Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 16, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
so the estimate of 12 was correct

Madhouse did a great adaptation but im not too sad as it would of been worth nothing without such great source material im looking forward to hopefully reading it weekly
Aug 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
I stopped following the anime a while ago because I wanted to see more so I just read the manga instead. So, I don't really care much.
Aug 16, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
DrizzyXP said:
I stopped following the anime a while ago because I wanted to see more so I just read the manga instead. So, I don't really care much.

So you missed out on the great animation, music and artstyle to look at some childlike sketch drawing? You earn my respect.
Aug 16, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
keragamming said:
DrizzyXP said:

So you missed out on the great animation, music and artstyle to look at some childlike sketch drawing? You earn my respect.

I feel as though you are trying to rustle some jimmies.....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Aug 16, 2014 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
insan3Spectre said:
keragamming said:

I feel as though you are trying to rustle some jimmies.....

I just find it hard to believe someone with a brain would drop the hxh anime to go and read the manga instead. It's just mind blowing to me.
Aug 16, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
keragamming said:

Yea, I do. I find it hard to believe someone with a brain would drop the hxh anime to go and read the manga instead. It just mind blowing to me.

I didn't drop the anime, but I did read ahead and the manga art isn't anywhere near as bad as you are making it out to be. I can only assume you are going off of pics of the original run of the Chimera Ant arc, but that has since been fixed and, so far, the current manga arc isn't anything like that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Kasi said:
I wouldn't say so. The studio has no obligations to stay true to canon and we're lucky that they never padded the series out with fillers to begin with. I'm not aware of the time slot this show airs at, but with the series of movies the studio produces, they haven't has a problem with creating profit from those non-canon films. I'm sure they could have created a non canon ending if they wanted to.
They have no obligation but it's stupid not to, for the future.(or they might be under obligation, we don't know what their deal with Jump is) We're not lucky at all, the manga had so much material it would be weird if they did add any fillers, unless. Unless they were planning on giving Togashi time to get the manga ahead, which they didn't do, and which didn't happen, so it doesn't really matter.
That's true to a point, we don't know how much money they did make though. I don't think there would be any reason to make a non canon ending.

There's some fair room for speculation. I'm not trying to fight with you though, but considering a companies main objective is to make profit, I don't think introducing filler was a 0% chance. You're free to disagree as much as I thought it could be considered. It's a moot point now that it's been confirmed the series is ending.
Aug 16, 2014 9:03 PM

Oct 2013
insan3Spectre said:
keragamming said:

Yea, I do. I find it hard to believe someone with a brain would drop the hxh anime to go and read the manga instead. It just mind blowing to me.

I didn't drop the anime, but I did read ahead and the manga art isn't anywhere near as bad as you are making it out to be. I can only assume you are going off of pics of the original run of the Chimera Ant arc, but that has since been fixed and, so far, the current manga arc isn't anything like that.

I'll take your word for it, when I start the manga we shall see.
Aug 16, 2014 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
Ah I'm going to miss this show...
Aug 16, 2014 9:30 PM

Feb 2013
keragamming said:
The anime will be ending on September 23.

What a priceless birthday gift
Aug 16, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2012
Better than crap filler, honestly.
Tutturu ~
Aug 16, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2012
The only time Togashi had sketchy art was literally at the end of the GI arc and quite a few chapters into the Chimera ant arc but thats only if you read Online scans. Other than that it isn't bad as people put it out to be. It may not be super detailed but it's fine imo
Aug 16, 2014 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
R- said:
keragamming said:
The anime will be ending on September 23.

What a priceless birthday gift

In my birthday, noooooooo
jajajaja
6 episodes for 11 manga chapters, its Ok
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 16, 2014 10:04 PM
Aug 2011
Time to put on my catch-up batteries for the last ~20 episodes or so that I need.
Aug 16, 2014 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
Awww :(
I just hope it could airing forever like a certain ninja anime
Or maybe like One Piece...

Still, I'll sit here and wait until the next HxH :)
"Signature removed"
Aug 16, 2014 10:10 PM
Apr 2014
Some guy who never read the manga criticize its art.⊙_⊙
Aug 16, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
Tch people here have no brains, Togashi is a damn good artist, if you don't like his ART STYLE then that's your problem.

