Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Aug 11 - 17

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2014 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
moonnya said:
bigivelfhq said:

The Story is well written!
The animation(the used 3D is questionable though, but it gets better later), the character designs, the voice acting, the Background Music, the musics sang are all very good.
The main interest points of the series are well made too! By main interest points I mean, the Moe aspect of it and the Idol aspect of it.
In reality Love Live! Creates a cool and innovative way of Idol culture, the school Idol. I don't know if it existed before Love Live but certainly it wasn't that much known.

If you like Moe and Idol culture, than you will love Love Live. If you hate those things, than of course you will have a big problem with it, giving that is the center of the series.
Good points of it are also that it doesn't have the other two most used genres, and arguably worst, of the current anime industry: Harem and Ecchi.
The story, the pacing, the characters, the characters interactions and everything around the series is really, but really, well made.

Also note that the popularity of the series spiked in the second season due to the really successful mobile game and the popularity of the songs. In the first season the series was a really popular series, but a little higher than Free swim club popularity.

I have problem with music genre, and all girls as main characters
I dont have problem with all the things you say
Should I watch Love Live ?

It has a lot of music and the cast is all made of girls, I don't remember ever seeing a male character in the anime. So you have all this cons about the series.
If even knowing that you're still interested to see what is about, and you're prepared to embrace those problems, than sure watch the series.
Aug 20, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
I don't know where people keep getting convinced of this idea that Love Live isn't popular in Japan but here's some statistics:

- The first volume of the second season has sold 110,000 discs so far [source]
- The second volume without all the extras and discount still sold about 50,000 [source]
- In 13th months since it's release the cell phone game has over 3 million subscribers as of July and still growing. It single-handedly put the company that developed it in the black upon the 2nd season airing and you can see the stock spike coinciding with it. [source]
- The franchise has as of this week 3 Gold certified music discs (over 100,000 copies served) and since the anime aired has seen many Top 5 and even Top 3 Oricon charting singles and albums. [source]
- Fans in Asian countries have been caught on camera literally prostrating themselves in public before images of the characters indicating a fervor and craze like behavior. [source]
-At Comiket 86 this week the art book for Love Live sold out entirely within 30 minutes of the booth selling it. [source]
- Love Live has been granted it's own board on 2ch. The only other anime series I know of to have this are Cardcaptor Sakura and Evangelion.[source]

I don't know but it looks pretty darn popular, but people are free to convince themselves of whatever they want to believe and probably will cause this is MAL after all. It's just kind of rich though, like the show is undeniably popular and yet a sizeable chunk of MAL still tries to find some way to deny it and act like it's some sort of fringe anime or something with apparently these couple thousand fans that just buy hundreds of discs so it looks popular and that's it. I don't know where people get these crazy ideas other than in their own head or by reading too much 4chan or something.

Urek said:
uhh... am i the only one wondering why everyone in japan buys love life? it is just another "moe girls dancing to music"... right? then why turns out every otaku in japan is... such weird o_o

no seriously. i watched the first episode and didnt even finish it because thats all seemingly there is o_o

I don't know.....like I don't know why everyone in Japan buys Monogatari series consistently, which is apparently the only show exempt from being accused of ever being bought for reasons of fanservice, moe and attractive female designs yet it's hardcore fans always seem to turn a blind eye to this appeal then turn around and accuse other franchises of milking attractive female designs and start chucking stones at other fanbases for shows they haven't even watched for liking "weird" shit, being otaku and *gasp* liking girls dancing....to music. How scandalous lol, never mind some of the stuff that makes it's way into other late night anime that people on MAL champion turn around and champion like girls getting toothbrushes jammed down their throats while moaning in ecstasy for nearly half an episode or girls making out and kissing in the middle of fight scenes which some consider the holy grail of 6/5 entertainment or whatever.

