MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hey guys let's talk about Scryed.
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Scryed »» Hey guys let's talk about Scryed.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
10-19-09, 8:33 PM

this isn't an option, it's mandatory.

Scryed is the greatest series ever made, a masterful work of art made exponentially better by a stellar dub and a Pulitzer-worthy script.

ITT let us discuss this magnificent feat of animation.
Modified by Nyron, 10-19-09, 9:36 PM

10-19-09, 8:58 PM

I like it better now that it's Needless.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Every time you recommend Sword Art Online, a baby seal gets clubbed.

10-19-09, 9:08 PM

Touche.

10-19-09, 9:23 PM

Boy I haven't seen that show in years!
Almost makes me wanna re-watch it.

10-19-09, 9:43 PM

"Impossible! My balls aren't there!"

Sorry, just had to quote that. ;-P

Shouldn't this be moved to the series discussion boards, though?

10-19-09, 9:59 PM

Hell naw, the Scryed board has like three posts to it. This is a thread and show that should be exposed to everyone. edit: btw you should read Planetes and then watch it. the manga is AAA+++

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSs_T23qqW4#t=2m

GOOD! THAT'S JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!
Modified by Nyron, 10-19-09, 10:03 PM

10-19-09, 10:04 PM

Scryed is one of the best shows of the past 20 years. If you don't like Scryed, you are a communist.

A COMMUNIST.

edit: Heh. Moved already.

10-19-09, 10:05 PM

frogurt said:
Shouldn't this be moved to the series discussion boards, though?

Indeed. And thus it is so.

I actually have it in my backlog, but know nothing about it... will just get around to it eventually.

10-19-09, 10:09 PM

I think I actually watched Episode 5 (or the one after that one--I really can't remember) with my grandmother of all people.

I really should finish this series someday...

10-20-09, 10:01 AM

oh god damn it. my topic's been slaughtered and cursed to live in a world of no posts for all eternity

10-25-09, 1:57 PM

lol norse

11-09-09, 4:23 PM

just finished scryed and one yhing i have to say is that ......................................................THIS IS A MASTERPIECE THE ENDING WAS SO FREAKIN COOL.......... and every single character was col and had thier own charisma i was realy moved by Cougar his last moment was so moving :D^^
and i love the relathion between kazuma and ryuhou its so simple and at the same time so complex xD 10* out of 10* hope u people keep descussing it xD

11-11-09, 7:54 PM

Dark_Reaper said:
just finished scryed and one yhing i have to say is that ......................................................THIS IS A MASTERPIECE THE ENDING WAS SO FREAKIN COOL.......... and every single character was col and had thier own charisma i was realy moved by Cougar his last moment was so moving :D^^
and i love the relathion between kazuma and ryuhou its so simple and at the same time so complex xD 10* out of 10* hope u people keep descussing it xD

Hell yeah, this guy knows what's up

11-13-09, 5:43 AM

lool thx thi is such a good anime i wonder why isnt everyone talking and making good posts about it loooool who is ur fav character kazuma or ryohou? mine is kkazuma love his attitude its kinda like mine xD

02-11-10, 8:12 PM

I personally don't understand why everyone thinks this was so cool. I found the ending to be horrible, I was expecting something conclusive concerning the mainland and what I found was a completely pointless battle between two people that could have been using their powers for much more useful things. Overall the series was mildly entertaining but you would truly have to be a simpleton to think this is a super awesome series as the only things it has going for it is semi-cool characters that are really strong. I prefer more depth and intelligence to my characters rather than a philosophy of "well I don't know how to do anything else so I'll just fight everything I see and I'm sure it'll work out alright."

02-11-10, 8:53 PM

Rampagingcow said:
I personally don't understand why everyone thinks this was so cool. I found the ending to be horrible, I was expecting something conclusive concerning the mainland and what I found was a completely pointless battle between two people that could have been using their powers for much more useful things. Overall the series was mildly entertaining but you would truly have to be a simpleton to think this is a super awesome series as the only things it has going for it is semi-cool characters that are really strong. I prefer more depth and intelligence to my characters rather than a philosophy of "well I don't know how to do anything else so I'll just fight everything I see and I'm sure it'll work out alright."

i don't think you can handle more "depth and intelligence" ify ou couldn't even grasp Scryed tbh

The entire series was about Kazuma and Ryuho, their characters and their polarity. There was nothing left open about the mainland conflict either. The Lost Ground gained independence and Kazuma/Ryuho kick their asses to this day, the end. Seriously, there's nothing to interpret there.

then again you have Code Geass as a 10, and every character in that show had the intelligence and consistency of Zapp Brannigan or was some sort of shallow gimmick persona. PROTIP: just because you have "morally ambiguous" characters in a series doesn't make it intelligent or deep.

i mean dear god you have Trinty Blood as a 10 too. that show being a worthless pile of shit isn't even up for debate. what is wrong with you

02-20-10, 3:51 PM

Nyron said:
Rampagingcow said:

i don't think you can handle more "depth and intelligence" ify ou couldn't even grasp Scryed tbh

The entire series was about Kazuma and Ryuho, their characters and their polarity. There was nothing left open about the mainland conflict either. The Lost Ground gained independence and Kazuma/Ryuho kick their asses to this day, the end. Seriously, there's nothing to interpret there.

then again you have Code Geass as a 10, and every character in that show had the intelligence and consistency of Zapp Brannigan or was some sort of shallow gimmick persona. PROTIP: just because you have "morally ambiguous" characters in a series doesn't make it intelligent or deep.

i mean dear god you have Trinty Blood as a 10 too. that show being a worthless pile of shit isn't even up for debate. what is wrong with you

Everything about your post epitomizes stupidity. I won't even bother arguing with such a fool.

02-21-10, 6:13 PM

Rampagingcow said:
Nyron said:
Rampagingcow said:

Everything about your post epitomizes stupidity. I won't even bother arguing with such a fool.

No, Ram, you are the stupids.

It's hilarious that you couldn't wrap your head around a simple story like Scryed and then praise terribly written garbage like Code Geass. Most of that story probably flew over your head, and so you think it's "deep". And then there's Trinity Blood with barely any semblance of a story to begin with(not to mention what little it had was petty plagiarism), and no ending to boot.

You suck.

03-31-10, 7:43 AM

aquamarineAngel said:
Boy I haven't seen that show in years!
Almost makes me wanna re-watch it.
DO IT GOD DAMMIT
frogurt said:
"Impossible! My balls aren't there!"

Sorry, just had to quote that. ;-P
Not as good as.

"Oh no, my balls turned into...."

04-09-10, 8:14 PM

s-CRY-ed is one of the worst anime ever made. Okay, not the worst, but now I'll consider it that since you're a fan of it. You have to be one of the most obnoxious, arrogant people on this site. But you are a dub lover, so that's only to be expected. I want to drop the show now, though I won't since I have more respect for it and anime than for people like you. I did start Heroman just so I could drop it and give it a one though, just a little token of my esteem for you and Stan Lee. You can reply but I won't come back here so it doesn't matter.

"omgrds u liek GORO TANIGUCHI'S Geass. ur Sooo stupid u can't git the stublities of the coMPLexities of the awsumness of scryed and steve bloom and omg crisper freerman111 lolololololoooo"
Modified by ayashe, 04-09-10, 8:21 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices