Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2014 1:51 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Act 1 is finish. I can't wait what Katsura reserve for us
Mar 12, 2016 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
I'm a bit confused, where is Jin at the end?
Forever Berserk
Jun 24, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
20 volumes and it's only Act 1; quite the letdown of an ending too. Such a shame because the early part of the story was pretty good and I did like this mangaka's art style.
Jul 28, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
He took 12 years for the Act 1, how long does the guy think he's going to live. Does he think he's one of those EVOL creatures? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2017 10:37 AM
Mar 2017
I don't get something, what's Jin's purpose for doing that? Does he intend to eliminate all EVOLs? Or is there another purpose?
I "read" the raw, but can't figure out what's happening due to not knowing japanese jeje xD
Jun 4, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
This chapter felt pretty meh tbh even with the timeskip. I don't see much change to Kouga's character yet in this timeline.

Shame because it took this long...
Jun 6, 2017 2:17 AM
Oct 2014
It wasn't the ending I wanted but it wasn't all that bad.
Kouga in the end was still manipulated, like he always was from the beginning of the series.

But the big question is, what is it that he is manipulated by?

Tanaka's death was not mentioned at all, which I feel is very undeserving.
But it completes the whole character's persona as the undeserving heroine.

I guess this is how the author wanted her to be presented. The seed of suspicion of her being a player was sown during the three cockroach brothers ark, when a group of sweepers preventing jin from going near her when he still had the awakening ring on his left hand. She wasn't a G3, but she wasn't a G2 either. According to 7th grade biology, she should be considered a G3, but the birth of players doesn't fit the criteria, so logically she can't be called a G3. Yet, at the same time, she can't be called a G2 either, as her "parents" were a couple of G2 (or pretending to be a couple, at least).

But there are so many unanswered questions, how was she birthed?
Is she considered a defective, since she aged that much after 2-3 years?
How is she able to cope with being a 17(?) year-old after only living 'life' for 2-3 years? (can memory manipulation do as much as write an entire 17 years of life experience?)
Jin not being able to detect her as a player proves that she's very very "young" and "weak"?
Being as sharp as Jin is, was he in so much shock that he could not put the ring back on her finger, since that pretty much solves everything?
Are all these questions going in the dumpster now that she's completely gone unmentioned?

I'm frustrated because I feel like so much details were put into everything else, I sympathize with the undeserving heroine. I'd say she deserves more.

Haitani, on the other hand, was a brilliant character, he is almost a representation of the author himself-a cruel, heartless bastard for everyone, except he cares for Jin in the most twisted ways.
Remember the Jin killing his own auntie fiasco? The exact same thing happened when Haitani dealt with Tanaka. Also, Haitani is the depth of the series, a representation of the author's ideology. He's neither an ally nor an enemy to the protagonist. He's neither good nor evil. He just doesn't care for anything that he is "superior" to. He kills humans, he kills G2, the only ones he ever truly conversed with was his other G3 "half" and his "self-considered-superior" "charisma" Jin. He would do anything to attain his goal of "perfecting" the apex predator of his own kind. Because that would be the only thing he allow to be superior to himself. And once he has completed that, he realized that he preferred the "flawed" more after all. Haitani is the true representation of pride, greed, chaos, curiosity, and uncertainty. He could be the closest to humanity without even realizing it.

Zetman was a comic character, it was Jin's design and symbol. Naturally Jin should be good, he's the hero and Haitani should be an evil vilain. But that is so far from what the author shows us. Jin doesn't care about justice, he only wants to do as his "grandpa/dad" Kanzaki raised him to do, be a human.

And the ending is the true depiction of that, the artificial "creatures" yearn to become human when they're supposed to be the "superior". And Jin isn't the strongest "creature", nor he is the most "superior", he is the most human, the exact opposite.

The end showed Jin as a loner once again. No attention to Konoha, no mention of Oba-san or Tanaka, the Amagi granddad is assumed to be the "new" mad scientist reuniting with his "wife".
At least, the author could have shown a scene of Jin talking to either of those "important-to-him" afterwards. All we got was Jin meeting that old police guy and some "I can't hear you" with Oba-san. Even though he was introduced as just another old ass cop, towards the end he went ham like he was some ex marines/special force/james bond/and shits.

In the end, "Zetman" became a villain while Kouga was the ally of "justice".
I feel like Jin deserved more, at least he had Tanaka by his side before, he was on his way towards building a "family". Now he only has himself.

I guess next to the undeserving heroine, is undoubtedly, an undeserving hero eh?
Or should I say, a villain?
Mar 4, 2018 3:38 PM

Mar 2018
iToaeAonBlvl said:
It wasn't the ending I wanted but it wasn't all that bad.
Kouga in the end was still manipulated, like he always was from the beginning of the series.

But the big question is, what is it that he is manipulated by?

Tanaka's death was not mentioned at all, which I feel is very undeserving.
But it completes the whole character's persona as the undeserving heroine.

