Forum Settings
Forums

Ferguson shooting Creates Absolute Chaos In City

New
Aug 14, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

Trying to be optimistic and believe this was a rare occurance that does not reflect some new trend or huge problem.

In case you wonder why people are bringing racism into this, it's because the police officer had a Confederate flag at his house (Flag is from the Confederacy in the time of the Civil War, the Confederacy were the Southerners who believedi Slavery being OK )

What are your thoughts on the events transpiring?
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2014 8:19 PM

Sep 2007
Is there even a concrete picture of what actually happened? There's a shit ton of he-said she-said going on right now between both parties. And of course racism will be involved. It's another typical unarmed-black-teen-killing, now with more looting, tear gas, and kitted out SWAT teams rolling around thinking they're about to go to war with ISIS or something.
Aug 14, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
This whole thing is a big clusterfuck. We should act civilized. People are taking advantage of Mike Brown's death and had been looting stores.
Aug 14, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2008
Row, row, fight the powah!

BTW, where are the conservatives who usually preach against the government and how citizens are taking too much shit in this country because of the over reach of said government?

Oh right....these are black folks who are protesting the police, never mind...
Aug 14, 2014 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
Here another problem...

Aug 14, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
vansonbee said:
Here another problem...

embarrassing
Aug 14, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2014
umm^ Did I reaally just see those posts?

Twitter or Tumblr or whatever that wascintinues tosurprise me.
Aug 14, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2008
Let's get back on point people....

The real issue here is how the police in fucking America are turning into thugs that think they can get away with murder and any other crime for the sole reason of having a badge!

Aug 14, 2014 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
JustALEX said:
Let's get back on point people....

The real issue here is how the police in fucking America are turning into thugs that think they can get away with murder and any other crime for the sole reason of having a badge!

We can't exactly ban the police. . .at most we could make more regulations or something . . .

We'dnneed to know why they act thisway and then we can decidde what to do about it.
Aug 14, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2008
BTW....it's not just the community at Ferguson that has to bear the weight of these thugs with badges...

2 Reporters were arrested at a McDonalds covering the story....

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/ferguson-reporters-arrested.html

^Their crime? They didn't get out of McDonalds fast enough...

Fuck these motherfuckers!
Aug 14, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2008
But wait....THERE'S MORE!

An Al-Jazeera crew that was setting up to film in Ferguson was shot tear gas for no apparent reason other than to have them squirming out of there and NOT cover the protests that are going on in Ferguson, MO.

Welcome to the Police State America....
Aug 14, 2014 10:21 PM

Jan 2014
The police are here to stay (for very obvious reasons). What is needed is to reform the force, not vilify it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 14, 2014 11:18 PM
Mar 2013
As someone who has been keeping a close eye on the events that transpired in Ferguson, Missouri, I will try to explain what I know.

As of right now, the protest is peaceful. There are no troopers on sight and there are certainly no militarized vehicles. This is because they have been told to leave and a new officer is in charge. This new officer is Ferguson Police Commander Ron Johnson of the Missouri State Patrol. He even walks with the protesters.

This was a completely different case a few days ago.

Now, depending on where you're from, the picture painted that Michael Brown was a thug allegedly fighting with a police officer over candy, is false. Multiple eyewitness prove otherwise. Here is a video of a young man who was with Michael Brown at the event of the murder. The police refused to get his testimony or of anyone who saw the event.

Michael Brown is known by his friends and family to be gentle and quiet. He was gunned down and killed by a man who believed he was the judge, the jury and the executioner, simply based on the colour of Michael's skin.

Here's how things got violent. Peaceful protesters were told that they were not allowed to do the protesting at night and they obliged. When they were getting ready to protest in the day, they were met with militarized vehicles and armed men. The pentagon states, that each state is allowed to be supplied with military equipment once per year and Missouri decided that this was the time (ridiculous) to pull out the guns.

