of the episode was beyond boring,i cant stand Sakura and watching 10 minute Sakura flashback is torture for me...Also this Hinata>Naruto>Sakura thing started to become boring...I know this is not a romance anime or something but cant one of them just go and tell to him/her to forget it and move on...
Aug 21, 2014 8:50 AM

May 2013
Loved this episode.

Everyone has been honing their skills and have gotten really strong.

Naruto's reaction when Sakura rek'd the battlefield lol.
Aug 21, 2014 9:05 AM
Dec 2011
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Get out of the spotlight Sakura no one fucking cares about your sorrow and pity. Youre still pathetic.

ehhhh and why do things have to turn like really gay when the other Konoha chounin think they have to show off?

Add to that she's a total slut seeking Sasuke handsomeness again with a bitter attitude against Naruto,
I thought she grew up a bit but a slut remain slut.
Aug 21, 2014 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Cant wait for the next episode! A new era! The three student who used to train under Legendary Three Ninja!!! OMG. But yeah Sakura flashback at the front was redundant. And I don't understand how Sakura manage to control and store her chakra and that diamond seal on her forehead. hmm I should read the manga, yes?
Aug 21, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2013
Amazing episode,the next one sure looks great.

Aug 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Flashbacks werent really necessary imo, but it's good to see Sakura not being useless :)
Madara and 1st Hokage - and their silly jokes :D
Aug 21, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2014
Loved this episode, even though I don't like Sakura, her attacks were pretty epic. I also laughed a lot and the teams all getting competetive was just awesome. The summoning-jutsu... NICE! I also love how Madara just relaxes and waits for Hashirama and does nothing about the ninja's attacking the Ten-Tails haha

Can't wait for the next episode!
Just Monika.
Aug 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Feb 2012
Sakura still thinking she caught up to the 2, lololo.
Aug 21, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2009
enjoyable episode. ovo i'm really glad that sakura was able to more or less catch up to the rest of team 7 in terms of strength. watching the other teams show off was great as well~

but sai. he definitely could've been portrayed as more successful in his appearance. maybe it's proving a point that he's not originally a part of them, but it's still disappointing to see that he didn't play a role at all.

best shot ha ha:
Aug 21, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
emeraldrosary said:
Apart from the excruciating flashback this was a good episode. It was a bit cheesy but still nice to see the other Konoha 11 members get some action. I must admit I don't like the idea of these "transmission beings" though.

I love how Hashirama ignored Madara last episode and now Madara is returning the favor xD

I'm still confused as to why Madara isn't trying to stop them from attacking the 10-tails! Even if he thinks there's no need to worry one would hardly expect him to sit down and enjoy the scenery ^^

Have you forgotten his fight with the 5 kages. Madara's attitude to this war so far has been "meeeh, whatever." Obito has been the one sweating over the whole thing.
Aug 21, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
It really was a good episode, just as the OP has already said, those flashbacks OMG -.- Those were way too long like 10 min or something how Sakura has finally caught up?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 2013
bitch calm ur titts u aint got a shit on those two
but anw Madaras epic reaction !! was everything to me
Aug 21, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
Yawn, Sakura monologue and flashbacks. She's the least interesting female character on Naruto.

Too bad no shot of Team Guy because of Neji's death.
Aug 21, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
Nice Sakura !
Aug 21, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2011
ugh...too many haters saying she's not as strong as they make her out to be..or progressed or whatever the hell excuses they want to make.

Sakura is awesome. And she is worthy of Team 7, along with Sai of course. Sure she doesnt have the extra chakra that the kyuubi lents naruto, or the uzumaki blood. Sure she doesn't have the sharingan and Uchiha clan blood. She comes from a not so lengendary line like her two companions. And she doesn't have a special power, like pretty much all the other from that class have (exception in lee as well). She went from a standard 12 yr old kunoichi with no background, to one of the most powerful Medical-nin with extraordinary strength, who even has the possibility of beating her master, one day, one of the legendary sannin, Lady Tsunade.
It is even mentioned that she was able to master so many jutsu that so many have not been able to master.

I'm not gonna stomp on Hinata or any other character like you guys do. But well, I can defend one of my favorite characters, and will always do.

AND to the episode. Pretty cool. I like how the whole class basically showed off their progressed powers. Kiba still trying to compete with Naruto. Naruto's face at Sakura's basically punching like 10 monsters at once. Then that bigger one showing up and Sasuke and Naruto joining her side.

Can't wait for the
b1GZZ said:
"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" *faint*
My body can't handle the awesomeness

And this! can't freaking wait!
Aug 21, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2010
I remember that chapter like it was yesterday, but it's been pertty long

Starting to get in the groove for NS again~
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 21, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
I preferred the manga version of this episode more. The anime ruined it with all those flashbacks.
Aug 21, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
anime_papa said:

Have you forgotten his fight with the 5 kages. Madara's attitude to this war so far has been "meeeh, whatever." Obito has been the one sweating over the whole thing.

I don't think he is apathetic. He is just laid back, and overconfident on how everything will work out. And he is Edo Tensi, so unlike Obito, he doesn't have to fear of a lot of things. And also unlike Obito, he doesn't want get down to the Jinchuricki stuff too quickly.
Aug 21, 2014 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
ugh...too many haters saying she's not as strong as they make her out to be..or progressed or whatever the hell excuses they want to make.

