Forum Settings
Forums

2014 College Football season(Happy NSD!!!)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2010
Nicoreoz said:

I say 7-5 for the Buckeyes, Sparty should repeat the Big 10 East and my money's on the Huskers to win the West.

I lol'd at this too Nico, sorry bud. 7-5 is pushing it a litttttle too far for a prediction lol.. 9-3 is as bad as I can see OSU doing.

As for the second part, I think you're right in that MSU now has a higher chance to win the Big 10. I don't really see OSU beating them, but it's not a big enough gap where I'm confident in picking either team.

Gunbladewarrior said:
Question to all:

What does the team you cheer for need to do in order to be successful this season?

Texas A&M

- Not play in the SEC West

- Need production from the WR's equivalent to the 5 star talent that we have from WR 1 - 3 (le' go speedy noil)

- Need Myles Garrett to do Myles Garrett things

- Need safety play that doesn't make me want to kill myself

All in all, A&M's probably looking at a 9-3 or 8-4 season; losing to Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and potentially either South Carolina or Ole Miss.
Aug 22, 2014 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
Yeah I jumped the gun a bit, Legendre, lol.

I said before that an Urban team hasn't really crashed and burned, so I took it back.

I'm still not buying the Buckeyes winning the Big 10 though.
Aug 26, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
L.O.L. @ the Josh Shaw story.

First, it was reported that Shaw jumped off a 2 story balcony to save his drowning nephew.

But, it turns out that story was false. The real story is Josh Shaw jumped off a 3 story balcony as he was trying to run away and avoid the LAPD.

That's too perfect.
Aug 28, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
Ughhhhhh A&M v South Carolina today...

My body is ready.
Aug 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2013
Legendre said:
Ughhhhhh A&M v South Carolina today...

My body is ready.

Only reason I'll be watching is see how Jeremy Tabuyo #19 does for the Aggies. (Actually that's the only reason I'm follwing A&M after Manziel left for the NFL.)

ILOCANO PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! ILOCANO AK TUNGAL TI BIAG!!!!!!!!!!
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Aug 28, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2010
This A&M team has an absurd amount of talent on the offensive end, and it was on display during that first drive. A massive TE with surprising speed, 3 legitimate RB's, and a bunch of 5 star talent at the WR talent like RSJ. Kenny Hill looking like the legit starter he showed during the few snaps he took last year when Manziel was out.

NOW WE JUST HAVE TO HOPE THE DEFENSE ISN'T AIDS..

Edit: RIP; CONFIRMED FOR AIDS

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SAFETY WITH YOUR 5.0 40 TIME DESHAZOR!?
UmbryaAug 28, 2014 3:49 PM
Aug 28, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
^ lol

Hill looks legit though.
Aug 28, 2014 4:45 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:
^ lol

Hill looks legit though.

It's no surprise to A&M fans. He's a lot like Manziel; not in terms of abilities really, but in the fact that he was passed over by a lot of "big" programs despite his absurd high school numbers.

"Texas Gatorade Player of the Year and Class 5A Offensive Player of the Year after completing 139-of-209 passes for 2,291 yards and 20 TDs with 102 carries for 905 yards and 22 TDs in 2012"

3.2k total yard and 42 total TD's in one year of highschool.. l o fuckin' l

Really, as well as Kenny Hill is doing, I think the story is actually our offensive line and our WR core. We have one of the best O lines in the nation, and probably the best WR core overall. Our top 3 receivers are all 5 star talents, two of them were among the best WR's in their class. Kenny has had some WIDE THE FUCK open targets.

Even though we gave up two horrifically bad plays for the two TD's SC has, our defense looks improved as well. Our defensive line isn't anywhere near as bad as it was last year, and it looks like we can actually fucking tackle.

Only one half of football down though.. comebacks aren't all that rare in CFB.

SMALL SIDE NOTE: South Carolina is already forced to DOUBLE TEAM a true freshman. Myles Garrett is a fucking freak of nature, and EVERYBODY knows it.
UmbryaAug 28, 2014 4:49 PM
Aug 28, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I remember Ricky Seals-Jones' recruitment. He was actually originally committed to the Longhorns if I recall correctly. Eventually he decommitted and obviously chose TAMU.
And I'm still surprised Speedy Noil chose TAMU over LSU. The 2014 class was a fucking failure for LSU, considering the INSANE in-state talent they had. They didn't even retain half of them.
Aug 28, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:
Yeah, I remember Ricky Seals-Jones' recruitment. He was actually originally committed to the Longhorns if I recall correctly. Eventually he decommitted and obviously chose TAMU.
And I'm still surprised Speedy Noil chose TAMU over LSU. The 2014 class was a fucking failure for LSU, considering the INSANE in-state talent they had. They didn't even retain half of them.