Peaceful protesters chant, "Don't Shoot, Don't Shoot" as Michael did when he faced his death. The police officers mock them, and tackle to the ground people who are doing no less then having their hands up in the air. They are telling people they are not allowed to film and many were arresting for doing nothing but protesting.

They used Tear Gas, of which they threw incorrectly, at the crowd. When you throw tear gas, you are supposed to throw it towards the ground. These officers were intending to throw them right at the protesters, baring no arms. This can potentially lead to fatal injury or even death. Next they used LRAD Sound Canons, which disabled the non-violent protesters and with long exposure, may lead to permanent deafness. Then they unleashed a furry of rubber bullets. Sure these things are proven to be less lethal, but they are lethal nonetheless. A pastor trying to stop the violence has been shot in the abdomen and developed a painful, swelling bruise with an indentation in the middle. Another has been shot in the cheek, a gaping hole now present.

For a time, media was also not allowed into Ferguson and equipment was taken illegally. At one point, police were hiding forms of identification, indicating they were intending on getting away with their actions. It is also mentioned that no one was in direct control of the militarized troops.

It is wrong. Terrible and wrong, racism has never left. What the police are doing is overkill. Here are some videos and some photos.

It is amazing, however, the type of solidarity could be found world wide, as Palestine send words of encouragement to those in Ferguson and tips on how to get over Tear Gas.

Here's a story of a reporter who was arrested.

Here are some overall statistics on the arrests of Black vs White people in Ferguson.

I apologize for any spelling errors, I haven't slept in awhile. If anyone has any questions, I may be able to answer them. Or if anyone has anything to add, please do.
Aug 15, 2014 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
Racism presented by the USA everybodies favorite Super Power
Aug 15, 2014 2:06 AM

Mar 2010
As far as I understand it, it's completely ridiculous what is happening in Fergueson right now, but in the big picture it just feels like a violent reiteration of the Treyvon Martin case, and the protests that followed it.

It's good to hear some information from people who are there first-person. I still feel there is too much bias on both sides for me to have a general opinion, but I am very suspicious of the Police Dept. for attempting to interfere with media coverage and their attitude towards the situation.

Either way, let the media circus/race-baiting ensue, and eventually everything will be much clearer and objective. And I have nothing but sorrow and condolences for the Brown family.
Aug 15, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah man,Rest n Peace Micheal Brown, Here's to stuff like thisnever happening again.

Palestine is giving us their support

You're true Bros Palestine, stay strong and proud.
Aug 15, 2014 6:33 AM

Sep 2013
The police are taking way too long to put together a story. Doesn't exactly look good on their part. Plus, they were arresting some people for stupid reasons.
Aug 15, 2014 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
Aug 15, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
The militirization of the police, coupled with the downgrading of the US Ground Forces should be of grave concern to US citizens, I wonder how long till the police start to get mortars, for your protection of course Citizen. As to the police response, well the US loves throwing freedoms and human rights around, I've only seen a handful of reactions that went as far as this, nearly all off them are currently war zones.
RedArmyShogunAug 15, 2014 9:53 AM
Aug 15, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:

BTW, where are the conservatives who usually preach against the government and how citizens are taking too much shit in this country because of the over reach of said government?

Oh right....these are black folks who are protesting the police, never mind...

God, but sometimes you can be a real tool:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/385391/name-and-name-not-kevin-d-williamson

Conservatives, in general, are just as upset about the militarization of the police as anyone else. They are, however, more likely to say: "Let's wait until all the facts come out before casting judgement"; especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin case, where early on it seemed like one thing, and then turned out to be something completely different.

From what I've read so far, this seems like an actual police brutality case that turned into murder. But I've only read unofficial reports. I do wish the investigation was more public, but as long as the government is run by power-hungry psychopaths, there will be little change in that direction.

Either way, rioting is unacceptable; as is the commando-style para-military policing that has been going on all over the country. They are both symptomatic of the same thing, however: government overreach.

