Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2015 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
Risa_no_hime said:
What so good about allways the same plots in these new anime today? Tell me because I find them annoying and not as good as old anime.

I only really liked Clannad from the new animes. Sailor Moon Crystal is way better than Precure. Precure is just a way to make money using the same things as Sailor Moon so for me it's only like some copie of it.

I liked Precure much better than Crystal, but I agree that new anime series are not as good as old series in general.
Jan 27, 2015 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
Risa_no_hime said:
Sailor Moon Crystal is way better than Precure. Precure is just a way to make money using the same things as Sailor Moon so for me it's only like some copie of it.

precure may have been inspired by sailor moon [citation needed], but it's generally better
(excluding a few series like doki doki):
the character development is well done (ex. smile, heart catch), and unlike in SMC, you actually feel sympathy for the characters. when i finished ep 13 and 14, which are supposed to be emotional episodes, i did not feel a thing. i didn't even feel pity (or anything really) for the fallen sailors
nor did i even feel a thing when they were reunited. it's hard to feel sympathy for generic cardboard characters. to be fair, precure series have a lot of time to build on character development, but i still think they could have done a better job with sailor moon crystal.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 28, 2015 7:28 AM

Apr 2008
Not at all.

I consider myself a huge anime fan, and if anyone asked, I'd always say Sailor Moon was my favorite anime of all time. Despite that, I can recognize it's faults.

The plot is interesting overall, but the telling is weak. Despite Crystal being the manga version without all the irritating monster-of-the-day mess, it's still very repetitive. Each arc is going to essentially be the same thing; many bad guys, fight baby bad guys, fight upper bad guy(s), kinda lose, win. The character development for anyone but Usagi is practically null. The soundtrack is solid, but we've all seen the animation that's lacking.

I have no idea how much it costs to produce an anime, but with all of the Sailor Moon merch that's coming out and destroying my wallets, I wonder why they can't afford to do better. I know they don't get nearly as much advertising money due to the series not being on actual television, but I can't help but be disappointed in the series as a whole. The telling in manga form was lovely. This is... probably a great representation of it, but it just doesn't have the same feeling.

I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal because I love Sailor Moon. I'm watching because the original series didn't care about Mamoru or truly showing how much he and Usagi love each other. I'm not watching because this is the best anime ever.

I'm not excited for this second arc. Chibiusa is the worst my least favorite character. x_x

Jan 29, 2015 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
Risa_no_hime said:
What so good about allways the same plots in these new anime today? Tell me because I find them annoying and not as good as old anime.

I only really liked Clannad from the new animes. Sailor Moon Crystal is way better than Precure. Precure is just a way to make money using the same things as Sailor Moon so for me it's only like some copie of it.

Magical girls were a thing pre sailor moon.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 13, 2015 4:59 AM
Jan 2013
The best is Sailor Moon Crystal for me, with the nostalgia factor and without the nostalgia factor, because I've read the manga but I don't remember the details. So for me it's like new. Actually I started watching Precure but it doesn't appeal me as much as Sailor Moon does. I have to admit that my first thoughts were 'Precure is a rip-off of Sailor Moon'. But watching the first episodes of Futari wa Precure made me realize that it has the same formula but not the same feelings I had with Sailor Moon. Precure is not bad, it's a good series to watch every now and then.
Feb 15, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
No, there's a lot more better animes. Also, I think it's kinda boring, I watched the "old" Sailor moon, and I used to like it, now while watching this I can't help but think why I still trying?!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.