It's just bloody rich. I mean look, people obviously have different tastes though. I may think things like Monogatari are junk, but obviously it's extremely popular with a lot of people and I'm not going to sit here and try to deny it lol. Also if you actually saw the first episode of the show you'd know that's not all there is. Hell they haven't even formed their group in the first episode of that show.

bigivelfhq said:
Urek said:
uhh... am i the only one wondering why everyone in japan buys love life? it is just another "moe girls dancing to music"... right? then why turns out every otaku in japan is... such weird o_o

no seriously. i watched the first episode and didnt even finish it because thats all seemingly there is o_o

The Story is well written!
The animation(the used 3D is questionable though, but it gets better later), the character designs, the voice acting, the Background Music, the musics sang are all very good.
The main interest points of the series are well made too! By main interest points I mean, the Moe aspect of it and the Idol aspect of it.
In reality Love Live! Creates a cool and innovative way of Idol culture, the school Idol. I don't know if it existed before Love Live but certainly it wasn't that much known.

If you like Moe and Idol culture, than you will love Love Live. If you hate those things, than of course you will have a big problem with it, giving that is the center of the series.
Good points of it are also that it doesn't have the other two most used genres, and arguably worst, of the current anime industry: Harem and Ecchi.
The story, the pacing, the characters, the characters interactions and everything around the series is really, but really, well made.

Also note that the popularity of the series spiked in the second season due to the really successful mobile game and the popularity of the songs. In the first season the series was a really popular series, but a little higher than Free swim club popularity.

I'm not a huge fan of moe and idol culture but I enjoyed the quirkiness of the characters a lot and actually found a lot of the scenes pretty amusing. It doesn't rely overwhelmingly on blushing girls and moe moe moments and they actually seem to have their own individual goals as well as common ones that give the show a sense of purpose, drive and energy which is something that is lacking from a lot of contemporary moe shows. It's also quite well directed and there's nothing lazy about it's production which was also kind of a pleasant surprise. Really it kind of reminds me of a 90's-early 2000's series in terms of how it handles a predominantly female cast and premise though there are the occasional episodes that do dip a little more into the moe moe stuff like the whole episode about Rin and Hanayo not wanting to wear a certain dress where I thought they were practically going to make out by the end they were laying the yuri tension on so thick during the climax.
PeacingOutAug 20, 2014 10:22 AM
Aug 20, 2014 10:22 AM
Jul 2013
thepath said:
rederoin said:
New amazon stalker estimates.

21 July(26 shows) -> 4 August(30 shows) -> 18 August(33 shows)

*Only has the amazon-only edition up on amazon, will probably be underestimated.
**Show is popular among the female fanbase, will probably be underestimated.
***Is both popular among female fans and only the amazon-only edition is up on amazon, will probably be heavilly underestimated.
****Short series(3-5min)

20.3k -> 14.4k -> 11.9k Sword Art Online II*
11.6k -> *8.6k -> 10.7k Free! -Eternal Summer-**
*5.4k -> *7.6k -> *7.7k Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 
10.0k -> *7.6k -> *7.4k Persona 4 The Golden*
----------------------6.0k----------------------------
*0.0k -> *5.5k -> *5.5k Aldnoah.Zero*
*8.6k -> *7.0k -> *5.0k Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal
*3.3k -> *3.6k -> *4.3k Barakamon
*3.6k -> *4.0k -> *4.0k Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus***
*2.7k -> *3.9k -> *4.0k Tokyo Ghoul
*4.4k -> *3.8k -> *3.6k Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
*2.7k -> *2.7k -> *3.3k Bakumatsu Rock**
----------------------3.0k----------------------------
*4.0k -> *3.4k -> *2.8k Yama no Susume S2
*1.2k -> *2.7k -> *2.3k Futsuu no Joshikousei ga【Locodol】Yattemita.
*2.0k -> *2.1k -> *2.2k Hanayamata 
*1.1k -> *1.6k -> *2.0k Rokujyoma no Shinryakusha!?
*1.2k -> *1.9k -> *1.8k Sabagebu!
*1.3k -> *1.8k -> *1.8k Jinsei
----------------------*1.8k----------------------------
*1.0k -> *1.2k -> *1.4k RAIL WARS! 
*1.2k -> *1.3k -> *1.3k Space Dandy S2
*0.0k -> *1.2k -> *1.3k Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
*2.2k -> *1.5k -> *1.2k Sengoku Basara Judge End
*0.0k -> *1.8k -> *1.2k Love Stage!**
*0.0k -> *0.0k -> *1.1k PriPara
*0.0k -> *1.1k -> *1.0k Zankyou no Terror*
*0.9k -> *1.0k -> *0.9k Glass lip
*0.7k -> *0.7k -> *0.9k Ai Mai Mii Act II!****
*0.5k -> *0.6k -> *0.5k Majimoji Rurumo
*0.8k -> *0.7k -> *0.6k Tokyo Esp
*0.8k -> *0.5k -> *0.5k Re:_ Hamatora
*0.0k -> *1.2k -> *0.5k Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen 
*0.0k -> *0.0k -> *0.5k DRAMAtical Murder**
*0.0k -> *0.6k -> *0.4k Minarai Diva
*0.3k -> *0.3k -> *0.3k shounen Hollywood**