Also, where was all this outrage when an unarmed black woman was gunned down by police in front of her 18-month old child for the crime of driving too close to His Majesty Obama's house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol_shooting_incident_%282013%29
Let's go bowling.
Aug 15, 2014 11:38 AM
Mar 2013
absolutely disgusting

this is why the US should ban guns, then shit like this wouldn't happen
Aug 15, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2007
JD2411 said:
absolutely disgusting

I don't think it would be possible to ban the police from having guns.
Aug 15, 2014 12:07 PM
Mar 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
JD2411 said:
absolutely disgusting

we have in UK and have also never had something as atrocious as this happen
Aug 15, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
JD2411 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

How about the Brazilian who as killed years ago because the UK policy thought he was a terrorist (and he wasn't)...
Aug 15, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2007
JD2411 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

I doubt that. There are racist cops in every country.
Aug 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
In light of the fact that there is a video of Mike Brown robbing a store right before the shooting, I think now is the appropriate time to say:

Let's wait until all the facts come out before we jump to any conclusions.
Let's go bowling.
Aug 15, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2007
StopDropAndBowl said:
In light of the fact that there is a video of Mike Brown robbing a store right before the shooting, I think now is the appropriate time to say:

I call bullshit.
Aug 15, 2014 12:30 PM
Mar 2013
Mizorefan said:
JD2411 said:

How about the Brazilian who as killed years ago because the UK policy thought he was a terrorist (and he wasn't)...
our police investigate it thoroughly and the killer was punished. in america they try to defend and protect scum
Aug 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

I call bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxXGvXQrno

Dude is 6'4" 292 lbs, it's kinda hard to miss him.

Now, this DOES NOT mean that the shooting was justified, but as I said earlier, this is exactly why we need to WAIT UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT!

JD2411 said:
our police investigate it thoroughly and the killer was punished. in america they try to defend and protect scum

Your police watch people drown in 3ft of water without even trying to save them because the lake is "too deep"...

(edit: double post)
StopDropAndBowlAug 15, 2014 12:39 PM
Let's go bowling.
Aug 15, 2014 5:32 PM
Mar 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

I call bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxXGvXQrno

Dude is 6'4" 292 lbs, it's kinda hard to miss him.

Now, this DOES NOT mean that the shooting was justified, but as I said earlier, this is exactly why we need to WAIT UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT!

JD2411 said:

Your police watch people drown in 3ft of water without even trying to save them because the lake is "too deep"...

(edit: double post)

This article may prove otherwise.
Aug 15, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
vansonbee said:
Here another problem...

Problem is if you riot in white neighborhoods, police are actually going to do something to stop you. It's an intelligent move on their end.
Aug 15, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

LOL

Northern Ireland and Scotland would like a word with you.
RedArmyShogunAug 15, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 15, 2014 8:26 PM

Sep 2013
"Troubled youths" using this shooting as a pretense to rob, loot and pillage the city. Or in other words: Blacks acting like blacks. Nothing new here.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Aug 15, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
I'm all for anything that gives police a hard time.

Fucking bullies with salary, benefits, and a spiffy uniform.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 15, 2014 8:53 PM

Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
"Troubled youths" using this shooting as a pretense to rob, loot and pillage the city. Or in other words: Blacks acting like blacks. Nothing new here.

Racist much?
Aug 15, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
StardustNyako said:
Shiratori99 said:

Racist much?
It would be racist if that statement was false...
Aug 15, 2014 9:01 PM

Sep 2013
StardustNyako said:
Shiratori99 said:

Racist much?

Don't worry, Shiratori99 is MAL's friendly neighborhood racist.

More food for thought/paranoia fuel:

Aug 15, 2014 10:16 PM

Sep 2013
The police already gets enough shit. Either they're labeled as too violent or they can't keep criminals under control. People always find fault with them.

I don't know about this case, but considering the massive crime problem the US has, especially in neighborhoods and towns like this, it's no wonder that some cops have gotten a nervous finger.

