Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Sinon got a bit anxiety this episode during that fight with her gun. I bet we'll see more of that later on. The episode was tense although I notice that Kirito shows no fear at all..

Welp, he goes Jedi again with his proton sword. Not that I'm surprised but Sinon gets cornered at sword point.

Stark700Aug 9, 2014 8:09 AM
Aug 9, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Flashback, because of that masked guy. With fear, he won another battle.

Then main guy vs. main girl of the season. He doesn't do anything, just walking to let her lose her calm. She got angry and said something that somehow woke him up. He won by looking at where she looked and cut the bullet, then confessed to her about his fear.
tsubasaloverAug 9, 2014 8:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 9, 2014 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
BULLETS CUT IN HALF
Aug 9, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2009
So yeah, 1 hit from that light saber is guarantee a kill. And the guy took more than a few sec to die last episode was just for some dramatic effects.

Anyway, good episode, but I thought they would save more time and make the flashback part about Laughing Coffin longer. Oh well, we can finally see the art/animation has improved so much since the first season.

Good episode. I bet people will complain about his OPness when seeing he cuts through the bullet in half lol.
Takana_no_HanaAug 9, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 9, 2014 8:04 AM

Jun 2011
Did Sinon not aim directly at Kirito or was RNG-sama too strong. o_o
Aug 9, 2014 8:48 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito Skywalker has fully entered God mode and is making quick work of these fools. He's playing Sinon like a fiddle. How more many episodes until Sinon is fully "trapped" by Kirito's harem/d*ck beam? It looks like it will only be a matter of time.
dankzelAug 9, 2014 11:40 AM
Aug 9, 2014 8:52 AM
Oct 2012
Nice episode, good resonance between Kirito and Shion: Kirito is forced to remember when he killed two or three other people (which if people are wondering why Kirito keeps his SAO identity secret, remember he is a multiple murderer no matter how justified he was in doing it, and people have friends).

Those deaths probably were more traumatic for Kirito then the one they did show. Kirito has a bit of a death complex, so merely saving his own life isn't enough for him to forgive himself for killing people, saving Asuna was for him reason enough. This is why in killing those two he had to go berserk to do it.

So forced to confront his own PTSD, Shion recognized that Kirito had experienced something similar to what she experienced, and when Kirito continued to win, she recognized that he seemed to have the strength to continue pushing on she wanted to achieve.

Hence their confrontation. Shion couldn't hit Kirito because his existence was challenging her entire coping mechanism for her own PTSD, and she sort of lost it. She then ran out and demanded to know how he did it. Then they had the showdown and Kirito won (the reading of the eyes was foreshadowed back in the arcade, remember he didn't tell anyone how they did it, and remember that Kirito's senses are extremely high from last episode (and this is not "Stu" in that he had 2 years to develop them, with the constant adrenaline of knowing if he screwed up once he was dead - primitive hunters under similar conditions likewise have great senses and reflexes). Kirito would have more than most other SAO players because he was Solo and his margin of error much smaller).

So when he won Shion wanted to know where he got his strength from to overcome his trauma, and Kirito tells her that you don't "overcome" it through strength.

As for the speed of the killing, artistic license: showing Kirito killing people is no longer important, so why waste time on it. One could also say that he hit the open back of the person and defenses are probably much weaker there.

So another good solid episode, action, exposition, and character development all nicely balanced, with just a dash of Shion in cute stances to serve as a garnish.

Holding steady as an eight, maybe starting to drift upwards into the 8.5 range.
Aug 9, 2014 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like Sinon is being drawn in by Kirito's cock of justice.
an egomaniac and a fool

Aug 9, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 2013
Take it you guys watched it RAW. I'm still waiting for the eng sub
Aug 9, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Man these episodes just keep getting better and better. Later on is gonna be amazing when the real action starts.
Aug 9, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2012
That flashback to SAO was interesting.
Aug 9, 2014 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
All OPness of Kirito aside, I liked this episode a lot because we got better development of Kirito than we've ever had in all of first season combined. His post-traumatic stress is something that felt quite real, and I like that they made the connection with Shion because she, too, faces similar problems.

Even the strongest of people have a weakness to them, and this aspect to me, is what made Kirito more likable after this episode.

How dare they kill off Ginko. Mushishi is love. Mushishi is life.
Aug 9, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
Was a really good episode. Awesome to see Kirito's skill in action.

