Aug 21, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
Time to bring out my inner loli voice.
Aug 21, 2014 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
Is Hanabi-kun Xinil's alt?
Aug 21, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think I have the skills or resourses to pull that off.
Aug 22, 2014 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
PREPARE YOURSELVES! the Yuri Council will be creating a masterpiece!
Aug 22, 2014 1:40 AM

Oct 2012
Can't wait to see what kinds of over the top things people will come up with. :D
Aug 22, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2013
Ryugen said:
I would join the club if you made one.

Oh dear, such a dilemma on the matter of creating a club. A club can be created in a few second, but there already are relatively active friends-focused clubs around that would probably benefit you more than a creation of a new one whose sole purpose would be this event. Do note that the community in those is (most of the time) not as unorganized as the community in the open forums. Point a request with an added explanation, and you'll have buddies instantly on your side.

Koutou said:
Go Subpyro!

Haha, what? :3
Aug 22, 2014 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
I think I'll let someone else win this time.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 22, 2014 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
I think I'll let someone else win this time.

Or maybe you're not prepared to lose! Jk.

GL to all the participants that do this.
Aug 23, 2014 6:43 AM

Jun 2014
TL;DR, there's gonna be a bazillion Free! parodies.
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Aug 25, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2014
whats the prize? a cookie? if so i am defo in XD

first to get some ''friends'' who don't actually think anime is for kids >.>
Aug 26, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
this seems fun! I can't enter, but I'd love to see what people make :)
Aug 26, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
I dunno anyone who'd want to help me voice one..
よろしく!
Aug 26, 2014 2:56 AM

Mar 2010
What youtube channel will it all go to?
Aug 29, 2014 5:15 AM

Sep 2009
Sounds fun
Aug 29, 2014 11:59 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ohhhh I really want to, but I feel like at this point, I'll be out of time.
I don't really have any ideas.
Good luck everyone!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 31, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
ah fuck, i didn't know this actually happened until now lol

i'll see if i can do something real quick before the deadline
Kineta said:
Thanks to Asap for the initial idea!
you didn't forget~
removed-userAug 31, 2014 11:59 AM
Aug 31, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
So, did submissions close already?
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 31, 2014 2:41 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Mogu-sama said:
So, did submissions close already?
Technically, they're open for another 9 hours. However, I'm wondering if we should extend the deadline... As of right now, we have a whopping single (1) submission.

Was it bad timing or was there no real interest in the event, I wonder? Shall I extend it another week?
Aug 31, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
I was trying to send it, but I get
"Could not send your message. The user may only accept messages from friends, or is not accepting from anyone at all."
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 31, 2014 2:58 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
... wow. Not sure how that happened.

You should be able to send it in now. Thanks for letting us know!
Aug 31, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
done, hope it's summer-ish enough

maybe not putting it on cd was a mistake? i for example didn't notice this until someone mentioned it randomly somewhere else
removed-userAug 31, 2014 3:08 PM
Aug 31, 2014 3:09 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Hurray :) It would have been sad if you hadn't participated after you suggested it.

We didn't put MALentine's or the Easter Scavenger Hunt in CD and that wasn't a problem.
Aug 31, 2014 9:18 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I would appreciate an extension since I only have access to the internet on my phone right now and won't have access to regular internet until after the deadline.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 1, 2014 5:14 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Submission Deadline
*Sunday, Sept 7th, 23:59 PST

You must send in your video before this date!

Voting Thread Posted
Monday, Sept 8th
or maybe 9th
Once the thread is posted, you can start voting!

Deadline extended to hopefully pull in a few more submissions!

I'll post the voting thread preemptively in CD in hopes to garner a bit more attention...
Sep 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
Kineta said:
Was it bad timing or was there no real interest in the event, I wonder?
A combination of bad timing and too complex an event explains my not participating. It's school starting season and a lot of people, myself included, are busier than usual. It also doesn't help that I would have to spend time developing new skills (I'm not sure if other people are as computer illiterate as I am) and make a youtube account just to participate, haha.

None of which is to say that this event isn't a cool idea! I'm sure that all of the entries will be fun and entertaining.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2014 6:35 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Just to comment on two things:
- You wouldn't have to make a YouTube account; we'd be uploading the videos on one YouTube account. You'd just need to upload it to a site like Dropbox, 4shared, or whatever - or find some other means to get the file to me.
- We set up the Hanabi-kun acct to help with the video editing because we figured it'd be a steep learning curve for some, so we wanted to help out. In the end, no one used it... But with the recorded sound clips and the images ready, I think the volunteers could practically throw the vid together for anyone who would be struggling. That's also part of why I suggested groups over individual submissions too, since it takes quite a bit of work.

