Forum Settings
Forums

Production of Anime 'Hunter x Hunter (2011)' to End

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I knew this news would eventually come....

Oh well, all good things must come to an end. I wouldn't expect HxH to debut again on screen for quite awhile. Truly going to miss this show when it ends though :(
Aug 17, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
sullynathan said:
Nidhoeggr said:

At least three big arcs are planned. I'd say we are roughly halfway.
Then again, this is Togashi... he could pull another Yu Yu Hakusho on us...

What do you mean pull another yu yu hakusho? I really hope this series doesn't go up to 600 chapters.

I expect 750 chapters in the end for HxH just like I expect 500+ chapters for Berserk and 1300-1400 for One Piece.
And by YYH I mean teasing a 150+ chapter arc for three volumes before getting bored, resolving all conflicts in one volume of mostly off-panel action in a tournament and then doing 10 random SoL chapters before ending the series on a ridiculously lazy note...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 17, 2014 12:04 AM
Oct 2011
Well who didn't see that coming. At least it's gonna end at a high note without shitty fillers and in a satisfying end that did conclude one of the biggest goals of the series.
Aug 17, 2014 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
Sensus_97 said:
I'm really gonna miss Hunter x Hunter 2011 but I'm glad that it's gonna have an end.
I'm fed up with never ending shounen with no self respect.

This isn't the end of the series. You can call this season 1.
Aug 17, 2014 12:05 AM

Feb 2010
Sad news I'm gonna miss the series :(
Aug 17, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
sullynathan said:

What do you mean pull another yu yu hakusho? I really hope this series doesn't go up to 600 chapters.

I expect 750 chapters in the end for HxH just like I expect 500+ chapters for Berserk and 1300-1400 for One Piece.
And by YYH I mean teasing a 150+ chapter arc for three volumes before getting bored, resolving all conflicts in one volume of mostly off-panel action in a tournament and then doing 10 random SoL chapters before ending the series on a ridiculously lazy note...

Damn it. I'm tired of these extremely long running series that go on for nearly 20 years. This shit is ridiculous.
Aug 17, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
sullynathan said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Damn it. I'm tired of these extremely long running series that go on for nearly 20 years. This shit is ridiculous.

Learn to have some patience. It's like with some good book series, some just take a few decades to be finished. I have enough time and other stuff to read and watch, I can wait.
And some classics of world literature never got finished and are still worth it, you shouldn't be THAT hung up about a series being finished (it's still important to have a good ending, though).
Aug 17, 2014 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
keragamming said:
Sensus_97 said:
I'm really gonna miss Hunter x Hunter 2011 but I'm glad that it's gonna have an end.
I'm fed up with never ending shounen with no self respect.

You are right my friend on your point. Still tho I consider it as better solution (if he doesn't wanna write more) than having tons of fillers.
Aug 17, 2014 12:13 AM
Aug 2011
Other studios take note.
Aug 17, 2014 12:15 AM

Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
sullynathan said:

Learn to have some patience. It's like with some good book series, some just take a few decades to be finished. I have enough time and other stuff to read and watch, I can wait.
And some classics of world literature never got finished and are still worth it, you shouldn't be THAT hung up about a series being finished (it's still important to have a good ending, though).

I dislike it. I caught up to berserk last year and i realized that the series has been going on for over 20 years and it still doesn't feel like it's near it's end. I have the feeling that it will continue for another 20 years.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
TyrelAug 17, 2014 3:37 PM
Aug 17, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
sad news... i was wondering hxh at least become top 5 anime in MAL.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 2013
Sensus_97 said:
keragamming said:

You are right my friend on your point. Still tho I consider it as better solution (if he doesn't wanna write more) than having tons of fillers.

I don't necessarily agree with that. If fillers are One Piece or Gintama level, I'd be perfectly fine with them. Those fillers are so good I didn't even know they were fillers.

Apr 2009
sullynathan said:

Make that 25 years, as long as each chapter is good enough I can live with that.
Both HxH and Berserk are way less frustrating to wait on than Nana, Bastard or Fave Star Story, to name just a few.
Aug 17, 2014 12:20 AM
Jun 2012
What sad news! I guess I saw it coming a mile away I just kept in denial about it. Togashi could've just written the anime script for Madhouse if he doesn't want to continue the manga. Anyway, I am going to miss this HXH so much.

An ending is better than a whole arc with fillers.
An ending is better a never-ending anime.
An ending doesn't mean that the whole thing will end.
An ending can mean that it will come back after years.

Finally, please end well HXH!
Aug 17, 2014 12:25 AM
Jun 2013
Ahhhh..........its sad to see it end

Wonder what anime will take its place

Hope a long running show takes its place.........

