Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 10:29 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ensign Reccoa betrayed the Argama and the AEUG... I was surprised a little when I saw her, but I was already suspecting it ever since she was on that spy mission and met Scirocco. However, her motives are still unclear, let's hope it gets revealed soon.

great episode, Char and kamille are back in space, and Bright shak hands with Char for the first time knowing who he was.

Btw where is the Radish?
Jan 19, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
so reccoa is alive and has turned traitor, damn her!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 30, 2010 10:09 AM

Apr 2009
Veethorn said:
and Bright shak hands with Char for the first time knowing who he was.
Didn't he know who he was from the beginning? When they first met he called him a captain, which was Char's rank, although Quattro is a liautenant... I think he knew, I think everyone did... they just humoured the man...
Jul 30, 2010 10:24 AM

Feb 2009
Alas86 said:
Veethorn said:
and Bright shak hands with Char for the first time knowing who he was.
Didn't he know who he was from the beginning? When they first met he called him a captain, which was Char's rank, although Quattro is a liautenant... I think he knew, I think everyone did... they just humoured the man...

I dunno, it's possible but extremely unbelievable. If you found out a life-time enemy was on your side somehow, you wouldn't just hang-out with him out of the blue. I can't believe if Bright knew he was Char from the beginning he would be working with him so easily. I don't remember the Captain thing, but it might have been a small mistake by the producers.
Jul 30, 2010 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
Not really, Char might have fought against the Whitebase crew a few times. But in the end it was the Zabi family who he was really after. That, and the AEUG were comprised of both jaded Earth Federation soldiers AND Zeon pilots.

Both parties found a common interest and enemy. So I don't think it's surprising that even though Bright most likely knew he was Char right off the bat, that both put aside their differences and join forces to destroy the Titans.

Jul 30, 2010 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Veethorn said:
I don't remember the Captain thing, but it might have been a small mistake by the producers.
No Char, or rather Quattro, explicitly corrected him, so it wasn't a mistake by the producers...
For the rest I agree with Mendou...
Alas86Jul 30, 2010 10:50 AM
Aug 9, 2010 1:26 PM

May 2008
Char and Bright in the end was so nice but weird~
Even if Reccoa just spying on Scirocco or betrayed the Argama, I still hate that woman~
Aug 23, 2010 12:40 PM

Sep 2009
yay character development.
This episode had lots.

Kamille finally starts calling him Char.
Jul 28, 2011 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
"This is no longer Dakar. I'll do as I wish!" BU-BUT YOU ALWAYS DO AS YOU WISH, JERID KONOYARO щ(ºДº)щ

I sure hope they can properly explain Reccoa's mood swings. Suddenly falling in love with Yazan or Scirocco being a born natural pimp simply doesn't convince me.
Nov 27, 2011 11:53 PM

Jun 2008
the moment Bright called Char by his name was epic <3
Mar 22, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so reccoa is alive and has turned traitor, damn her!
She does look pretty good in that Titans uniform, though.
May 9, 2013 4:55 AM
Apr 2008
I laughed out loud at around 08:18 into the show: Jerid, that's some nice armour you have there. Is it made from PLOT?

Alas, I don't really mind it, being biased since I like Jerid and don't want him to die, but any other mook in Gundam would have spontaneously exploded... or maybe his not dying is actually more realistic and he gets to survive because the laws of real-world chemistry and physics solely apply to him?

- I really liked the small talk between Reccoa and the Titans dude trying to hit on her: he realized how fruitless it due to her damn personality.

- What I find awkward about Zeta Gundam, but especially in this episode, is how everyone keeps referring to each other by their full name. Well, in English culture it is really awkward, though it is probably less awkward in Japanese culture, but that's probably debatable.

Veethorn said:
Bright shak hands with Char for the first time knowing who he was.

I'm 70% certain that Bright already knew he was Char.
...Wait, only the A.E.U.G. and Karaba forces on Earth knew he was Char. God dammit! I'm falling victim to this "selective awareness dissonance between audience and characters" thing that this show has.

atomusku said:
I sure hope they can properly explain Reccoa's mood swings. Suddenly falling in love with Yazan or Scirocco being a born natural pimp simply doesn't convince me.

I can believe that, since this lifestyle and behaviour of hers was revealed to be a large part of how she grew up and consequently how she identifies herself.
TheOtherJNMay 9, 2013 3:35 PM
May 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
Veethorn said:

Very cool. Bright likely has no idea what he's saying, though. Char has some great unknown plan that's falling together, I'm sure.
Jun 30, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2010
Jarid has never once done anything right and still gets to be a pilot. I love it.

Cathedral said:
Veethorn said:

Very cool. Bright likely has no idea what he's saying, though. Char has some great unknown plan that's falling together, I'm sure.

Why don't you trust char?
Aug 4, 2013 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
I always hated Reccoa. Even if she's just being a spy, I still hate her, lol.
Too much action this episode.
Jan 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder what the hell Reccoa's plan really is.
Feb 5, 2014 1:15 PM
Aug 2011
Reccoa's unbearable right now.
Mar 7, 2014 10:19 PM

May 2008
Called it. Annnd bye-bye Amuro, thanks for the entertainment.

parfaited said:
Reccoa's unbearable right now.

