Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I know you can do it koyoshi !!!
OH YEAH Kuro-gami Alley-oop for the finishing touch !!!
Kagami's magnificent dunk ends the game !!!
We have a new champion !! Seirin won it all !! hardships and efforts are worth it !!
Very Great chapter !!!
AnimeLaver01Aug 20, 2014 2:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 2:52 AM

Sep 2011
I cant believe, i still have to comment on the same kuroko-kagami buzzer beater shit..

NO, it's a complete disappointment. THIS MATCH SHOULD HAVE FINISHED IN A DIFFERENT WAY... 1/5
ember-moonAug 31, 2014 11:36 AM
Aug 20, 2014 3:19 AM

Jul 2010
The game is finally over. Rakuzan vs Seirin started on Sept 23, 2013 and almost 11 months have passed since then...

Akashi should have just foul'd Kuroko, the moment it falls into his hands, when he can predict that far.

That would have been more interesting...
Asuka_10Aug 20, 2014 3:24 AM
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Aug 20, 2014 3:44 AM

May 2011
YES, finally it's over!
Aug 20, 2014 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
bulk_density said:
I cant believe, i still have to comment on the same kuroko-kagami buzzer beater shit..

NO, it's a complete disappointment. THIS MATCH SHOULD HAVE FINISH IN A DIFFERENT WAY... 1/5

It wasn't "entirely" like that. Izuki won the ball back, Hyuga won the free throw and missed just so Kiyoshi could win the rebound - then Kuroko lost his marker and provided the assist for Kagami's shot. The winning basket was a team effort. Still - the whole series revolved around Kuroko-Kagami partnership so it's not surprising that the author decided to end the match this way.

However - I am kinda disappointed that Kuroko never even entered the zone.
Aug 20, 2014 4:23 AM

Jan 2014
SilentTruth said:
YES, finally it's over!
YAY~! It's good to know that it's over. Finally!

I found myself feeling curious on what will happen to Akashi (after the match) more than anything else.

Aug 20, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
Finally, the match is over. I don't think it would be wise for Kuroko no Basket to continue further than it is now.
Aug 20, 2014 5:10 AM

May 2010
i am happy this is finally over and seirin won but this still is by far the worst match of the manga and i doubt anything can change that. the outcome of this match was obvious the minute it started.

5/5 for it being over. 1/5 for the quality of the match.

for me the manga is DONE. i dont want to read it past the next 5-10 chapters.
Aug 20, 2014 5:20 AM
Aug 2014
Boring match. Too much plot armor for Serin.
Too much Nakama power and BS power-up .
padasamaAug 20, 2014 5:57 AM
Aug 20, 2014 7:03 AM

Sep 2011
Midgardsorm said:
bulk_density said:

NO, it's a complete disappointment. THIS MATCH SHOULD HAVE FINISH IN A DIFFERENT WAY... 1/5

It wasn't "entirely" like that. Izuki won the ball back, Hyuga won the free throw and missed just so Kiyoshi could win the rebound - then Kuroko lost his marker and provided the assist for Kagami's shot. The winning basket was a team effort. Still - the whole series revolved around Kuroko-Kagami partnership so it's not surprising that the author decided to end the match this way.

However - I am kinda disappointed that Kuroko never even entered the zone.

i completely agree with you that we're unable to see kuroko in the zone. that's a total failure, too..

but, considering seirin vs too academy & rakuzan, i dont see that much difference between the last attacks of these two matches.. alley oop pass from kuroko to kagami and dunk.. not even mentioning the last attack in semi final against kaijo..

Rakuzan clearly is the stronger team and deserved to win. It's Akashi that i'm talking about. Such a powerful character could have foreseen and intercept that last pass!!!

anyway. i hope this is not the end of the series. we must definitely see kiseki no sedai together. some new extremely powerful enemies against kiseki no sedai (5 or 6 players from usa) can be introduced. we have seen a similar final arc in eyeshield 21. that would be great to see it in KnB, too :) then there, we could see kuroko, kise and midorima in the zone maybe :)
Aug 20, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
YES! YES! YES!!!!!

