Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 23, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Hisoka shenanigans..
Aug 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2012
riders high is that a GTO reference?
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
NoobHunterD said:
riders high is that a GTO reference?

nah. That definitely crossed my mind tho

the song's called Driver's High btw
Aug 29, 2014 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
Alluka and Something are complete opposites in facial appearance, so I think that it's pretty funny that she goes from super kowai to super kawaii haha
Aug 30, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
i thought Morel was stronger, he is still awesome tho.
In the previous arc Togashi made us think that hunters weren't that powerful, and now he shows a bunch of overpowered guys along with Hisoka and Ilumi, two of the most mysteriously powerful guys on the show. That's why I love HxH
Sep 5, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2013
Great episode. I'm really enjoying all the politics and mind games of this arc. It makes for a thrilling and suspenseful watch.

As usual, though, the most compelling thing about this episode was Illumi, and his interactions with Killua. The dynamic between the two characters is so intriguing, and the continued insight into Illumi's twisted psyche more so. He was more than willing to sacrifice himself to ensure the safety of the rest of his family, demonstrating his love for them, and that includes Killua. He was practically shaking with glee at the thought that his death would cause Killua pain forever, guaranteeing that Killua will never forget him. In Illumi's mind this is equivalent to living in Killua's heart forever.

And I think that's what's really unsettling: Illumi truly loves Killua more than anyone else. This entire arc has been hammering home that point, especially ever since Illumi blew up on Hisoka when the latter threatened Killua's life. He loves him so much that he has no problem dying and causing him endless guilt as long as it ensures that Killua never forgets him. It gives all of Illumi's previous actions a new context. Illumi probably thought that sticking a needle into his little brother's head and controlling him was a perfectly reasonable and kind thing to do. In Illumi's mind, Killua becoming the perfect assassin is the most he could hope for, just like his mother; it's not a coincidence she's on Illumi's side in all this. To that end, Illumi causes Killua misery, pain, guilt, all with the conviction that it's for the best. In short, Illumi's malicious actions actually have no malicious intent behind them. They are, in Illumi's twisted mind, acts of love.

He's so oblivious that he doesn't realize that Killua doesn't love him as much as he loves him, or at all. In his mind, he and Killua are both dear to one another. Or perhaps he does contain some awareness? He certainly knows how much Alluka loves Killua, and indeed, the way he constantly harasses and angers Killua, intentionally, by degrading Alluka seems to almost imply some sort of...jealousy. Killua loves Alluka, while ignoring the brother that loves him. It's mostly speculation at this point, but it's something to think about.

I was thinking the traitor would be Canary due to her name, but it seems that was just a clever red herring. Good solution all the same, to have the most loyal member be the unwitting leak in the group.

Also, more Hisoka creepiness. We haven't had in a long time, and it is glorious.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Sep 8, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2013
This episode was just packed with awesome moments of all our key players. Illumi made the episode for me though. Like MeAm said the best part of Illumi is that his motivation and deeds are conflicting as hell. He is extremely entertaining to watch and I wished that Togashi gave him more scene time.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 18, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
Why didn't Killua tell Illumi about that healing rule earlier? That he can heal Gon without any risk. I know it's not like Illumi will buy it. Then Gotoh and those amateur hunters probably wouldn't have to die. Did I miss something?
Sep 28, 2014 2:27 AM

Nov 2013
Hisoka's assassinations always make me moist in the loins...

Sep 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
I was grinning like a madman at the end when Morel continued to talk to Teradein after Hisoka killed him.

Oct 10, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
i kept repeating the part when hisoka threw the map away saying 'oh really' for some reason
Oct 25, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2012
Tsubone's power is still the weirdest damn thing in hxh.

Nov 8, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2014
When Leorio said jerking off I was like o_O. Then he says "Forget about the jerking off". Lmao.
Nov 16, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2014
So unless the creators pull an asshole move and pariston wins, basically the only noteworthy character in the top 4 is Leorio, who is only there because he punched Ging....
Jan 12, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
AllenVonStein said:
Tsubone's power is still the weirdest damn thing in hxh.

