Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2009 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Curse you Ultraman!!!!

I'll admit that they opened the episode in a really hear-warming way, I mean what's better than a kiss in the dancing sunset? The whole middle part of the episode felt empty to me though, other than the realization about how small Akemiya really is.

Darn that Ushio though, she's worse than that male, main character x from that anime y where it's obvious that girl z wants his attention.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
What have they done with my Sasameki Koto ? ;A;

mflatischlerOct 21, 2009 5:38 PM
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Oct 21, 2009 6:14 PM

Sep 2007
I pretty much liked this episode, cos it finally had the feel of the original manga.

And I absolutely love Sumika's expressions :3
Oct 21, 2009 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
OK, I am really surprised about all this girl kiss business. I never saw this kind of thing. Tomoe and Miyako kissing was me having some weird feelings about this and I never was really exposed to this kind of thing. There was some in Kiddy Grade but it looked different. This looks more social realistic. Some good comedy was when all were starring at Kazama for kiss practice on the window. That was a good laugh. At 12:17 I was dissapointed at Akemiya that he did not try more with Sumika when she had her arm around him even though he blushed. Nice seeing Sumika in martial art practice but I saw it more as her venting off her frustration but she looks to be very good in martial arts. The dream of Sumika scared me a little with Kazama turning into a skeleteton. Sumika's father looks funny. Akemiya better start doing something with Sumika or he will lose her to Kazama. The whole mask thing here was just ridiculous . If you are going to kiss then do it straight not like that!....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 22, 2009 12:54 AM

May 2009
Naww the ending of this episode was so cute and heartwarming. ^^
Oct 22, 2009 2:10 AM

Mar 2009
boring. i'll stick with the manga, which is way much better than this
Oct 22, 2009 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
It seems like everyone has read the manga; should I do the same, or will it just hamper what hope I have for this anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2009 2:24 AM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
It seems like everyone has read the manga; should I do the same, or will it just hamper what hope I have for this anime?

Some people say this is more serious than the manga version. Manga is more comedy I read around. I don't think I am ready to read manga like that yet anyways. Ok seeing it a second time, there is major confusion. Kazama thinks Sumika likes boys, Tomoe/Miyako think Sumika/Kazama like each other. Personally I really would like Akemiya to move for a surprised kiss on Sumika even if it backfires on him. I still think the mask was foolish, I would take off Kazama and surprise her but guess that did not happen. Quitting karate because it is not cute when good at it is a poor reason to me. Miyako looks like a little brat to me.
francismeunierOct 22, 2009 4:12 AM

Oct 22, 2009 4:33 AM
Jun 2008
Trust me, if you read the manga, the whole issue about Sumi quitting karate because it's not cute is very rage-worthy, since the manga plays up more on the issue of Sumi trying to be "cute" and not violent.

The anime seems more romantic to me. The romance in the manga makes me want to kick things. Manga is ten times funnier though.

I just keep thinking that this anime would be so, so much better if they had another voice cast. Kazama is fine, but damn it, what are Satsuki Yukino or Nabatame Hitomi doing that they couldn't take on this role!? We need deadpan snarkers with temper issues! Takagaki Ayahi is a noob.
Oct 22, 2009 4:39 AM

Oct 2009
tehnominator said:
Trust me, if you read the manga, the whole issue about Sumi quitting karate because it's not cute is very rage-worthy, since the manga plays up more on the issue of Sumi trying to be "cute" and not violent.

I see, I was planning to start reading the manga but maybe I should wait until this anime is over? Sumi looks more violent suited than cute but her blush makes me think otherwise when her blush happens. At least she has a way of venting her frustration. The skeleton part and her hitting the mat thinking it was that skeleton was a good example of it.

Oct 22, 2009 5:26 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
tehnominator said:

I see, I was planning to start reading the manga but maybe I should wait until this anime is over? Sumi looks more violent suited than cute but her blush makes me think otherwise when her blush happens. At least she has a way of venting her frustration. The skeleton part and her hitting the mat thinking it was that skeleton was a good example of it.

I don't really have a problem separating my feelings for the anime and for the manga, but a lot of people keep making references to the manga while watching this... so I recommend finishing the anime first.

The manga is going nowhere at the moment, so by the time the anime is done, maybe it might have gotten somewhere for when you start reading it.
Oct 22, 2009 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Awww, the ending was so cute *_____* And I'm not surprised that I took a print screen of that kiss ........

