Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 17, 2014 7:19 PM
Jun 2009
Would this be rated 18+ for lolicontent?

How would the public react?
Aug 20, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2012
ur hilarious
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 22, 2014 10:22 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
that would probably be creepier lol
Sep 23, 2014 3:19 AM
May 2012
coolxal said:

Does the guy looked like a shota to you??
Jul 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Apr 2015
Tengai said:
coolxal said:

I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
Jul 9, 2015 5:44 PM
Jun 2009
Tengai said:
coolxal said:

Well we all know that the public isn't logical.

If it were a 17 year old girl and a 30 year old guy, people would call him a lolicon a.k.a. pedo.
Jul 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
Double standards at it's finest I bet. :P
Jan 23, 2016 3:45 PM

Nov 2014
Kitley1919 said:
Double standards at it's finest I bet. :P
^this, great example of today's society.

Apr 16, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
Society would label it as creepy. If there's an older woman falling for a much younger guy, it's a male power fantasy, and if it's the other way round, it's the guy taking advantage of the poor girl. Guys can never win in this situation. Are you happy that you pointed out the double standards of the society we live in?
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jan 5, 2017 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
bikers123 said:
Society would label it as creepy. If there's an older woman falling for a much younger guy, it's a male power fantasy, and if it's the other way round, it's the guy taking advantage of the poor girl. Guys can never win in this situation. Are you happy that you pointed out the double standards of the society we live in?

Well, at least in this messed up anime fandom, it would be much appreciated than in anywhere else in the world. I would love to see it to be honest since I've got nothing against pedo. The amount of loli in anime I've witnessed has desensitised me.
よろしく!
Mar 23, 2017 7:57 PM

Jan 2015
I mean, you can see that even with the actual genders, Shinkai just avoided the issue since they don't end up together. I don't mind her moving away (it's a Shinkai movie, ofc it'll end like that), but they could still have featured a chaste kissing scene without changing the narrative.

ariacelesta said:
Well, at least in this messed up anime fandom, it would be much appreciated than in anywhere else in the world. I would love to see it to be honest since I've got nothing against pedo. The amount of loli in anime I've witnessed has desensitised me.

Go watch Kodomo no Jikan then.
Mar 23, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
HapHazrD said:
I mean, you can see that even with the actual genders, Shinkai just avoided the issue since they don't end up together. I don't mind her moving away (it's a Shinkai movie, ofc it'll end like that), but they could still have featured a chaste kissing scene without changing the narrative.

ariacelesta said:

Go watch Kodomo no Jikan then.

No yuck, that's disgusting. Damn paedos.
よろしく!
Jun 7, 2020 8:24 PM
Jun 2020
I know this is 6 years later. Not trying to revive a dead thread, but if the genders were reversed, then you would get Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (After the Rain)

I thought this anime was well done. I have no problem with the age gap, but the 15 age does raise my eyebrows. If the kid were 17 or 18, then I would have no problems.
Jun 17, 2020 7:48 AM

Oct 2019
Then that would be labelled as pedophiluc anime and the score would drop drastically.

Jul 25, 2020 5:05 AM

Aug 2018
Then way more people would be using word pedophilia for this movie then there are currently
Apr 20, 2021 1:29 AM
Oct 2020
there is literally an anime where a young girl falls for an older guy and people don't have an issue with it lol.
Jul 28, 2021 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
well, this is still technically pedophilia... although the portrayal was actually good and i don't care too much about that stuff, dont really think it would be that big of a deal unless there were drastic changes to the narrative.
Sep 18, 2021 10:42 AM
Sep 2020
Respectfully, I think some of you are trying to create outrage where it doesn't (need to) exist.

Consider:
Violet Evergarden
Hotarubi no Mori e
Inuyasha
Ristorante Paradiso

All these have a decent age gap romance. Particularly Violet Evergarden and Ristorante Paradiso. And except Ristorante Paradiso, all the girls there are <20 and the men are >20 (or much greater than 20). Point is there's way more animated works with older men-younger women relationships than the other way around.

