Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 23, 2009 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
LOL SunyiNyufi, he is not trying to take your comment into account. He is just saying this illogical of this anime is perfectly fine for him but not for us. The bad directing of this anime made the show looks so illogical but he is trying to protect it and saying "ANIME" is illogical. I guess we are not good as him.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2009 7:38 AM
Aug 2008
SunyiNyufi said:

I'm not saying that he should be super awesome and do it in a blink (although that surely would make for an intersting twist). My problem is, that he does things without thinking at all. Yes, I know he is a typical shounen lead, and most of the shounen leads are dumb, so even the audience with lower IQ can comprehend his feelings. Yet, that doesn't make this show logical at all.

Am I wrong, or are you kinda admitting that it was pretty illogical reaction from them, that can only happen in anime?

I'm not saying the writing is great - because it's not - I'm just saying there is logic to it. It seems the difference of our opinions comes from that fact that I use typical shonen anime as a baseline for comparison. I thought that's what we were all using here, but I guess I'm wrong. For Kakeru to do those things is acceptable to me because those are established, formulaic scenes we've all seen a thousand times before. It may not be original or good, but it follows the logic of shonen anime. The problems you seem to have are not with this show in particular, but with the genre - which is a valid criticism I agree with.

I'm just saying that you can't fault the show's logic when all it is doing is adhering to established shonen writing. If you want to complain about the show for lack of originality in writing, hell I'm right there with you.
Oct 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Sep 2007
Honestly, if you take typical shounen as a base, you have my pity. Really. That's just the worst thing you can ever do. And well, sorry for judging a story for itself, without comparing it to utter crap.

It may not be original or good, but it follows the logic of shonen anime.

I don't really think, that the lack of logic can be called logic itself doh.

I'm just saying that you can't fault the show's logic when all it is doing is adhering to established shonen writing.

Yes I can, cos belonging to a genre doesn't mean, you necessarly need to adapt all of the faults of that genre, does it? And just to tell you, I watched a lot of things already, even shounen, and there was a fair number I enjoyed. Hell I even enjoyed ChaosHead (although the ending sucked), and the characters in that anime head a much more realistic and logical to their problems most of the time.

Oh yeah, and besides having all faults of shounen anime ever, useless fanservice (which makes the show a bit illogical to begin with), it even has poor writing, bad directing and low quality.
Oct 23, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
5 swords... plus that weird girl from the coffee shop is also fighting with them. and one of those knight guys is dead now
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 23, 2009 4:54 PM
Aug 2008
SunyiNyufi said:

Oh yeah, and besides having all faults of shounen anime ever, useless fanservice (which makes the show a bit illogical to begin with), it even has poor writing, bad directing and low quality.

So why are you watching this if it's so goddamn awful?

I tried to meet you halfway here, but apparently I'm an idiot. Fuck it, I don't care anymore. You won an argument on the internet, congratulations.
Oct 23, 2009 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
So why are you watching this if it's so goddamn awful?

If you had really read that awefully long one sentence post (what you actually used to start this argument): I watch it cos the only thing I'm curious about is why they use Hungarian language in the anime, cos I was told it has some relation to it, and not just something random, so as a Hungarian I'm interested in it. And mostly in how much they will screw up with the titles like they did last time.

You won an argument on the internet, congratulations.

Well it wasn't me, who started it. I would have been satisfied just saying that it's crap once.
Oct 24, 2009 12:03 AM

May 2008
This first half of the episode is alright^^ The battle afterwards was pretty good, Misuzu is just awesome in fighting :D
Oct 24, 2009 12:09 AM

May 2008
I can't wait for Yukiko show her abilities...
To be honest this was a really lame ep.
Oct 24, 2009 2:12 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't know "akuma" can be written this way.

How do you type this kanji character in your keyboard?

yvancOct 24, 2009 2:18 AM
Oct 24, 2009 3:01 AM

Jun 2008
yvanc said:
I didn't know "akuma" can be written this way.

How do you type this kanji character in your keyboard?

Perhaps he did not know how to write 魔, chose to write the radical 广 and put a マ below to show how it is read. or he was too lazy to make the 21 strokes. Either way this kanji does not belong to the standart list of kanji, i think.
Oct 24, 2009 4:56 AM

May 2009
Oh well so far I liked the part when sensei said: If u have any intentions...
Man I loled, she thought she can give him key of the office and let him do her... xD
Oct 24, 2009 11:22 AM
Oct 2008
Still not really sold on this show yet. It's just exciting and interesting enough to keep me from dropping it, but not enough to make me really enjoy it all that much. I suspect that that's how the rest of the series will play out.
Oct 24, 2009 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
I wanted to like this show but it did almost everything it could to prevent that. Dropped.
Oct 24, 2009 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
Terrible episode(as aways...),this is getting worst than Chaos Head.