This.
Jun 3, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2013
One word: Reccoa -_-

Someone pls kill her, if she dies that would be the best episode in the series.
Jul 8, 2014 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode!!

Amuro helping Char and Kamille to go to space is awesome!!! Seems Amuro is indeed back at his usual self :D

I've been noticing that everyone seems to love the phrase "Ochiron" which roughly go down or fall down when trying to shoot a mobile suit.

Amuro says it, Char says it, Kamille says it, Beltorchika says it, even Titans and others says it.

Such an iconic phrase :)

Those damn kids, At least they didn't launch or anything stupid like what Katz would do.

Fa almost got killed, poor Batch got killed. It's the first time i saw him then he get's killed just like that.

And wtf Reccoa!?! She doesn't seem to be controlled by Titans so i'm assuming she's doing this out of her own free will.

Damn you Reccoa!!! I have a feeling Kamille and Char will be facing her in battle soon.

Kamille taking a bath!! Feels like it's been awhile since i last saw them animate his bathing scene XD

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jun 4, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
Tomino is killing all the wrong characters. I don't even know who Batch is, I am not going to feel anything if he dies. Why doesn't he just kill Reccoa or those two kids?
Mar 27, 2016 8:31 PM
Nov 2015
I'll miss Amuro, but I was happy we got a little bit of him and Hayato in the final stretch. I liked the action better in this episode than most, but totally agree with those here who wish Reccoa dead.
Apr 5, 2016 8:40 PM

Feb 2014
So she is joining the side she knows is causing mass atrocities just because shes thirsty for Scirocco cock? Like seriously how can you respect that character at all now.
May 1, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
"a clown" ? So Char was really against claiming any political position? Strange, seeing how he easily blurbed out his damn Zeonism.

"You changed me [Char]" - Amuro Ray, UC0086
Whaaaat? How can he be so BLIND? How can they all be!? (Bright too q_p)

Reccoa as a Titan is no surprise, I feared it since she met Sirocco. I am no fan of her either but thanks to her (re)actions, we actually know a lot more about her.
Fa's new motivation was good, too bad it had to come from yet another Gundam hijack + stupid kids misdoing.

It's finally the time for the last space stretch! Impatient to see what what they have in storage but I am concerned: they introduced the Axis and its leader Haman Kharn who looked like the real ennemy, Char is "reverting back" to his old-self... Jamitov and his Titans might be almost finished but I don't see how this could be concluded in 12 episodes.

3/5

May 2, 2016
@eXtacy67 She isn't after his penis, She is in need of someone who could fulfill her emptiness: she has clearly no conviction and was in the ÆUG only as a consequence of early doings some events lead her to do. She was expecting a man like Quattro to be her reason to live but he wasn't up for it, and that is when she stumbled upon Guru Paptimus who offered her a magnetic charismatic leadership figure to trust and follow. She is just a weak-minded nothing.
You're better enslaved by those gurus when you feel loneliness and lack a goal in your existence.

June 21, 2020
@St0rmblade Were the preliminaries sparsed on a few episodes here and there (particularly the last ones) not enough ? I thought it was "distillated" well enough to not require more to allow for this short "skip", this episode being the final nail.
Rei_IIIJun 21, 2020 12:28 AM
Nov 28, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty meh episode to be honest, nothing of much importance besides the reveal that the bitch is a traitor, but i figured that already.
Jan 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Reccoa ultimate thot.
Mar 2, 2017 9:11 AM

May 2012
Intense episode I must say! Pretty lovely, let's see what's next!
Jun 15, 2017 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
I understand why Reccoa betrayed the AEUG, has seen too many times the Star Wars movie. XD
Closing the parenthesis of stupid jokes, the episode was not very exciting, but it has the value of having a good symbolic value and giving room for reflection on the narratives. Good fight in the first part of the episode, not the same value as in the second part.
Aug 28, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2016
Solid episode.. actually the last few have been.

Honely, I do not think Raccoa is a trader; at some point she'll be in a battle with Char and she'll come to her senses.. but then get killed by Char since it is Gundam.
Feb 5, 2018 1:56 PM

May 2015
Jerid is a bust even with a new mobile suit and he still doesn’t come thru… I would have loved if the show focused more in Yazan instead of Jerid the later one doesn’t work as an antagonist/villain.

Reccoa betraying the AEUG because her hearth told her [she fell in love/is infatuated with Scirocco or Yazan(?)] is the dumbest thing ever however now that they make that decision I won’t stand it if they over turn her treachery at the last moment…

On a side note:
Where the hell is Bask Om?
Mar 21, 2018 5:31 PM

Feb 2012
I can't stand those kids, and I'm surprised at how much freedom Raccoa was given with the Titans.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
2 kills this episode
8 kills this war
85 kills total

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
1 Kill this episode
49 Kills total
Nov 11, 2018 4:28 PM

Nov 2016
Reccoa switching sides was to be expected, wonder what she's exactly scheming, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2017
"If your death will end this war, I'll permit you to go" - Brighto-san is so mean to Fa.

