Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 19, 2009 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
phew what a awesome development. ling turning into greed the fight hohenhiem turn out not to be hohenheim^^ wow i wonder if ling can get back his body.

Oct 19, 2009 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode
Oct 19, 2009 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
awesome ep! <3 i luv the new OP even more now x)
Greedling's voice freaked me out O.O but it's so awesome that he's in the series!
and it really WOULD be sumthing if Ling wuz Lust xD
Oct 19, 2009 2:59 PM
Jun 2008
Ah! Where is Ling???
And why Ed an Al couldn't use alchemy? O.O

I'm really looking forward the next episode :)
Oct 19, 2009 3:08 PM

Feb 2009
Was really blown away by the plot development this episode brought, can't wait for next week I WANT MOAR @_@
Oct 19, 2009 3:33 PM
Aug 2007
Awesome episode! feel sorry for Lin and i'm gonna miss him but he's still in there and i hope he'll regain control of his body
Oct 19, 2009 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Hurray, finally Greedling <333333
I was pleasantly surprised that they used Greed's voice, I had never originally pictured Ling's voice changing when he transformed into Greed. I dig it though! I can't get over how Envy's true form movement seems so fluid when it's animated...

Now that one of my favorite characters has been introduced (reintroduced?) I can't wait for Briggs...
Oct 19, 2009 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode and nice fluent animation. Although I hope they won't use another voice for Ling's, Miyano is doing a perfect job with it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 19, 2009 4:30 PM

May 2007
HOLY SHIT NOOOOO LINGGGGGGGGGG!! ;_____;'

Oct 19, 2009 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
I always expected they'd stick with Miyano's voice with a more villainous tone for Greed-Ling, so this is gonna have to take some getting used to. Other than that, good episode, stuck to the manga, etc.
Oct 19, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2009
Ah man, come on, Ling was a pretty cool character in this show.
Oct 19, 2009 6:04 PM
May 2008
Alright episode but could have been better imo, especially after the recap episode. However, as far as purely action driven episodes go this was pretty decent.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 19, 2009 6:22 PM

Feb 2009
Greedling is here and he is here to say!
Greed+Ling=Greed "mother fuckin" Ling

Oct 19, 2009 7:04 PM

Nov 2007
There's another Greed now that's in control of Ling's body. Pretty good episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 19, 2009 7:23 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 28 and it was awesome!!!
the fight scenes were just sweet.
i just realized how much i loved the new OP song, its actually the second best after the first one of course.
this anime is just awesome rite now, cant wait for next episode.

5/5, loved it!!!
Oct 19, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Ling no longer sucks, yay!! This series has made some major improvements from the shitty summary start they had. I'm still not happy with the random jokes they toss in at serious parts. It totally kills the mood :(. Should be interesting to see how Ling and Greed coexist in one body.
Oct 19, 2009 8:28 PM

Jan 2008
huh... i don't remember gluttony dieing so early on... i kinda remember seeing him in the later episodes (like, 80+) or is that it for him? =/

man... seeing ling greed is going to be the best thing ever =D <3
Oct 19, 2009 8:42 PM

Nov 2008
AoiMemori said:
huh... i don't remember gluttony dieing so early on... i kinda remember seeing him in the later episodes (like, 80+) or is that it for him? =/

yes gluttony died in this fight but as father said after the credits "i will bring you back with your memories of course" lol
Oct 19, 2009 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
suigetsu00 said:
AoiMemori said:

yes gluttony died in this fight but as father said after the credits "i will bring you back with your memories of course" lol

you wanna send me a message reminding me of exactly what happened please? Dx
Oct 19, 2009 9:25 PM

Aug 2007
Sami092 said:
So I guess Hofenheim is not their "Father" it really is some mysterious guy, the animation was brilliant, it was so good.

Like you couldn't guess from previous hints and some not so subtle ones (such as the new op)?

Good episode. Hope things continue like this for a while. And no more Ling makes me sad. :( At least Greed is back.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 19, 2009 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
WinterNightsFall said:
Sami092 said:
So I guess Hofenheim is not their "Father" it really is some mysterious guy, the animation was brilliant, it was so good.

Like you couldn't guess from previous hints and some not so subtle ones (such as the new op)?

Good episode. Hope things continue like this for a while. And no more Ling makes me sad. :( At least Greed is back.