I'm disappointed to see a shit like Persona 4, Free and Gekkan in the top 4

On the other hand, I'm happy to see that Akame ga Kill! OP is selling good. Just hope the series itself sell well so we could get a 2nd season.
Shut the F*ck up. You don't know shit bout Gekkan.
Aug 20, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2013
i surprised Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun sold well :D. i was quite sure anime like this would get bad sales like Sket Dan for example. i am relief i am wrong.
Aug 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
Does monogatari really have to be brought up whenever somebody finds an excuse to do so?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
rederoin said:
Does monogatari really have to be brought up whenever somebody finds an excuse to do so?

Well, it is the most sold title BD/DVD right now and it is totally Otaku Oriented! So I would say yes.
Aug 20, 2014 3:47 PM
Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Sorry I'm mistaken it is very popular then.
As I said I think it is not something high ratio of anime fans like but it has own big fanbase.

What I see is basically popularity among general anime fans and most of them love live seems not that popular(above average of course but not as domminant popular as K-ON or Madoka or Haruhi)

I knew sukufes have 3M download but I don't find it that impressive, many of Social game are free and many of them just count DL not number of users,famous social game in Japan have well above 10 million DL. For example puzzle and dragons has 30M DL

And if you think Oricon chart means anything in todays Japanese society it is very misunderstanding. Oricon chart have little to no presence among average people nowadays because cds from fan culture(idol ota or ani-ota) selling well and well-known artist has little presence.

umashikanekoAug 20, 2014 4:12 PM
Aug 20, 2014 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
umashikaneko said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

As I said I think it is not something high ratio of anime fans like but it has own big fanbase.

What I see is basically popularity among general anime fans and most of them love live seems not that popular(above average of course but not as domminant popular as K-ON or Madoka or Haruhi)

I knew sukufes have 3M download but I don't find it that impressive, many of Social game are free and many of them just count DL not number of users,famous social game in Japan have well above 10 million DL. For example puzzle and dragons has 30M DL

I wonder how many are paying into some of these money pits and just didn't download them because it's free.

Aug 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2007
umashikaneko said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

And if you think Oricon chart means anything in todays Japanese society it is very misunderstanding. Oricon chart have little to no presence among average people nowadays because cds from fan culture(idol ota or ani-ota) selling well and well-known artist has little presence.

I forget to mention Muse was the 14th best selling music act in all of Japan for the first half of 2014. I don't know what else I can say to convince you that the brand is popular otherwise. AlsoK-On is literally done and probably Haruhi too at this rate. Madoka perhaps not though.
Aug 20, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
bigivelfhq said:
rederoin said:

Well, it is the most sold title BD/DVD right now and it is totally Otaku Oriented! So I would say yes.

How does it being the 3rd best selling anime of all time justify bashing at every opportunity in the sales threads?

Aug 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
Wah wasn't expecting Mekaku City would get those sales despite how crappy the anime was.

Noragami is going strong, Niceeee might get season 2:D

Aug 20, 2014 7:21 PM
Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
umashikaneko said:

I forget to mention Muse was the 14th best selling music act in all of Japan for the first half of 2014. I don't know what else I can say to convince you that the brand is popular otherwise. AlsoK-On is literally done and probably Haruhi too at this rate. Madoka perhaps not though.

I would say it is popular among love live fans but not many people know muse.