Aug 16, 2014 10:22 PM

Apr 2010
Kasi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
They have no obligation but it's stupid not to, for the future.(or they might be under obligation, we don't know what their deal with Jump is) We're not lucky at all, the manga had so much material it would be weird if they did add any fillers, unless. Unless they were planning on giving Togashi time to get the manga ahead, which they didn't do, and which didn't happen, so it doesn't really matter.
That's true to a point, we don't know how much money they did make though. I don't think there would be any reason to make a non canon ending.

There's some fair room for speculation. I'm not trying to fight with you though, but considering a companies main objective is to make profit, I don't think introducing filler was a 0% chance. You're free to disagree as much as I thought it could be considered. It's a moot point now that it's been confirmed the series is ending.

Its a late night anime since the Chimera Ant arc. Late night anime don't do filler arcs.

Aug 16, 2014 10:25 PM

Mar 2014
Is the anime ended forever or is it just on Hiatus?
Aug 16, 2014 10:26 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
Tch people here have no brains, Togashi is a damn good artist, if you don't like his ART STYLE then that's your problem.

To be honest with you most of that looks like shit. i thought that Attack on Titan manga had bad art but Hunter x Hunter is worse.
Aug 16, 2014 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
sullynathan said:
ichii_1 said:

To be honest with you most of that looks like shit. i thought that Attack on Titan manga had bad art but Hunter x Hunter is worse.
read the new chapters or get a actually volume they look pretty nice
Aug 16, 2014 10:46 PM

Sep 2012
Sad news, but it was to be expected anyway.

Hoping for an adaptation of the Dark Continent arc in the near future, but it'll be a while
Aug 16, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2014
sullynathan said:

HxH art isn't worse than AoT (I don't mind AoT art though >_<). At the very least Togashi gets body proportions right.

Some better examples
Aug 16, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2009
@ BakaKyon

Much better examples, yeah. Though I always really liked the double spread of Meruem and Komugi that Ichii posted.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2014 11:13 PM

Jul 2014
Oh. So it's true.. That's to be expected but still... -_-
Depressing. I guess I'll be away from watching anime for a while if HxH 2011 reached its ending. I don't want to be more depressed because of disappointment lol. Besides, I picked up the manga now. And the recent art looks pretty decent to be honest. It's really okay unlike the past chaps(start of CA).
Togashi dammit. They would've continued it(?) if it weren't... ><"
Oh well. Hope he won't get sick again and he'll avoid going on hiatus. I'm seriously praying for him.
Aug 16, 2014 11:16 PM

Mar 2014
BakaKyon said:
sullynathan said:

HxH art isn't worse than AoT (I don't mind AoT art though >_<). At the very least Togashi gets body proportions right.

Some better examples

This looks decent but it is still poor.
Aug 16, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
So decent is the same thing as poor now? Yes I will argue semantics over my beloved HxH

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 16, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2013
yatabare said:
Some guy who never read the manga criticize its art.⊙_⊙

So are you stupid enough to think I didn't look at the manga before I said this? Are you stupid!? Why would I say this if I never saw the manga?

Go on google search hxh manga. and you will see alot of images of the manga popping up. My god are you retarded?

ichii_1 said:

Ewwwww. :P The art is also generic that's why I don't really like any of the big 3 art they all have the same ugly black marker tone.

Let me give you a advice read more manga and then you'll see if that's good art. It's mediocre at best. And also I don't think attack on titan art is all that good either but it's way better than this, the art is not generic it also have a more realistic art tone than the kiddy drawing you see in hxh.
keragammingAug 16, 2014 11:32 PM
Aug 16, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
For all you who decided to skip out on this version of the anime adaptation and read the manga, you really fucking missed out. Though Togashi is an amazing writer, the adaptation maximizes on all of it's potential surpassing it. Some scenes in the manga are just meh, specifically art wise and then in the anime they're godlike.

TL;DR
Don't read the manga till you've finished this anime you fucking scumbags.