What are your thoughts friends ?
Aug 17, 2014 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Sensus_97 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that. If fillers are One Piece or Gintama level, I'd be perfectly fine with them. Those fillers are so good I didn't even know they were fillers.

I understand how you feel, indeed some fillers are nice and they can also give you some relaxing moments after big fights (e.g One Piece) but when fillers become a "habit" it's not nice at all, it's just milking of the franchise.. After so many years I believe that never ending shounen should have an ending (maybe that's just me, I won't judge people who want their favorite shows to go on forever).
Aug 17, 2014 12:27 AM

Oct 2012
This is very sad to hear. I really hope they continue when there is more manga content! Now I'll have nothing to look forward to on a Wednesday </3
Aug 17, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2013
It was Just a matter of time. nows to hoping Togashi doesnt go on another hiatus anytime soon.
Aug 17, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2013
Marthgun said:
good. what a joke the pacing was. The original series was perfect.

The new series went through the first few arcs at light speed, then the new arcs dragged out to absurd lengths with 12 minutes of narration.

they need to stop and start up when the manga is about to end.

I don't agree with what you said about the new arcs, but yeah, I think they went through what the 1999 version covered much too fast.

HxH 2011 is still a great show though. I'll miss it when it's gone.
Aug 17, 2014 12:38 AM

Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
sullynathan said:

Make that 25 years, as long as each chapter is good enough I can live with that.
Both HxH and Berserk are way less frustrating to wait on than Nana, Bastard or Fave Star Story, to name just a few.

I was going to read bastard but I heard that a large amount of the chapters have yet to be translated to English.
Aug 17, 2014 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
sullynathan said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I was going to read bastard but I heard that a large amount of the chapters have yet to be translated to English.

They are all translated.
Aug 17, 2014 12:42 AM

Aug 2013
I'm on episode 116, so I will be watching it at a much slower pace now. At least now I will have more of a reason to pick up the Manga volumes (I already have 4, 5 and 6). This is still sad news, though. :(
Aug 17, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
So upsetting T^T
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 17, 2014 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
Great show. Sad to see it end.
Aug 17, 2014 1:06 AM

Nov 2013
Sensus_97 said:
Celestrial2 said:

I understand how you feel, indeed some fillers are nice and they can also give you some relaxing moments after big fights (e.g One Piece) but when fillers become a "habit" it's not nice at all, it's just milking of the franchise.. After so many years I believe that never ending shounen should have an ending (maybe that's just me, I won't judge people who want their favorite shows to go on forever).

I would normally agree with you, but I really think madhouse deserves to milk something. Easily my favorite studio and wouldn't have minded for only this show to pull some fillers.

But I'm definitely glad its gonna take the ending route instead. only six episodes to go!
Aug 17, 2014 1:11 AM

Feb 2014
Well, I was sort of expecting the ending, though I figured it'd be 147 episodes with that 'two chapters per episode' pace. Oh well. Sad to see it go, obviously, and I'm wondering when there'll be the opportunity to continue it. Of course they can always do so whenever the current arc in the manga is over, but it could always be as long as the Chimera Ant Arc, maybe longer - and the current arc does look like it's going to be long. Let's hope Togashi cuts back on the hiatuses a bit. I don't really mind if he's taking a one week break between each release for all I care if this means we're getting chapters on a regular base.
Aug 17, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
shit, what a bad sad news :(

Aug 17, 2014 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
Not surprised about this. RIP HxH.
Aug 17, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
As much as that was to be expected, it's still sad news. Then at least I just hope that Togashi won't take another break any time soon.
Aug 17, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Sensus_97 said:

I would normally agree with you, but I really think madhouse deserves to milk something. Easily my favorite studio and wouldn't have minded for only this show to pull some fillers.

But I'm definitely glad its gonna take the ending route instead. only six episodes to go!

After watching the fillers on Bleach, Naruto etc I'm honestly not up to watch more of them.
I totally respect your opinion since you like Madhouse.
I guess that after all the whole thing about fillers has to do with people's tolerance and I'm all out of it. xP
Sensus_97Aug 17, 2014 2:02 AM
Aug 17, 2014 2:06 AM

Apr 2009
You guys should watch the HxH movies before saying stuff like "I wish Madhouse made fillers". I like good fillers (G8 arc, some early filler episodes and Ace fillers in Alabasta for OP; added content in RoV or new scenes in Jojo), but that just doesn't work for HxH - it's too tied to a single author's vision and the quality of the writing is too high to be easily mimicked.
Aug 17, 2014 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
At least Terra Formars begins soon, and then JoJo continues again right after.. I won't get bored so soon.