Nothing wrong with HxH having a Transformer as a character lol.
Mar 25, 2015 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
Hisoka and Illumi make a great team.
May 25, 2015 6:04 PM

Mar 2015
Hisokas rape face is back in full force
Sep 18, 2015 4:26 AM
Sep 2015
keragamming said:
Solid episode. Damn Alluka is so op. She's like Shenron in dbz that can grant wishes. I'm really interested in her back story like how she was created if she's in fact not a human.

Also that old lady name Tsubone can now turn into a plane? lol she's such a useful person.

I think Tsubone is related to Morel they both have the same type of nose.

It can't just be me right? No other character has those type of nose.

Hey, yeah, I see it too, plus the whole getting emotional part of her reminds me of morel, you may be onto something ;)
Oct 5, 2015 1:07 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder how many people they have killed in this arc. Civilians, hunters, even.
Jan 21, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
Wtf is hisoka thinking now?!?!
Feb 19, 2016 3:08 AM

Oct 2012
Hisoka, your thinking process is definitely weird

Leorio please win!! xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
Another great episode in what I would hesitantly and somewhat early call my favorite Hunter x Hunter arc. Killua and Illumi's battle for power reaches its conclusion, and it's not as brutal as it could have been. In fact it may reignite again before the series ends. Still we learn that despite his fierce protectiveness of Alluka, Killua is not willing to kill his older brother if he can avoid it. Tsubone fulfilling the requests was an awesome scene, as well as Killua's impassioned explanation of Something's moral relativity. Alluka really does have my favorite power, you can just learn new stuff about it everytime.

One of the most interesting side arcs is the independent faction who are wiped out here. When Killua (savagely I might add) sells his brother out for his wrong doings an independent group against continuing the chairman system tries to cash in on this by capturing Illumi and bringing him to justice. It's ultimately more than they can chew, and after they die here it's just supposed to be another reason to hate and distrust Pariston. But as an American in 2016 where our country has grown increasingly disillusioned with the two party system and started looking for alternatives, this was a pretty real little storyline.

Killua's frustratingly close to Gon. He may be healing him by the very next episode nothing left to do but wait and see.
Sep 21, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2010
Killua cried when he was given the choice to choose either Illumi or Alluka...! I'm weak against scenes of Killua crying u___u Even if he did try to sell his brother off, I'm glad to know that he is unwilling to sacrifice one for the other - well at least as long as Illumi does not kill Alluka.

Hisoka and his way of thinking lol is he a masochist? XD Though it'll be interesting to see Illumi x Hisoka fight, I kind of wish that it won't happen because that means we'll have to see either one dead - since this series is more brutal in killing off characters, I don't doubt that'll be the end of their fight if it were to happen
blue-ySep 21, 2016 5:20 AM
Oct 25, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Hisoka thinking about his options.

Hisoka rape face.

Leorio ended up being #2. Nice.

5 episodes left. Fuck.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2016 12:01 AM

Sep 2015
Aww Biscuit is out. Rip Teradein & the Captain and many others. I will hope the butlers don't die and illumi gets killed.
Jul 16, 2017 5:16 AM
Jun 2016
Awww killua is emotional again, that wish was surprising. Im all for leorio!
Oct 30, 2017 1:42 AM

Oct 2015
So.... all those lives were wasted for Killua's selfish wish to save a friend? And it could have been avoided if he simply explained Alluka's power to his family?

I'm confused.. What made him keep that a secret from his family?
Dec 11, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2013
No wonder Tsubone hates Killua's mother. She's a fucking bitch and a user. Looks hella weak too. Too bad Silva cares about her >.>

I'm glad Killua healed Tsubone's left hand. And Nanika was soooo adorable when she asked Kil to pat her head then fell asleep TTuTT so sweet. I love Nanika and Alluka :')

My nerves were on edge when Hisoka was approaching his prey. Didn't want him to kill Morel >< thank goodness it was only that Seirin dude :3
I think I'd be cool with it if Leorio was the new chairman hehe. Just excited to hear his speech. He looked so passionate talking :') but I feel like in the end, Pariston will win bc he keeps coming out on top with the most votes. Unless the final speeches change it all .-. who knowsssss :}
Dec 31, 2017 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
This was intense.