Loved the end of the match. A lot of people call it boring and predictable, but in the end, it was classic KnB, and that's just what I love. I'm satisfied ^u^
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 20, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2013
padasama said:
Every match after Kagami vs. Aomine in the zone was mediocre IMO.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 20, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2010
Baku219 said:
padasama said:
Every match after Kagami vs. Aomine in the zone was mediocre IMO.

Right on!
Aug 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2014
what bullshit man... I can't find the right words to comment this sort of ending.So shitty and predictable.
Aug 20, 2014 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
demrador said:
what bullshit man... I can't find the right words to comment this sort of ending.So shitty and predictable.

you got it right
Aug 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
I just want to comment on the people in this thread. This match and manga are both awesome. Please go have fun reading some other manga you neckbearded basement dweller sewer cunts.

Nobody can see past OHHHH AKASHI, RAKUZAN SHOULD WIN and see that they're all assholes and don't deserve to win. AKASHI LITERALLY TRIED TO SHANK THE MAIN CHARACTER. But because he was the OP leader of the Generation of Miracles he has to the winner until the end. PLUS SEIRIN ARE THE PROTAGONIST, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN, IT'S CALLED KUROKO NO BASUKE NOT RAKUZAN NO BASUKE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

ps. there has never been a realistic conversation about this manga on this site ever and it will never change because you're all rodents.
Aug 20, 2014 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Boring and loooong game with a few good moments.
Rakuzan had the better team but Seirin won because lolfriendship.
Aug 20, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
bulk_density said:
Rakuzan clearly is the stronger team and deserved to win. It's Akashi that i'm talking about. Such a powerful character could have foreseen and intercept that last pass!!!

anyway. i hope this is not the end of the series. we must definitely see kiseki no sedai together. some new extremely powerful enemies against kiseki no sedai (5 or 6 players from usa) can be introduced. we have seen a similar final arc in eyeshield 21. that would be great to see it in KnB, too :) then there, we could see kuroko, kise and midorima in the zone maybe :)

It was the last year when Kiyoshi was able to play basketball so it was obvious Seirin were going to win this.

Kiseki no sedai are no longer playing together so I don't think that giving "them" new opponents right now would be a good idea - it would look like the author was just forcing himself to prolong the story. From the start it was all about Kuroko wanting to show his teammates from middle school that their ways were wrong - he has already achieved that.

We have already seen Kise and his "perfect copy" - so we can treat it like the zone in some way. I can also kinda understand why Kuroko didn't enter the zone - he was supposed to be the "everyman" who had no talent in basketball but became great thanks to his hard work. I'm still disappointed though...

I think that now we're gonna see some kind of reunion of the members of generation of miracles, then there's gonna be a flosh-forward when Kuroko and Kagami are already in their second year and they are playing against Shutoku. There will be an image of Midorima in the zone and the manga will end. That's my prediction.
Aug 20, 2014 3:49 PM
Jan 2014
gingabishounen said:
AKASHI LITERALLY TRIED TO SHANK THE MAIN CHARACTER.

^^Akashi can predict other people's movements, so he probably predicted that kagami would avoid it...

Anyway I would give this ending a 2/5 but i'll give it a 3/5 because that kuroko smile was epic :D
Aug 20, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't like how it ended as another alley oop of Kuroko and Kagami... but I did like he is saying that he is a "Shadow" after all. It all became a team effort in the end...

Can't wait for the celebratory chapter!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
1/5.
Aug 20, 2014 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
It's over, it's finally over. Predictable as hell but I am satisfied. He's called Kuroko as a titular character for a reason.
Aug 20, 2014 10:41 PM

May 2010
"A wind of conclusion draws near!! next week - a shocking new development color page spread!!"

oh gawd ...just let it end.
Aug 20, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2009
...yeah, im just happy it's finally over. geez. lol
it wasnt bad but too much back and forth and people pulling off a houdini whenever their backs were against the wall.
Aug 20, 2014 11:07 PM