Idk why but I want to see how things will be soon...
Oct 24, 2009 10:13 PM

Apr 2008
nth that amazing mah ..

dont waste time just awaken -.-lll

Oct 25, 2009 12:23 AM

Oct 2009
Alright episode, the pacing is pretty quick.
Oh and the main char's sister uses the same weapon as the student council president from Kampfer. :o
Oct 25, 2009 1:52 AM

Aug 2008
Kaori and Tadashi are still pissing me off.

Oct 25, 2009 2:48 AM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 3 and that that it was pretty much ok.
i wonder what will happen when that dude awakens.

3/5, just an average episode xD
Oct 25, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
lolz funny how this is reminding me of Choas Head
ill lol hard if the ending will fai just like CH
Oct 26, 2009 3:06 PM
Jan 2009
still very average, extra points will go to the show from me if they violently kill that orange hair guy
Oct 27, 2009 4:54 PM

Nov 2007
Okay, so those 5 swords are pretty cool. As is Kusakabe. Now, if only she doesn't fall in love with Kakeru, she might actually turn out to be a decent female anime character (so rare in these types of shows!).
Oct 27, 2009 5:03 PM

Jan 2009
yamakasi said:
Okay, so those 5 swords are pretty cool. As is Kusakabe. Now, if only she doesn't fall in love with Kakeru, she might actually turn out to be a decent female anime character (so rare in these types of shows!).

Indeed, we could always hope, but our prayers won't be answered, since she will most likely either fail in love or she'll die. Thinking about it, both are quite likely actually : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 27, 2009 7:04 PM

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
yamakasi said:

Indeed, we could always hope, but our prayers won't be answered, since she will most likely either fail in love or she'll die. Thinking about it, both are quite likely actually : p

I agree, I think there will be a moment where she will sacrifice herself to save Yuka because she wants the person Kakeru loves to live on (because Kusakabe loves Kakeru too, or whatever). I'm predicting she'll fall for him in one of these scenarios:

- she is impressed with his determination to learn how to fight
- she is impressed with his battle skills once he awakens
- she is impressed with the lengths he will go to to protect Yuka (and the other characters, inevitably; I fully expect stupid heroics from Kakeru just before his power awakens so everyone can go "ooh, how noble!")

But then again I could be completely wrong and she doesn't fall for him. Let's hope so. Although I feel like she'll sacrifice herself/die at some point, anyway. In these types of shows if the character isn't going to fall in love with the protagonist then she's usually just cannon fodder/a human shield for another character who WILL fall for the protagonist.

(Can you tell I'm cynical?)
Oct 27, 2009 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
tl;dr kill Yuka and everyone will be happy, kthnxbai
right?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 27, 2009 9:18 PM

Aug 2007
This is so bad. Just... so... so bad. Again, flat, boring characters. This anime brings nothing new to the table. I am just... awed at the comments calling this amazing. Quite frightening indeed. /drops
Oct 28, 2009 1:56 PM

Nov 2008
Im starting to get really bored. I thought it would get better so I continued to watch, but so far nothing that incredible. Ill do one more episode, maybe.
Oct 29, 2009 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
bwahahachick said:
This is so bad. Just... so... so bad. Again, flat, boring characters. This anime brings nothing new to the table. I am just... awed at the comments calling this amazing. Quite frightening indeed. /drops

Yeah,just I'm watching to see how fuc*ed up this will be,and make jokes about how stupid was watch this!
Oct 29, 2009 9:42 PM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
right?
No, the orange haired retard guy too. And glasses bitch. Then it may work.

bwahahachick said:
Haha indeed. It's even sadder when you had high expectations of this like I did. I mean come on, it looked cool before it came out and the name is funky.
Oct 30, 2009 4:54 AM

Jan 2009
5layer said:
Oosran said:
right?
No, the orange haired retard guy too. And glasses bitch. Then it may work.

Oh right, that guy too, yeah, but he's way less annoying than Yuka, 'cause he's not present every god damn second of this show.. (Okay, Yuka isn't either, but a damn lot more than the retard)
Oct 30, 2009 2:16 PM

Dec 2007
ahahahaha this show is so fail... yet i can't stop watching it
XD
Oct 30, 2009 2:54 PM

Oct 2008

Those are nice blades..