I'm looking forward to when Sinon finds out that he was the top player in SAO... if she does. All the players in GGO would fear him :D

May 2013
Getting a little flash back of when Kirito was in SAO. Impressive how Kirito saw where she was going to shoot him.
Jan 2014
The flashback complemented Kirito's emotional state perfectly. Those LC members were the biggest creeps. Too bad the KoB members had to pay the price of wanting to spare their lives...
Slashing a ~900 m/s .50 BMG round in half like it's nothing, lol.
Glad to see some emotion in those characters.
This second season just keeps getting better and better after each episode.
I hope it continues like this until the end.
ResidentAug 9, 2014 10:06 AM
Aug 9, 2014 10:04 AM
Sep 2013
Very good episode So Kirito does have regrets from the people that he killed in SAO to bad It was only part of a flashback wish this was what every would have scene in the beginning. Sinon vs Kirito was alright wish It was a better fight though still good.
Aug 9, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
Sinon seemed to get a bit flustered after the fight, but dang Kirito cutting that bullet in half wow.
My Candies:
Aug 9, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Kirito having that flashback with laughing coffin shook him up badly. Him and Sinon are kinda similar both of them have killed a person. I'm still impressed that he deflected Sinon's last sniper shot.
Aug 9, 2014 10:08 AM
Jan 2014
Kirito got some decent (as for SAO) development in this episode. Nice. But that "hugging" scene at the end... so haremish :D
Aug 9, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Another amazing episode :D Keep going A-1 >.<!! Esp love how they're keeping Kirito and Sinon's monologues (^O^)/

Loved seeing the Laughing Coffin raid animated :D And seeing Kirito's emo mode being done well was something that definitely surprised me. That was one of the part I didn't like that much in the volume but seeing it animated was actually pretty nice. It wasn't over dramatic either.

And how he just overcame it probably thinking that this game is nothing in comparison and started kicking ass was awesome ^^

Sinon getting pissed at how he was just walking toward her not giving a F*** was awesomely done! And Dat bullet slicing!! BA!

Quite a position Kirito was holding Sinon in for quite a while during their conversation :3 It can get a person totally misunderstanding XD Sinon's tears and blush were cute <3 and loved how she was thinking "He's strong" ^^

Also loved the reactions to Kirito winning. Death Gun has a new target :P
Aug 9, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Seems like Kirito is trembling in fear because of that Laughing Coffin survivor. That flashback of his was well portrayed for its intensity and his emotional state.

Sinon vs Kirito, well I knew that Kirito would win and Sinon getting all flustered when she is standing close to him. Death Gun's eyes are pretty scary...

Aug 9, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 2008
Kirito! you bloody cheater!
he must be using zoom-hack to be able to see Green-hair-girl Eyes from 20 meters.

why nobody suspect kirito cheating O_O
heck, he must be using ASPD and trajectory hack too.

Season 3:
Kirito will become superman. He can turn back time. -____-
or
Kirito is BATMAN.

Why you can cut bullet?
Because i am Bat-... Kirito!
orangpelupaAug 9, 2014 10:22 AM
Aug 9, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
Okay for now im liking s2 more than s1, but kirito seems like such a pussy to me because of those long hairs, i just cant get used to it.
Aug 9, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good flashback of Kirito when he fought the Laughing Coffin members.

Sinon vs Kirito was alright. Kirito did not want to kill a girl, he won the match and Sinon resigned.
removed-userAug 9, 2014 10:28 AM
Aug 9, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
OK question: if Sinon & Kirito are already both qualified for the final round, and it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why would the tournament have them go up against each other anyway in a semi-final? Is qualifying based on a point system i.e. you only need to win 3 out of 5 qualifiers and you're set because that's the only thing I can see that makes sense?

And I notice at the end this particular match didn't seem to be broadcast to the other players, it only showed the status screen at the end.
Aug 9, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2011
Enjoyable episode. Looking forward for the real tournament to start.
Aug 9, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2010
Sinon best girl. Just fucking kiss.
Aug 9, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Is it just me or does it seem like gun gale online arc will end soon?
Aug 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
I hate how they made Sinon in the anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2014 10:29 AM
Feb 2014
FlamingMangos said:

We are currently a bit less (ca. 1 episode) away from the halfway point of the entire GGO arc ;-) (In LN we have finished Vol. 5 and move onto Vol. 6 which is around 150 pages longer than Vol.5)
Aug 9, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
good flashback to SAO, but i'm jealous of kirito in the end of episode, he got to hug sinon so tight T_T
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
Hyack said:

T_T
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
EPIC.... the fight with laughing coffin... I need more.

Aug 9, 2014 10:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kirito was Sinon was pretty amazing. He jsut stood there like he knew she'd miss and not giving a damn about the fight. I don't blame him since the confrontation with Death Gun left him in a state of shock. After surviving SAO he probably didn't expect any LC members left. Those LC members were blood thirsty savages who killed for pleasure. If I was in GGO I'd be just as petrified as Kirito. Who knows if the guild got bigger and has players from the guild in the BoB tournament.

When Kirito was holding Sinon the first thing that came to my mind was an Asuna getting very mad at him. Lucky she's not in the game or else he'd be asking for mercy lol.

Looks like Death Gun has his next vicitm, Kirito. After the final match vs Sinon it looks like Death Gun knows Kirito is the real deal. Considering Death Gun is a LC member it doesn't surprise me that Kirito will probably be in his list.