I guess this is how the author wanted her to be presented. The seed of suspicion of her being a player was sown during the three cockroach brothers ark, when a group of sweepers preventing jin from going near her when he still had the awakening ring on his left hand. She wasn't a G3, but she wasn't a G2 either. According to 7th grade biology, she should be considered a G3, but the birth of players doesn't fit the criteria, so logically she can't be called a G3. Yet, at the same time, she can't be called a G2 either, as her "parents" were a couple of G2 (or pretending to be a couple, at least).

But there are so many unanswered questions, how was she birthed?
Is she considered a defective, since she aged that much after 2-3 years?
How is she able to cope with being a 17(?) year-old after only living 'life' for 2-3 years? (can memory manipulation do as much as write an entire 17 years of life experience?)
Jin not being able to detect her as a player proves that she's very very "young" and "weak"?
Being as sharp as Jin is, was he in so much shock that he could not put the ring back on her finger, since that pretty much solves everything?
Are all these questions going in the dumpster now that she's completely gone unmentioned?

I'm frustrated because I feel like so much details were put into everything else, I sympathize with the undeserving heroine. I'd say she deserves more.

Haitani, on the other hand, was a brilliant character, he is almost a representation of the author himself-a cruel, heartless bastard for everyone, except he cares for Jin in the most twisted ways.
Remember the Jin killing his own auntie fiasco? The exact same thing happened when Haitani dealt with Tanaka. Also, Haitani is the depth of the series, a representation of the author's ideology. He's neither an ally nor an enemy to the protagonist. He's neither good nor evil. He just doesn't care for anything that he is "superior" to. He kills humans, he kills G2, the only ones he ever truly conversed with was his other G3 "half" and his "self-considered-superior" "charisma" Jin. He would do anything to attain his goal of "perfecting" the apex predator of his own kind. Because that would be the only thing he allow to be superior to himself. And once he has completed that, he realized that he preferred the "flawed" more after all. Haitani is the true representation of pride, greed, chaos, curiosity, and uncertainty. He could be the closest to humanity without even realizing it.

Zetman was a comic character, it was Jin's design and symbol. Naturally Jin should be good, he's the hero and Haitani should be an evil vilain. But that is so far from what the author shows us. Jin doesn't care about justice, he only wants to do as his "grandpa/dad" Kanzaki raised him to do, be a human.

And the ending is the true depiction of that, the artificial "creatures" yearn to become human when they're supposed to be the "superior". And Jin isn't the strongest "creature", nor he is the most "superior", he is the most human, the exact opposite.

The end showed Jin as a loner once again. No attention to Konoha, no mention of Oba-san or Tanaka, the Amagi granddad is assumed to be the "new" mad scientist reuniting with his "wife".
At least, the author could have shown a scene of Jin talking to either of those "important-to-him" afterwards. All we got was Jin meeting that old police guy and some "I can't hear you" with Oba-san. Even though he was introduced as just another old ass cop, towards the end he went ham like he was some ex marines/special force/james bond/and shits.

In the end, "Zetman" became a villain while Kouga was the ally of "justice".
I feel like Jin deserved more, at least he had Tanaka by his side before, he was on his way towards building a "family". Now he only has himself.

I guess next to the undeserving heroine, is undoubtedly, an undeserving hero eh?
Or should I say, a villain?

Nice comment, old but nice. There are a lot of unanswered questions. There's a strong sensation that everything that happened was just a memory to him with no sense of a clear future and accomplishment. And there's this bug in my head questioning me on what happend to Kouga's girlfriend. I don't understand why the author likes this kind of endings where his MCs have to sacrifice everything.
He wanted a strong Zetman in a corrupted world where justice it's just a word... Haaaa. I wanted a better ending.
Jan 14, 2019 10:05 AM
Dec 2015
What makes him what to hunt down evol? at the end he kills a dude who just wants a normal life but happens to do an evol.
Mar 3, 2019 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
Rei366 said:
Flying over reactions here, it seems that the manga has an actual conclusion. But last year when I was about to buy the second half of the series, I noticed the last page of the comic states that it's only the end of the "Act.1", sounding like a mere introduction to a bigger thing.
So, is there an actual conclusion (showing a "stable" situation) or not?

Katsura has projects going on, but I do not think that's the end for Zetman. This is the project he put the most effort. Katsura likes to take her time, but I hope that someday we will have something new for act 2.

And how, could it be over when there is a whole new element and nothing is settled between Evol, Jin and Haitani is alway alive.
Oct 2, 2019 12:41 PM
Dec 2018
I just finished the manga and that ending is indeed a real tease. Ark 2 when? ;^(
Mar 30, 2022 1:05 AM
May 2020
The end showed that good sometimes might needbto be a necessary evil

More topics from this board

» Arc List

Enjoyer11 - Apr 5, 2023

1 by MightyArsh »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:20 AM

» When Does it Get Better?

neonstripedzebra - May 17, 2021

14 by CrystalMountain »»
Aug 8, 2023 2:50 AM

Poll: » Zetman Chapter 225 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Mar 30, 2022

0 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 12:57 AM

Poll: » Zetman Chapter 224 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Mar 30, 2022

0 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 12:49 AM

Poll: » Zetman Chapter 223 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

1 by Komlan_6 »»
Mar 30, 2022 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.