Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 20, 2009 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
Is it just me, or is this show's rating getting higher every episode? xD
Oct 21, 2009 1:59 AM

May 2009
Kexlizard said:
Is it just me, or is this show's rating getting higher every episode? xD
That's because the anime is getting better and better every episode. xD

Well, at least that's what I think.
Oct 21, 2009 2:07 AM

Sep 2008
Possibly best episode yet. Absolutely superb.
Oct 21, 2009 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
each episode keeps getting better and better!

Oct 21, 2009 3:08 AM

May 2009
Absolutely loved Envy's animations. This episode was fantastic and had me on edge!

Oct 21, 2009 3:15 AM
Jul 2009
Shit!!!! It's just getting better and better!!! It's been a while, FMA really kills me with the story. I never really fall so deeply with an anime.

I grew to like Ling more and more!
Oct 21, 2009 3:35 AM

May 2009
ChainsawAsh said:
He said that they *weren't* working with the homunculi - he'd thought they might be when he saw them together in the alleyway last episode (er, the one before the recap), but seeing them pinned down by Envy made him realize he was wrong.

Ah okay that does change things :P

suigetsu00 said:
honey88foru said:

Oh hey, are we missing Sloth?

sloth is in the op he is the huge one with muscular arms he'll be introduced soon lol

cant wait til they introduce olivia armstrong!! lol she's just as, if not more, BA than izumi xD

He's been created like a sloth too, physically I mean. Long big powerful arms. So that's the new girl in the op. Does she tear off her top too? That'd be grand xD;
Oct 21, 2009 5:58 AM
Sep 2008
As much as I'm enjoying the story progression, I hope they balance out the number of chars on each side again (good side / bad side). Tired of DGrayMan and Bleach- type stories that have an overwhelming number of characters on one side over the other that just throws reason out the window.
(in both cases, the one side could just gang up on the other side and end the story, which always bothers me when they start a 1v1 or something)

EDIT: To clarify, just in case, Bleach has too many good guys, DGray-Man has too many bad guys.
Oct 21, 2009 6:07 AM
Jun 2008
Well in this case..the bad guys are so ridiculously over powered that the good guys need a ton of 'em..most cannon fodder..
Oct 21, 2009 7:49 AM

May 2009
^ Ya. I think the bad guys in this are just so overwhelmingly powerful that even if all the good guys ganged up on them now, it wouldn't matter. Father alone would be sufficient. Plus, while the baddies seem to know everything and how it works and they can use it to their advantage and they've been working together for a long time and have established a lot of sources/infrastructure etc., the good guys are (is?) just a bunch of disparate people thrown together in a situation.

Hence the need to balance the equation with a lot of good people.
Oct 21, 2009 10:19 AM

May 2008
Seriously, this remake is better than I ever dared hope for.
Oct 21, 2009 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
honey88foru said:
ChainsawAsh said:
He said that they *weren't* working with the homunculi - he'd thought they might be when he saw them together in the alleyway last episode (er, the one before the recap), but seeing them pinned down by Envy made him realize he was wrong.

Ah okay that does change things :P

suigetsu00 said:
honey88foru said:

Oh hey, are we missing Sloth?

sloth is in the op he is the huge one with muscular arms he'll be introduced soon lol

cant wait til they introduce olivia armstrong!! lol she's just as, if not more, BA than izumi xD

He's been created like a sloth too, physically I mean. Long big powerful arms. So that's the new girl in the op. Does she tear off her top too? That'd be grand xD;

lol....sorry no she doesnt :P
Oct 21, 2009 12:34 PM
Mar 2009
Awesome episode, action AND plot advancement!
Oct 21, 2009 12:38 PM
Oct 2009
honey88foru said:
^ Ya. I think the bad guys in this are just so overwhelmingly powerful that even if all the good guys ganged up on them now, it wouldn't matter. Father alone would be sufficient. Plus, while the baddies seem to know everything and how it works and they can use it to their advantage and they've been working together for a long time and have established a lot of sources/infrastructure etc., the good guys are (is?) just a bunch of disparate people thrown together in a situation.

Hence the need to balance the equation with a lot of good people.