Aug 9, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2014
SAO flashback?Good...I couldnt even felt sorry for the idiots who died to Laughing Coffin Members

Seems like its game over for Sinon for the time being,Kirito is too strong for her to handle(or anyone :I)
LoneWizzyAug 9, 2014 10:38 AM
Aug 9, 2014 10:34 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Caleb8980 said:
FlamingMangos said:

We are currently a bit less (ca. 1 episode) away from the halfway point of the entire GGO arc ;-) (In LN we have finished Vol. 5 and move onto Vol. 6 which is around 150 pages longer than Vol.5)

So SAO II might be a two arc show with Mother's Rosario possibly being shown?

Aug 9, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
Kirito is God himself. Dude is the most OP character of all time. Every single strong Anime character would not even stand a chance. Can't see how Kirito is scare of death gun.
Aug 9, 2014 10:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really liked that flashback to SAO with Kirito, Asuna and that guild going after LC...That entire thing was just way too awesome

I also like the fact that Kirito is afraid....This makes things a whole lot more interesting and I like how they're making Kirito and Sinon be able to relate to each other like this..And that last scene where Kirito held her by the waist was pretty hawt lol

I was hoping that we would of gotten more time to see the other matches but oh well...Sinon vs Kirito didnt go exactly how I thought it would but it was okay...Hopefully round 2 (If there is one will be better)

I have a quick question for LN readers though....Did they skip through the rounds like this in the LN?
Aug 9, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
Was the raid on LC in SAO shown? I can't recall it and I doubt I'd forget it.
It's kind of a big thing. I mean, killing 3 people is sure to f*** up anyone with morale, let alone a teenager.

A decent development episode, could've been better.
And she's surprisingly calm after hearing him say he killed 3 people. She doesn't know circumstances (other than what he said about protecting the ones you love) so I expected somewhat bigger reaction.

Nevertheless, SAO 2 is continuing to surprise me by not being trash like ALO was. Please, do continue like this.
Aug 9, 2014 10:37 AM
Apr 2014
Loved it, was just so good, loved the novel and loving the anime too.

Before someone comes "hurr kirito just cut a bullet durr", if you can block bullets or dodge them that fast, if you know shes shooting at your left leg, then you would just try to slash it, ofc i would've used a "wow, actually did it" comment to avoid all these haters but oh well.

Also, its not something new, cmon... Black Lagoon, even Star Wars had some similar scenes and you are hating SAO because its SAO? lel.

EDIT: Also, i think Kirito isn't "afraid" of Death Gun, hes just remembering things, u know? killing 3 persons would be a trauma for everyone.

AICW said:
OK question: if Sinon & Kirito are already both qualified for the final round, and it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why would the tournament have them go up against each other anyway in a semi-final? Is qualifying based on a point system i.e. you only need to win 3 out of 5 qualifiers and you're set because that's the only thing I can see that makes sense?

And I notice at the end this particular match didn't seem to be broadcast to the other players, it only showed the status screen at the end.

I dont know about the last part, but that match was all about who qualified as first of the group I guess.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 9, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode...did'nt expect to see him like that...after the talk to that LC guild member guy...
Kirito you fcking chick magnet...!!
It's already late for this joke i guess xD
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode, kirito loses his mind at some point because of Death Gun.
He won the duel vs Shinon, so i guess it wasn't that bad.

Jul 2014
Kirito TOO STRONK.
Good episode anyway, Loved the SAO flashback.

Jan 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
Kirito is God himself. Dude is the most OP character of all time. Every single strong Anime character would not even stand a chance. Can't see how Kirito is scare of death gun.
He is not scared of him,he is scared of that flashback we saw
Feb 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Caleb8980 said:

So SAO II might be a two arc show with Mother's Rosario possibly being shown?

Yeah it will be shown (as SAO II is already confirmed for 25 episodes ;-)), Caliber I guess as well even though I'm not sure there.
Aug 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito is basically the god of gods. He could probably take down Tatsuya.
an egomaniac and a fool

Aug 9, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2012
Dat flash back.

Wasn't really feeling this episode. The first half with the flash back was really good, but then when Kirito personality did a 360 it kid of felt meh after that. Felt like the animation for the fights was reduce. Also the fight with Kirito vs Sinin could have been a bit better imo.

3/5.
Aug 9, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2013
Hyack said:

^This.

Death Gun just walks away 'cause he's freakin' boss. He's so badass he makes Kirito tremble with fear.
But Kirito's actually scared because of what happened in the Laughing Coffin raid.
So to get rid of fear, he just rampages through all his opponents! (^_^)

Sinon vs Kirito!
Sinon with her sniper needs to calm down. Don't worry, Kirito and his sword will take care of her.
But seriously, cutting bullets in half is pretty awesome.

We therefore conclude Kirito is still a player, in both meanings of the word.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 9, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2013
only the second half of the episode was worth the week i've waited for this...
i hope he tells sinon about SAO
Aug 9, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Damn... I didn't expect kirito to be so affected by the conversation he had with Death gun. Overall another great episode in my opinion. Especially that duel with sinon at the end really awesome to watch!
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.