Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Good episode as always, one of my favorite scenes with Makishima fighting 3v1

I noticed a little discrepancy on this rewatch though. When the girl was being beaten to death, Makishima's right hand man was there recording it, but it was never stated that he was criminally asymptomatic like Makishima and he wasn't wearing a helmet, so how come the psycho-pass monitor didn't notice him?

Pics for proof:

What do you guys think about that?
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 17, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
DerpHole said:
I noticed a little discrepancy on this rewatch though. When the girl was being beaten to death, Makishima's right hand man was there recording it, but it was never stated that he was criminally asymptomatic like Makishima and he wasn't wearing a helmet, so how come the psycho-pass monitor didn't notice him?

Pics for proof:

What do you guys think about that?
Psycho-Pass scanners measure stress, hence why the drone started talking to the woman when her stress level was rising; it has nothing to do with criminal tendency. If a Dominator was pointed at him it would do a more "in depth" analysis and determine if he's likely to commit a crime or is a criminal regardless of whether he is stressed or not.
Aug 17, 2014 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
They say they're measuring his hue in real time, and they've also got a specific value for him according to their devices (39.2)

I thought that the color denotes their stress level and the number is their criminal tendency?
Aug 17, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2013
DerpHole said:
I thought that the color denotes their stress level and the number is their criminal tendency?
Not sure what the number is, I don't even remember if it was mentioned what it is (it's probably just a quantitative measure to how cloudy a person's hue is though, no different than the color measure).

But anyway, I thought they made it clear that measuring the crime coefficient is not a simple matter and needs either a special test/scan or a Dominator (which can cut in line and take priority for Sibyl processes). Just think about it, a camera in a street where dozens of people are walking means lots of scanning needs to be done, and considering that a crime coefficient scan takes time, no it probably doesn't measure criminal tendency at all (let's not forget that this is not the only scanning camera in Japan and there are countless others spread all over the place).
Aug 17, 2014 6:48 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm alright. I love Psycho-pass and would hate to think they made a mistake so I'll believe you're right.
Aug 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
^ Choe Gu Song is from South Korea. Sibyl is used in Japan only.

Hope it clears.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 19, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Blaze_ said:

Hope it clears.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it. He was in a street in Japan, which is monitored by a Psycho-Pass scanner.
Aug 23, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2012
Botato said:
Blaze_ said:

Hope it clears.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it. He was in a street in Japan, which is monitored by a Psycho-Pass scanner.

Arent they installed with a chip at birth? I don't think a Psycho pass would work itself without looking at the body temperatures, hormone levels etc. Or maybe I have the wrong show.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2013
Blaze_ said:
Botato said:

Arent they installed with a chip at birth? I don't think a Psycho pass would work itself without looking at the body temperatures, hormone levels etc. Or maybe I have the wrong show.
No they're not wtf. That was never said in the show.
Aug 23, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
Botato said:
Blaze_ said:

I believe your original analysis was right.
Loved the episode, and it was great to see Makishima's true plan afoot.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 21, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2010
RedRoseFring said:
Botato said:

I don't think so, as
few episodes later? Or maybe he used a weapon diferent from Dominator. Not 100% sure.

Anyways, this part still makes me feel bad, it's really brutal, like Choe Gu Song said.
Sep 23, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2013
Meritas said:
RedRoseFring said:

I don't think so, as
few episodes later? Or maybe he used a weapon diferent from Dominator. Not 100% sure.

Anyways, this part still makes me feel bad, it's really brutal, like Choe Gu Song said.
But this is not my original point anyway, I was saying that one can have a high crime coefficient but NOT be stressed out (like that psycho girl from the school case). And the cameras in streets measure stress not crime coefficient.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.