Yeah it was certainly a big loss for them. I'm an LSU fan as well so I didn't even know what to feel about that whole situation lol...
Aug 28, 2014 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Legendre said:
Fantasee said:

Yeah it was certainly a big loss for them. I'm an LSU fan as well so I didn't even know what to feel about that whole situation lol...

I sort of keep up with LSU. Not enough to call myself a fan, but they're the team I follow the closest outside of the Big Ten. Mostly because I'm a big fan of Les Miles, and he has Michigan ties. Still kinda depressed we chose to hire Brady freakin' Hoke over Miles. <.<
Aug 28, 2014 6:25 PM
Feb 2014
A&M's only "better" in recruiting these days because they've moved to the SEC. That and of course, recent results. You can also throw Manziel's emergence by making it bonafide hot. Big 12 is pretty damn weak atm if you ask me, but Austin's still a hot college town that should get tons of in-staters.

Texas does though get California recruits from time to time, I can't name any A&M Cali recruits by heart. I only know WA/CA for recruiting btw. Most of the Huskies recruits end up from those two states.

I can see the Horns rebound under Strong though. He has the right idea of coaching, even in the big situation.

One last thing, I actually feel bad for what USC is going through. That's what happens when Carroll is the coach of your favorite pro team for me, lol.
Aug 28, 2014 6:29 PM

Dec 2010
Nicoreos said:
A&M's only "better" in recruiting these days because they've moved to the SEC. That and of course, recent results. You can also throw Manziel's emergence by making it bonafide hot. Big 12 is pretty damn weak atm if you ask me.

I can see the Horns rebound under Strong though. He has the right idea of coaching, even in the big situation.

Partly agree, partly disagree. As with anything, you have to look at all of the factors.

Moving to the SEC is a big one. Sumlin is an absolutely outstanding recruiter. New facilities; stadium expansion; recent results; university hype in large part thanks to Manziel.

Sumlin is one of the best recruiters in CFB. At this point that cannot be debated. He should get the credit well before anything else.

And yes, the Big 12 is very weak primarily due to UT's recent fall from grace. For that conference's sake I agree in that I hope Strong turns it around.
Aug 28, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
Kenny Hill 500 yds first college start, what 4 TD's, like 75% or higher pass completion % and he ended the Gamecocks 18 home game winning streak. The 500 yds broke Johnny Manziel's record as well. On the flip side, South Carolina needs to regroup and maybe focus more on their secondary when it comes to recruiting. Only downside to the game was didn't see Jeremy Tabuyo play then again watched the whole 1st qtr, some of the 2nd and the late 4th and disappointed Sumlin kept most of his starters throughout the 4th. I know he gonna get hella playing time against Lamar and Rice but still...on the bright side I got to see him on the sidelines so ya. Time to watch San Jose State vs. FCS powerhouse North Dakota!!!! I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a couple of upsets by FCS teams opening week.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Aug 28, 2014 7:10 PM
Feb 2014
Legendre said:
Nicoreos said:
A&M's only "better" in recruiting these days because they've moved to the SEC. That and of course, recent results. You can also throw Manziel's emergence by making it bonafide hot. Big 12 is pretty damn weak atm if you ask me.

Partly agree, partly disagree. As with anything, you have to look at all of the factors.

Moving to the SEC is a big one. Sumlin is an absolutely outstanding recruiter. New facilities; stadium expansion; recent results; university hype in large part thanks to Manziel.

Sumlin is one of the best recruiters in CFB. At this point that cannot be debated. He should get the credit well before anything else.

And yes, the Big 12 is very weak primarily due to UT's recent fall from grace. For that conference's sake I agree in that I hope Strong turns it around.

That's what I was saying except I left out the Sumlin part. I believe you though. I already think he's a great coach and could be there for many years to come now.

I'm curious, but when will A&M play Texas next time? Cancelling that rivalry just doesn't make sense, lol.
Aug 28, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2010
Nicoreos said:
Legendre said:

That's what I was saying except I left out the Sumlin part. I believe you though. I already think he's a great coach and could be there for many years to come now.

I'm curious, but when will A&M play Texas next time? Cancelling that rivalry just doesn't make sense, lol.

Yeah I know; as I said, partly disagree, partly agree :P The only worry with Sumlin is how hard NFL teams are going to gun for him in the coming years, because the NFL hype train is definitely coming for him.

Hopefully soon. UT is still pretty bitter about A&M's move to the SEC -- their forum boards are hilarious, and it's only just now after that game that you're finally starting to see some acceptance that A&M is currently better than UT. The one thing that would really hold it back is that A&M plays in the SEC West, and scheduling an out of conference opponent like Texas would make their schedule one of the the hardest, if not THE hardest, in the country. As it is their SoS is already like #5 or something.