Oh, just keep watching! The series is only at half-point and more awesome characters (and good ones too) are yet to come!
Oct 21, 2009 1:55 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode! This anime is getting better and better! :D
Oct 21, 2009 4:49 PM

Jun 2008
Best episode of FMA:B so far o.o
Oct 21, 2009 8:03 PM

Nov 2008
really cant wait for a lot of upcoming chapters to be animated :) lol
Oct 22, 2009 12:30 AM

Jan 2008
That was pretty good.
Oct 22, 2009 10:44 AM

Mar 2007
The only episode out of the newly animated manga content so far that I would say was great. Been a long time since I read the manga, but I'm sure there wasn't as many typical "ED IS SO SMALL!" jokes during this scene, the only one I'm sure about is May Chang's.
Oct 22, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2007
Shirogetsu said:
The only episode out of the newly animated manga content so far that I would say was great. Been a long time since I read the manga, but I'm sure there wasn't as many typical "ED IS SO SMALL!" jokes during this scene, the only one I'm sure about is May Chang's.

I finished the volume featuring this chapter a few days ago and they animated every bit. And there were quite a few "ED IS SO SMALL!" jokes in that scene. Ed was letting Envy think he was attacking him for that remark but went for Father instead.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 22, 2009 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
Shirogetsu said:

i just read the manga chaps that cover this ep......and there were 5 ed is small jokes lol
Oct 22, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
Now I'm interested in who Hohenheim is exactly. This was a rly great episode!!! :D
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 23, 2009 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
oh no!! ling how could you?
Oct 24, 2009 12:02 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Greed and Ling are a sick combination.

Oct 24, 2009 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
BurningEyedShana said:
Greed and Ling are a sick combination.

Best one ever x3
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 24, 2009 12:48 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. :D

I thought Mei's image of Ed was the same as reality!... Only real Ed is slightly shorter and doesn't sparkle as much. XD

I like Greed, but I liked Ling too... Hearing Greed's voice in Ling's body is pretty weird though.

I was hoping that the Father guy wouldn't recreate Gluttony... sigh.
Oct 24, 2009 1:23 PM

Dec 2008
Onox said:
Very good episode indeed. A lot of cool battles and omg! Greed is back. Also, poor Mei... XD

Really following the manga well, though I wish they would try not to ruin the serious atmosphere with gags so often.

I agree, hate when they try to make fun out of serious scenes. :/

That's how the MANGA is. Epic episode, can't wait for the next one. :D
Oct 24, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2008
crazy unexpected epic stuff going on again, just impossible to not love this show! 8}

say, people who read the manga, in what approx place of manga does events takes place that are in anime right now? and is manga close towards ending already or no? wondering..
Oct 24, 2009 10:06 PM

Apr 2009
Shadoww said:
say, people who read the manga, in what approx place of manga does events takes place that are in anime right now? and is manga close towards ending already or no? wondering..

This episode took place in chapters 54 and 55; and you mean manga as in manga or as in anime catching up to manga's end? Manga's nearly through if so; it's at chapter 100, and Arakawa said she wouldn't go many chapters after 100. Anime's nowhere near close to that point though.
PosskOct 24, 2009 10:10 PM
Oct 25, 2009 11:45 AM

Nov 2008
Shadoww said:
crazy unexpected epic stuff going on again, just impossible to not love this show! 8}

chaps 54-55ish, todays ep should wrap up volume 14.....and the manga is currently at volume 24 so still a lot of epic moments and sad moments to cover :)
Oct 25, 2009 11:50 AM

Oct 2009
adamantine said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And Greedling has finally appeared! However, I already miss Miyano's voice. The different voice was kind of creepy.

Mei's vision of Edward was like Jack in Pandora Hearts, xD.

Greedling! LOL XD! That Made Me Laugh! None The Less It's A 5/5 Episode! =D! Can't Wait For Ep. 29!
Oct 26, 2009 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
Possk said:
Shadoww said:

This episode took place in chapters 54 and 55; and you mean manga as in manga or as in anime catching up to manga's end? Manga's nearly through if so; it's at chapter 100, and Arakawa said she wouldn't go many chapters after 100. Anime's nowhere near close to that point though.
suigetsu00 said:
Shadoww said:

chaps 54-55ish, todays ep should wrap up volume 14.....and the manga is currently at volume 24 so still a lot of epic moments and sad moments to cover :)

thnx for info, ppl. thats great to know that theres still alot to look forfard for
Oct 31, 2009 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
6/5

This show is pro!

