Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Schwarzitgiest said:
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I think it looks pretty good, except for maybe the lines are kinda sketchy? Obviously this is a pencil drawing, so that's not super weird, but you might think about inking it next, and making it look cleaner.

Unless that's just your style. Personally, I think it's kinda cool when things still look sketchy. It gives it a bit of personality when it's done on purpose. Clean art looks good, but sometimes when it's messier it helps to convey a more grunge-like feel. When I write stories that take place in darker settings, I tend to avoid cleaning up my artwork.

Everyone made some good points here, but most of those things are easy to overlook by anyone who isn't an artist. May I ask how long this took?
(If it hasn't already been asked. I didn't see anyone ask it.)
Couple of hours or so.

Not bad at all. Any plans of inking?
Aug 28, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
For an anime/manga style girl, her torso: head ration is off. I think her torso is too big, the cleavage and angle/shape of the right breast is off, and maybe that piece of hair on the far left could be a bit thinner.
Konbu is important
Aug 28, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
Mashiro-Yuki said:
Schwarzitgiest said:
Couple of hours or so.

Not bad at all. Any plans of inking?
I would if I knew how to ink effectively.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, the age old problem, lol.
Aug 28, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
Do you know how then? Or at least any guide on how?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2014 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I got a pen and ink book from an anime con.

I really like it because it teaches you how to use a G-pen, which is primarily what they draw with in manga.

If you want to do normal inking, any old art book should show you some techniques and stuff.
Aug 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmm I wonder how much a G-Pen costs...
Aug 28, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
The pen is a little wooden shaft. The actual G-pen is just a little metal nib. You can buy them by the box for really cheap.

That said, it takes a lot of practice to master. The amount of pressure you apply to your strokes makes the lines thinner or thicker. That, and using dip ink is hard because if you're inexperienced you might spill it all over your paper.

You'll have to import them though. I've never found a store in the US that sells them.

I take part in an artistic industry that doesn't exist in my country, lol. It has it's downsides, for sure.
Aug 28, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
The neck is the only thing that bothers me, and the bra shape.

It's pretty nice.
Aug 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
If you want something easier, you could just use a micron. Of course it's more for linework, and you will always get the best results with something like a G-pen, but for ease and a beginner, it works well enough.
Aug 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2013
Thank you all but I think it's time I tried something new but I'll take your ideas to heart. Maybe I'll draw something like this.

Aug 28, 2014 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
Be sure to show it to us when you're done!
Aug 30, 2014 3:45 AM

Jun 2013
Hmmmmmm......I can't really think of casual poses. Maybe drinking coffee or taking a walk will suffice.
Aug 30, 2014 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
I like floating poses. They're fun to draw with long-haired girls, because you don't have to worry about gravity, and you can let everything float.

It's really graceful and cute.
Sep 1, 2014 12:39 AM

Jun 2013
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I like floating poses. They're fun to draw with long-haired girls, because you don't have to worry about gravity, and you can let everything float.

It's really graceful and cute.
Can ya think of any casual poses though? I really can't think of anything right now.
Jan 14, 2017 4:59 AM

Jan 2017
the neck is to long..or the face is to small(but the face is really well drawn)
or maybe it just the body who is big compared to the face

More topics from this board

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

3 by Said_enough »»
50 minutes ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

3 by SnipeStrike »»
2 hours ago

» I used a basic AI video enchancer to upscale really old anime

tsukareru - Nov 25, 2023

27 by tsukareru »»
5 hours ago

» Created my first amv yesterday. Check it out, enjoy, and provide feedback if you'd like!

painiwakura - Mar 24

2 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

2 by abambata »»
Apr 14, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.