It's a shame about the timing though. I guess I've been out of uni for too long, I didn't really consider the timing would be so bad. That and my uni in Canada never started classes until the Wednesday after Labour Day. Oh well, next time...

Thanks for your feedback :)
Sep 1, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Kineta said:
Just to comment on two things:
- You wouldn't have to make a YouTube account; we'd be uploading the videos on one YouTube account. You'd just need to upload it to a site like Dropbox, 4shared, or whatever - or find some other means to get the file to me.
Oops, haha. You're right of course. I got confused somehow.

It's a shame about the timing though. I guess I've been out of uni for too long, I didn't really consider the timing would be so bad. That and my uni in Canada never started classes until the Wednesday after Labour Day. Oh well, next time...
Classes don't start until next week for me, but I've been doing some stuff to prepare because I am a go-getter.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 2, 2014 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
extended deadline, huh

i might make something a bit better now, i only had about 2-3 hours to do my previous submission by myself, including finding a scene, recording the voice-over, downloading editing software, learning how to use it, doing the editng, etc

it was a pretty fun project, shame not more people are willing to do it
Sep 2, 2014 7:31 AM

Mar 2013
The general concept is still too complex for most MAL users, and I'm pretty sure such global events were meant to cover as much audience as possible. Something like a pure presentation show like the one SSJMaster put up tends to entertain more members. I can see that a spark tries to ignite and put up something interesting, but it just doesn't connect with the masses. It's only my opinion, but events such as this are mainly a waste of time. They are just that - some random events - there is not much interest to squeeze out.
Sep 2, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
I had a lot of fun working with friends on this one. Even if it didn't garner tons of entries, it's a great chance to make something creative with others, and we all learned a bit about the recording and editting process.

Also any hint as to when the "preemptive" voting thread will open? I'm curious to see how the other entries turned out :)
Sep 2, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
Will definitly try it, although I only just saw the news and will barely make it.. xD
Sep 2, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
With the new deadline I may be able to participate after all, but I can't promise anything. :( I still think this is a pretty fun idea.
Subpyro said:
It's only my opinion, but events such as this are mainly a waste of time. They are just that - some random events - there is not much interest to squeeze out.
Not at all! Secret Santa had a wonderful turnout and many are looking forward to participating in it again. :)

Sep 2, 2014 8:57 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Ramen said:
With the new deadline I may be able to participate after all, but I can't promise anything. :( I still think this is a pretty fun idea.
Subpyro said:
It's only my opinion, but events such as this are mainly a waste of time. They are just that - some random events - there is not much interest to squeeze out.
Not at all! Secret Santa had a wonderful turnout and many are looking forward to participating in it again. :)

MALentine was a great event as well, a lot of humorous and cute entries that was very enjoyable.
Really looking forward to the turnout for this.
Sep 2, 2014 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
Zelot said:
Ramen said:

MALentine was a great event as well, a lot of humorous and cute entries that was very enjoyable.

I've said the majority of the community, not specific individuals. If you liked it, great. But the goal of the group/person that organizes an event is to attract and entertain as many as possible. Quantity isn't the strong point of these events, which is what I wanted to come across.
Sep 2, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
Would a 7 second video with audio from another media count?

I had this weird Idea.
But I think they want stills.
Sep 2, 2014 10:24 PM
Apr 2013
Subpyro said:
Zelot said:

I've said the majority of the community, not specific individuals. If you liked it, great. But the goal of the group/person that organizes an event is to attract and entertain as many as possible. Quantity isn't the strong point of these events, which is what I wanted to come across.
The MAL Easter Egg thing was the one which received the most response from the users. Me, alone, received messages over 30 users asking for help regarding the event and considering the amount of replies in the main thread, i would say it was a very successful community event.
Sep 3, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2013
worldeditor11 said:
Easter Egg thing was the one which received the most response from the users. Me, alone, received messages over 30 users asking for help regarding the event and considering the amount of replies in the main thread, i would say it was a very successful community event.

I've received messages from over 10 users regarding what SSJMaster has done, and I did not even sign up for it nor am I a member of the staff. Most out of those found it entertaining.
Sep 3, 2014 7:11 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Shayko said:
Also any hint as to when the "preemptive" voting thread will open? I'm curious to see how the other entries turned out :)
I have opened the thread, but there will be nothing in it until the deadline has passed. I'm glad to hear you and your friends had a fun time.