Nov 18, 2009 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
Suzune-chan said:
sigh, poor Ling. Somehow I feel that he didn't get what he asked for.
But it is good to know, he is still in there.
It's like a demon possession......
Remember this old adage. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Ling wanted power, he got it. To bad the Ling personality became overridden with the Greed personality. I will miss Ling. It would have been interesting to see Ling with Greed's powers. This would have messed things up for Father.
Dodecahedron-O24Nov 19, 2009 9:45 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 21, 2009 9:51 PM

Oct 2009
Cool.
This is the greatest episode so far

Dec 14, 2009 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
so father has that kind of power, the ability to heal, nullify alchemy, and even make philosopher stones from his body, this guy is extremely powerful! not even scar can hurt him!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 18, 2009 10:59 AM

May 2009
Kristyn said:
Atleast Ling wasn't turned into Lust :D?
XD

that's it XD
Hearing lust's voice from Ling's body would have been too much of a shock
Apr 24, 2010 5:43 AM

Sep 2009
awesome episode specially with the creation of greedling XD

May 20, 2010 5:11 AM

Sep 2009
I wonder how long it will be till Ed and Al can use alchemy again...
Jul 9, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
Wow another unbeliavable episode. As usual, it didn't fail to impress me. So Greed is back now huh? I wonder if Ling will still be able to control his body. I think that last punch of Edward and at the same time saying the word Ran Fan woke up his old self. I might be wrong though.

Okay so I don't know what to say about this father guy. Apparently he is not Hohenheim and he knows Hohenheim like they're really close friends, lol. He's also freaking mafuking strong. Heck he tanked that attack from Scar like it was nothing. Also, he can make a field where noone can use alchemy but just himself. How the fuck can anyone beat that guy? Wow

Anyways, it was a great episode. That father guy produces philosopher's stone like it was an easy job to do. Who is he? That guy is gotta be the most interesting thing next to the truth guy.
Jul 12, 2010 3:21 AM

Apr 2010
Very impressive! I didn't expect Ling to be as weak as to give his body so easily.

So...that 'father' is NOT Hohenheim yet he looks like Hohenheim. He claims he knows Hohenheim, but it makes me wonder why is he so awfully similar to Hohenheim...How can he use Alchemy.

Apparently that makes Hohenheim innocent of my accusation that he's evil.

Now I just noticed, I used the name 'Hohenheim' alot here.

Next episode seems interesting!
Jul 21, 2010 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
"There's going to be hell to pay for all of you!" XDDDDD

Hahahaha. Oh, man. That was great. And in that little high pitched voice. Epic.

And the whole "alchemy doesn't work" and Scar blows Gluttony up. Love it.
Aug 17, 2010 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

Ling Yao, what have you done?
Dec 17, 2010 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
I've died and gone to heaven. No actually I haven't, this is even better #__#. This anime has made my favourites list.
Jan 21, 2011 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
AWESOME EPISODE!! (although I'll miss Ling and hope that he does come back to claim his title and destiny)
Jan 26, 2011 7:40 AM

Dec 2010
Maybe Hohenheim and father are twins
Mar 18, 2011 4:21 PM

Mar 2010
I aslo want to old ling back but greed is cool to though

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 10, 2011 8:47 AM

Oct 2010
XxAlicexX said:
Apparently that makes Hohenheim innocent of my accusation that he's evil.

I'm also guilty of this.

- Liked the new Greedling, but I'm really missing Miyano's voice. Come back, Ling~. ;__;
- May Chang's expectations for Ed was lol. So sad for her, though. XD;

When will Ed tell Al that he saw Al's body?
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 12, 2011 7:30 AM

May 2010
Naruleach said:
;___; i win want the old Ling back!!!

yay Winry next episode!

edit: ah, don't you just love silly typos?

Yay Winry :D
Jul 6, 2011 7:22 AM

Dec 2010
YEAH! At last! Greed has appeared. Although he's not the same Greed =\ One of the matters I like about him is how he still the same way, independent of the body he possesses. And yeah, I seem to like the new ED more and more.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.