Pretty good episode really..
Ling transformation as Greed was handled fairly...
Poor May Chang..her dream was crushed :(
Father is damn strong...he can nullify alchemist with no guts
I don't think that Ling is gone forever...maybe he's waiting opportunity to reclaim his body
Waiting for the next episode... ^_^
Kagura89Oct 19, 2009 9:53 PM
Oct 19, 2009 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
L-L-Ling! D:
I was seriously like this the entire episode -> O.o
Not exaggerating. Oh, and I do believe, "Holy sh**" slipped out a few times, too.
In other words, awesome episode. :D This episode definitely made up for last week's.

adamantine said:
Mei's vision of Edward was like Jack in Pandora Hearts, xD.

Interesting comparison. XD
Oct 19, 2009 10:12 PM

Jun 2008
Wah, I want Ling back. I miss him and his old voice.

Can't wait for the coming episodes though. Reading the manga makes me want to see how the show does it even more.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Oct 19, 2009 10:16 PM

Apr 2009
Haruharu_chan365 said:
and it really WOULD be sumthing if Ling wuz Lust xD

YESPLZ -fangasm-
xD Seriously though, never thought about it. That'd be awesome.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 19, 2009 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
Huu-rah!
Back to the awesomeness again.

Can't wait for the next episode, seriously.
This is why I hate keeping up-to-date, the wait kills me.
Oct 20, 2009 12:16 AM

Dec 2008
ah i also miss miyano for ling; i hope he comes back later on. does anyone else think that ling/greed looked like hei from dtb in the last shot of him? he had the same dead eyes.
Oct 20, 2009 5:43 AM

Sep 2008
badass ep!!!

Ling "Don't interfere!" .. it's rly sad 2 say goodbye for ling T_T .. n Ling/Greed with greed's voice didn't rly sound right 2 me ((guess we'll have to get used 2 it laterz on)) *yea, my guess from last ep was correct in this .. Ling became a Humonculus >_>*

Hope Ling would be able to make a comeback again ... or I meant 2 say .. Bring MY REAL LING BACK!! >_<"

the Humonculi's Father was powerful like hell ...

n Ed u shouldn't break the heart of a lil' girl, midget xDD (that was one of the funny moments in this ep n May's vision was like, rofl!!)

5/5 ep!

n looking forward to more~

Ed and Al going to Wrath (a.k.a: Fuhrer President King Bradley) .. that's gonna be something ...

n the after ed song, "No worries, my son. I'll recreate u. with ur memories, of course."

seems like we'll be getting a lot of badass eps soon (if) it didn't start already from this ep =)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 20, 2009 7:03 AM

Oct 2007
Win episode. GreedLing is freaking awesome. I'm hoping for more Riza Hawkeye next episodes.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 20, 2009 9:13 AM

May 2009
Fck yeah! Just when you think it can't possibly get any better :D; I'm sad to see Ling go but I'm pretty sure he lurking inside there somewhere. He's my favorite character in Brotherhood. Also when Ed mentioned Lan Fan, there was this moment and this new Greed showed some of Ling's mannerisms. Greed is welcome back anytime though. He was my favorite character in the first anime. So I'm kinda confused about this situation.

It was cute to see Shao May trying to protect May Chang fom Gluttony :P :P
...and Chang's response on seeing Edward lol

I also hoped they'd show what's going on with Hawkeye and Mustang and the others. I guess we'll see that next week maybe.

I'm curious if I'm the only one who thinks Father showed an expression when he said he'll recreate Gluttony. He said son didn't he? Maybe I'm just speculating too much but we'll see.

Overall, I loved the action. This was an explosive comeback after the recap episode. I guess that's one reason why I liked this episode so much. The next one looks like it will be a quiet one. Last thing, the way they showed Ed/Ling/Envy come out of Gluttony was awesome and so was Ling's transformation into Greed.

Oh hey, are we missing Sloth?

10/10; Brilliant episode this one.