Illumi caught up with Killua and Alluka. But Killua wished for something different. Instead of wishing he used a command to heal his butler.
That was a rule that he didn't mention to Illumi before. I thought that rule was unique. When you command something to heal, he will be nice and will not do requests. However, if you ask something for a wish, then the request will be harsh which will cost you your life.

And Leorio was second place during the 7th election. Eff yeah. If he becomes chairman, the hunter association will be screwed hahaha!!!

5/5

Jan 26, 2018 11:15 PM

Mar 2016
Wow, I hate Pariston... I hope Leorio or someone good will be chosen...
Feb 15, 2018 11:11 PM
Feb 2018
Does anyone know what music plays when it was killua vs illumi and the episode was amazing
Aug 21, 2018 12:04 PM

Dec 2014
four candidates remain it would be so cool if leorio won…I hate the rat guy
Jan 5, 2019 8:34 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby episode, quite like this arc's pacing more. looking forwards to see what's next.
Mar 8, 2019 8:20 PM

Sep 2018
I REALLY DON'T LIKE ILLUMI! From the start until I finished this anime!! I do't like Hisoka and Meruem at first, but I able to like them but Illumi is NO! I really don't like him everrrrrr
Sep 28, 2019 8:13 AM
Apr 2018
Butler granny power is bullshit man
Nov 2, 2019 2:42 AM

May 2016
I guess that I kinda got the gist of how Alluka and Nanika works. They're pretty much split personalities~

For a party named after the legendary group Netero was a proud member of, the Seirin Group certainly didn't last as long against the rogue Hunter as one would've wanted to believe. With most of the competition out of the way, that means that Leorio's guaranteed to at least have the Vice Chairman position even if Pariston wins by a landslide, wow.

Illumi and Hisoka might've retreated for now but I'm certain that they'll be causing a lot more trouble not long after.

Dec 15, 2019 2:20 PM

Sep 2017
Amazing how nobody else has ever made a "nice" wish from Alluka to find out that it doesn't have consequences.
Jan 1, 2020 1:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Is Alluka's other name ”Nanika” or do they just refer to her as ”Something”? Well, the latter is a dark pronoun to use, and I would totally see why, seeing the nature of this show, but I need a clarification. Because that translation threw me off.
Jan 29, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
So much for Seirin Group lol
That's an interesting rule for nanika.
And yes it's not the tool fault but the users

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 19, 2020 5:25 AM

Dec 2007
hunter hunter politics are done well, really like how they made the elections to be intense only through politics.

hisoka's deliberation was so damn good.

so when alluka is healing it can't make destruction, wonder what the final rule.

i think this arc actually better than green island arc, don't understand why people find this arc bad.
Sep 2, 2020 9:48 PM
Nov 2014
Mr. Brother Complex over here has more than a few screws loose - checks out that he's friends with Hisoka. They're both crazy. Why did Hisoka kill the Seirin dude btw?

Edit: answered my own question - I forgot that in the speech Teradein was willing to reveal Illumi's identity
mbyhmmaSep 2, 2020 9:52 PM
Sep 29, 2020 8:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm that's a nice move of Killua for the wish... now the situation is still really tense.
Dec 4, 2020 2:46 PM
Aug 2020
Pariston reminds of Pouf they're both nicely creepy :0

LMAOO Hisoka planning who's death will give him more action was funny but missed up at the same time ...
Dec 13, 2020 3:45 AM

Apr 2013
So Alluka only requests evil things if she gets evil wishes before, I kinda like that concept. The hunter association is hella disappointing though, seems like it doesn't take much to become one lol
Dec 21, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2020
Damn Hisoka kinda THICC ngl
Jun 4, 2021 4:46 AM
Mar 2021
vent said:
Damn Hisoka kinda THICC ngl

Truly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thicc thighs save lives

FacktackJun 5, 2021 3:37 AM
Jun 8, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
Hisoka assassinated the guy who tried exposing him and Illumi !!!

Nov 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2021
Pariston is kinda creepy I don't like him.
Dec 26, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
Illumi is the perfect manipulator!
Jan 29, 2022 2:57 PM

Feb 2020
I love how close Leorio is to becoming the Chairman.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.