Sakura is awesome. And she is worthy of Team 7, along with Sai of course. Sure she doesnt have the extra chakra that the kyuubi lents naruto, or the uzumaki blood. Sure she doesn't have the sharingan and Uchiha clan blood. She comes from a not so lengendary line like her two companions. And she doesn't have a special power, like pretty much all the other from that class have (exception in lee as well). She went from a standard 12 yr old kunoichi with no background, to one of the most powerful Medical-nin with extraordinary strength, who even has the possibility of beating her master, one day, one of the legendary sannin, Lady Tsunade.
It is even mentioned that she was able to master so many jutsu that so many have not been able to master.

I'm not gonna stomp on Hinata or any other character like you guys do. But well, I can defend one of my favorite characters, and will always do.

AND to the episode. Pretty cool. I like how the whole class basically showed off their progressed powers. Kiba still trying to compete with Naruto. Naruto's face at Sakura's basically punching like 10 monsters at once. Then that bigger one showing up and Sasuke and Naruto joining her side.
Sakura is on your 'Favorite Characters' list so no one will take your bias opinion seriously... their is no way she can be on the same level as N & S in such a small space of time.
jnw93Aug 21, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 21, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2013
I don't give a damn what anyone says I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This episode got me so damn amped and excited! I am a person who has mixed feelings on Sakura but I enjoyed seeing her flashbacks and her not wanting to be left behind Naruto and Sasuke. Madara was hilarious when he refused to fight Hashirama because it was a wood clone lol. Kiba continues to make me laugh, he's comedic relief. He's the Yamcha of Naruto Shippuden. I loved seeing all the teams shine and totally kick ass with that amazing OST playing. It was also nice seeing Hinata talk to Neji and see Neji try to motivate her, RIP Neji. But wow, that ending tho..... What an ending, it was nice to see Sai join the Team 7 reunion by the way. But wow, seeing all 3 members of Team 7 and the students of the 3 Sannin do Kuchiyose no Justu was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had goosebumps when I saw it. What an amazing ending to the episode. 5/5 episode for me, another great episode of Naruto Shippuden.

Aug 21, 2014 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
Core1019 said:

The yo-yo jutsu was pretty awesome, even if the idea was "borrowed" from Togashi, again.
Taking the bait, but if you are saying that this was a rip off Killua using a yoyo to fight then you are absolutely retarded. You're like those deadbeats that say Fairy Tail is a ripoff One Piece, when the only similarities between them is that two characters have similar character designs.
MinagatachiAug 21, 2014 6:10 PM
Aug 21, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
The 10minutes of flash back filler was annoying but i was happy to see things pick up in the last 10minutes. Decent episode, can't wait for next week!
Aug 21, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Okay episode, everyone is leveling up.
Sai was useless.
The whole episode felt a bit corny. Like the character interactions aren't genuine anymore.
Aug 21, 2014 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode!
Aug 21, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2014
hmm... i only have two gripes with this episode.

1. animation after Sakura's/Team 7's moment was very annoying, kinda brought down some of the other team's moments. (mainly Hinata and Kiba)

2. i felt like there were a few pacing errors. like with shino's moment for example (again mostly after team 7/Sakura's moment).

other than that, good episode. loved the focus on sakura and loved how everyone was putting in work. besides team 7, i believe Ino-shika-Cho were the most entertaining and awesome group on the field with their combo.
Aug 21, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2012
Flashbacks, Sai failed entrance, Sakura thinking she is same level as Sasuke and Naruto nope. But the face on Naruto when he see's Sakura's punch was funny.
Aug 21, 2014 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
tiagra said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Add to that she's a total slut seeking Sasuke handsomeness again with a bitter attitude against Naruto,
I thought she grew up a bit but a slut remain slut.

I think you need to look up the definition of "slut" and she just friendzones Naruto, not a bitter thing at all.

jnw93 said:
Sakura is on your ["]Favorite Characters["] list so no one will take your bias[ed] opinion seriously... the[re] is no way she can be on the same level as N & S in such a small space of time.

As for how she leveled up so much in such a short time, she's smarter and has better chakra control than the others, that's been noted since they were kids. As far as her catching up, I think she just means she is at the point where they can all trust each other's strength instead of her being shielded by them. Your assertion is biased itself (and hyperbolic) because Sakura is not on your "Favorite Characters" list and you can't speak for everyone. Also, it's anime...why waste your logic?

Anyway, I'm pumped! It's cool the sannin-ni can do the summons at an even younger age than the originals (actually, not sure about that).

Sasuke and Naruto checking out each other's mods, they will probably want to fight each other eventually lol.
Go Sakura! I actually like her more because of her normalness compared to the others.
Nice highlights of the other teams.

Sai though...fatigue? Had the unit he was with reached the battlefield when Naruto shared his chakra or did he just hear about it and miss the power-up/healing? I like Sai but that entrance was lame.
kelkenAug 21, 2014 11:25 PM
Aug 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
Anime is better since team 7 is back!
Aug 22, 2014 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
The flashbacks were annoying!... That aside the episode was good. All the teams showing off was funny. Sasuke and Naruto still comparing themselves with each other. While seeing all the teams showing off I was literally thinking this "They haven't been showing sai lately, Now would be the perfect time!"
*sees sai being saved by Naruto* "why did I think showing him was a good idea?" *face palms horribly*.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Apr 17, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.