Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2014 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
Im gonna watch Hunter X Hunter n I just wanna know. is there any time skips? and if so then how many? and do the characters ACTUALLY look older? not like One Piece where they look pretty much the same age and Nami's bust got bigger than ever. tho Ussop, Chopper n Sanji looked older, the rest didnt.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 15, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
Hunter X Hunter doesnt even have Chimera Arc (as much as i have heard)

This means the older version is actually behind the current one.

How would you expect a time skip in that?

Sorry im just basing on what i have heard, i haven't seen the older version.

And if you meant time skips in 2011 then there isnt, the story has gone on in its normal pace.
Aug 15, 2014 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
No, there aren't any time-skips in Hunter x Hunter.

Sometimes characters will leave the show for a while, and when they come back they'll have new powers etc. So it avoids traditional time-skips in this sense.

Also, even though over a year has canonically passed in the story, it is explicitly stated that the main characters' ages are the same as when the series began (12). So characters don't age either (similar to Ash from Pokémon, but in this case a quantifiable amount of time has passed), which is unfortunate in my opinion.
Aug 15, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2010
Core1019 said:

Also, even though over a year has canonically passed in the story, it is explicitly stated that the main characters' ages are the same as when the series began (12). So characters don't age either (similar to Ash from Pokémon, but in this case a quantifiable amount of time has passed), which is unfortunate in my opinion.

Um you are wrong. Lets take http://myanimelist.net/character/28/Kurapika for example. They do age. He started as 17 but currently is 19. I think Kura is the most time skipped character (in some way) to be honest.

MilieFiore said:
Lylaaz said:

And if you meant time skips in 2011 then there isnt, the story has gone on in its normal pace.

This made me laugh more than it should have XD

you are welcome o_o
LylaazAug 15, 2014 3:17 PM
Aug 15, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
SupaNiper said:
No, there's no actual time skip where the characters "grow". Just plain awesomeness all the way.
Lylaaz said:
Hunter X Hunter doesnt even have Chimera Arc (as much as i have heard)

This means the older version is actually behind the current one.

How would you expect a time skip in that?

Sorry im just basing on what i have heard, i haven't seen the older version.

Core1019 said:
No, there aren't any time-skips in Hunter x Hunter.

Sometimes characters will leave the show for a while, and when they come back they'll have new powers etc. So it avoids traditional time-skips in this sense.

Lylaaz said:
Core1019 said:

Um you are wrong. Lets take http://myanimelist.net/character/28/Kurapika for example. They do age. He started as 17 but currently is 19. I think Kura is the most time skipped character (in some way) to be honest.

MilieFiore said:

you are welcome o_o

Ayt cheerz people!

Yh im gonna watch the new 1! I was hopin for Time Skips but its all good. Does it get darker by any chance? or isit nice n light hearted all da way?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Aug 15, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
hunter x hunter has like... 5 timeskips but they're like 1 month long each

And no they don't change much overall.
Except when theh try to highlight the change (like Killua's abs scene)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
Lylaaz said:
Core1019 said:

MilieFiore said:

you are welcome o_o

Wheres your sig from dude?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Aug 22, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Yh im gonna watch the new 1! I was hopin for Time Skips but its all good. Does it get darker by any chance? or isit nice n light hearted all da way?

New 1 is closer to manga + every arc gets better and better. It gets darker and more complex and light hearted parts too. I guess.. characters definitely grow mentally.

and my sig is from http://myanimelist.net/manga/28533/Watashi_ga_Motenai_no_wa_Dou_Kangaete_mo_Omaera_ga_Warui!
Aug 22, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
It would be cool if it has a timeskip though. At least make them be like 16 years old. 12 year old is just too young imo especially the kind of things they are doing at that age.
Aug 23, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
No timeskips. However just a warning while watching this show, it will feel as if time...is skipping....
"This fucking beer, It's fucking tasty" - Kaiji Itou
Jul 29, 2015 7:14 AM

Jun 2015
Timeskip so far has not occured, but I'm expecting some after or during the newest arc in the manga. Only character of the four main cast who changed his outlook a bit is Kurapika.
But canonically speaking, more than two and a half years have already passed. That makes Gon and Killua about 14-15 yrs old, Kurapika 19-20, and Leorio 21-22. So yeah, I really HOPE that Gon and Killua will start to look older in the manga (whenever it resumes).
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.