Oct 22, 2009 6:57 AM

Sep 2007
tehnominator said:
I just keep thinking that this anime would be so, so much better if they had another voice cast. Kazama is fine, but damn it, what are Satsuki Yukino or Nabatame Hitomi doing that they couldn't take on this role!? We need deadpan snarkers with temper issues! Takagaki Ayahi is a noob.
Indeed. Where is Satsuki Yukino anyway? I mean, haven't heard her since... Clannad After Story I think. She would be the most perfect Sumika ever. Naba-sama comes second of course.
Oct 22, 2009 8:45 AM
Nov 2008
I'm really liking the tone of this show. It's not too heavy, and not too light either. Each side has it's extreme moments, but the overall picture is just a good mix. I'm actually glad to hear that the anime is more romance-focused than the manga, because that's really what I want out of this show. As frustrating as it will inevitably be, I'm cheering for Sumi. Mask or not, that ending made me smile!
Oct 22, 2009 9:33 AM
Jun 2008
SunyiNyufi said:
tehnominator said:
Indeed. Where is Satsuki Yukino anyway? I mean, haven't heard her since... Clannad After Story I think. She would be the most perfect Sumika ever. Naba-sama comes second of course.

You mean Naba comes in second out of one.

Heh, but in all seriousness, Satsuki was EXACTLYEXACTLYEXACTLY the voice I had for Sumika. Ein-her-face does not get the snark just right. Snarking is an art. Being rough is an art. She can't pull those off. She makes Sumi seem gentler... quieter.

And where is my Saiga Mitsuki as Tomoe!?

Damn it, why is the only voice I'm satisfied with is Kiyori's? She has the least importance out of all the characters.
Oct 22, 2009 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
mflatischler said:
What have they done with my Sasameki Koto ? ;A;

this. :(

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Oct 22, 2009 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
hahaha damn. for a second i thought that other girl was a playa. and that she would show up and steal the kiss. oh well.

i wonder why people have not gotten used to the idea that Anime adaptations do not necessarily have to conform to their manga counterparts. if you like all kinds of apples, you don't get mad if you get sour green instead of red delicious. or something like that...hehe
Oct 22, 2009 11:07 AM

Oct 2007
I guess I am not the only one that feel there is something is not right with the anime. It seems like the anime isn't loud enough to fit the mod. Maybe just as tehnominator and Suny mentioned, a better VA like Satsuki Yukino as Sumika would be a nice choice. Anyway I still like this episode though.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 22, 2009 11:20 AM

Mar 2008
That was sooooo, soooo, soooo.... unromantic !! XD
Plastic mask. Yaaaaay! ^^""""

I really couldn't take that last scene with beautiful BGM and great direction serious at all.

The whole episode wasn't as good as the last one and was leaning a bit to the more boring side. But it wasn't really bad. I am still looking forward to more of this, because there seems to be quite a bit of potential. Especially with the support cast.
Oct 22, 2009 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
Overall I enjoyed the episode. Seems like there's more comedy in this one. Now if only we could remove that plastic mask...
Oct 22, 2009 1:32 PM

Jan 2009
I rather enjoyed this episode, I'll wait till this anime adaptation is completed before commencing my manga read.
Oct 22, 2009 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
It seems to be heading back to the comedic genre that the manga had.
Oct 22, 2009 4:52 PM

Sep 2009
I will never look at Ultraman the same way again...

It's a good episode, though. You can really feel the character's emotions.
Oct 23, 2009 3:41 AM

Mar 2009
Kissing with the mask really annoyed me.

Oct 23, 2009 4:39 AM

Oct 2009
Alicia3000 said:

Yeah same feelings here. Good we share that part.

Oct 23, 2009 9:52 AM

Feb 2009
francismeunier said:
Alicia3000 said:

Yeah same feelings here. Good we share that part.

Yeah...and here i was hoping for a hot lesbian kiss,but i guess its still too early,huh :S

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 23, 2009 4:41 PM

Dec 2008
Ultraman mask FTW! Really enjoyed this moment. It was really touching and hilarious.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATA!! Omae wa mo shindeiru!
Oct 23, 2009 8:51 PM
Feb 2009
About Sumika's VA, at first I had doubts, but I think she's doing a good job so far after seeing ep 3. Sure, she doesn't make Sumika as rough and as snarky as she is in the manga. But maybe this is how the sound director sees Sumika, a Sumika that is more restrained and slightly quieter than the Sumika in our minds when we read the manga.

It works for me. Keep in mind that Sumika is a black belt in karate. Imo, being very snarky and rough is not becoming of a black belt. You need to train your mind and emotions.

Just my thoughts. *shifty eyes*
Oct 24, 2009 7:24 AM

Aug 2009
CHESTOOOOOO!

I loved when she was kicking the pad at the end.
Oct 24, 2009 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
Nice anime <3 I had doubts about this one, but I'm coming to like it. Shoujo-ai ftw. <3 And this boy is really cute. ^^
Oh, and the bacground music! It's amazing <3
Oct 25, 2009 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
I would've been so pissed if i was Murasame. I am sorry but i wouldn't be able to do that with her wearing an allien's mask. Other then that i thought this episode was ok, here's hoping it gets better.
Oct 26, 2009 1:04 PM

Sep 2009
I don't even know how I should react to this episode. I'm enjoying the anime as a whole, but I imagined a more sarcastic-y and snippy voice for Murasame-san. Also, if I was Murasame, I would totally not be able to go through with kissing the mask. Maybe she thinks that it's okay to at least have that much, if anything at all?