Aug 15, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:

What we KNOW is that many eyewitnesses say that Brown held his hands to the air as a sign of surronder and was MURDERED by police.

What he did previously to that is 100% insignificant.

He could've killed someone right before that....the cops can NOT execute someone on the spot like that....especially when they surrender.

Hell, even in WAR where you have killers on both sides actively trying to end your life....there are still rules that you are not supposed to kill someone if said person surrenders to you.

THAT is the issue....not whether or not the person they executed did something wrong.

Shiratori99 said:

Hurr durr....retards acting like retards.
Aug 15, 2014 10:42 PM

Jun 2014

We da hood. We bout to get them cracka cops and bust they head.
Aug 15, 2014 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:

What we KNOW is that many eyewitnesses say that Brown held his hands to the air as a sign of surronder and was MURDERED by police.

What he did previously to that is 100% insignificant.

He could've killed someone right before that....the cops can NOT execute someone on the spot like that....especially when they surrender.

Hell, even in WAR where you have killers on both sides actively trying to end your life....there are still rules that you are not supposed to kill someone if said person surrenders to you.

THAT is the issue....not whether or not the person they executed did something wrong.

I 100% agree. Even if he was the man in the video (and he definitely was), that does not mean he should have been "executed" if he was, in fact, executed.

What it does do is lend credence to the idea that he might have fought the cop and that the cop might have felt threatened. Obviously we still don't know, and it still looks pretty bad, but we still need to W-A-I-T U-N-T-I-L T-H-E F-A-C-T-S C-O-M-E O-U-T.
Let's go bowling.
Aug 16, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
Aug 16, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
The police already gets enough shit. Either they're labeled as too violent or they can't keep criminals under control. People always find fault with them.

I don't know about this case, but considering the massive crime problem the US has, especially in neighborhoods and towns like this, it's no wonder that some cops have gotten a nervous finger.

I find that last part a very good point, probably because I live in a similar neighborhood. The CVS across the street has had2 armed robberies within the last year (Since last August) aand my mom is super scared of letting me beout side at night (For other reasons I'm guessing, including a shooting that happened in our apartment complexsome months ago). These kinda people pobably freak guards out and they become as you saty, trigger nervous.
Aug 16, 2014 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Here's the supposed robbery footage:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=464_1408123040
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 16, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
absolutely disgusting

And send 30 fucking cops to handle one stupid faggot with a machete. I'd rather we have guns.

And it's funny as shit how some of the media are trying to justify looting and robbing as a form of protest. That's not protesting, that's a fucking riot.
Aug 16, 2014 5:07 PM
Mar 2013
Mizorefan said:
JD2411 said:

What!? You clearly don't know anything about this case.

It was proved that UK Police did a mistake. Jean Charles isn't a killer! He killed anybody! He was killed! Sadly the policemen involved were only fined. Also was clear the lack of a effective investigation because of the biased UK justice.
wtf are you talking about? I said the police investigated it which you agreed with. I said he was punished and you agreed with me (saying he was fined)

and that sounds like bs since you haven't even provided a source
Aug 16, 2014 6:52 PM

Jan 2014
Udgey said:
of the media are trying to justify looting and robbing as a form of protest. That's not protesting, that's a fucking riot.

Agreed. Just leads to a cycle of crime.
If the situation pans out as explained, then the cop should face punishment, but the citizens definitely have to deal with the youth crime problem, instead of blaming the cops.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Apr 2012
JD2411 said:
absolutely disgusting

Of course, because something similar hasn't happened anywhere else in the world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots
Aug 19, 2014 6:11 PM

Sep 2013
Another potential son of Obama got shot in St. Louis: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/st-louis-cops-shoot-kill-man-near-ferguson-crowd-gathers-n184216

I see it coming, nationwide race riots with unheard of vandalism, looting and violence.

Aug 19, 2014 6:18 PM

Mar 2013
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.