Apr 2014
I saw that alley-oop from a mile away.
Aug 20, 2014 11:11 PM

May 2013
It's over!!! Nice pass by Kuroko and a dunk by Kagami to end the game.
Aug 20, 2014 11:18 PM
Oct 2013
I think I went to the wrong thread *flies away to fairy tail*
Aug 20, 2014 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
Well, that was a bit anticlimactic.
Aug 20, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
I feel like Fujimaki wrote himself into a corner by making Rakuzan absurdly strong at some points then remembering that Seirin has to win he nerfs them at other points because plot armour. Seirin also had it's fair share of buffs and nerfs which was just annoying to me, I would have preferred if they were more consistent and evenly matched and it went to overtime thanks to Kuroko and Kagami giving more time for Akashi to show off his power. It was really boring with all the Nakama powaa and stupid nerfs. Overall 2/5, really disappointed with this match.
Aug 21, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2013
Felt rather disappointed about this, yet, surprisingly satisfied with it all.
Weird, huh.
Aug 21, 2014 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
final and shittiest match
too much plot armor, nakama power, power up and bullshit in a single chapter
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 21, 2014 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
finally its over and seirin is the champion
Aug 21, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2014
...That... was... REALLY ANTICLIMACTIC. The match dragged on for way longer than it should've and the ending was really forced. It's like the author just realized that "Oh! The name of the manga is KUROKO NO BASKET, so he just forced Kuroko into the last pages of the most important match of the manga. It didn't feel natural. The match itself gets a 2/10 and the entire manga will probably get a 7/10 from me, would've been an 8/10 if the ending match was better...
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Apr 2012
It was predictable.

Well What done is done.

i'm just wandering what next for this Manga?

are they gonna take "Eyeshield" route by gathering all Japan best players to face American team or something?
Aug 21, 2014 3:22 AM

Apr 2010
Rakuzan should have won....
Aug 21, 2014 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
Jesus you people are salty. Go write your own manga, jerk off to it, and be happy.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 21, 2014 4:43 AM
Apr 2011
Honestly speaking, I expected Kiyoshi to enter the zone. Especially in 273 when he placed EVERYTHING on the line. He's capable of playing PF, PG and Center. Just never expected such a... normal ending for
it. :/

Hope I'm not the only one who feels this way!
Aug 21, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2014
S73v0 said:
I feel like Fujimaki wrote himself into a corner by making Rakuzan absurdly strong at some points then remembering that Seirin has to win he nerfs them at other points because plot armour. Seirin also had it's fair share of buffs and nerfs which was just annoying to me, I would have preferred if they were more consistent and evenly matched and it went to overtime thanks to Kuroko and Kagami giving more time for Akashi to show off his power. It was really boring with all the Nakama powaa and stupid nerfs. Overall 2/5, really disappointed with this match.

Yeah I agree.. Im disappointed with the same alley-oop + slamdunk combo ending...
Aug 21, 2014 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
ehh. that 2 minute read was just boring, had no reaction at all.

I liked kuroko's character and background story when i started this but now, all i had in mind is that he's just a gatekeeper.

the name of this series should had been "Buzzer Beater" but that was already taken.
Aug 21, 2014 5:07 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty lame win..
Aug 21, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2012
The entire match was boring. 2/5
Aug 21, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2012
Well , the match is finally over now. It was pretty exciting , though i am a little dissapointing that he couldn't find a new way to end this game. Anyway , nice match. Good job , Seirin.
Aug 21, 2014 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
It's over,it's finally over...
Aug 21, 2014 6:41 AM

Dec 2010
Haha, well, that's fine by me. Actually I was expecting them to lose, so it's a good "turn of events".
Now let's just hope it won't go any further...
Aug 21, 2014 8:10 AM
Jan 2012
To be honest, I don't really see it being "over"... Maybe match-wise, but we still haven't seen Ogiwara and Kuroko make up (that part during the game didn't really count), and I'm hoping we see Nijimura again!
The match was great, guys, in reality things aren't unpredictable and even if this isn't reality, something far-fetched would have been disappointing.
The Rakuzan team was a mess. Seirin was losing, but then clearly doing all they could. Remember in the match against Kaijo, where Seirin was stressed about becoming the "bad guys"? Rakuzan felt like that, I think. They had so much on their minds, with the new Akashi and the fear of facing defeat for the first time... It felt like Rakuzan couldn't match the enthusiasm that Seirin had the entire game. And I think that the zone wouldn't help the CG's teamwork anyway. The true cases of teamwork we've seen in this series (Aomine-Kuroko, Kagami-Kuroko, Midorima-Takao, Hyuuga-Izuki, etc.) all doubled as friendship and trust. When Kagami was in the zone, he STOPPED passing, even. When you think of it that way, more than Seirin needing to win, Rakuzan needed to lose. Both teams are made up of 1st- and 2nd-years, so they're only losing one person each next year (Kiyoshi and Mayuzumi).
(Also, I agree, I wouldn't want Kuroko to go into the zone, because he represents reaching your goals through hard work and spirit.)
I liked that last basket. It was simple. Remember a while ago, Furihata got a super easy basket? "More than anything flashy, all players want to shoot a simple basket" or something like that? They won with an alley-oop assisted by the entire team. Lol, I could tell that Fujimaki was waiting the entire series to write that four-point-play.
Either way, I'm still really excited for the anime's 3rd season! If these last three matches were this epic as a manga, imagine how awesome they'd be animated! Plus if the Teiko Arc becomes part of the anime, I will totally go crazy. I freakin' love every part of this series, and I'm going to be really sad when it ends. (Plus, there needs to be another KuroBas Cup, this time with Himuro, Murasakibara, Akashi, and Ogiwara. The manga had better not end until then.)
This is the end of my dream. My wings forgot how to fly, since I only kept pretending to flap them. Is there a meaning to wings that can't fly?
(Air TV)
Aug 21, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2009
midgardsorm's prediction for the manga's end is really amusing. i can't imagine it ending like that, but if it did, that'd certainly be a suitable ending.

there's always the possibility to drag this out and repeat everything with new characters and all to replace the third years, but hopefully that doesn't happen and the series does end up settling down to an end. more closure on what all the characters are up to now would be great. ovo

nothing productive to say about the ending of this match. predictable and while the kuroko-kagami moment was appreciable, the miraculous saves and points by seiren were still rather disappointing.
Aug 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
Man screw all that, as a Rakuzan fan I'm not mad that they lost, I'm just mad at the way Seirin won.

Smh...
Aug 21, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
Serien wins! Don't think this match was as good as others, but I'll wait to see it animated :)
Aug 21, 2014 12:27 PM
Jan 2013
Come on guys, series won. We cannot do anything. Yes, now I know they won and they won the winter cup as well but that doesn't mean KNB will end. Maybe there will be a new character, or maybe something new will come xD well I'm glad dat series won.
gingabishounen said:
I just want to comment on the people in this thread. This match and manga are both awesome. Please go have fun reading some other manga you neckbearded basement dweller sewer cunts.

Nobody can see past OHHHH AKASHI, RAKUZAN SHOULD WIN and see that they're all assholes and don't deserve to win. AKASHI LITERALLY TRIED TO SHANK THE MAIN CHARACTER. But because he was the OP leader of the Generation of Miracles he has to the winner until the end. PLUS SEIRIN ARE THE PROTAGONIST, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN, IT'S CALLED KUROKO NO BASUKE NOT RAKUZAN NO BASUKE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

ps. there has never been a realistic conversation about this manga on this site ever and it will never change because you're all rodents.

^
Aug 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Well that escalated quickly, after all that dragging.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 15, 2009

5 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:55 AM

» Top 5 "Generation of Miracles" ( 1 2 )

Fumito - Sep 4, 2012

72 by weraaa »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:12 PM

» Kuroko no basket team maker

nikz200 - Nov 4, 2014

6 by LEYODD192 »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torrible - Aug 27, 2014

72 by Kitsu-nee »»
Mar 8, 2022 4:21 PM

» Will Kuroko ever enter the zone?

okomiyaki - May 11, 2013

19 by Melih_Atas »»
Oct 21, 2018 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.