*EDIT: Was Scar really talking about the Elrics when he said they're working with the Homunculi? Wasn't that kinda stupid seeing as how Ed/Al were practically being crushed under Envy's hands... paws...
honey88foruOct 20, 2009 9:18 AM
Oct 20, 2009 9:44 AM
Sep 2009
He said that they *weren't* working with the homunculi - he'd thought they might be when he saw them together in the alleyway last episode (er, the one before the recap), but seeing them pinned down by Envy made him realize he was wrong.
Oct 20, 2009 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
honey88foru said:

sloth is in the op he is the huge one with muscular arms he'll be introduced soon lol

cant wait til they introduce olivia armstrong!! lol she's just as, if not more, BA than izumi xD
Oct 20, 2009 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
Good episode. I haven't felt that "omg this is amazing" feeling a lot for Brotherhood so far like I did with the manga, but hopefully it'll continue to get better from here on out.
Oct 20, 2009 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
YES. Greedling! I didn't think they'd give him a new voice, but it's fine,
. This whole episode was done really well. Loved when Scar finally found out about the truth of Ishval.
Oct 20, 2009 2:17 PM

Dec 2007
Tell me will Greed be taken over by Ling later on?
Oct 20, 2009 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
Darude said:

If you want spoilers, go check the internet. Or did you miss the:

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

at the start of the thread?

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 20, 2009 3:49 PM

Feb 2009
Darude said:

i drunkenly watched this episode a few days ago but it seemed pretty obvious (as far as i remember) that there was at least some of lings personality left inside his body. so i expect to see him back at some point
Oct 20, 2009 4:48 PM

Jul 2007
Very entertaining episode! miss Ling!
Oct 20, 2009 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
and enter Greedling! Gah that was a great episode, get to see it back on track after the little recap/dream last week.
Oct 20, 2009 10:50 PM
Sep 2008
This show just keeps on getting more and more awesome. And now Briggs, my favorite arc ever, is about to get animated.

I'm super excited.
Oct 20, 2009 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
Is it just me, or is this show's rating getting higher every episode? xD
Oct 21, 2009 1:59 AM

May 2009
Kexlizard said:
Is it just me, or is this show's rating getting higher every episode? xD
That's because the anime is getting better and better every episode. xD

Well, at least that's what I think.
Oct 21, 2009 2:07 AM

Sep 2008
Possibly best episode yet. Absolutely superb.
Oct 21, 2009 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
each episode keeps getting better and better!

Oct 21, 2009 3:08 AM

May 2009
Absolutely loved Envy's animations. This episode was fantastic and had me on edge!

Oct 21, 2009 3:15 AM
Jul 2009
Shit!!!! It's just getting better and better!!! It's been a while, FMA really kills me with the story. I never really fall so deeply with an anime.

I grew to like Ling more and more!
Oct 21, 2009 3:35 AM

May 2009
ChainsawAsh said:
He said that they *weren't* working with the homunculi - he'd thought they might be when he saw them together in the alleyway last episode (er, the one before the recap), but seeing them pinned down by Envy made him realize he was wrong.

Ah okay that does change things :P

suigetsu00 said:
honey88foru said:

sloth is in the op he is the huge one with muscular arms he'll be introduced soon lol

cant wait til they introduce olivia armstrong!! lol she's just as, if not more, BA than izumi xD

He's been created like a sloth too, physically I mean. Long big powerful arms. So that's the new girl in the op. Does she tear off her top too? That'd be grand xD;
Oct 21, 2009 5:58 AM
Sep 2008
As much as I'm enjoying the story progression, I hope they balance out the number of chars on each side again (good side / bad side). Tired of DGrayMan and Bleach- type stories that have an overwhelming number of characters on one side over the other that just throws reason out the window.
(in both cases, the one side could just gang up on the other side and end the story, which always bothers me when they start a 1v1 or something)

EDIT: To clarify, just in case, Bleach has too many good guys, DGray-Man has too many bad guys.
Oct 21, 2009 6:07 AM
Jun 2008
Well in this case..the bad guys are so ridiculously over powered that the good guys need a ton of 'em..most cannon fodder..
Oct 21, 2009 7:49 AM

May 2009
^ Ya. I think the bad guys in this are just so overwhelmingly powerful that even if all the good guys ganged up on them now, it wouldn't matter. Father alone would be sufficient. Plus, while the baddies seem to know everything and how it works and they can use it to their advantage and they've been working together for a long time and have established a lot of sources/infrastructure etc., the good guys are (is?) just a bunch of disparate people thrown together in a situation.

Hence the need to balance the equation with a lot of good people.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Yesterday, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Yesterday, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.