And I don't even hate Garden of Words or any of the shows mentioned above for this, they do it tastefully imo. So please, let's chill out.
Mar 29, 2022 2:28 AM
Aug 2020
Have you read the tohru's parents story from fruba manga. The older one is that story is a male trainee teacher. He than leaves his job, to be with her. Tohru mother kyoko gets pregnant when she was like 15-16. And many people are mildly disturbed by this, including me. But we have to remember the stories are friction.
Mar 29, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2021
Figva said:
Then way more people would be using word pedophilia for this movie then there are currently
Would they? There was no actual physical romance in this story. There was no grooming, and the way that they executed this was far better than a lot of other stories. Take "After the Rain" for example. They are not stories that revolves around sexual romance such as Scum's Wish. The boy is in love with the woman. She needed him for emotional and mental support, but, it never went much further than that. Looking from an outsider's point of view, yeah, regardless it was be viewed as pedophilia. But we got a front row seat, not to a relationship formed by grooming, but more so of two people with an age gap that connected. There was novel similar, but they were both adults, her 30 and him 50 or 60.
Apr 4, 2022 8:34 PM
Feb 2022
The society we live in is a very hypocritical one, men are always the ones that does wrong. Treating women like an angel while men getting labeled as demons, just wtf?!

We need Gender Equality.
May 14, 2022 9:56 PM

Apr 2019
Basically just After The Rain.
Jul 9, 2022 6:12 PM

Jul 2016
I think most people would find it less appealing caz it's hotter when the woman is the older between the two.

but I wouldn't go as far as calling it double standers, I think what people fail to see is the fact that when its the dude who is much older its simply The NORM

people simply are bored with the norm, so its a norm breaker when the woman is the much older which makes it feels better, if you ate the same kind of food every day you well grow bored and sick of it and want to try something you can rearlly try or never tried it before
Jul 10, 2022 9:11 PM

May 2009
Wah wah.

How would you react if an adult man hit a 6 year old girl? How would you react if an adult woman hit a 6 year old girl? How would you react if a 6 year old boy hit a 6 year old girl? My bet is, your innate, natural gut reaction would be different each time because shock, they're different situations, involving different impact levels. This genders reversed hurr durr thing is so stupid for SO many reasons, but let's talk about the most glaringly obvious which is that Japan has an entire billion dollar market for creeping on young girls, exceeding any such market for women chasing high school boys. Not only a market, but a massive problem with men molesting hs girls. Tie it all together and duh, people will be more sensitive to a man and teenage boy.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Nov 19, 2022 2:33 AM
Sep 2022
i will still watch it tho
Nov 19, 2022 12:17 PM
Jun 2022
Just finished this last night n found this discussion. Age Gap Relationships is never ending topic to discuss. And tbh i also had watched few animes that involving this kind of relationship before. I think audiences still able to accept anime that involving AGR as long as there's no harrassment & 17+ things showed. KoiAme for example.
Oct 21, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2021
sounds like a question asked by pedo to justify his loli fetish. the FMC never reciprocated the boy's feelings as any sane adult would do. imagine asking this with a straight face when shit like this exists.
Mar 1, 10:47 AM

Sep 2016
What if the genders were reversed?

It would be a comedy, just imagine a high school girl outlining the feet of her male teacher standing on a park bench, let alone the other scenes xD
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 1, 10:50 AM

Apr 2020
Doesn't matter, cause and isn't. It couldn't
Cause YES, that WOULD be worse^^ That's the way society is. It's nothing new and it's understandable, since little girls getting abducted is (generaly speaking) a more prevalent problem than little boys going missing/getting abused.

Not saying it's right or wrong. That's just the way it is.
Mar 1, 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
Undoubtedly it will be more controversial and I can imagine even more people will judge it before watching than they already do, but realistically speaking it wouldn't really matter because nothing actually happens between them in the movie.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one, probably not

mydaddy - Mar 1

28 by Rayane-47 »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - May 31, 2013

541 by Kvistis »»
Jan 26, 1:23 AM

» What did you think of this movie? ( 1 2 )

AoiroBlueColor - May 15, 2021

55 by SandraEis »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » What demographic is Kotonoha no Niwa?

AnimeIs4Kidz - Feb 27, 2023

15 by DreamingK »»
Mar 6, 2023 11:08 AM

» Weathering with you or Garden of words?! ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 30, 2022

81 by Kunii »»
Apr 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.