And I agree with Nidhoeggr, or at least the first filler movie was pretty trash.
Aug 17, 2014 2:14 AM

Jun 2014
We were expecting it to happen, but it's sad to finally see it happening. It was an amazing run, and if it keeps up the same quality till the end it'll be the first 10 on my list.
Aug 17, 2014 2:15 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
You guys should watch the HxH movies before saying stuff like "I wish Madhouse made fillers" (...) but that just doesn't work for HxH - it's too tied to a single author's vision and the quality of the writing is too high to be easily mimicked.

I 100% agree with Nidhoeggr, HxH movies sucked so badly. Not only the stories were bad but the animation and the characters designs were weird.
Aug 17, 2014 2:18 AM

Oct 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 17, 2014 2:23 AM

Nov 2012
Wednesdays aren't gonna exist anymore.....

It was a joyride.
Aug 17, 2014 2:28 AM

Sep 2011
ofc it would end the next arc is still ongoing
well madhouse did a good job with this adaption
lets just hope togashi wont go on a hiatus anytime soon
Aug 17, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
My tuesdays will never be the same without HxH :/
Aug 17, 2014 2:45 AM

Feb 2011
I will crai forever
Aug 17, 2014 2:45 AM
Dec 2013
Bound to happen, since the Election arc is only 21 chapters long. If Togashi didn't go on hiatus back in 2012, it probably might've stayed on air.

But damn, do I wish I discovered this excellent franchise earlier. Hunter Exam arc - Greed Island arc have extremely high rewatch value for me. I'm hoping there'd be a 25-episode second season of the Dark Continent Expedition arc in October 2015 or something. But yeah, I'm gonna continue by reading the manga straight away after this anime ends, which is weekly like the anime, so it depends how fast the scanlations of each new chapter are released.

Just to think that this anime only had about 58,000 members on MAL back in October 2013, after being on air for 2 years.
wildhoodAug 17, 2014 3:11 AM
Aug 17, 2014 2:56 AM

Feb 2008
NOOOO !!!!!!!!!! What am I going to do ? My favourite shounen series coming to an end, now I'm stuck with Naruto again. I wonder if Gon will get to meet his father. I'm gonna' read the manga after the anime is finished.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 17, 2014 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
JumpinJackCrash said:
Bound to happen, since the Election arc is only 21 chapters long. If Togashi didn't go on hiatus back in 2012, it probably might've stayed on air.

But damn, do I wish I discovered this excellent franchise earlier. Hunter Exam arc-Greed Island arc have extremely high rewatch value for me. I'm hoping there'd be a 25-episode second season of the Dark Continent Expedition saga in October 2015 or something. But yeah, I'm gonna continue by reading the manga straight away after this anime ends, which is weekly like the anime, so it depends how fast the scanlations of each new chapter are released.

Buy WSJA if you live in NA, the speed scans are horrible and barely readable.
Aug 17, 2014 3:03 AM
Dec 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
JumpinJackCrash said:

But damn, do I wish I discovered this excellent franchise earlier. Hunter Exam arc-Greed Island arc have extremely high rewatch value for me. I'm hoping there'd be a 25-episode second season of the Dark Continent Expedition saga in October 2015 or something. But yeah, I'm gonna continue by reading the manga straight away after this anime ends, which is weekly like the anime, so it depends how fast the scanlations of each new chapter are released.

Buy WSJA if you live in NA, the speed scans are horrible and barely readable.

I don't live in North America, so I guess I'm fucked.
Aug 17, 2014 3:04 AM

Dec 2013
Anyone knows is there a big gap between released manga and current airing? ( Cause if their is then season 2 might come in a year or so )
Aug 17, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2010
Sigh....
Aug 17, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2010
>catch up to manga

>end anime

>2011

>restart anime completely

>catches up to manga again

>2030

>only three new chapters have been made since 2014

>yfw
Aug 17, 2014 3:11 AM

Feb 2014
robis798 said:
Anyone knows is there a big gap between released manga and current airing? ( Cause if their is then season 2 might come in a year or so )

The anime will end with chapter 339 probably, the manga is at chapter 349 right now. Go figure out the rest.
Aug 17, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
HitsuWTG said:
robis798 said:

The anime will end with chapter 339 probably, the manga is at chapter 349 right now. Go figure out the rest.

This. MAL provides almost all information you could ask for. Stop being too lazy to search and think for yourself...
Aug 17, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
sad news.

i hope it returns soon.
Aug 17, 2014 3:24 AM
Aug 2014
RIP hunter,another legend come to end .
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.