Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2014 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
nauticalblue said:

EDIT: What's with all the talk on this thread about kissing him? Wasn't that kissing panel just a flashback to when she forced a kiss on him in the past? I'm pretty sure she said that she wasn't going to do that again here. Granted, that page did look kind of confusing at first, but I'm pretty sure she didn't actually kiss him again in this chapter.

They are just mad at the fact that Narumi kissed Kou in the past. They know she didn't do it again.

kawaii-despair said:
Narubitch is gone,let's celebrate.
I still don't blame any of them but Futaba. She's an idiot. Poor 2 guys. What the hell do they see in her anyway?

I don't know what Touma sees in her, but Futaba helped Kou out a lot. He was once depressed, but now he has faced many challenges with her help. He likes her for that.
Aug 21, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
paperplane11 said:
Why does everyone hate touma? I actually feel sorry for him since he is trying so hard but still has the feeling that futaba likes kou

If Toma was in any other series I'm pretty sure I'd like him a lot, but in this one it just feels so obvious that he only exists to be the second lead and the foil to the main guy who Futaba's going to end up with - Kou. Toma is sweet in that he really obviously cares for Futaba and is trying really hard to win her heart, but even after all this time, in my mind I still can't have even the slightest worry that Futaba isn't going to be with Kou in the end. It's only a matter of time and a question of how Kou is going to win back Futaba.

Anyway, I liked this chapter, it was nice to see some development on Narumi's side. I didn't think there was any special reason she liked Kou, but the thing about her forcefully kissing Kou was done well and explains a lot of stuff.
Aug 22, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
UGH man I used to love Futaba, what happened?

& Touma's obsessive love is so cheap. I can't even remember how or why he fell in love with Futaba.

You can do it, Kou!
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 22, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
[quote=dekopinn]UGH man I used to love Futaba, what happened?

& Touma's obsessive love is so cheap. I can't even remember how or why he fell in love with Futaba.

You can do it, Kou![/quote

Thats because the author never really bothered to show why, he just bumped into her that one time then he just decided that he would make her his gf. Its part of the reason people don't like him and a big flag that the relationship won't last.
Aug 24, 2014 2:05 PM

Oct 2013
Gahhh, I can't wait for the next chapter! xD
Aug 24, 2014 10:55 PM
Mar 2014
wtfitsmegaman said:
tiofrodo said:
i would actually like if Kou told Futaba something about the "fake" relationship with Touma in this conversation, but i guess i shouldn't get my hopes up this soon, i still don't see a reason on why would Futaba go back right now, she did so much shit already and there is no one to point it out, i guess the one that might be able to save this would be Murao...

Murao knew about Kou and Futubas situation the whole time and hasn't done anything to clear up the missunderstandings between them so I doubt that she will be the one to save the day :P.

i disagree, if Futaba is happy with the current situation i don't see a reason why she should, but i think that she probally will discover that Futaba still likes Kou, and then i think she would talk some sense in Futaba because i am pretty sure she disliked Futaba before she become more honest with herself, and this is clearly the same instance as before, but now is just different people suferring and diferrent reasons.

A lot of Ifs but i think this would be the best way to make a Kou x Futaba ending
And it would give a good role for the friendship that became overshadowed because of useless development between Touma and Futaba.
Sep 1, 2014 1:27 PM
Mar 2011
[quote=Aerensianic]
dekopinn said:
UGH man I used to love Futaba, what happened?

You can do it, Kou![/quote

Thats because the author never really bothered to show why, he just bumped into her that one time then he just decided that he would make her his gf. Its part of the reason people don't like him and a big flag that the relationship won't last.

Because of how they meet, he started watching her. First with disgust, but as he follows her he noticed she is different then he thought.

(Today I reread the whole manga again.)

I am no Touma fan. and while I don't agree with how he does things, I do understand his character.

He is a teenager, just like Futaba made her mistake by agreeing to date Touma.
It reminded me back at strobe edge and how some people really wanted Ninako to date Andou, if she did it would be just like this.
Some may say Andou was a better person then Touma, but the point is Ninako loved Ren, as Futaba loves Kou.

And Kou also is a teenager with his mistakes. He did what he thought was right, but he was wrong. Two girls are hurt in the process because of that, and Kou knows it.

I don't want Kou to get it easy, Futaba shouldn't go easy on him, and Kou should be honest, and fight for her.
I do hope Touma gets the chance to get out of it in a caring way, like Mayuka did with Ren in Strobe Edge.
But in the end Futaba has to realize it on her own that the relation she is in with Touma doesn't work.