Also, this .gif is amazing:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/864868964.gif?1409269167

"IS THIS REAL LIFE?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnu_cHleS4k&feature=youtu.be

Sumlin post game. #swag
Aug 29, 2014 8:23 AM

Dec 2008
Legendre said:
Fantasee said:

Yet they still had an amazing recruit class. Might be their best recruiting class ever.
Aug 29, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2010
Jimb0 said:
Legendre said:

Yet they still had an amazing recruit class. Might be their best recruiting class ever.

For sure; I mean, it's still LSU after all. It was just a surprise that Noil, coming from New Orleans and highly pursued by Les and LSU, chose A&M instead.

Frankly, I think he chose right. LSU's offense is built for a ground and pound game, and doesn't have anywhere near as much room for a talent like Noil's as Texas A&M's spread offense has.
Aug 29, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2009
Badgers vs LSU tomorrow night. Looking forward to the matchup.
Aug 29, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
baboon said:
Badgers vs LSU tomorrow night. Looking forward to the matchup.

Me too. That'll be a good game.
Aug 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Michigan looked fantastic. I'm very pleased with our performance.
Aug 30, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:

Yeah, their rushing attack had a field day.. but it IS Appalachian State; not sure how hype you could possibly get for a win like that, even if it was 100-0 lol..

OSU had a close one against Navy, but for the most part it was expected. I think it'll be an important win for their team as they look towards MSU later down the road. JT Barrett played really well in his first start, and their defense pulled it together towards the end.
Aug 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Legendre said:
Fantasee said:

Yeah, their rushing attack had a field day.. but it IS Appalachian State; not sure how hype you could possibly get for a win like that, even if it was 100-0 lol..

OSU had a close one against Navy, but for the most part it was expected. I think it'll be an important win for their team as they look towards MSU later down the road. JT Barrett played really well in his first start, and their defense pulled it together towards the end.

Well.. Considering Mich's OL was manhandled by Akron and UConn last year, showing we can at least run on App St can actually be seen as an improvement, as sad as that sounds lol.

Something to be concerned about is our 5* freshman CB Jabrill Peppers (AKA NEXT CHARLES WOODSON) limped off the field with injury, didn't play the second half... They say he was only kept out for precautionary reasons. Hope that's true.
FallingSn0wAug 30, 2014 12:57 PM
Aug 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:
Legendre said:

Well.. Considering Mich's OL was manhandled by Akron and UConn last year, showing we can at least run on App St can actually be seen as an improvement, as sad as that sounds lol.

Something to be concerned about is our 5* freshman CB Jabrill Peppers (AKA NEXT CHARLES WOODSON) limped off the field with injury, didn't play the second half... They say he was only kept out for precautionary reasons. Hope that's true.

lol, I guess that's true. That sucks about Peppers.. definitely don't want to see a talent like that go down. Reports are that it's an ankle injury, but hopefully it's just a low sprain.
Aug 30, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Breez @JabrillPeppers

Thanks for the get well wishes, your boy is okay & I will be out there next week! 1 down many more to go!! As always.. #GoBlizzyBlue
Aug 30, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2012
So that RB from Georgia looks kinda decent. He doesn't run very Gurley at all.
Aug 30, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
TravSavage said:
So that RB from Georgia looks kinda decent. He doesn't run very Gurley at all.

Yes. Nick Chubb is a monster.
Aug 30, 2014 8:26 PM

Dec 2010
LSU offense looks completely out of sorts. They're supposed to be a ground and pound team, but their running game has looked absolutely awful. Meanwhile, Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley are clearly the best RB's in the country.
Aug 30, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
Florida already off to a great start this season.
Aug 30, 2014 9:16 PM

Feb 2009
Nobody chokes like the Badgers do.... unreal
Aug 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
baboon said:
Nobody chokes like the Badgers do.... unreal

It's a shame, really. I'm an LSU fan, but they played horrendously bad for the majority of this game. That's why you play 4 quarters though I guess. Still a little bit of time left though; anything could happen.

LSU's defense looks as good as it has in years in terms of talent. They're exceedingly young, and if they can make it out of this game, they're going to have a great season. The same can't be said about their offensive situation; neither QB looked anywhere near the caliber necessary to win the SEC, and the real disappoint is the running game.

I actually had no idea that Fournette wasn't going to be starting. Hilliard is pretty good in his own right, but I was really hoping that the Fournette hype train would live up to expectation.
Aug 31, 2014 1:17 AM
Sep 3, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2008

JT got it together in the 2nd half, but the two redzone possessions in the first half were awful.

