Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid' to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 15, 2014 12:56 AM

Apr 2014
*fangirling intensifies*
Aug 15, 2014 1:05 AM
May 2012
LastChapter said:
I'd happily wait years for Force to be animated just to see Nanoha and her big guns.

Damn, that looks so fucking awesome!!
Well, the prequels are on my plan to watch list. So, I'll watch this, too :3
Aug 15, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2007
Daaaamn. Me likes :) I certainly didn't expect that.
Aug 15, 2014 1:41 AM

Jul 2013
LastChapter said:
I'd happily wait years for Force to be animated just to see Nanoha and her big guns.

Didn't see this earlier..
But sweet Jesus O____O
I'm with you on that as well, after seeing those images.
Aug 15, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2011
Finally another Nanoha series!
Aug 15, 2014 2:01 AM
Dec 2012
Force will not be animated anytime soon because manga is on long term hiatus.
Aug 15, 2014 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
Great news. I've been waiting for news of an adaptation for what felt like ages.
Aug 15, 2014 3:25 AM

Jul 2009
Yeahhhh! Super happy!!! If it was Force I would be "whatever, hate that thing, never finished the manga coz it was bad..." now ViVid is super cute and full of Nanoha and Fate :D
Aug 15, 2014 3:53 AM

Apr 2007
Nanoha innocent was the only manga worth adapting. Not exactly excited for Vivid. Although adapting Force would have been even worse (to me).
Aug 15, 2014 6:06 AM

Oct 2010
More Nanoha anime = more fun. Though I can't say that Im really excited on it as ViVid is like the Dragonball(kid goku version) version of Nanoha.

Perhaps this adaptation might bring back those martial art theme story in animation? That might be something to look forward to.
Aug 15, 2014 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
That's good to hear, I recently started the Anime so another season will mean more fun :D
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Aug 15, 2014 6:24 AM

Jun 2010
Yay my most beloved Mahou Shoujo franchise gets a new anime - that is great news!

Glad they picked Vivid for an adaption, better than the convoluted mess that Force is. Only Innocent would have been even better.
Aug 15, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2011
Cool news
Aug 15, 2014 6:37 AM

Oct 2010
Asturaetus said:

Glad they picked Vivid for an adaption, better than the convoluted mess that Force is. Only Innocent would have been even better.

Definitely!
Aug 15, 2014 6:49 AM

May 2011
Great news! As a fan of the series, I've been waiting this for a long time.
Aug 15, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
Good for Nanoha fans. Looks like the Blu-rays and films sold well.

Man, I've only seen the first season.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 15, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
Asturaetus said:
Yay my most beloved Mahou Shoujo franchise gets a new anime - that is great news!

Yeap! "Innocent" would be more than better, but I agree with you, better ViVid than Force.
Aug 15, 2014 9:03 AM

Sep 2009
I will never understand why people like Innocent so much. It's not kanon, it uses trend online-games theme and it's even more lighthearted than ViVid.

I haven't read Infinite Library ark of ViVid yet(waiting for translation) but Tournament ark was great action sports anime. It reminded me Saki and Girls und Panzer but with magic and martial arts theme. But the best thing were flashbacks about Unification war. I really want to see more about Olivie and other ancient heroes.
Aug 15, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
LastChapter said:

wow those pic are epic, even though it's make force feels like infinite stratos a bit (girls with giant arsenals)
Aug 15, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD. YES.

I've never read ViviD actually, because I really wasn't into reading mangas after finishing StrikerS years ago. But after rewatching the first two seasons last year, I told myself I would read Vivid after rewatching StrikerS but I guess I'll just wait for the animation.

I have a question though, since I haven't read anything after StrikerS. Do we actually get to see Nanoha & Feito-chan a lot in Vivid? I'm seeking for more adult!Fate and Bardiche and I have a love-hate relationship with Vivio.
Aug 15, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
YES! <3 ☆*・゜゚・*(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Thank you for these splendid tidings, Dunois!

Aug 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
I've been meaning to start Nanoha. My only experience with it so far is a crossover one-shot with Prism Illya.

You haven't seen Nanoha?

Which means you haven't experienced the GREATEST Mahou Shoujo to ever be created....Fate?

Shame on you!
Aug 15, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2008
*ecstasy*

MY Vivio is back!
Aug 15, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
definitely will pass characters look too loli or moe
Aug 15, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
Mr_Gutts said:

Why do you even bother with threads about series you have never seen?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 15, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2010
Mr_Gutts said:

They may look loli but fight like grown ups:

Aug 15, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I will never understand why people like Innocent so much. It's not kanon, it uses trend online-games theme and it's even more lighthearted than ViVid.

Being light hearted isn't the problem with Vivid. It's the excessive fanservice and massively expanding one-shot characters. Nanoha Innocent is full of moe and focuses on the top-tier charcters of the franchise without actually adding more of them. Plus the character designs are infinitely more badass looking than Vivid when it wants to be. It may not be Canon to the original Nanoha timeline, but Vivid and Force just make me wish the Nanoha franchise stopped with StrikerS. An AU like Nanoha Innocent is a breath of fresh air to those who disliked the route the Nanoha franchise was going with the Vivid and Force mangas.

And yes, Nanoha Innocent has quite a bit of fanservice as well, but the series plays that to its strength and it's much better than the pointless clothes shredding fanservice that Vivid provides...
KilluanAug 15, 2014 6:40 PM
Aug 15, 2014 6:55 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Great news. Although there is no much of direction in Vivid, it's much better compared to Force. While Force has more of a story, it's just badly-written and it recycles elements from the previous seasons. Plus it seems to be canceled, so it doesn't seems there might be a chance to make an anime out of it. I could see more of a chance of Innocent getting a bunch of OVA or so, even if it's not canon pretty much.