But when she tip-toed to meet her in the kiss... fffff-- this is one of the many reasons why I watch shoujo-ai. So adorable. .-.
-
Oct 26, 2009 10:37 PM

Dec 2007
ah!!!!! i just watched episode 3, i couldnt resist since i dont like dropping animes and im still hating the show xD

rate this 2/5!!! xD
Oct 28, 2009 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
I'm such an idiot, I'm watching what I presume to be the episode I was on. Then, when things seemed sort of odd, like I was watching something that shouldn't be happening yet I was "wait, I'm watching the wrong episode." I was watching episode 4, thank god I've read the manga and didn't really end up spoiling myself.

Good episode, and I actually prefer this version of Sumika in a way. Her more reserved outward personality complements Ushio's outgoing personality pretty well, imo. Besides, most of the humor to me comes from Sumika's thoughts. I like that they kept the mask scene in, it still cracked me up even though I remember pretty clearly that scene. It's so ridiculous, but in a good way.
Ston3_FreeN7Oct 28, 2009 9:57 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2009 6:02 AM

Jun 2007
The mask kissing scene, with blushing and 'romantic' music, was utterly retarded. How insulting would that be; someone putting on a weird mask to kiss you. lol @ how that scene was handled seriously, with no humour.

The episode was, as ever, boring. This ranks as one of the most boring anime I've seen. 'Someday's Dreamers' beats it, but it still sends me to sleep. Too many scenery shots, slow dialogue and uneventful. I'll more than likely drop it with a five after the next episode.
Oct 30, 2009 9:48 PM

Dec 2007
It was good episode. I wish they remove that plastic mask.
Nov 2, 2009 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
Wow! This was a really good episode. It had me smiling from start to finish. I haven't felt this way since lovely complex.
Nov 2, 2009 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
gameoffreak8 said:
It was good episode. I wish they remove that plastic mask.
Yeah I was waiting for that to happen, but too bad it didn't.
Nov 3, 2009 5:30 PM

Feb 2009
saxophone15 said:
Overall I enjoyed the episode. Seems like there's more comedy in this one. Now if only we could remove that plastic mask...

Agreed.

Nov 8, 2009 1:50 AM

Aug 2008
This show is really starting to grow on me. There were some very funny moments in this one. Plus this episode brings up a VERY deep philosophical question. Would you mouth kiss the person you love, if they're wearing an ugly ass mask? We know Sumi's answer. ;-)

DKJ
Dec 17, 2009 5:29 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs~ Ultraman mask .. ppl seems to like to use that as a default mask

Jan 14, 2010 5:58 PM

Dec 2007
Still felt like too serious for one of the funniest moments in the manga.The story pace in the anime is too slow for the comedy.
Feb 9, 2010 12:16 PM

Mar 2007
I NEED MOAR of this!

...downloading Aoi Hana right now :)

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Mar 2, 2010 2:33 PM

Nov 2009
having watched a lot of different series by now, the mask thing is still the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in anime.
Jan 15, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2009
Why...why did that mask leave no opening for a mouth? A semi-romantic scene just turned creepy. ;______; For all its worth, though, this episode managed to make me laugh.
Jul 25, 2012 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
I enjoyed the episode, more comedy was welcome. The mask scene was funny even if they didn't underline the absurdity of the situation but presented it with a straight face. Maybe that was for the best. Also Sumi's fantasies were funny, I can identify with the kind of one-sided love she's feeling. She's more interesting as a character, then again she's the protagonist so we get closer to her thoughts anyway. Kazama is cute in an airhead way. From what I've seen I'm not sure they'd be such a good match actually. Just thinking that when Sumi grows up a little and gains more confidence, maybe she wouldn't be happy with someone like that.
Feb 23, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2012
I spent the whole kiss trying to imagine it without the mask.
Aug 14, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
I actually thought that kiss was kind of exciting I mean when you wear that kind of mask, there's a space between the eye holes and your eyes so it's kind of like watching/peeping...

...what am I saying O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 12, 2014 7:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty slow paced so far. Sumi is slowly starting to have feelings for Kazama. That kiss at the endd was long and it looked like Sumi was enjoying every second.

Sumi's reactions make me like her even more, the whole "huh?", "Eh?, very cute.

Aug 8, 2015 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT FUCK FUCK FUCK
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarcyD - Dec 30, 2009

127 by euls »»
Apr 14, 12:16 AM

» Who the $@#% thought this was a good way to end this series?!?

KingYoshi - Apr 8, 2013

10 by stockhousing »»
Jan 31, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 4 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 2, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 12 Discussion

Proselyt - Dec 23, 2009

31 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sasameki Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Dec 16, 2009

58 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 11, 2022 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.