And Murao I don't blame her anything, Kou is the one who had to be clear in this, no one else can take that blame.

Kou now has to solve this on his own, and I like that.
I also don't hate Kou, I actually love him and understand him, but I do hope he needs to work a bit before he gets the girl.

I so want to see how Io Sakisaka will write this out, I want chapter 44.
Sep 1, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah, but in Strobe Edge the guy she liked had a legit girlfriend so she was like the other woman pushing him to break up with her, so I don't really think the two manga are very much alike even though they are by the same mangaka.
Sep 7, 2014 11:00 PM
Sep 2014
That's right Kou! Toss narumi and get dat fatuba! GOGOGO U GOT THIS!
Sep 8, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2008
I got hooked with this manga after watching the anime (5 episodes) gahhhh and I thought the manga is finished and POOFFF!!! I am so stupid I just rushed reading after Ive watched and then now.... its not finished yet!! haha BAKA!

hhmmm when is next chapter will be published????

btw!! KOU KUN! FTW!!!
Sep 8, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 2014
xxXKittyXxx said:
Am I the only one who's really annoyed with Yoshioka. She got all heartbroken after Kou rejected her, which I understand, but she didn't even take out the time to maybe ask him why (she just assumed he liked Narumi over her, instead of trying to put herself in Kou's shoes). She didn't even stop to think how Kou is in a hard position. Plus, Kou never said he didn't love her, he just said "Sorry." To jump to Touma after that just because he's a nice guy that can "save her" is kinda shallow of Yoshioka. Of course I'm not just bashing Yoshioka, because Kou should have voiced his issues...but Yoshioka should have tried a little more too. And Touma's "love" for Yoshioka is shallow, he just liked her because she's kindhearted and pretty. He's also an ass to go after her right after she was rejected (with that being said, Yoshioka shouldn't have accepted his confession so quick). The last thing that pisses me off is that Yoshioka and Kou became friends before the whole confession thing, so to say "we're not that close anymore" about Kou in Chapter 43, says to me that there relationship was only built on romance and no friendship. In Strobd Edge, although Ninako was rejected at first by Ren, she still valued her friendship with Ren and continued being true whole-hearted friends. I love Yoshioka but damn she can be annoying a little.

PS: ima get bashed for this, but oh well this my opinion lol ^_^

I totally agree with you! I am so pissed off at how Futaba accepted Touma, even though she loves Kou. It's shallow and egoistic. Kou would never be able to do the same thing if she rejected him. So I think, in a way, he is more serious than her (I won't say "mature" cause no, he definitely is not mature *giggle*).

As for the "we are not that close anymore", I think she means something like "we are not close in THAT way anymore", since a date is something lovers do, and they - supposedly - are having an affair anymore. I am sure she still, despite everything, considers him as a friend, and she proved it by going with him to his old house in Nagasaki, and not feeling guilty about it. So yeah, the sentence here is only about their romance, I think.
Sep 8, 2014 4:26 AM
Sep 2014
thelovelysnail said:

even after all this time, in my mind I still can't have even the slightest worry that Futaba isn't going to be with Kou in the end. It's only a matter of time and a question of how Kou is going to win back Futaba.

Thanks for writing this, I have been quite worried at how things have been turning out in these latest chapters, and I was beginning to fear Fu would end up with Touma. Since she was thinking so much about their first kiss, even when she did not even recall Kou's kisses once (she only got jelous of Narumi and pissed off, she never though of those moments afterwards! so annoying!).

Having someone say that Kou and Futaba will be together with such certainty makes me feel less scared! LOL
Sep 8, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
Imagine if the manga ended like this.
Futuba ends up with Touma
Shuuko ends up with the sensei
Aya and Kou end up all alone

If the million to one chance this happens, I'm going to turn into a ghoul and eat the author up.
Sep 9, 2014 6:27 PM
Sep 2014
natsucule said:

If the million to one chance this happens, I'm going to turn into a ghoul and eat the author up.