I wonder now, how the third movie will connect to Vivid. Will it be a StrikerS prologue exclusive to the movies or just a new continuation and Vivid will be a sequel to the TV series?
Aug 15, 2014 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
LastChapter said:

Thank you for showing me that I'm not alone in wanting a Force anime. Fortress Nanoha would be amazing animated. Not to mention, Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate look gorgeous in Force whereas they look okay in Vivid. Well, that;s just the artstyle.

But, it's a Nanoha TV series for the first time in seven years and I'd be a fool to look a gift horse in the mouth since this could lead to the possibility of a Force anime *fingers crossed*

*Looks at the rest of the posts on the thread*
*Still feels so alone*
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 15, 2014 10:42 PM

Dec 2007
YES. Let's. Fucking. GO. Best news I've heard all year anime-wise. If Negima finally gets an adaptation off the strength of UQ Holder then I'm pretty much satisfied with manga adaptations for good.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Aug 16, 2014 3:47 AM

Sep 2009
Killuan said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Being light hearted isn't the problem with Vivid. It's the excessive fanservice and massively expanding one-shot characters. Nanoha Innocent is full of moe and focuses on the top-tier charcters of the franchise without actually adding more of them. Plus the character designs are infinitely more badass looking than Vivid when it wants to be. It may not be Canon to the original Nanoha timeline, but Vivid and Force just make me wish the Nanoha franchise stopped with StrikerS. An AU like Nanoha Innocent is a breath of fresh air to those who disliked the route the Nanoha franchise was going with the Vivid and Force mangas.

And yes, Nanoha Innocent has quite a bit of fanservice as well, but the series plays that to its strength and it's much better than the pointless clothes shredding fanservice that Vivid provides...

I really don't understand people bothered with fancervice in ViVid. It's not the main focus any bit and it never concerned me. New characters are developed the same amount as in Saki which is enough for me. And I like the designs.

ViVid has a great action and it's different from previous parts while still managing to be a sequel. And the best thing is that it takes some focus on Saint King Unification war and Olivie. I had some problems with Force same as most people here but I like general direction Nanoha goes. Military sci-fi or sports-like action is much better than another season of mahou-shoujo with lolis even if it would be packed with drama and action. Don't get me wrong A's is still my favorite season but I prefer if they just fix Force somehow or make a new story with the similar to StrikerS and Force atmosphere but less global than go to square one with alternate setting like they did with Innocent.
Nachtwandler_21Aug 16, 2014 4:29 PM
Aug 16, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
OMG a dream come true ! :3 *happy*
Aug 16, 2014 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
This series has been on my Plan to Watch list for ages. I guess I have a pretty good reason to start watching now.
Aug 17, 2014 4:33 AM

Jan 2014
More Nanoha.. sweet! Fingers crossed that it can be as exciting as the 1st 3
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 18, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2011
It's weird. I'm a huge Nanoha "fan" but I have yet to even finish the first season (I've been on episode 3 for years)... damn doujins.

Now I have an excuse to watch all seasons, all movies, read the manga...

Aug 18, 2014 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
I should start catching up with this series. I left off after A's and haven't gotten back to it.
Aug 21, 2014 5:39 AM

Nov 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Killuan said:

I really don't understand people bothered with fancervice in ViVid. It's not the main focus any bit and it never concerned me. New characters are developed the same amount as in Saki which is enough for me. And I like the designs.

ViVid has a great action and it's different from previous parts while still managing to be a sequel. And the best thing is that it takes some focus on Saint King Unification war and Olivie. I had some problems with Force same as most people here but I like general direction Nanoha goes. Military sci-fi or sports-like action is much better than another season of mahou-shoujo with lolis even if it would be packed with drama and action. Don't get me wrong A's is still my favorite season but I prefer if they just fix Force somehow or make a new story with the similar to StrikerS and Force atmosphere but less global than go to square one with alternate setting like they did with Innocent.

I compeltely agree with this. Vivid is unlike its preceding series and Force, in that it combines several really fantastic plot types in one. It has the mahou shoujo aspect that I'm sure everyone in this forum loves, but it also combines that sports darma with a historical mystery as well. And, without spoiling anything, I can say that the plot is intriguing. I don't know if it stands up to A's, imo, but I find it to be really engaging, even if it's just a completely different type of story. I just hope they don't go overboard with the fanservice like they have been lately, especially as it's not the focus of the manga.

Actually I should say I don't compeltely agree. I do want to see an Innocent anime as well, since it's just simply a silly alternate universe that happens to have Stern as a prominant character.
Aug 24, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2011
sunny-j said:
I have a question though, since I haven't read anything after StrikerS. Do we actually get to see Nanoha & Feito-chan a lot in Vivid? I'm seeking for more adult!Fate and Bardiche and I have a love-hate relationship with Vivio.

nanoha and fate does not appear much in vivid, vivid mainly focuses on vivio and her gang of friends + nove deici and some of the 12 number girls that fought with force six during the 3rd season. Nanoha do appear in the manga more frequently than fate though, most of the time as cameo only, sometimes not even 1 page per chapter lol. ( with the exception of the first few chapters in the front where they were having simulation training) .

Personally i am happy to have vivid animated but i would've preferred innocent or another more nanofate centered season (maybe during the timeline in between A's and strikers) , they've been expanding their character pool too rapidly thesedays, look at strikers, we have 20 new characters there and now in vivid we're gonna get another 20.

But still, more nanoha franchise are always welcomed <3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
5 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.