Kira01Oct 30, 2009 3:53 PM
Oct 30, 2009 9:57 PM

Dec 2007
The action scenes was very nice, and I enjoyed it. I think this series gets better and more better. Misuzu is so cute. <3
Oct 31, 2009 3:37 AM

Dec 2008
hehe
one Akuma is down,I'm glad that they are not invincible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
Ep3 was a bit... lame. I didn't like the first half that much... sword training, important, yes, but not that interesting. And what was that girl scene outside the school about? o.O "Oh, your breasts are bigger than I thought!" - WTF?!
But the 2nd half was quiet good. Fight scene, wohoo! I like the sword collection :D
Nov 1, 2009 3:21 PM

Apr 2009
Tekky99 said:
ahahahaha this show is so fail... yet i can't stop watching it
XD

QFT
Nov 1, 2009 10:35 PM

Mar 2008
How disappointing.
This episode was really, really, REALLY boring :s i dunno how to explain it but i feel like watching another anime first now.. ._. kukuri appeared. YES! BUT.. her appearance was also boring xD i mean she should have had a killer-face at the ending or something like that .. but the expression was just way too friendly.. considering she committed suicide before <.< i guess she's one of the "good" characters. would have been more interesting if she'd be the bad-ass girl ! 8D
Nov 4, 2009 7:09 AM

Feb 2009
My god, it seems like the anime is getting worse, and there are so many, many flaws, but the suspense here is kicking my ass and I can't drop it until I'm satisfied with this shitty plot. So I'm gonna keep watching. o-o

Nov 21, 2009 3:34 AM

Sep 2008
WoW, I guess satisfying people is little impossible!

Pretty enjoyable episode for me ^^

Like always liked the suspense and mystery roaming about the anime :3
The pacing is quite good for me too.

5/5 ep

Going to watch next episode for more excitement~ (Yeah, I'm one of those who like this anime!)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 30, 2009 12:04 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode, nice pace, and good battles so far. Seems like the Black knights were once humans though and are connected to each of the crystal towers. Curious as to who saved Kakeru and Yuka though (someone who looks like Kakeru's sister??) since it couldn't be Yukiko (she was helping Misuzu). Eager to find out who Lisette is though (girl trapped in tower), when Kakeru unlocks his power (and what it is), and what happens next though.
Jan 16, 2010 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my, I wonder who helped that girl with five legendary blades to beat one of the Black Knights. Also, who helped Kakeru and Yuka? Was it his sister? I thought she died already, I need some explanations.

Also in the ending, was that Kakeru? If so, then I can't wait for Kakeru to kick some asses, lol. He looked pretty bad ass right there. Also, now we know that those pink crytal towers symbolizes the Black Knights. If one die, one tower disappears.
Feb 22, 2010 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
The fight was pretty good, but there needs to be plot development. We still don't why they are fighting.

I just hope that it remains interesting and that it has an ok ending. Not asking for much! LOL
Apr 7, 2010 3:14 AM

Dec 2009
Oosran said:

Also, I, Do not, like Yuka. She annoys me. A lot. =.=

Indeed, Kakeru shouldn't be luring the guy away, instead, he should let Yuka be the bait, that way, maybe he would survive, and at the same time get rid of Yuka : D

That would be my most favorite scene from this anime <3 !
Apr 16, 2010 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
DarcyD said:
My god, it seems like the anime is getting worse, and there are so many, many flaws, but the suspense here is kicking my ass and I can't drop it until I'm satisfied with this shitty plot. So I'm gonna keep watching. o-o

Agreed!

I actually laughed when Yuka and Kakeru were hiding behind a car, and while you would expect someone who is on the run from a demonish spirit who wants to kill you to keep quiet when in hiding, Yuka squeaked "Kakeru-kun!"

Kakeru's late sister is a fragment of the Red World. But why and how did she end up there? The plot isn't developing much so I guess I shouldn't anticipate a satisfactory explanation anytime soon.
Apr 9, 2011 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
SURPRISEEE
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 24, 2012 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
dropped~ fucking boring
Aug 19, 2012 5:18 AM

May 2012
Another great episode! The story is quite nice developing!
Mar 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode, the second half was very cool indeed! Senpai is just awesome <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2015 12:25 AM
Nov 30, 2015 3:29 PM

Oct 2014
An alright episode with some nice action in the second half.
Sep 11, 2017 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
Somehow im still interested. I keep watching.. nice action too and background story
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Dec 22, 2009

316 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:42 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Dec 8, 2009

197 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 24, 2009

148 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:30 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

182 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:17 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 10, 2009

110 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.