Coolspot said:
Would a 7 second video with audio from another media count?
I had this weird Idea.
But I think they want stills.
We do want stills, yep. This is because anime video would be much more elaborate than moving manga panels, so we needed to even them out a bit. Part of the fun of the event was supposed to be you recording the lines, so you're kind of changing the final product. If you are set on your idea, we could include it as an honorable mention rather than a voting entry.

I'm happy to see a few more people will try to make it for the deadline. Even if you don't, it's nice to see your interest. If you need any help, don't hesitate to send Hanabi-kun a message.

It also makes me happy that many users have enjoyed the other community events we've had so far. Thank you for your kind words :) If you have any ideas for a new event, please feel free to let me know.
Sep 3, 2014 4:35 PM
Apr 2013
Subpyro said:
worldeditor11 said:
Easter Egg thing was the one which received the most response from the users. Me, alone, received messages over 30 users asking for help regarding the event and considering the amount of replies in the main thread, i would say it was a very successful community event.

I've received messages from over 10 users regarding what SSJMaster has done, and I did not even sign up for it nor am I a member of the staff. Most out of those found it entertaining.
What a coincidence, i am not even part of the staff too nor i am part of it but still received that amount of pm.

And are you suggesting an event of SSJMaster(or any hackers) hacking the site and spamming the main forums with gore and shit pics other than changing the titles of their anime? Considering the popularity among users as claimed by you, i think this will be a real "quality" event compared to Kineta's idea of a community event which is usually filled with the colours of the rainbow; As you said, these kind of events are usually a waste of time as community interests do not lie within the mods' idea of fun. I mean, they even made dozens of threads inquiring about SSJMaster in various boards in the main forums. If passed, this will be truly an event that will revive abandonware known as MAL.
worldeditor11Sep 3, 2014 4:56 PM
Sep 3, 2014 9:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Good thing I've still been looking for scenes!
I'll try my best to have something finished by Sunday.
My voice is slowly but surely coming back from a cold, so now I'm super fired up!

Sep 4, 2014 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
finding another funny scene is what i'm struggling with now, it's usually not summer themed enough or PG 13 lol
Sep 4, 2014 3:18 AM

Jul 2007
jesusdiedLOL said:
finding another funny scene is what i'm struggling with now, it's usually not summer themed enough or PG 13 lol

That's also my problem... xD
Sep 4, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
Does this absolutely have to be no longer than 4 minutes?

What I made is 11 minutes long. : (
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Sep 4, 2014 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Dunois said:
Does this absolutely have to be no longer than 4 minutes?

What I made is 11 minutes long. : (
cut out the fanservice
Sep 5, 2014 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
Wow I love voice acting but I have no friends
/gg
Sep 5, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2007
Um... if it isn't too much trouble.. could you perhaps extend the deadline for 1-2 more days?
Our editing guy can't make it this weekend :/

Edit: Ok.. we did it.. in the end i had to edit it, although I never did it before.. forgot 1 panel and a voicefile.. but yeah, it was pretty fun.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts.
KinetaSep 7, 2014 3:13 PM
Sep 7, 2014 3:15 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Sorry Sorarin, I was away for two days so I couldn't reply to your first message.

If you need another day to fix up the panel and voice file you missed, please feel free to take it. Just keep me in the loop so that I know it's on its way. I'm happy to see you and your friends participated.
Sep 7, 2014 4:25 PM

Mar 2008
I'm not participating this time since I've caught a cold and won't be able to finish my work properly, so I'm donating this picture instead. Can't wait to see everyone's final products! :)

Sep 8, 2014 12:16 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I had to take a surprise trip to Arizona this weekend. With eight hours or so spent driving that I had expected to use on doing voices and editing, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to submit on time.
I got it in at 11:57 PM though! I hope it doesn't come off as too rushed!
I reeeeaaally want to see everyone's entries so I can see if we were all on the same wavelengths!
This was really fun; I hope another event like this comes around again! Hopefully when/if it does, I can gather friends to do some editing and voicing with me instead of doing everything alone-- though it was fun that way too.

Sep 8, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
Kineta said:
Sorry Sorarin, I was away for two days so I couldn't reply to your first message.

If you need another day to fix up the panel and voice file you missed, please feel free to take it. Just keep me in the loop so that I know it's on its way. I'm happy to see you and your friends participated.

Oh cool, I will get to work asap. Expect it in around 2 hours.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by Nikmomo93 »»
1 hour ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
7 hours ago

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.