The part with kids getting into the MS was super dumb and pointless.

There were also several moments with reused footage in this episode.

As for Reccoa...sigh. How do we get from getting saved by Yazan to being a member of Titans without a single second of intermediary scenes? How did this even happen? Yes it's predictable, but you can't just skip to it.

Poor Batch got basically crucified. With 3 consecutive grins from enemy pilots.

We also got to see Kamille in shower, because why not? Just like with Char.

I still can't get wrap my head around the fact that people in this show call each other by full names out of the blue. Why would Kamille do that to Fa? It's super awkward.

@Rei_III
Probably, if you think that the Titans can accept a potential "spy" just as easily as Argama did with other suspicious pilots. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.
St0rmbladeJun 21, 2020 12:45 AM
Dec 1, 2020 1:19 AM

Jan 2013
I don't even know whom I want to see dead more - Reccoa The Traitor or those two retarded kids on Argama.
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
Veethorn said:
Alas86 said:

I dunno, it's possible but extremely unbelievable. If you found out a life-time enemy was on your side somehow, you wouldn't just hang-out with him out of the blue. I can't believe if Bright knew he was Char from the beginning he would be working with him so easily. I don't remember the Captain thing, but it might have been a small mistake by the producers.

That's what I was thinking, but so far every returning character from 0079 has known who Quattro was and was just like "oh, hey. It's been a while." My guess is that Amuro told everybody else about the revelation of Char's true motives at the end of 0079, and they all suddenly gained respect for him or something.
Sep 12, 2021 5:00 AM

Nov 2014
Damn, Reccoa turned traitor just because a guy touched her face.

Also, Jesus, that scene with the kids breaking into the Methuss. Geez, almost seems like it's a terrible idea to have a bunch of children on a warship. Who would have thought?
Oct 12, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2016
I really hope fa spanks the fuck out of those kids. and I think the big part about reccoa leaving was her realization that char was just humoring her, and never took her seriously out of combat. she said a while ago that the right man never came along... but once she met siricco and yazan, she was influenced right away. still, fuck that thrill-seeking roastie
Dec 16, 2021 5:44 AM

Dec 2021
So yeah, i really really REALLY hope this Reccoa thing is her somehow trying to bullshitting the Titans, or at least that she has some ulterior motives, becasue come on "i betrayed my faction because he hot" is too ridicolous and sexist even for an 80s series. Char and Bright made the episode still very enjoyable tho
Jan 6, 2022 8:18 PM

Feb 2017
Isn't Ensign a really low position in the military? I find it funny that everyone no matter their organization or allegiance calls her Ensign.
Jun 25, 2022 2:47 AM

May 2012
Fuck Reccoa dude. She got bitch slapped by Scirocco once and now she's betraying longtime allies to "follow her heart." Ridiculous.

Easily my least favorite character out of 0079 and Zeta combined.
Aug 21, 2022 6:44 AM

Jul 2014
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate these stupid damn kids. Literally no reason for them to be here, and every scene they're in is a complete and utter waste of time and a complete and utter tone-killer. Definitely my least-favourite trope in these early UC entries by a long shot: you could take the kids out of both 0079 and Zeta entirely and the only changes would be for the better. Nothing would be lost from the plot that anyone would miss, unless people love Fa being forced to spend most of her time babysitting the brats.

They also really didn't need to draw out the reveal of Reccoa's betrayal for this long, as it was obviously where her character was going as soon as she met Scirocco for the first time. Never mind the fact that "I betrayed them cos I'm hardcore simping for Scirocco" is extremely fucking stupid and also incredibly sexist.
AtavisticAug 21, 2022 6:52 AM
Sep 5, 2022 8:21 AM
Jun 2017
coooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Sep 7, 2022 5:15 PM

Jun 2016
Don't know why Kamille is so fixated on Reccoa when you have a cute girl like Fa and Emma... Four too but she is gone sadly....

What Reccoa is doing is better to be worth it if she turns out not to be a traitor. If she doesn't redeem herself or remain as a traitor, I am sure people will dislike her even more. Anyways, I really do think Kamille should just straight up forget about her. What good has she done to the Argama anyways to received such attention from Kamille?

Alrighty, time to continue watching to see what happens next....
Aug 29, 2023 5:23 AM

Jul 2017
just waiting for the death of reccoa at this point
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 27, 2023 2:08 PM
Oct 2023
This is awful. Reccoa ruined a significant portion of my enjoyment of this show. Now, since my fears came true, i will dock 2 points from whatever score i was going to give this show once im done. Terrible. And i was enjoying most of it up to this point. Horrible.

"Its gonna take a lot to win that womans heart." No, dude. Just slap her. Be a big macho douche, put her in her place, show her that youre the boss but will also treat her personally well as long as shes obedient and she will submissively do whatever you say. Hell, shell even be okay if you kill her friends.

Fuck this plot point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

92 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 37 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 4, 2008

41 by p13gu »»
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 9, 2008

73 by Dane-se »»
Feb 7, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 20, 2009

44 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 27 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - May 27, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 21, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.