Forum Settings
Forums

How has your taste in anime changed over time?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2014 7:06 AM

Nov 2012
Aeonic said:
Yes, as of a few days ago my top 5 favourite shows are No game no life, Black Bullet, Sword art online @, Mahouka and Akame ga kill. I've finally achieved sainthood and can now indoctrinate all mal users into loving and cherishing these literary masterpieces.

I think you're the best twoll I've ever seen.

Anyway... I started out watching anime with mostly harems, but now that I know that they're all the same, I avoid them. I'm pretty much completely over anything set in high school. I mean, I used to think Psycho-pass was boring, now I fucking love it purely for the fact that it's not about high school or teenagers.
Aug 24, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
I use to like more shounen but now I'm into more of adventure and trippy shit like Serial Experiments Lain.
Aug 24, 2014 7:23 AM
Apr 2008
elbaldo said:
Aeonic said:
Yes, as of a few days ago my top 5 favourite shows are No game no life, Black Bullet, Sword art online @, Mahouka and Akame ga kill. I've finally achieved sainthood and can now indoctrinate all mal users into loving and cherishing these literary masterpieces.

I think you're the best twoll I've ever seen.

Anyway... I started out watching anime with mostly harems, but now that I know that they're all the same, I avoid them. I'm pretty much completely over anything set in high school. I mean, I used to think Psycho-pass was boring, now I fucking love it purely for the fact that it's not about high school or teenagers.
I will proselytize you from a far to join in my irrepressible love for these masterpiece...You think Kim-jong Il had psychic powers? You haven't seen anything yet....So now join the cult of Plebdom and realize the error of your ways and if not you will be damned to eternal damnation.
Aug 24, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2013
I used to love shounen anime with their cliche action scenes, something I somewhat despise now. Now I focus more on unique character development and a gripping story.

I also used to like when everyone got a happy ending, nobody died and everything was black and white. Now I like bittersweet/downer endings, killing off major characters and grey morality.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 24, 2014 4:12 PM
Mar 2013
I also used to like when everyone got a happy ending, nobody died and everything was black and white. Now I like bittersweet/downer endings, killing off major characters and grey morality.

Happy endings are (almost) always so... cheesy. I mean, people die like the rats, travel through half the universe to fight each other, desperatly try to find the meaning of life or whatever and then the last episode of a show basically tells me it's all been fun and games? Come on.

As to the topic's question... I don't think my taste has changed, just evolved. Give me something dark, emotional, thrilling, brutal, whatever and I'm happy - started out with Death Note, Berserk and some other Fantasy stuff a few years back and that's pretty much what I'd be watching today if I hadn't already.
Aug 24, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2013
I used to love harem
Aug 24, 2014 4:21 PM
Aug 2014
yeah, i used to be able to watch anything nowadays i can only watch anime that has a really good story (whether it's romance or action or even scifi)
Aug 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
orithyea said:
Rather than changed, it simply expanded.

Yeah, this is the right answer.

I basically just expanded my interests.
Aug 24, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
For the most part, yes.

I used to like a lot of crap anime, now I only like a few.
shiro-shiroOct 31, 2014 6:45 PM
Aug 24, 2014 10:05 PM

Jul 2013
From just mech like Gundam Wing and action anime like Samurai Champloo and Samurai X to adding moe and kawaii SOL anime like K-on and Girls und Panzer. I was like alot of people bashing on SoL without really giving it a try. That's what differentiates people who tried it and didn't like it from those who hate on it without getting to know it first-hand.

I first got my feet wet so to speak with Azumanga Daioh and a character from that show inspired me that even though you look cool, calm, and collected on the outside, that you can still love kawaii and moe things. In a sense I have seen myself as a genderbent Sakaki-chan and was HELLA ELATED when Maya the Iriomote mountain cat chose her to be his mom, oh it was SO HELLA FUCKING KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 What really gave me that extra push to get into kawaii SoL anime was a scathing review from some dipshit who said K-on was just kawaii anime schoolgirls drinking tea and eating cake with an occasional song or two. Fuck that prick or I wouldn't have discovered Azunyan and later on became a hella big yuri fanboy. If it wasn't for that fucktard I'd still be blindly hating on SOL when in fact I should have gotten into it sooner.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

175 by NightVampire »»
55 seconds ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

20 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

82 by BilboBaggins365 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

14 by Tirinchas »»
6 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 5 hours ago

23 by Jonas-K »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.