Also if Togashi goes back on Hiatus, I'm taking the anime off my favorite series list because of rage.
Aug 16, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
I knew this was coming. Even though I knew, I didn't think it'd be this soon. I'm sad, but it's for the best. I'm really thankful they're deciding to end it now instead of stretching it out with ridiculous filler arcs, and I'm also really thankful that they never slowed the pace down.

I do admit that the anime really did save the manga in terms of art. The manga still looks like it's drawn in the 90s. I don't really see much of an improvement from him. I hope he stops taking so many hiatuses (UNLESS they're for a good reason) so we can hope for a continuation of the anime in a few years.
Aug 16, 2014 11:40 PM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:

Thats some terrible art, and here I thought nothing could be worse then early One Piece.
Aug 16, 2014 11:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Oh nice, guess that means I can actually start watching it.. well except college resumes tomorrow but *technically* at least =w=
Aug 16, 2014 11:49 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
Ewwwww. :P The art is also generic that's why I don't really like any of the big 3 art they all have the same ugly black marker tone.

Let me give you a advice read more manga and then you'll see if that's good art. It's mediocre at best. And also I don't think attack on titan art is all that good either but it's way better than this, the art is not generic it also have a more realistic art tone than the kiddy drawing you see in hxh.

Those examples he provided are not the best. I will admit that HxH's art isn't the best (CA arc scans were terrible) but it's not "mediocre", especially the latest chapter. I guess it's still got that "generic" look to it (not that it's bad) but it's very clean and it's actually pretty good.

As for AoT's art, I can't bring myself to say that it's better than HxH's. Just, damn lol. I thought it was godawful at first but I actually grew to like it. I still wouldn't say it's better than HxH though.
Aug 16, 2014 11:50 PM

Jun 2013
To be expected but it's still sad news...
Aug 16, 2014 11:56 PM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

Those examples he provided are not the best. I will admit that HxH's art isn't the best (CA arc scans were terrible) but it's not "mediocre", especially the latest chapter. I guess it's still got that "generic" look to it (not that it's bad) but it's very clean and it's actually pretty good.

As for AoT's art, I can't bring myself to say that it's better than HxH's. Just, damn lol. I thought it was godawful at first but I actually grew to like it. I still wouldn't say it's better than HxH though.

-_- Even the early chapters of attack on titan has better art than hxh. Let us compare.

Attack on titan.

Do not look at this spoiler unless you're caught up to the attack on titan manga or atleast past chapter 45

Just the detail alone in the art proves this is better.

Togashi can never ever draw like that. In his entire life. You probably like cartoony drawing than realistic drawing I guess you would say hxh art is better than berserk as well?
Aug 17, 2014 12:12 AM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:

As for AoT's art, I can't bring myself to say that it's better than HxH's. Just, damn lol. I thought it was godawful at first but I actually grew to like it. I still wouldn't say it's better than HxH though.[

-_- Even the early chapters of attack on titan has better art than hxh. Let us compare.

Attack on titan.

Do not look at this spoiler unless you're caught up to the attack on titan manga or atleast past chapter 45

Togashi can never ever draw like that. In his entire life. You probably like cartoony drawing than realistic drawing I guess you would say hxh art is better than berserk as well?

HxH doesn't look as detailed as AoT most of the time, yes, but Togashi can draw better than that if he wants to.

Some examples from the new arc. There's no actual spoiler but don't look if you don't want to. (please zoom out)
http://i.imgur.com/TZTvcE5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bh31ZLe.jpg

The art can't be compared to Vagabond, Berserk and many other series but to say it's kiddy drawing is a little too much. I do think Togashi is a better artist than Isayama. That, and HxH and the big 3 are weekly manga.
Aug 17, 2014 12:16 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:

Attack on titan.

No, you dolt. I was actually gonna mention that Berserk & Vagabond are one of the greatest artworks I've seen.

And yes, I like cartoon-y. I like all kinds of styles but I don't find AoT's art that impressive at all.