And I would rather see Rod Smith get more carries. Not really impressed with Elliott yet.

----

Devin Funchess is a stud. He's one of 3 or 4 M*chigan players I would take on Ohio State.
Sep 4, 2014 4:07 PM
Feb 2014
AP hates the Huskies, ranked 25 in the country, we won our game, and now we're around 33 atm.

Can we please win the Pac-12 now?
Sep 4, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2010
I seriously hope you guys only support colleges that you attend or have attended in the past.
Sep 4, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2011
Geaux Tigers!
suckthistigerdickBITCH

Sep 4, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2010
WeShootBurglars said:
I seriously hope you guys only support colleges that you attend or have attended in the past.

?... da fuq? Team affiliation adds a certain passion to CFB, but it's certainly not a necessity to enjoy the sport.

Frankly, I'd rather see more people that just love the sport, and want to see a good game regardless of team affiliation.
Sep 5, 2014 11:09 PM

Oct 2011
Anyone tailgating tomorrow? Just me? Oh, okay.

Sep 5, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
OREGON ON GAMEDAY VS MSU

LETS GO DUCKS!!!

O
Sep 5, 2014 11:44 PM

Dec 2010
MaiTai said:

Meh, week 2 is like the worst week in CFB lol... besides the two main games (MSU v Oregon and Stanford v USC) most teams are playing cupcakes.
Sep 6, 2014 12:28 AM

Aug 2013
Sourire said:
OREGON ON GAMEDAY VS MSU

LETS GO DUCKS!!!

O

Please win.

Legendre said:
MaiTai said:

Meh, week 2 is like the worst week in CFB lol... besides the two main games (MSU v Oregon and Stanford v USC) most teams are playing cupcakes.

Michigan vs Notre Dame is a big game too :(

====

I hate your new title, gunblade :(
Sep 6, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2008
People seem to think having LeBron at the game helps with recruiting. It didn't help at all last year. :/

I hate your new title, gunblade :(

Had to. XD
Sep 6, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2012
Long time NFL fan, non-american here.

Looking for an exciting match-up. What do I watch tomorrow?

Or today if it's Saturday for you guys now.
Sep 6, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2011
Legendre said:
MaiTai said:

SEC tailgates no matter what lol. Totally excited that the LSU v Bama game is a home game too.

Sep 6, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Perisher said:
Long time NFL fan, non-american here.

Looking for an exciting match-up. What do I watch tomorrow?

Or today if it's Saturday for you guys now.

You definitely will want to tune into the Michigan State @ Oregon game. That is a match up between two top 10 teams.
Southern California (USC) @ Stanford promises to be a very good game as well.
Sep 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:

Legendre said:

Michigan vs Notre Dame is a big game too :(

MMMMMMmmm.... I'll give you that I guess lol.. It's definitely better than the majority of the games.

UGH, Nebraska almost lost to Mcneese State.. big 10 y u do dis to me. An absolutely amazing play to finish it though.

MaiTai said:
Legendre said:

SEC tailgates no matter what lol. Totally excited that the LSU v Bama game is a home game too.

Yeah but the week 2 games still blow lol.. most people end up staying at the tailgate the entire time. I was in Baton Rouge last year for LSU v A&M; wasn't the greatest game, but death valley is always a fun place to watch CFB.
Sep 6, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck me.

We still have a long ways to go.
Sep 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
WOOOOOO MARIOTA FOR HEISMAN!!!

I love my ducks #wontheday
Sep 6, 2014 7:39 PM

Dec 2010
Fantasee said:
Fuck me.

We still have a long ways to go.

Yeahhhh... MSU is the best team in the big 10 by a good bit after what I've seen from MSU v Oregon, Michigan v Notre Dame, and VT v OSU... which is saying that the big 10 kinda blows, since Oregon ran away with that game in the 2nd half. Maybe Wisconsin can give them a run for their money in the Big 10 championship, but I doubt it.

Stanford USC was as weird as I expected it to be. Stanford should have won the game, but they couldn't capitalize on red-zone opportunities.

Fournette making the heisman pose after scoring his first college TD against SHSU made me laugh. A LITTLE TOO EARLY FOR THAT BUDDY.

Week 2 blows for most teams in terms of the caliber of the opponent, but it makes for an awesome study in skill position players. Watching A&M v Lamar for instance gives you a chance to see Myles Garrett against a lesser opponent, and it's gross. He's in the QB's face on every single play, and makes it around the OT in about 0.2 seconds

EDIT: Well this was a fucking brutal day for the big 10 lol...
UmbryaSep 6, 2014 8:59 PM
Sep 6, 2014 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQId8fWguA

:3 best CB in college football

edit; gus johnson is love, gus johnson is life
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.