Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2013
I mean the viewer count is significantly high and very popular.
Why does it take so many breaks and so little episodes every month?

I'm pretty sure there are a lot to adapt since the new manga is still currently running as well.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 14, 2014 7:18 PM
Jun 2011
From my understandings, the studio that animates Shin Chan is also responsible of animating Doraemon anime, both are broadcasts at the same day. Also to note that both of these anime has a film once every year.

I don't know, that's probably my theory.
Aug 15, 2014 1:01 AM

Dec 2013
CapnDavid said:
From my understandings, the studio that animates Shin Chan is also responsible of animating Doraemon anime, both are broadcasts at the same day. Also to note that both of these anime has a film once every year.

Ahh i see i was thinking that too but when i asked Japanese Yahoo Answers (Yahoo chiebukuro) they said that apparently its because the PTA ( Parent Teacher Association) in Japan has been raising voices of reducing the profanity and vulgarity. So basically for anyone watching the episodes recently the amount of bad behavior of Shin has dramatically decreased if you noticed.
Because of this, apparently the studio has to go through several checks and acception every month... Which delays the process of airing. Honestly, PTA has been the biggest rival for the Shin Chan community since forever but after the death of the author, the PTA has been raising voices louder than ever too.

Also the people were explaining that for anyone who noticed Ai, Okei-Obasan, Yoshi/Mitchi, and Hiroshi (dad) has reduced roles because their Seiyuu(Voice Actor) has been steadily increasing in popularity and the wages for them has increased.
Especially Ai because of her main role in Fate/Zero & Fate/Stay Night roles. For Okei-obasan it is because of her main role in Detective Conan as Conan. Which is sad since these characters are really interesting to watch.

TL;DR Shin-chan anime has been declining in quality recently and people are speculating the shin-chan anime will not be good as 2004-2009 era ever again.
HyuseAug 15, 2014 1:05 AM

-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 15, 2014 11:40 PM

May 2010
K-Shinkurou said:
CapnDavid said:

Ahh i see i was thinking that too but when i asked Japanese Yahoo Answers (Yahoo chiebukuro) they said that apparently its because the PTA ( Parent Teacher Association) in Japan has been raising voices of reducing the profanity and vulgarity. So basically for anyone watching the episodes recently the amount of bad behavior of Shin has dramatically decreased if you noticed.
Because of this, apparently the studio has to go through several checks and acception every month... Which delays the process of airing. Honestly, PTA has been the biggest rival for the Shin Chan community since forever but after the death of the author, the PTA has been raising voices louder than ever too.

Also the people were explaining that for anyone who noticed Ai, Okei-Obasan, Yoshi/Mitchi, and Hiroshi (dad) has reduced roles because their Seiyuu(Voice Actor) has been steadily increasing in popularity and the wages for them has increased.
Especially Ai because of her main role in Fate/Zero & Fate/Stay Night roles. For Okei-obasan it is because of her main role in Detective Conan as Conan. Which is sad since these characters are really interesting to watch.

TL;DR Shin-chan anime has been declining in quality recently and people are speculating the shin-chan anime will not be good as 2004-2009 era ever again.

Where do you even find the old episodes?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 16, 2014 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
Confucius said:
K-Shinkurou said:

Where do you even find the old episodes?

It depends. do you watch it subbed, raw, or dubbed and what language?

-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 21, 2014 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
orithyea said:
Indeed, there has been multiple complaints for the past couple of years, but I think there were more during the previous decade's era, though. PTA is rather persistent. There was even a heavy complaint on Shin-chan answering an answering machine, saying that you shouldn't let five-year-olds do that.

Oh really? I kinda figured that since they stopped doing that now that I think about it. I really enjoy the show still but i also dislike how they changed the funny ear biting joke on Kazama/Georgie to just ear air blowing now lol.
Not to mention they really dropped the immature/vulgar jokes where the jokes are just Shin-chan saying misheard things in a funny manner or Shin-chan just using his butt to do funny stuff.

I sometimes go back and watch the old episodes and still "lol" at the crude humor but the recent episodes are just something i watch to entertain myself now.

Also do you know if any of the Shin-chan movies are canon or if the author wrote it? Because the movie "Crayon Shin-chan Movie 18: Chou Jikuu! Arashi wo Yobu Ora no Hanayome" had a future that I really couldn't like/get into. The future of every single person was really sad... Not to mention Shin-chan isnt suited for Tamiko imo.

-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 23, 2014 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
orithyea said:
I watched the earlier episodes with my family, and they were actually fond of the crude humour, haha. But I agree, they have been toning it down a lot, which is to be expected. Even Detective Conan has been subject to extreme censoring at times due to a minority of kids watching it.

As far as I know, they aren't canon, or perhaps this is my memory failing to remember it being in the manga. I've only watched up until 19, though.

Ahh i see thanks for clarifying. I'm glad the movies aren't canon. I noticed it on conan as well, the censorship on one of the neck hanging episode was pretty extreme..
But i guess Shin Chan still has the manga to look forward to for the good crude humors lol.

-Oreki Houtarou

More topics from this board

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 11 Discussion

eski514 - Dec 13, 2020

1 by sandwich-boy »»
Mar 16, 3:06 AM

» Will Crayon Shin-chan ever get dubbed again?

Boo_Destroyer - Feb 9, 2023

8 by Beefy_Monster »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:20 PM

» Shin Chan did prove to show that even Japanese works can have very ugly designs.

AkihitoZero1224 - Nov 25, 2023

0 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 49 Discussion

Drumbottle - Nov 24, 2023

0 by Drumbottle »»
Nov 24, 2023 2:28 AM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 5 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 16, 2008

3 by RexQiu »»
Nov 23, 2023 3:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.