I can name more than 100 japanese songs that have 3million view on youtube do muse have any?
Aug 20, 2014 7:52 PM

Oct 2007
umashikaneko said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I would say it is popular among love live fans but not many people know muse.

I can name more than 100 japanese songs that have 3million view on youtube do muse have any?

Look I'm just giving examples. Fine if its so important its not popular then. Didn't realize people were going to fight me this hard on it but hey MAL right.

rederoin said:
bigivelfhq said:

How does it being the 3rd best selling anime of all time justify bashing at every opportunity in the sales threads?

Okay everyone should stop being mean to Monogatari guys jeez
Aug 20, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2010
Is there any reason Akame ga Kill still hasn't been solicited? Are they just not expecting any sales so they aren't bothering?

Aug 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
umashikaneko said:

Didn't realise that doing a comparison with just the most popular anime series or anison (or something stupid as doing an apples with oranges comparison... aka comparing mainstream songs with anison), was a valid way of determining if Love Live! was popular or not.

Maybe if you did a comparison with a larger sample size, you'd find that Love Live! is incredibly popular. So, I would have to agree with what Kaioshin_Sama said there before, about people being in denial. All the evidence that points to Love Live! being popular is available in plain sight.

I guess this is the same MAL, that thinks any anime that didn't sell over 10k discs or near SAO or Madoka or Bakemonogatari sales, is automatically a failure or not even popular.
EjcAug 20, 2014 9:30 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 20, 2014 11:12 PM
Sep 2013
Ejc said:
umashikaneko said:

Didn't realise that doing a comparison with just the most popular anime series or anison (or something stupid as doing an apples with oranges comparison... aka comparing mainstream songs with anison), was a valid way of determining if Love Live! was popular or not.

Maybe if you did a comparison with a larger sample size, you'd find that Love Live! is incredibly popular. So, I would have to agree with what Kaioshin_Sama said there before, about people being in denial. All the evidence that points to Love Live! being popular is available in plain sight.

I guess this is the same MAL, that thinks any anime that didn't sell over 10k discs or near SAO or Madoka or Bakemonogatari sales, is automatically a failure or not even popular.

Karaoke anime(game or tokusatsu) song ranking top100 of 2014(~2) 2013 2012 didnt have love live song.

And May I repeat myself? As I said I was wrong Love Live is very popular but I think it has different kind of popularity than Haruhi or K-on or Madoka from real lilfe experience.Not many typical anime fan friends of mine follow it

umashikanekoAug 21, 2014 5:23 AM
Aug 21, 2014 4:08 AM

Oct 2013
rederoin said:
bigivelfhq said:

You asked being brought up! If is to talk bad or good, it doesn't matter. Is the same for One Piece when talking about manga.
They are series with great popularity and with great impact, so people will always bring them up.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about people bashing monogatari, but if that is the case I would guess is because of the genres that it encompasses and the out of norm presentation.
Aug 21, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
bigivelfhq said:
rederoin said:

You asked being brought up! If is to talk bad or good, it doesn't matter. Is the same for One Piece when talking about manga.
They are series with great popularity and with great impact, so people will always bring them up.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about people bashing monogatari, but if that is the case I would guess is because of the genres that it encompasses and the out of norm presentation.

I'm talking about people bringing it up when its not even bloody relevant to the thread, this week we did not even get a monogatari release.

Look, I know people love to be dicks about series they do not watch, but thats not an excuse to bash it at every opportunity you get.

Kaioshin_Sama said:

Okay everyone should stop being mean to Monogatari guys jeez

If you want to bash monogatari thats fine. But could you do it somewhere its relevant? I know you love to bash series you haven't watched, but you can atleast understand why people would dislike you for it. Because you don't seem to be that friendly to those who bash love live either.
rederoinAug 21, 2014 4:28 AM

Aug 21, 2014 4:44 AM
Sep 2013
I have forgotten explaining why sales of CDs/artists has little correlation with popularity or recognition in Japan nowadays. CDs of Idols mostly come with some sort of goods/tickets that promote fans to buy (idol fans who buy several CDs per person is not rare too) and not many ordinary people(non idol fans) buy CDs frequently.