And LOL @ your last statement being refuted by BakaKyon. Togashi isn't consistent because he's a lazyass. But if he actually tried, they'd look superb.
Aug 17, 2014 12:22 AM

Oct 2013
I guess we all have different opinion. Anyways I'm in the hxh forum what did I expect? btw Isayama also can do a lot better he's also lazy as well. :P

@BakaKyon the first drawing looks pretty good. The second one is mediocre at best.
Aug 17, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
I guess we all have different opinion. Anyways I'm in the hxh forum what did I expect? btw Isayama also can do a lot better he's also lazy as well. :P

@BakaKyon the first drawing looks pretty good. The second one is mediocre at best.

haha
ging's arm is hotter than everyone in AoT manga combined. 凸(=´▽`=)凸
BakaKyonAug 17, 2014 12:28 AM
Aug 17, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2014
This is such a bummer... I guess I'll pick up the manga once the anime is done with. I really hope it comes back eventually but it will probably be a long while
Aug 17, 2014 12:28 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:

There you go again with generalizing. I even admitted that I liked Berserk & Vagabond more and you go with "what did I expect". Lol, okay there.

Also, Isayama admitted that drawing isn't really his forté. But I don't mind it either because AoT's manga definitely has its own flare to it. I wouldn't want it to change now. If I wanted better art, I would just watch the anime.

And I agree with Baka, Ging's arms look way more "realistic" than whatever AoT has given us.
Aug 17, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2008
What am I gonna watch every tuesday now?

At least the manga started again, so this doesn't hurt too much.
Aug 17, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
keragamming said:

There you go again with generalizing. I even admitted that I liked Berserk & Vagabond more and you go with "what did I expect". Lol, okay there.

Also, Isayama admitted that drawing isn't really his forté. But I don't mind it either because AoT's manga definitely has its own flare to it. I wouldn't want it to change now. If I wanted better art, I would just watch the anime.

And I agree with Baka, Ging's arms look way more "realistic" than whatever AoT has given us.

The female titan ass looks better than anything in hxh. :P
Aug 17, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2007
This has been one of those few legit great shows I can't find anything wrong with really. Just been a pleasure to watch for three years, solid guaranteed fun and enjoyment every week consistently. It's going to be the first time in quite a while I'll feel that sense of longing after an anime series has wrapped up. Only Gundam Build Fighters will likely to have come close though that's been diminished knowing it will be returning at the same time.
Aug 17, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
sanjithecook123 said:

I feel like the manga will kill it for me. The art just looks like sketches

I don't like the art it looks like it was drawn by a twelve year old using a black marker.

The art in the volume/tome are good:

Version Jump :
http://i29.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/225/hunter-x-hunter-327231.jpg
Version Tome :
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16378/153430/50a19adbb408cc63ea7d73ad4a81b7ea.jpg
- Phinks
Version Jump
http://i32.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/226/hunter-x-hunter-327250.jpg
Version Tome :
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16378/153431/306708aaf995cf6a77d3083885b60907.jpg
Feitan
Version Jump
http://i31.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/226/hunter-x-hunter-327253.jpg
http://i19.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/229/hunter-x-hunter-327290.jpg
Version Tome
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16378/153431/e8792705b5cea2f03388f86885f645a3.jpg
http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16378/153435/598232ecb7f37c7f9e4d6234f81ecb4f.jpg

And the scans for next arc are good
GuilekAug 17, 2014 2:53 AM
Aug 17, 2014 2:38 AM

Oct 2012
This is still better than fillers. Let's just hope there'll be no more manga hiatus so it will get animated again even if it might take years.
Aug 17, 2014 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
There are many times where I can appreciate less-detailed art.

Also,
Black Marker > Bold-point-Sharpie-outlined characters
--

I salute thee, Takahiko Abiru.
GalekCAug 17, 2014 3:12 AM
Aug 17, 2014 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Ging's arm. Lol XDD
Anyway, I think it's enough that the art is more tolerable now. While it can't be compared with very detailed/good ones, it's still a bit too much comparing it with a kid's drawing.
Aug 17, 2014 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
No HxH :(. I hope the anime come back in few years.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

59 by plutoHendrixx »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
8 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.