I would LOL so hard :D
Sep 10, 2014 12:00 PM
Mar 2014
natsucule said:

the way i see Futaba it's totally possible, the way her character developed i think that she does not care about love as much as being in a relationship.
I just hope that before the final veredict the sensei introduces a girl that is better than Futaba if it what you said happens, or at least make Kou break all ties with her.
Sep 10, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
When will chapter 44 come out?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2014
rothrock said:
xxXKittyXxx said:
Am I the only one who's really annoyed with Yoshioka. She got all heartbroken after Kou rejected her, which I understand, but she didn't even take out the time to maybe ask him why (she just assumed he liked Narumi over her, instead of trying to put herself in Kou's shoes). She didn't even stop to think how Kou is in a hard position. Plus, Kou never said he didn't love her, he just said "Sorry." To jump to Touma after that just because he's a nice guy that can "save her" is kinda shallow of Yoshioka. Of course I'm not just bashing Yoshioka, because Kou should have voiced his issues...but Yoshioka should have tried a little more too. And Touma's "love" for Yoshioka is shallow, he just liked her because she's kindhearted and pretty. He's also an ass to go after her right after she was rejected (with that being said, Yoshioka shouldn't have accepted his confession so quick). The last thing that pisses me off is that Yoshioka and Kou became friends before the whole confession thing, so to say "we're not that close anymore" about Kou in Chapter 43, says to me that there relationship was only built on romance and no friendship. In Strobe Edge, although Ninako was rejected at first by Ren, she still valued her friendship with Ren and continued being true whole-hearted friends. I love Yoshioka but damn she can be annoying a little.

PS: ima get bashed for this, but oh well this my opinion lol ^_^

same here
Sep 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
I started to read the manga yesterday because the anime was too much frustrating.
Now its getting worse.
Sep 18, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2009
I spent too much time on reading the whole manga (after 15th chapter, because we have 4 volumes in Poland right now) since yesterday. I didn't learn for my english test, all I was doing in school was thinking what will happen. I've just finished this chapter and I can't believe how complicated it is now! I knew it was a manga so I expected someone who would come between Kou and Futaba. I'm fed up with them going around and making all worst. I can't believe Futaba lost her feelings for Kou so fast, it's impossible. And her explanation:"Touma seems nice, I will like him because he can help me move on". And why, why she didn't even ask Kou about everything?! She was just like "oh okay, I'm rejected, there's nothing to explain, I will be sad but I'll accept it". Why are girls in manga always so stupid? And I want to know what their discussion will be like. But I feel, that something bad will happen.
NekiertaSep 18, 2014 12:25 PM
Sep 21, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
Chiyo361 said:
Futaba is definitely going to reject him.
Feb 7, 2015 5:53 AM

Jan 2013
Kou doing an all frontal attack.
Nice going.
Mar 7, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2012
Ah that sucks, Narumi is finally interesting but she's written completely out the picture.
May 8, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
shit
Dec 30, 2015 8:36 PM

Jan 2015
Kou's going for the attack :D
Mar 28, 2016 8:58 PM
Mar 2016
LittleStar said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm the only one who is happy that Kou first kiss wasn't with Futaba?
At the beginning I wanted Kou and Futaba shared together their all first...
First love, first date, first kiss, first relationship...
But since Futaba decided to be with Touma,
because Kou "doesn't like her".
Now I happy that she don't get all Kou's first things... :)
At last there is one thing that she don't own :)

In future they can be like:
Futaba: Your first kiss was with Narumi?!
Kou: You dated Touma before dating me!
Futaba: Call it even?
Kou: Ok!

But if you look at it from other side...
First love, first serious kiss and first serious relationship they gonna have together :)
wait so kou's first kiss really isn't with futaba?? i thought it was.. so who's his first kiss with? Narumi? sorry i got a lot of questions in my head right now as im confused. Chapter 22, so kou and narumi wasnt lying that they kissed each other? pls answer me and thank you :)
Mar 29, 2016 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
YukiFang said:
wait so kou's first kiss really isn't with futaba?? i thought it was.. so who's his first kiss with? Narumi? sorry i got a lot of questions in my head right now as im confused. Chapter 22, so kou and narumi wasnt lying that they kissed each other? pls answer me and thank you :)

Yes, Narumi stolen Kou's first kiss...
There is flashback in this chapter with Narumi kissing young!Kou :)
Mar 29, 2016 3:40 AM
Mar 2016
LittleStar said:
YukiFang said:

Yes, Narumi stolen Kou's first kiss...
There is flashback in this chapter with Narumi kissing young!Kou :)
I read some of the comments people made, the kiss was forced?
Jul 8, 2016 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
Oh, so Narumi really did kiss him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.