Forum Settings
Forums

Would you be interested in a story with the following premise???

New
Aug 15, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2014
Ok, so I'm writing a story, and I don't know whether or not it might catch the interest of anybody so I'm doing this as a sort of test for it.

30 years ago, the world discovered magic.

Well rather than discovered, it was more like magic was introduced to the world. Due to a certain event that took place, magic began to flow and Earth underwent a drastic change. Construction Phenomena, the power to bring fantasy into reality, such an ability began to spread throughout the world.

The influence of magic took it’s toll on the planet in many ways. Events that drastically changed the ecosystem was widespread, and places later to be called labyrinths would pop up all around the world almost overnight. Mutations on various wildlife were also quite rampant, creating existences akin to monsters. Such events and many more would take place as magic’s potency and effect continued to grow.

With such a change occurring, the human race also underwent a drastic adjustment.

In it’s wake, the human race’s physiology changed and three variations came to exist with strict ties to magic. The magically competent, the magically gifted, and ability users.

The magically competent can be described as a sponge, absorbing magic but with none of their own, while the magically gifted are akin to faucets, producing their own magic. The ability users in this respect would be regarded as a filter, in which the raw magic power they possessed is filtered and expressed as an ability or skill.

These three variations, which would later make up the whole of the human race, all have one thing in common, that is the ability to use and interact with magic.

Of course the influence it had on society was also unprecedented. The first to feel its effect was the military. With attempted mobilization and militarization of magic, combat and warfare drastically changed. Magic became a cornerstone of any army, and it’s use reflected military strength.

Magic also spread into various aspects of society. Technology, education, entertainment, even sports, all these places and many more were influenced, creating an everday life in which magic was the norm.

Technology changed greatly as magic’s influence seeped into everyday life. As a fuel source, magic was a nigh inexhaustible resource, and with the knowledge and reassurance that everybody in the world was capable of interacting with magic, magical tools began to take up the majority of the everyday tools in a person’s life. In this respect, the interaction between electronically controlled objects and magically controlled objects was a dynamic pairing, in which the eventual overtaking of magic outweighed the influence of the previous era’s technology.

In a similar fashion, the entertainment industry was also greatly influenced by magic. Going of the previous era’s fantasies, magic became a big thing. “Sports” that centered on the use of magic, as well as the interaction between magic and the physical body were widely popular. The use of magic in movies and tv shows replaced CGI and documentary-esque real time broadcasts of magical adventures and a colloseum like fights between magicians in a similar fashion to boxing were greatly popular with the general masses.

With the influence of both industries, magic’s popularity and usage rapidly expanded.

As result, a hierarchy began to form. A hierarchy centered on magical ability was cemented into society. Accomplished magicians were regarded as something to strive for, while those that lacked talent in the art were looked down on. In a sense, it was a world in which best encapsulated the phrase, “Survival of the fittest”.

With the rapid expansion of magic, the world was entering a new era. Similarly to the growth of the communication era of the previous century, The age of magic was rising and reaching its peak.

Aug 15, 2014 7:44 PM

Dec 2013
I feel like i watched smth like that recently, but that's a very interesting story, i'm interested.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 15, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2014
yeah, the more I look at it, the story reminds me a little too much of Mahouka Rettousei... But I plan on changing a few things to diverge the story from that.
Aug 15, 2014 8:10 PM

Dec 2013
Lv1Slime said:
yeah, the more I look at it, the story reminds me a little too much of Mahouka Rettousei... But I plan on changing a few things to diverge the story from that.
You could start with not adding a boring Gary stu and 'Onii-sama', that alone would make the story 1000 times better.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

More topics from this board

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
7 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
7 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.