Rental CD ranking
DL ranking
Popularity poll
The number of youtube view
Karaoke ranking

Thus these are much much better indicator of actual popularity of song or singers/bands in Japan.
umashikanekoAug 21, 2014 4:47 AM
Aug 21, 2014 5:11 AM
Jun 2010
Love Live is only popular amongst japanese virgins
Aug 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Dec 2011
Zoddd said:

What, so having sex stops you enjoying a good story or good music? First I've heard of that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 21, 2014 8:40 AM

Nov 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zoddd said:

What, so having sex stops you enjoying a good story or good music? First I've heard of that.

That's just trolling and not very good trolling at that.

Aug 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
umashikaneko said:
I have forgotten explaining why sales of CDs/artists has little correlation with popularity or recognition in Japan nowadays. CDs of Idols mostly come with some sort of goods/tickets that promote fans to buy (idol fans who buy several CDs per person is not rare too) and not many ordinary people(non idol fans) buy CDs frequently.

Rental CD ranking
DL ranking
Popularity poll
Karaoke ranking

Thus these are much much better indicator of actual popularity of song or singers/bands in Japan.

I feel get bored after some time just be Silent reader

I know why why n why These type users like this always compares/complaint anything about LL
in the same thread on different dates every week there is always a "butthurts"
My assumption believe it or not lately come from crazy fans of other anime like k*N & I*as
because they hate if LL takes over everything

"you're like a child who cries like a baby if
the toy you requested does not exist"

grow up dude

abgAug 21, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 21, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
abg said:
umashikaneko said:

Rental CD ranking
DL ranking
Popularity poll
Karaoke ranking

I know why why n why These type users like this always compares/complaint anything about LL
My assumption believe it or not lately come from crazy fans of other anime like k*N & I*as

grow up dude

if that's the case it'd be pretty silly since again K-On is literally done, like the manga has ended, theaanime is long done with and its just...done. As for IMAS its owned by the same people anyway so your more likely to see a crossover at some point than one to overtake the other.

@rederoin: I swear to god there must be some unspoken rule that the most popular and generally jizzed about series must have the most defensive and protective fans. I could bring up any other non-hype show and nobody would care but bring up a Monogatari and Madoka and people will come out of the woodwork to and get all offended up
Aug 21, 2014 3:17 PM
Sep 2013
abg said:
umashikaneko said:

Rental CD ranking
DL ranking
Popularity poll
Karaoke ranking

grow up dude

I'm not sure what you want to say.
You don't believe CD Sales have little correlation with Popularity or how-well -known in modern Japanese music market?
Do you want all of these data?

Popularity poll,Karaoke ranking,Itunes ranking,Rental cd ranking all show strong correlation eachother but CD Sales ranking is literally dominated by famous or non-famous male/female Idols you know?

Oricn single cd sales ranking 2013

1 Sayonara crowl AKB48
2 Koisuru fortune cookie AKB48
3 Heart Ereki AKB48
4 So long! AKB48
5 EXILE PRIDE EXILE
6 Calling/Breathless Arashi
7 Choco no dorei SKE48
8 Utsukushii inazuma SKE48
9 Bokura no yuriika NMB48
10 Endless Game Arashi
11 Sansei kawaii SKE48
12 Kamonegikusu NMB48
13 Girls rule  Nogisaka46
14 Barrette Nogisaka46
15 Joy!! ⇒ SMAP
16 My Resistance-tashikanamono Kis-My-Ft2
17 Peace and highlight Southern All stars
18 Hesomagari Kanjani∞
19 kimi to no kiseki Kis-My-Ft2
20 SNOW DOME no yakusoku/Luv Sick Kis-My-Ft2

This is karaoke artist ranking 2013

1 AKB48
2 EXILE
3 Arashi
4 Mr.Children
5 Golden bomber
6 Nishino kana
7 GReeeeN
8 BUMP OF CHICKEN
9 Ikimonogatari
10 Pornograffitti
11 Hamasaki Ayumi
12 Koda KUmi
13 UVERworld
14 Kobukuro
15 L'Arc~en~Ciel
16 B'z
17 Yuzu
18 HY
19 Shouthern All Stars
20 Shonan no kaze

this is favorite artist ranking of 2013 oricon magazine(20k voters)
1Arashi
2Ikimono gatari
3Mr children
4Fukuyama masaharu
5Yuzu
6Utada hikaru
7B'z
8Southern All Stars
9Kyary pamyu pamyu
10Kobukuro
11Amuro Namie
12Spitz
13Pornograffitti
14Momo iro clover z
15Perfume
16Yui
17Aiko
18Kuwata Keisuke
19Exile
20Bump of Chicken

2013 Itunes popular song ranking
1 「ninjari banban」 Kyary pamyu pamyu
2 「We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together」  TAYLOR SWIFT
3 「koisuru fortune cookies」 AKB48
4 「Live While We're Young」 One Direction
5 「Call Me Maybe」 CARLY RAE JEPSEN
6 「Koisuru kisetsu] NAOTO INTI RAYMI
7 「Hikouki kumo」 Arai Yumi
8 「Guren no yaiba」 Linked Horizon (AoT OP)
9 「Memeshikute」 Golden Bomber
10 「StarLoveration」 KeraKera
11「RPG - Single」 SEKAI NO OWARI
12「Believe - Single」 Nishi no Kana
13「Invador - Single」 Kyary pamyu pamyu
14「Contrail(from ALBUM「FEEL」) - Single」 Amuro namie
16「Shiosai no memory」 Koizumi kyoko
17「Irotoridori」 Yuzu
18 「Preserved Roses」 T.M.Revolution x Mizuki nana
19 「Itoshi no kimi e」 GReeeeN
20 「Arigatou」 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

Single CD rental ranking by Tsutaya(the biggest rental chain shops)
1 「koisuru fortune cookies」 AKB48
2 Endless Game Arashi
3 RPG SEKAI NO OWARI
4 Calling/Breathless Arashi
5 「ninjari banban」 Kyary pamyu pamyu
6 Believe Nishi no Kana
7 Joy!! SMAP
8 「StarLoveration」 KeraKera
9 SUMMER NUDE '13 Yamashita tomohisa
10 Sakura color GReeeeN
11 VOICE AI
12 Kimi ni 100 Percent/furisodesion Kyary pamyu pamyu
13 Jiyu e no shingeki Linked Horizon (AoT OP)
14 Itoshi no kimi e GReeeeN
15 Gomen nasai no Kissing You e-girls
16 Saraba itoshi no kimi tachi e Momo Iro clover Z
17 Mirai no museum Perfume
18 Peace and Highlight Southern All Stars
19 1 2 3~koi ga hajimaru Ikimono gatari
20 /Get the groove Fukuyama masaharu
umashikanekoAug 21, 2014 3:31 PM
Aug 21, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

@rederoin: I swear to god there must be some unspoken rule that the most popular and generally jizzed about series must have the most defensive and protective fans. I could bring up any other non-hype show and nobody would care but bring up a Monogatari and Madoka and people will come out of the woodwork to and get all offended up

Because they know the shows are sh!tty (Aldnoah and Mushishi to mention a few) and don't bother defending it strongly, unlike really quality shows like Bleach and HxH ;)
Aug 22, 2014 4:13 AM

Nov 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Kind of like you when somebody bashes sunrise, funny that works, eh?

Aug 22, 2014 10:57 PM
Dec 2010
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/22-1/womens-votes-help-make-free-summers-most-popular-anime

From this pool, Free! took first place, and scored that top spot with 90% of its votes coming from women. Sword Art Online II took second place with 77% coming from men. At third, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun was even more lop-sided with 94% of its votes coming from women.

Seems to be confirmation of what I am saying, that Nozaki can be considered a female-targeted series.
Aug 23, 2014 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
scytheavatar said:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/22-1/womens-votes-help-make-free-summers-most-popular-anime

From this pool, Free! took first place, and scored that top spot with 90% of its votes coming from women. Sword Art Online II took second place with 77% coming from men. At third, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun was even more lop-sided with 94% of its votes coming from women.

Seems to be confirmation of what I am saying, that Nozaki can be considered a female-targeted series.

I prefer to wait untill I know big that sample size is or until v2 of the BD/DVD comes out.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.